Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

theshim posted:

if UoL manages to throw this I swear

To be fair Moms have been doing well to stop the bleeding and get fights. It's also a kinda hard comp to pull off so props to UoL for trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Horo is cool and good and I like him, but screw MYM.

e: Quickshot sucks, Krepo owns.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Winions

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
Maokai flashed for the last auto on the nexus. That's how you end a game with hype, goddamn.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Savage Cracker posted:

To be fair Moms have been doing well to stop the bleeding and get fights. It's also a kinda hard comp to pull off so props to UoL for trying it.

Yeah, poke comps are really hard to get right and rely on staying ahead.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Honestly? That game was long but it was interesting to watch. I loved it.

Eta: Nisbeth with 100% Kill participation

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Krepo and Quickshot's analysis is really good and they're spot on with how much work PowerOfEvil did that game that let the rest of his team eat objectives. Kills and fights were secondary throughout the game.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Demiurge4 posted:

Krepo and Quickshot's analysis is really good and they're spot on with how much work PowerOfEvil did that game that let the rest of his team eat objectives. Kills and fights were secondary throughout the game.

It's amazing how much better Quickshot got with Krepo. Deficio is a great caster, but him and Quick have no synergy, whereas he works great with Mitch.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Unexpected to see CW take the win vs Fnatic

As for Elements - Gambit's official twitter posted this gem

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Unexpected to see CW take the win vs Fnatic

As for Elements - Gambit's official twitter posted this gem

:angel:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress, I went to sleep right before Gambit vs Elements. That would've been a good one to watch.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Let me throw this out there and see what you think. What do you think if they took the burden off the team and let the coaches be shot callers? Give them a team locked spectator mode.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Invalid Validation posted:

Let me throw this out there and see what you think. What do you think if they took the burden off the team and let the coaches be shot callers? Give them a team locked spectator mode.

Not a fan of that. Shot calling within a team is a real mark of who's a good team, and who's a bunch of solo-queue idiots, and I don't think removing that is good for the game.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Would Tom Brady have almost a full hand of rings if Bill Belichick wasn't whispering in his ear?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

TWSS posted:

Would Tom Brady have almost a full hand of rings if Bill Belichick wasn't whispering in his ear?

By contrast, even tightly managed football soccer teams need a real team captain on the field, even though the coaches are allowed to yell all match long. One can make arguments for and against and it's just preference at the end of the day, I think.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I dunno, it's probably pretty stressful for the people that do it. Real sports let coaches call the plays. Might make the games go better if someone could look at the full field. I'd like to see it even if it doesn't work out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I'd be for coaches getting some side locked spectator cam. I really dont give a poo poo about which 17 year old is a better 'shot caller' or whatever. The thing is, adding a coach doesnt change that. you'd still have teams with better instincts & shot calling ability. But I'd much prefer teams that have skilled players who arent as smart to get some competent direction during a game so I don't have to watch CW vs H2K play a 6 hour match.

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!

Jerkface posted:

I'd be for coaches getting some side locked spectator cam. I really dont give a poo poo about which 17 year old is a better 'shot caller' or whatever. The thing is, adding a coach doesnt change that. you'd still have teams with better instincts & shot calling ability. But I'd much prefer teams that have skilled players who arent as smart to get some competent direction during a game so I don't have to watch CW vs H2K play a 6 hour match.

That sounds pretty terrible. I want to watch the teams play not some backseat driver.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

That sounds pretty terrible. I want to watch the teams play not some backseat driver.

well then i guess the 24/7 coach cam twitch feed won't be in your favorites

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Anyone think we might see a Kalista from Sneaky ever again this season?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Calax posted:

Anyone think we might see a Kalista from Sneaky ever again this season?

Eventually she'll eat a nerf or two and stop being a priority pick and then he might bring her out for some reason or another. Forgiven, of SK in the EU LCS, still plays Lucian to reasonable success even though Lucian as a champion got snapped in half at the end of Season 4 (admittedly after being incredibly dominant for the entire season) and is very definitely not somebody who should see competitive play if you want to go by a concept of "only play the strongest meta picks" that some people do.

I mean, you'd think they'd be smart enough to never let him play her again, just like you'd think people would know not to ever let Faker play Riven again if she was remotely near the competitive meta (which I doubt will ever happen but you never know). Then again people to this day sometimes don't ban Irelia against Wickd so God knows what the LCS teams will do in the future going forward.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 14, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
That end of Samsung vs NaJin 2nd game, holy gently caress, watch it on VODs people.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
The end of Samsung vs NaJin was some Coast-level poo poo.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
GE Tigers vs SKT starting shortly. Get hyped.

Violently Car posted:

The end of Samsung vs NaJin was some Coast-level poo poo.

Yeah that wasn't crisp. Duke is too good for Najin.

edit: Veigar support :getin:

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 14, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Veigar support from the Huya Tigers vs Faker Ez mid :allears:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Murder Murder Murder

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
This game is already getting crazy

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Mundo is not going to die again. Unless he tanks both nexus turrets and all of SKT.

edit: I guess SKT hammering on him for literally half a minute without his ult works too :v:

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 14, 2015

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Return of the Raid Boss Mundo

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

That mundo. Good lord.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Do you think Mundo getting play in competitive will result in him getting picked more in soloQ?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Amazing to see how far Smeb has come since almost getting the Longpanda award on IM

As for the Mundo in SoloQ, there might be copycat picks but I still think the pick doesn't transfer over as well.

And there's a Veigar ban...what?

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 14, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Bengi you might be a toilet most of the time but that was a hilarious and great play.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Bengi you might be a toilet most of the time but that was a hilarious and great play.

Bengi showing the value of playing pacman inbetween games.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
PSA: Don't let Faker pick LB.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Aumanor posted:

"You beat me on my undefeated Ezreal ? Impressive, I'll have to bring out one of my other undefeated champions"

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Game status 27 minutes later: No, really, REALLY, D O N' T.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 14, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Faker deleted a Morgana with like, 80% health in two hits :stare:

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008
That double Q deleting morgana was so goddamn filthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
GE Tigers still undefeated!

• Locked thread