Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
God drat it. My *favorite* (/sarcasm) local tweaker/rx-7 scammer has reappeared and is pissed. He ripped off some guy on one of the many buy/sell Facebook pages, like he has done for the 100th time. 99% of people avoid him, but the one guy who gives him a second chance immediately got screwed. Anyways, the guy who got screwed made a big post about the story and I make a single comment that it's funny how the scammer used to try and claim myself/local rotary guys ruined his name, but it's really just his bad communication skills and continual lies. Wished the guy luck getting his money back and this is a perfect example why no one deals with him. Of course this pisses off the scammer and now I've got threatening messages saying he's going to show up at our shop tonight. I told him to bugger off and that he will be trespassing if he steps foot on our property. Que me now wanting to sit with a 12G in the shop after I get off work. This guy needs to go away, or learn his lesson. There goes my plans tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Solihull syndrome may be striking at my house again.

Why do I subject myself to these things?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the spyder posted:

God drat it. My *favorite* (/sarcasm) local tweaker/rx-7 scammer has reappeared and is pissed. He ripped off some guy on one of the many buy/sell Facebook pages, like he has done for the 100th time. 99% of people avoid him, but the one guy who gives him a second chance immediately got screwed. Anyways, the guy who got screwed made a big post about the story and I make a single comment that it's funny how the scammer used to try and claim myself/local rotary guys ruined his name, but it's really just his bad communication skills and continual lies. Wished the guy luck getting his money back and this is a perfect example why no one deals with him. Of course this pisses off the scammer and now I've got threatening messages saying he's going to show up at our shop tonight. I told him to bugger off and that he will be trespassing if he steps foot on our property. Que me now wanting to sit with a 12G in the shop after I get off work. This guy needs to go away, or learn his lesson. There goes my plans tonight.

The worst part is shitlords like that guy can just sit back and keep you on edge for days, weeks or months before he does anything.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Mat - Hopefully that means movement soon! Good luck dude!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Solihull syndrome may be striking at my house again.

Why do I subject myself to these things?

Is this a rover reference?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'll just have to get our fence/camera's up sooner then I though. I hate people. This is the same guy that I sold a car to on payments and he never finished paying off the last $2k. Also the same guy who decided to try and slander myself/pineapple/threaten to kill his former business partner/ect. I learned my lesson the hard way, now it's just a matter of time until he learns his.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Good Luck Mat.

My wife was in labor for 9 days, turns out thats perfectly normal. They just don't tell anyone that because its awful.
Several trips to the hospital to be sent home. Ended up with natural birth, save for some morphine on the day of.

Basically everything is normal and been done before.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

blindjoe posted:

Basically everything is normal and been done before.

As I remind my mom and sister when they're stressing over the latter's daughter (my niece), we used to raise these things in caves.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah but infant mortality was an order of magnitude higher back then

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
A customer of mines 2 month old is still in the ICU due to having problems breathing on his own :(.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
spyder, it sounds like you should probably call the police on his rear end, charge him with assault, and basically throw the book at him.

Also I accept payments two ways. One, in one easy payment of what you owe me, or two, we write out a bill of sale describing the deal, fill out the title, I hold onto the title+car and we both get copies of the BOS, you can get the title and car when you finish paying.

gently caress giving anyone anything until I have my money.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

God dammit I hate Valentine's. It always makes me remember how much of a loser I am. Time to go on a weekend bender... starting now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Also I accept payments two ways. One, in one easy payment of what you owe me, or two, we write out a bill of sale describing the deal, fill out the title, I hold onto the title+car and we both get copies of the BOS, you can get the title and car when you finish paying.

gently caress giving anyone anything until I have my money.

I've bought pretty much every Audi I have on payments, and what I did was:

- Draw up a contract showing payments with signatures and addresses of both seller and buyers
- Allow the seller to hold onto the vehicle until its paid up.

Worked like a charm. They were both hesitant to do it, but in the end it worked out just fine.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Unless something goes horribly awry, I'll be starting the job I interviewed for last week on June 1st! I've spent pretty much all of my free time since getting the offer on Monday figuring out if I can afford to buy a house right out of college and pay off my massive student loans early at the same time
:boom:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Do I remember in some previous chat thread there was a discussion on which Xbox wireless controller you can use for the PC? Apparently Microsoft stopped making them.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
There's a lot of knock offs that work well with the official controller. If you don't need wireless, the wired controllers work well. They're plug and play.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
We had a contract, that covered the original amount. I ended up including a few extra parts and a core engine, which were not on the contract. I learned my lesson- should have immediately amended the contract. Police will be involved if he comes anywhere near myself, family, friends. He has now decided after swearing a dozen times that he never wanted anything to do with the local community, to become super involved. I'm fairly certain he has forgotten that he has ripped off most the community and they will kick him out. If he shows up to any club meetings that I attend, he will be removed one way or another.

On a non-lovely note, I was just surprised with a phone interview for the position I applied for last week. It was a good chat and I should be hearing back next week at some point. I regret not giving a bit larger salary range, but it's still a 15-20% increase from what I make now. Next week should be fun.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

the spyder posted:

A customer of mines 2 month old is still in the ICU due to having problems breathing on his own :(.

Hope he will be okay soon.

mariooncrack posted:

There's a lot of knock offs that work well with the official controller. If you don't need wireless, the wired controllers work well. They're plug and play.

I already have controllers, just wanted to use one on a PC game.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Pc-Gaming-Receiver-Xbox-xbox360/dp/B0076HD2W8/ref=pd_sim_cps_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0X3AAPS9BR82E4RJ8Y0Y

I've heard of people having success with these.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

the spyder posted:

If it makes you feel any better, so was I back in the day. I was 4lbs 4oz, way premature, in the nICU for three months, and all I've got to show for it is a weird rear end scar on top my head where they stuck a monitor at one point. :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HZFCT2

I guess there are some of the Microsoft ones left. Don't know why I didn't see that before.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've got an official one I plunked $40 down on like a sucker years and years ago, but I do have to say it works beautifully.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah, 360 controllers should just be plug in and go for most stuff. My wired ones have worked flawlessly with pretty much every game i've tried.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'm thinking about just buying a few 360 controllers within the next year before they're disco, since I do wear them out and I don't see anybody making a better controller than the 360's anytime soon (and my PC is my 'next-gen' console because gently caress the xbone and ps4).
I got my Genuine Microsoft wireless adapter for free a few years ago, in exchange for an Exploder front brake job. Didn't actually think I needed it at the time but figured it was a good thing to have and didn't want to charge the dude actual money.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Parents just doored my new car, they don't seem to understand why I'm absolutely loving furious.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
steel-toe theirs. they'll get the picture then.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

I'm thinking about just buying a few 360 controllers within the next year before they're disco, since I do wear them out and I don't see anybody making a better controller than the 360's anytime soon (and my PC is my 'next-gen' console because gently caress the xbone and ps4).
I got my Genuine Microsoft wireless adapter for free a few years ago, in exchange for an Exploder front brake job. Didn't actually think I needed it at the time but figured it was a good thing to have and didn't want to charge the dude actual money.

I have so many parts of Xbox 360 controllers that have failed over the years, I could probably build a new one. Usually it's the sticks that go limp and start spinning you in circles though.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yep. The stick mechanism is cheap as hell to replace (and shared with all the PS controllers) but every time I open one up I just go 'welp, that looks like a pain in the rear end to solder', sigh and head to Walmart for a new one.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tommychu posted:

Yep. The stick mechanism is cheap as hell to replace (and shared with all the PS controllers) but every time I open one up I just go 'welp, that looks like a pain in the rear end to solder', sigh and head to Walmart for a new one.

As a guy who has a bitchin' soldering iron and no controller, send them to me :getin:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Made myself tacos for dinner. I like spicy but holy poo poo I went overboard somewhere. Still good though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, regarding that guy who fixed his own Prius battery by removing the corrosion on the bus bars...

http://imgur.com/gallery/j8Bcp/

I'm all for self-reliance and fixing your own car and keeping poo poo out of the junkyards, but I can't help but think most of the audience for Priuses is not really suited to do this. Seeing the news coverage is just going to encourage every conspiracy-minded Whole Foods motherfucker who doesn't know which end of a ratchet is up to start dismantling their hybrids and grab hold of the 260 volts of hot screaming death with their bare hands.

Good thing your kids didn't get the measles shot, at least now they won't have autism on top of the PTSD they'll catch when they see their dad ejaculate lightning.

AND TAKE OFF YOUR loving RING, IDIOT.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 14, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So I just got to sit and listen to a couple old folks (my moms' uncle and aunt) yammer slowly about their various RV adventures for several hours nonstop. Apparently they got caught in the Atlanta shitstorm last year when it all froze over.

After a couple days on the highway they made it to a motel, where the next morning it wouldn't start, and once they did get it going it wouldn't move above a few mph. Apparently once they got it towed to a Ford dealership (powertrain was the Triton V10), the diagnosis was "carburetor icing".

On an engine introduced in 1997 that was only ever sold with EFI.

And of course I was reassured that I didn't know as well as the dealer who fixed their land yacht and that it most definitely was a carburetor.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man, regarding that guy who fixed his own Prius battery by removing the corrosion on the bus bars...

I'm all for self-reliance and fixing your own car and keeping poo poo out of the junkyards, but I can't help but think most of the audience for Priuses is not really suited to do this. Seeing the news coverage is just going to encourage every conspiracy-minded Whole Foods motherfucker who doesn't know which end of a ratchet is up to start dismantling their hybrids and grab hold of the 260 volts of hot screaming death with their bare hands.

Good thing your kids didn't get the measles shot, at least now they won't have autism on top of the PTSD they'll catch when they see their dad ejaculate lightning.

I'm surprised you never saw more people doing Jurassic Park Explorers like that. You'd think they'd be more common with how cheap that generation of Explorer is now.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm surprised you never saw more people doing Jurassic Park Explorers like that. You'd think they'd be more common with how cheap that generation of Explorer is now.

True sticklers would use Landcruisers. :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Heh, reminds me of when the auto climate control went out in my crown vic and I was quoted $1500 to replace it, I ended up fixing it with $1.50 worth of O rings and it worked like loving new.

I would totally do the battery fix, although it would be a little spooky messing with it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fucknag posted:

So I just got to sit and listen to a couple old folks (my moms' uncle and aunt) yammer slowly about their various RV adventures for several hours nonstop. Apparently they got caught in the Atlanta shitstorm last year when it all froze over.

After a couple days on the highway they made it to a motel, where the next morning it wouldn't start, and once they did get it going it wouldn't move above a few mph. Apparently once they got it towed to a Ford dealership (powertrain was the Triton V10), the diagnosis was "carburetor icing".

On an engine introduced in 1997 that was only ever sold with EFI.

And of course I was reassured that I didn't know as well as the dealer who fixed their land yacht and that it most definitely was a carburetor.

Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their stupidity and then be smug AND ignorant and now it is your fault somehow.

It is the worst. Flee florida at the first chance and never go back.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That sounds like a bullshit story though and I highly doubt the dealer ever told them that. They made it up to make it sound more dramatic, and of course they aren't going to let you debunk their cool story about surviving the carburetor icing in the horrible frozen shitstorm.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Tucker and Dale vs Evil is one of the best loving movies I have ever seen

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is one of the best loving movies I have ever seen

All these teenagers keep committing suicide around us, man.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

All these teenagers keep committing suicide around us, man.

Do...do some of your friends take medication? Cause...cause I think they forgot to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
My medication for life is liquor.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4883777489.html

I want this thing so loving bad.

• Locked thread