Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'll be using gyro controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
they were great in metriod

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm not really that hyped for many upcoming releases, at least ATM. There's Monster Hunter, Majora's Mask, Type 0 HD, and Kirby. And that's counting several months out. I mean I'm excited for Xenoblade 3d as well but that's just a re-release.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Did anyone say hotline miami 2?

because hotline miami 2

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
BARKLEY2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Swelter Discharge posted:

SMT X FE
Persona 5
Bloodbore
MGS5
the new final fantasy
the new zelda
the new starfox
tales of zestiria
pillars of eternity
under night in birth (maybe)
the etrian odyssey mystery dungeon game
blue revolver
and probably others idk

same

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did anyone say No Man's Sky? Cause I can't wait for that game.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Metal Gear Solid 5
Hotline Miami 2

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Also want to see how reflex and toxxik (?) turn out

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The next Tomb Raider, op

Also the entire catalog of new 3ds games and also old 3ds games I need to catch up on

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Axel Serenity posted:

The next Tomb Raider, op

Also the entire catalog of new 3ds games and also old 3ds games I need to catch up on

the 3ds has an insanely sick lineup

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

the 3ds has an insanely sick lineup

so I hear, but I bought a DSi like a week before the 3DS came out and have missed out.

gonna buy all the jrpgs and also other games

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I look very much forward to the Majora's Mask 3DS remake. I hope that Bloodborne will be good, although I don't see myself getting a PS4 in the foreseeable future. I'm very hyped for Persona 5 and just getting a Wii U and all the amazing games it already has. That's already out and all that but I'm hyped as gently caress for it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm hype for Barkley 2 and Distance. I mean Distance is already out on Early Access but the campaign isn't complete yet and I wanna see how it'll turn out.

Oh, and Majora's Mask 3DS.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I buy all my games like five years late but I'm excited to pick up Mario Galaxy 2 and Wind Waker HD later this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I buy all my games like five years late but I'm excited to pick up Mario Galaxy 2 and Wind Waker HD later this year.

That's good gaming.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I'm hyped for Pillars of Eternity, it's been long overdue for these types of games.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Splatoon
Yoshi’s Wooly World
Mario Maker
Star Fox Wii U
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Mortal Kombat X

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
persona 4 dancing

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

open-world survival sandbox shoot'em up, asteroids (2015)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm half stuck on buying a new 3DS this year, or getting a new tablet which will include gaming stuff.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I'm half stuck on buying a new 3DS this year, or getting a new tablet which will include gaming stuff.

if you want a gaming tablet i highly recommend the SHIELD, it runs like a dream. the only problem it has imo is that its wireless is pretty lovely, but it plays games lightning fast and the price is pretty good for what you get. the color and resolution is great too. here's a link to the specs and stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-81...#productDetails

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

A Spider Covets posted:

if you want a gaming tablet i highly recommend the SHIELD, it runs like a dream. the only problem it has imo is that its wireless is pretty lovely, but it plays games lightning fast and the price is pretty good for what you get. the color and resolution is great too. here's a link to the specs and stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-81...#productDetails

That's actually not a bad deal. I'll add it to the list. I've sort of been leaning an iPad Air because I had an iPhone 4S and bought a lot of games on it, so I'd love to transfer those over (I bought a Galaxy S5 as my current phone). I'd also use the tablet for non-gaming stuff, too. I realize iPads are generally overpriced but man it sucks having your apps only available on Apple devices.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

seiferguy posted:

That's actually not a bad deal. I'll add it to the list. I've sort of been leaning an iPad Air because I had an iPhone 4S and bought a lot of games on it, so I'd love to transfer those over (I bought a Galaxy S5 as my current phone). I'd also use the tablet for non-gaming stuff, too. I realize iPads are generally overpriced but man it sucks having your apps only available on Apple devices.

well if you want to do streaming/internet stuff a lot, i would say probably look at something else, because the SHIELD is real poo poo at that. there's probably another device out there that's less powerful for gaming, but has significantly better wifi. if you just want to game, though, it's a good choice

ipads get a lot of poo poo but i enjoyed mine while i had it, i just didn't like having to jailbreak to do the things i wanted to do

and now i'll stop derailing. im also pretty hyped for the new zelda on the wii u, i forgot to mention that before; it looks super pretty and i want to roll around in the grass like a tomodachi mii

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

seiferguy posted:

Rarely does a game make a hard run for everybody's Biggest Disappointments of 2015 list right off the bat but No Man's Sky appears to have all the competitors beat already.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
MGSV

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Goin' in to get Majora's Mask at midnight! Who's with me?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Rarely does a game make a hard run for everybody's Biggest Disappointments of 2015 list right off the bat but No Man's Sky appears to have all the competitors beat already.

man why is it so hard to make a cool space game where you actually get to walk around on planets and stuff, this seems like something that fails constantly

e: talking like open-world style, too, not just a level that you have to go through

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I am hype as gently caress for DragonballZ Xenoverse.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

A Spider Covets posted:

man why is it so hard to make a cool space game where you actually get to walk around on planets and stuff, this seems like something that fails constantly

e: talking like open-world style, too, not just a level that you have to go through
Because planets are generally big, which means procedural generation, which makes it kind of difficult to randomly generate interesting terrain.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
cant wait for bloodborne and finding out what deep down is.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Deathwing has a really slick trailer and it's a 40k game being made by the EYE guys so that

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

seiferguy posted:

it's gonna be doo doo

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
dragons dogma online gonna own

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

thuly posted:

Deathwing has a really slick trailer and it's a 40k game being made by the EYE guys so that

Ya it looks good. Has there been any information about the WH40K MMO or is it dead in the water

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Das Butterbrot posted:

dragons dogma online gonna own

I don't think so

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a Japan only release I think

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

It's a Japan only release I think

Didn't they say they made Dragon's Dogma to compete with Western games in the Western market? What's the logic in making a Western-inspired game and then only selling the sequel to the Japanese?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They're not ready to announce it for Western markets so when people like Eurogamer corner them on it they just say something like "no plans at this time" because that's a non-answer game journalism accepts.

Capcom's gonna do a PS4 beta test for the game later this year so that's gonna be cool, wanna play that dogma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I'm hyped about the nip MMOS from a shite company as well. I'm straight

• Locked thread