Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well the new system has Model Damage levels, which honestly could have been either Nils or Meijin's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm glad that Nils realized he had to protect the Gun-Tang Secret once he learned it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

muike posted:

I'm glad that Nils realized he had to protect the Gun-Tang Secret once he learned it.

Needs love.

Also, while we are spitballing here: I dont think the Meijin really likes gunpla or battling. He just needs an excuse to wear those ridiculous glasses.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

muike posted:

Like for example, who decided that people like Sekai. I seriously don't know if anyone even likes him, in the west or Japan.

I don't mind him at all; he doesn't get under my skin or make me go "UUUUGH MORE SEKAI????" like most people in this thread seem to react to him. Yuuma was a far more offensive fun black hole before Meijin saved the show.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Needs love.

Also, while we are spitballing here: I dont think the Meijin really likes gunpla or battling. He just needs an excuse to wear those ridiculous glasses.

You don't get that campy without loving the thing you're camping for. How else can you get to three six nine times the passion? His glasses are powerful, but not that powerful.

My question is how do Lady's pants give her any passion at all? They're like, half pants. Can you imagine going into a fight with half a Gundam? I can't.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Maybe she had so much passion she began to overheat and was forced to shed that pant leg layer by layer to cool off.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The clown shoes at least are inexcusable. I say this as a professional, licensed anime fashion critic.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 14, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

John Carstairs posted:

Maybe she had so much passion she began to overheat and was forced to shed that pant leg layer by layer to cool off.

Chobham leggings.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Warmachine posted:

You don't get that campy without loving the thing you're camping for. How else can you get to three six nine times the passion? His glasses are powerful, but not that powerful.

My question is how do Lady's pants give her any passion at all? They're like, half pants. Can you imagine going into a fight with half a Gundam? I can't.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Lady's just too lazy to shave both legs.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just you wait, it'll be foreshadowing for her Stargazer's gimmick.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Her Gunpla leg turns into a gun.

Lady was Fumina all along.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Her Gunpla leg turns into a gun.

Lady was Fumina all along.

Lady is actually a bunch of Gunpla with their own mobile Plavsky emitter pretending to be a human.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Warmachine posted:

She has Short-Pants Spirit! :haw:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

You know what happened?

He lost.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Warmachine posted:

You know what happened?

He lost.

To reuse the incredibly tiresome joke it was thoroughly stupid to give a guy who kicks people a Mobile Suit with no legs.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:kamina: Cast-Off! Change-Mejin!:kamina:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:bravo:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:golfclap:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

what does it say that the best thing anyone in Try can do right now, is do first-season things

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

if lady kawaguchi's inevitable battle with fumina ends with ripping the other 'whole' leg off because she's having so much childish fun i will consider that the best character growth this metaseries has ever had

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dj Meow Mix posted:

if lady kawaguchi's inevitable battle with fumina ends with ripping the other 'whole' leg off because she's having so much childish fun i will consider that the best character growth this metaseries has ever had

But then she won't have a leg to stand on :ohdear:.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think last seasons second ending literally said half pants spirit. Like "han-pan". So if its actually a reference to that they are loving geniuses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think last seasons second ending literally said half pants spirit. Like "han-pan". So if its actually a reference to that they are loving geniuses.

It isn't.

Short-pants spirit is basically "childhood spirit" since short-pants are those goofy little shorts that are commonly associated with little kids in Japan.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know that, but han pan is LITERALLY half pants.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I know that, but han pan is LITERALLY half pants.

Yes, half as in "half-size." They are a thing associated with childhood, not literal half pants.

Sometimes a goofy anime design is just a goofy anime design.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know, a woman thats supposedly self conscious with her age wearing half a pair of pants would lead to a very lowball pun.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
And we're all aware of how this series feels when it comes to puns.

"Is the Kampfer Amazing because he's A Meijin?" :haw:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

W.T. Fits posted:

And we're all aware of how this series feels when it comes to puns.

"Is the Kampfer Amazing because he's A Meijin?" :haw:

BF Had so many great one frame easter eggs. I remember there was a quick shot of Carlos Kaiser's profile where he quoted the "Legs aren't necessary for combat" and showed he'd been using mechs like the Zeong and the Neue Ziel in previous tournaments.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Omnicrom posted:

BF Had so many great one frame easter eggs. I remember there was a quick shot of Carlos Kaiser's profile where he quoted the "Legs aren't necessary for combat" and showed he'd been using mechs like the Zeong and the Neue Ziel in previous tournaments.

I've been extremely impressed at how well-written all the English text in the series has been, which makes it great hunting for those.

Which is why it was really jarring when the rejection letter that the lead triplet got from Gunpla Academy was in untranslated Japanese. I mean, it makes sense, since he's Japanese and the school is Japan, but I was so used to seeing English on all the monitors whenever someone was reading something that it really threw me off.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JnRoiPBYhc

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
DENIAL GUNDAM! :emo:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

DENIAL GUNDAM! :emo:

EEEEEEEEEEEMO!

The best part remains Tryon 3's LIGER GLARE!, but I'm also impressed by the sheer volume of complete fuckery that SDs can get up to. Kick with HG legs, then turn them into guns!

What I'm saying is that the Winning Gundam owns.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

What a tease that episode was. I know we are all on the edge of our seats to finally learn the secret of the Jigen Haoh School. So close!

EDIT: Also can you feel my spirit through my posting?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Still, giant robot MMA was pretty rad.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

What I'm saying is that the Winning Gundam owns.

It was pretty much the only thing worth watching in this episode.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

sekai getting dempsey rolled was p awesome

also, the true form of denial gundam is dark bishie angel gundam?

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 18, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So King J-Der did a brief cameo to get chumped by Gaogaigar. Fumina is effectively using her suit in unique ways against people smart enough to know the limitations of it, Yuuma had a pretty cool poo poo eating grin when he thought about sacking the full vernian backpack to get the kill on his opponent and we saw what happens when someones machine can keep up with the burning while also having a more skillful pilot

Overall the episode did a good job demostrating how much Yuuma and Fumina have changed through the series in contrast to Sekai, that hasn't changed at all. They could go all "Its the heart that matters here see how I beat you despite your suit and obviously superior skills!" but I'm hoping that involves the other team members as well because it'll be incredibly dumb if it doesnt.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I can't be the only one who giggled that the Lion-chested Tryon 3 one-shot killed a Psyco Gundam repainted like the J-Ark, can I?

Edit: ^ Well speak of the devil!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm just happy we got to see a GunEz/Gunblaster. Love them Victory grunts.

• Locked thread