Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsBandit posted:

See people always say that but if you're using your gordos as a pure projectile instead of as a zoning tool then you're just playing dedede wrong. You shouldn't give them the chance to hit them back and if it seems like they will you just need to be ready for it.

yeha i never ever have problems with gordos (because every1 i go against is clearly trash..), they are the best aerial move when coming back onto stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monochromiicorn
Nov 14, 2012
Melee Ness http://gfycat.com/SparseVastEyra

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
It's easier to pick someone you like and get good with them than it is to try and learn someone you hate because someone decided they were better on a tier list. A lot of things that make characters high tier are dumb exploits and infinite-grabs or whatever.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 13, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chaltab posted:

It's easier to pick someone you like and get good with them than it is to try and learn someone you hate because someone decided they were better on a tier list. A lot of things that make characters high tier are dumb exploits and infinite-grabs or whatever.

Dumb exploits are a big part of what make Ganondorf not a pile of poo poo in Melee so give me dumb exploits over the reign of hoo-haa any day :shrug:

E: infinite grabbing can gently caress off though, it's fun to do once but the novelty wears off quickly

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 13, 2015

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
Ganondorf seems to shine in FFA and 2v2 as compared with 1v1.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rhadamanthus posted:

Ganondorf seems to shine in FFA and 2v2 as compared with 1v1.

Characters who do well in 1v1 do bad in FFA and characters who do bad in FFA do good in 1v1 basically. The largest, slowest characters are by far the best in FFA since they are really hard to knock out and they can just wait until someone is at a mid-to-high percentage and poke at them to KO.

As someone who's done a lot of spectate mode (don't judge), you can really win 90%+ of the time by betting on Charizard/Bowser/Ganondorf/Dedede/DK in a FFA.

e: like, online FFA is so heavily weighted (hyuk hyuk) in favor of large characters there's no fun to be had.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 14, 2015

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Customs tournament going on now. About to be Palu vs DK, both with 3-4 customs.

http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

LanceKing2200 posted:

Customs tournament going on now. About to be Palu vs DK, both with 3-4 customs.

http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator

Not sure I like the announcers, but customs definitely need to be legal for all Smash 4 tournaments.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Your Computer posted:

e: like, online FFA is so heavily weighted (hyuk hyuk) in favor of large characters there's no fun to be had.

It's nowhere near that stacked. It is in the favor of heavies, yes, but so large that there's no fun to be had? I've won tons of FFAs as light/midweight characters. Plenty of non heavyweight characters have abilities that are excellent for KO sniping. Zelda's din's fire and teleport, Lucina/Marth's front smash/shield breaker, Samus' charged shot, Robin's Thoron, etc. Hell, anybody can kill snipe if you're decent at timing front smashes, and if you see someone vulnerable it's far easier to race across the map and get in the last hit on someone light and fast than it is on a lard bucket like DDD.

Not gonna lie, I do love sneaking up and rocket-hammering people on The King in FFAs, though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Donkey Kong's tornado up B propels him right to the top of the list of "best heavyweight characters" by a mile

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ShadeofBlue posted:

Not sure I like the announcers

"Woman against woman, battle of the sexes" "Waifu fight! Waifu fight!"

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Still think Dedede is perfect? I do. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sithdTac4Bg&hd=1

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sakurai's vision

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it's really disrespectful to the man who nearly destroyed his own hands and his health to make this game we all enjoy by saying it's his "vision" at every glitch and unbalanced part of the game.... sakurai deserves better than this.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Let's give Sakurai some credit, this was his vision:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jem5yZtX4oA&t=18s

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Fhate posted:

It's nowhere near that stacked. It is in the favor of heavies, yes, but so large that there's no fun to be had? I've won tons of FFAs as light/midweight characters. Plenty of non heavyweight characters have abilities that are excellent for KO sniping. Zelda's din's fire and teleport, Lucina/Marth's front smash/shield breaker, Samus' charged shot, Robin's Thoron, etc. Hell, anybody can kill snipe if you're decent at timing front smashes, and if you see someone vulnerable it's far easier to race across the map and get in the last hit on someone light and fast than it is on a lard bucket like DDD.

Not gonna lie, I do love sneaking up and rocket-hammering people on The King in FFAs, though.

Ike is so ridiculous in FFA or especially 8 player smash that it's disgusting.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

F. Lobot posted:

Let's give Sakurai some credit, this was his vision:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jem5yZtX4oA&t=18s
Since I don't read Japanese, does anybody know what the hell is going on? What is that Mii doing to hit every opponent at once like that?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Hm... The New 3DS C-Stick works in Smash 3DS like how I thought the GC C-Stick would work in Smash Wii U (AKA like how it worked in every Smash game before Smash 3DS/Wii U).

Also, really nice to be able to enter Miiverse while Smashing in Smash 3DS now.

Also, I love how I'm able to edit my amiibos I made on the Wii U version on the 3DS version, since that's where I have all the custom moves unlocked.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Does the Smash 3DS game load faster on the New 3DS XL?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Echo Chamber posted:

Does the Smash 3DS game load faster on the New 3DS XL?

Yes. It's noticeably faster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I finally feel like I'm starting to get Ike. The only character I really hate fighting now is Lucario. Every Lucario I encounter online is super tedious to fight. Also Zero Suit Samus consistently kicks my rear end, but it's a pretty fun fight.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Folt The Bolt posted:

Hm... The New 3DS C-Stick works in Smash 3DS like how I thought the GC C-Stick would work in Smash Wii U (AKA like how it worked in every Smash game before Smash 3DS/Wii U).

Also, really nice to be able to enter Miiverse while Smashing in Smash 3DS now.

Also, I love how I'm able to edit my amiibos I made on the Wii U version on the 3DS version, since that's where I have all the custom moves unlocked.

Other than finally being able to set Tilts to the second stick, what's different about c-stick functionality in Smash 4 compared to past Smashes?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
http://imgur.com/a/TWJ93

I ain't gonna lie these are pretty good fakes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kuai posted:

Rayman looks off, but the Mewtwo render looks pretty good aside from the weird angle.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't want Rayman in smash.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A character with ghost arms not attached to his body? So they're giving Marth back his old grab range?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jivjov posted:

Other than finally being able to set Tilts to the second stick, what's different about c-stick functionality in Smash 4 compared to past Smashes?

You can charge the stick to do smash attacks. I really like Smash 3DS now on the New 3DS XL a lot.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like imagining the guys in charge of the Amiibo production being told Rayman is being added and just looking at Sakurai with the most :| face and going "absolutely not"

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I like imagining the guys in charge of the Amiibo production being told Rayman is being added and just looking at Sakurai with the most :| face and going "absolutely not"

It looks like a weird draw-over of the wii u version trophy so.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Macaluso posted:

It's actually six Amiibos.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

mabels big day posted:

I don't want Rayman in smash.

Seconded.

Also both Rayman and Mewtwo are weird-looking and hardly on-par with the other renders.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How long ago was the Rayman Legends fiasco, again?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I played Rayman 2 a ton as a kid and therefore Rayman would be cool in smash.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kuai posted:

Duck Hunt is over Ness on the CSS, pretty interesting minor detail.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Seconded.

Also both Rayman and Mewtwo are weird-looking and hardly on-par with the other renders.

Gonna go against this and say that they both look pretty much in line with everyone else. Hell they even got Rayman's weird eyebrows he has on his trophy.

Not saying this is real mind you, just it looks super good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't want Rayman in the game because I don't think card-counting autists are good role models.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Remember when Pac-Man was leaked? Look how that blessed boy turned out. That good papa. I trust them not to make a bad character.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kuai posted:

I don't really get why the last picture is there?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Little Mac posted:

there's a "shop" option on the menu that wasn't there before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Little Mac posted:

There's a Shop button at the bottom, which I don't think is currently there

• Locked thread