Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She got a sack of money. Something tells me she's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rocksicles posted:

At least until the big catastrophe that happens at the end of the next season of The Flash where she will probably die.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Rocksicles posted:

That sure helped Moira Queen!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bad Moon posted:

That sure helped Moira Queen!

Moira's alive and well on a tropical island (not to be confused with The Island), absconding after the earthquake machine incident. She was rich enough to pay to have someone made into a double Blofeld-style, and THAT Moira is the one we saw for season 2.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Bruceski posted:

Moira's alive and well on a tropical island (not to be confused with The Island), absconding after the earthquake machine incident. She was rich enough to pay to have someone made into a double Blofeld-style, and THAT Moira is the one we saw for season 2.

The wrong Moira died... :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bruceski posted:

Moira's alive and well on a tropical island (not to be confused with The Island), absconding with Tommy after the earthquake machine incident. She was rich enough to pay to have someone made into a double Blofeld-style, and THAT Moira is the one we saw for season 2.

Fixed :(

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Especially when it's been revealed that she and her child were recruited by either the League of Assassins or H.I.V.E.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Xelkelvos posted:

Especially when it's been revealed that she and her child were recruited by either the League of Assassins or H.I.V.E.

Working as a double agent inside Argus because of course.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
H.I.V.E. seems to have been lost in the mix this season. I'm wondering if they've pushed it to the next season.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I really enjoyed this week's episode more than the 2 previous ones, but the show is still doing a lot of weird character stumbles.
It's cool that Thea had that reaction to Ollie's secret but...would she really react like that?
Again, it was pretty weird how Felicity was back with the gang.

Edit: Peter Stomare is the WORST Arrow villain. I hope they never go back to the Vertigo well either, unless the Flash has a
bad guy with proper Count Vertigo powers.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I see Felicity there as supporting TEAM Arrow but detached from Oliver himself. That's why she's there despite Oliver's poor choices w/ Malcolm. So when Roy got into it with Oliver & Diggle tries to ramp it down early, Felicity says, "No. WE need this." She then proceeds to poo poo all over the idea that his way of doing things is the best way and they're more than his followers. That is just as consistent as the previous episode where she tells Oliver off after defending his principles in his absence, it's just as consistent as everything she's done and said. People get so focused on being shiipers for the character that they haven't really digested her words.

As for Thea, I really think that she came a long way from the Season 1 brat and its nice to see the writers give up on this outdated notion that somebody has to be unwilling to accept Oliver's secret. Too much poor drama is manufactured on tv shows because of the notion that a secret or an obstacle has to be a roadblock to truth and happiness and after awhile the writing becomes poor because the manufacturing of secrets and obstacles feels manufactured. Best example of this was Sons of Anarchy, which shot itself in the foot over the series' duration with this method. The best kind of drama sometimes occurs when you STRIP AWAY a secret and let the outcomes ricochet off the characters organically.

Also, Amell will never stop being so loving cool: http://ca.eonline.com/news/624598/arrow-s-stephen-amell-went-above-and-beyond-for-two-fans-grieving-the-loss-of-their-child-get-the-details

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Yannick_B posted:

I really enjoyed this week's episode more than the 2 previous ones, but the show is still doing a lot of weird character stumbles.
It's cool that Thea had that reaction to Ollie's secret but...would she really react like that?
Again, it was pretty weird how Felicity was back with the gang.

Edit: Peter Stomare is the WORST Arrow villain. I hope they never go back to the Vertigo well either, unless the Flash has a
bad guy with proper Count Vertigo powers.
It's too bad they killed off the original Count. He would have been an interesting recurring character with...character. Stormare's version was just one-dimensionally creepy and menacing for the most part.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Habibi posted:

It's too bad they killed off the original Count. He would have been an interesting recurring character with...character. Stormare's version was just one-dimensionally creepy and menacing for the most part.

No way, the original Count is the single worst thing about the show.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

BSam posted:

That's just patently untrue.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I approve this high. :okpos:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BSam posted:

He was a Joker to Ollie's Batman. He was fun.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
If there's a good reason for thinly justified resurrection via Lazarus pits, with the person who comes back being extra insane, Original Recipe Count Vertigo is definitely it.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Habibi posted:

He's really bad (and I thought the previous Count wasn't great either). I understand the dramatic shortcut of the drug "You see (and eventually defeat) your worse fear!" but man, who puts that on the street as a drug? A frightning military-made drug to fight/torture enemies, sure, but how is the Count building an empire off of that? And he was able to fight a drugged Ollie? Everyone sort of fights good in that tv show, but come on.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yannick_B posted:

He's really bad (and I thought the previous Count wasn't great either). I understand the dramatic shortcut of the drug "You see (and eventually defeat) your worse fear!" but man, who puts that on the street as a drug? A frightning military-made drug to fight/torture enemies, sure, but how is the Count building an empire off of that? And he was able to fight a drugged Ollie? Everyone sort of fights good in that tv show, but come on.

Eh, chances are he used a more potent version against Oliver and Laurel because he was aware someone would try to stop him.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

If there's a good reason for thinly justified resurrection via Lazarus pits, with the person who comes back being extra insane, Original Recipe Count Vertigo is definitely it.

I want this to happen, just for the ten minute explanation of how it happened. League assassin hooked on vertigo tosses him in, hoping he'll keep supplying him? Ra's al Ghul thought it would be good for a laugh? A Merlin attempt to troll Ollie?

Maybe all of season six's flashbacks are for the villains. We watch what Slade's been up to, how Count Vertigo Classic got his groove back, how Captain Boomerang even happened, and somethingsomething Huntress. Also, how Sara managed to come back (she's a clone, and raising clone Thea with Clone Tommy)!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BSam posted:

No way, the Huntress is the single worst thing about the show.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Marc Guggenheim confirms that Diggle is NOT John Stewart; DC has other plans for Stewart

Truly a sad day for Diggle fans everywhere. :smith:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I wonder if they actually have plans for Stewart or if it's just DC editorial being racist as usual.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
John Jonnz Diggle

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I also preferred Gabel to Stormare as Vertigo. Gabel earned my eternal loyalty by approving my high, ipso facto Gabel.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Whizbang posted:

I wonder if they actually have plans for Stewart or if it's just DC editorial being racist as usual.

Stewart is probably locked in for eventual movie Green Lantern, I dont think they'll try it on again with Hal Jordan.
Still, a CW show about Family man Diggle being a Lantern and mentoring/training a bunch of alien teen lanterns on earth would've been great.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that everyone is always too harsh on Ollie? I mean, he isn't perfect and sometimes he can be very condescending, but he's been a very good friend to all of them (ESPECIALLY Roy) and I just don't get their random bursts of anger towards him all of a sudden.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Uh, the whole "Hey what if this black guy was this other black guy" was pretty racist itself.

Captain Mog posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that everyone is always too harsh on Ollie? I mean, he isn't perfect and sometimes he can be very condescending, but he's been a very good friend to all of them (ESPECIALLY Roy) and I just don't get their random bursts of anger towards him all of a sudden.

No, Felicity is the worst but everyone's attracted to her so it's okay.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Same first names, same occupations. It'd be like if they gave Thea a biracial artist friend named Kyle Winnick.

It's too bad that it's been shot down, but it was a massive long shot in the first place. And I don't really believe that it's a case of "DC shot it down 'cuz they have plans for the character" (what, like they have plans for Ted Kord? Those plans?) as much as it was never the intent in the first place when they created the character.

More interesting is the idea that there are two current characters that will evolve into a comic book counterpart. I mean, there's barely any non-comics characters left on the show. One of two candidates is almost certainly Felicity becoming Oracle, and the other...well, the article suggests Thea as Speedy, but that's not an evolution of anything, she's flat-out been Speedy since the first episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Stewart is an architect.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Same first names, same occupations. It'd be like if they gave Thea a biracial artist friend named Kyle Winnick.

It's too bad that it's been shot down, but it was a massive long shot in the first place. And I don't really believe that it's a case of "DC shot it down 'cuz they have plans for the character" (what, like they have plans for Ted Kord? Those plans?) as much as it was never the intent in the first place when they created the character.

More interesting is the idea that there are two current characters that will evolve into a comic book counterpart. I mean, there's barely any non-comics characters left on the show. One of two candidates is almost certainly Felicity becoming Oracle, and the other...well, the article suggests Thea as Speedy, but that's not an evolution of anything, she's flat-out been Speedy since the first episode.

I think it means Thea will put on a mask/hood. And it probably means Tatsu as the other.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

That could be what he's saying, but it seems strange to make it out like some kind of revelation. It's obvious that Tatsu is Katana; this is not a spoiler in any way, because that is literally who she is in the comics and the show revels in the fact. It'd be like if they gave this interview last year and was like "Check it out guys, what if Slade Wilson........is DEATHSTROKE???"

Aphrodite posted:

John Stewart is an architect.
He's an architect and a soldier. Sometimes one is emphasized over the other. You know this, son.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think DC has plans for Ted Kord, but it would not be surprising if they wanted the mass-media Blue Beetle to be the Jamie Reyes version.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

That, I can see. And that I would have no issues with.

Gimme a Jaime Reyes TV show damnit. :saddowns:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

He's an architect and a soldier. Sometimes one is emphasized over the other. You know this, son.

Yes, and it's the architect part that's important.

John Stewart was not a soldier until the ultra boring JLU version. He's always been an architect though, and like ol' Mary Sue Kyle, it's been the driving force behind how he does things as a Lantern.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Except they've already flat out stated that Tatsu is in fact Katana and that she'll be suiting up near the end of the season.

Felicity becoming Oracle is not going to happen because they had that one episode focused on her that was immediately changed from Oracle to The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak. And frankly she doesn't need to become Oracle.

BrianWilly posted:

That, I can see. And that I would have no issues with.

Gimme a Jaime Reyes TV show damnit. :saddowns:
Jamie Reyes and Cisco Ramon (once he gets Vibe powers) Power Hour. I would fund a kickstarter for this :flashfap:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Count Vertigo in this show is basically Scarecrow and I'm fine with that. I hope Peter Stromare returns because he's good, although maybe he should start escalating things a bit more?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

:cry: omg the feels :cry:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I might be misunderstanding what Guggenheim is saying. When he says that these two mysterious characters "fall into that category," I assumed he meant that they would in fact be what people merely speculated about Diggle being, which is that they're not characters that you would expect at first glance to become DC comics characters. Everyone expects Tatsu to become Katana -- because she is literally the character Katana -- so her situation isn't like Diggle's at all.

But if he's simply talking about the fact that a character who is obviously based on a comic character is going to put on a costume like the character he or she is obviously based on, then yeah he's probably referring to Tatsu and Thea. But in that case I don't know why he would need to be coy about it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I feel like they're making the right choice with Diggle. There are a lot of interesting places they could take that character, especially if Arrow lets powers in (and there's - for example - a crossover with Flash that leads to another event ala the particle accelerator explosion), but I feel like retconning him into John Stewart isn't one of them.

That being said, I'd be all over John Stewart showing up on Arrow separate from John Diggle. That would be fantastic.

• Locked thread