Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

The Taint Reaper posted:

my hands are aching from playing so much monster hunter 4 on a tiny 3ds.

my hands were already bad from not stretching them out enough at work this week, by the end of tonight they're going to be destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

acquire tiny woman hands and all will be fine

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I just purchased The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You can have your Monster Hunter Guild Card display your guy in street fighter poses and has street fighter baclgrounds.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the pig mask has an rear end in a top hat on the back of it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

the pig mask has an rear end in a top hat on the back of it

Well yeah Link has to wear it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also my friend code is 1977-0282-7117

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Just learned sonata, that shortcut to the bean grotto is mean for anyone like me who just assumed they knew what they were doing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Odolwa fight was better on the N64, they took out all his cool animations and he's much easier. :(

There's a photo of the swamp tour guy with his son tingle in the swamp tour place now.

Fight him with the Deku mask

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Odolwa fight down, agree heavily that its better on n64

e. gonna take a break for a bit now, my thumbs need rest

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 14, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Odolwa's all like lol wtf how'd he do that

Agreed that the fight is worse if you're silly and just use the bow

edit:

I'm bad at action screenshots but this is after I dropped my nuts on him

Looper fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 14, 2015

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Looper posted:

the part I didn't like was that even if you dodged his attack when you get close you can't hit his legs with your sword.

you just watch the sword phase through his ghost legs .

I'd much rather it just have less hitstun on a leg slash so he can respond with another kick to keep you from being able to just quickspin him to death.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

the part I didn't like was that even if you dodged his attack when you get close you can't hit his legs with your sword.

you just watch the sword phase through his ghost legs .

I'd much rather it just have less hitstun on a leg slash so he can respond with another kick to keep you from being able to just quickspin him to death.

I didn't use normal Link at all and I thought it was fun, albeit definitely way easy :shrug:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yes, zelda bosses are notoriously super hard, and it is common for players to get stuck on them for months

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

jk mine showed up early today... score!

now i have to divide my time between monster hunter and mm, gah

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the camera sucks

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my bombers code is 12345, fuciking poo poo security

also i forgot how much i like the observatory music

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Looper posted:

edit:

I'm bad at action screenshots but this is after I dropped my nuts on him

Wow thats crazy. What other blurry poo poo can you do in this "HD" remaster of a n64 game?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Pewdiepie posted:

Wow thats crazy. What other blurry poo poo can you do in this "HD" remaster of a n64 game?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im a fcking retard and cant find the missing fairy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

C'mon Pewds, bro, don't be like that

double dip posted:

im a fcking retard and cant find the missing fairy

Talk to the kids

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I won't be getting this until like the 19th, but I will be getting a Skull Kid figure with it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
They changed where the bomber kids hide and also got rid of the one that grabs a chicken and uses it to fly away from you.

0/10

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

not hitting the owls with your sword is proving to be too much for my autism to handle

decided to spend the rest of the first cycle getting lullaby and some random side quest stuff, the new notebook entry poo poo is so annoying

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 14, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i heard they completely changed the save system so that the 3 day stuff pretty much doesn't matter and im surprised no one is bitching about that

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i want this game, and i want monster hunter 4. i have to wait for next payday to get monster hunter 4, but i will also get it.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

i heard they completely changed the save system so that the 3 day stuff pretty much doesn't matter and im surprised no one is bitching about that

it doesn't change the three day system at all though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i kind of want monster hunter 4 more tho because it's a new game and i know im going to play the living poo poo out of it for hundreds of hours over the course of this whole year like every other MH

majoras mask is this trip down memory lane i'll take when i have the luxury of spending 40 dollars on it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

You can save at owl statues instead of when you restart, it hasn't really made any difference to me though

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
aaaahh what the gently caress did they do to the zora swimming

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
you can't hella go and do dolphin jumps unless you're holding R, which drains your magic. this is hosed man

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Smh if you don't chug magic milk every cycle

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
lol you can only use ice arrows to freeze specific parts of the water, why would they even change that

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

aaaahh what the gently caress did they do to the zora swimming

darealkooky posted:

lol you can only use ice arrows to freeze specific parts of the water, why would they even change that

PantsBandit posted:

They changed where the bomber kids hide and also got rid of the one that grabs a chicken and uses it to fly away from you.

0/10
What the gently caress

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Heran Bago posted:

What the gently caress

also noticed that they changed the location of a few of the fairy sprites in dungeons, stuck out in woodfall how the one that's underwater under the walkway is now like in a pot or something. still gotta equip the mask instead of having a stone of truth style thing to attract/detect them too

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Aw man, why did they change the garo's mask?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the troupe leader's mask doesn't leak tears anymore. what is this

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Aw man, why did they change the garo's mask?

what did they do to it?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Huh, you don't have to constantly hold the A button while goron rolling, which is neat but takes a bit of getting used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Heavy Lobster posted:

what did they do to it?

it's completely different. it's no longer a garish looking executioner hood. it's like this purple cap with a golden beak face

• Locked thread