Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Coutinho was, as always, a magical unicorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

For those saying that Rodgers got lucky with Suarez.... How come he's not the same for Barça? Better players around him.... Maybe just maybe it's the manager eh?

Suarez got lucky with Rodgers.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

Strawman posted:

For those saying that Rodgers got lucky with Suarez.... How come he's not the same for Barça? Better players around him.... Maybe just maybe it's the manager eh?

Suarez got lucky with Rodgers.

Its true.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JorahTheExplorer posted:

anyone who supports ...Southampton is literally a glory hunter and should support a real team that dosen't buy the league (like QPR) i mean seriously even if you were born there you are still glory hunting scum worst kind of football fans honestly

I never thought I would see the day, what a glorious future we live in

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Alex_R posted:

I never thought I would see the day, what a glorious future we live in

I know right lmao, doesn't he realise Southampton were in League 1 five years ago?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pantsuit posted:

I know right lmao, doesn't he realise Southampton were in League 1 five years ago?

We were

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
football365 is fully poo poo but lol:

quote:

Since Louis van Gaal usually takes a beating for his tactics, let's give him full credit for last night. Faced with what figured to be another packed defense, he went back to one of the oldest tactics in the game: get the ball wide and keep sending it into the box.

Eventually Cambridge cracked, and the rest was easy. Sometimes it takes a modern coach to know when to play primitive football.
PeterG, Pennsylvania, USA

quote:

Barely a day goes by without Yaya Sanogo's name referenced as either a punchline or an example of a transfer 'flop'. Incredibly, Arsenal fans are probably the most culpable, but other supporters are at it too. Just yesterday, Adam, LFC commented on Chelsea's transfer activities: "They are never left with a Cleverley, Biscan or a Sanogo". Ignoring the fact that Chelsea have signed more than their fair share of duds in the past (Kezman, Torres, and Shevchenko being some of their more costly), this statement is incredibly annoying for the simple reason that Yaya Sanogo only last week turned 22.

We have become accustomed to pacey or tricky strikers bursting on to the scene as teenagers; Owen, Anelka and Rooney being excellent examples. But it's not always the way with centre forwards who are used more as battering rams. Some make an early impact (Lukaku and Benteke are examples in recent years - though both their careers have hit a mini plateau for now) but the majority take time to develop their game which is based in large part on strength.

Didier Drogba, for example (arguably the greatest battering ram the Premier League has seen) played in relative obscurity until the age of 25. Olivier Giroud, who, despite his detractors, really is 'top, top', made the transition to international relevance at an even later stage. Even Wilfried Bony, known for some time now at an international level, has only just made his big money move at the age of 26.

Yaya Sanogo is 6'3" and yet to fill out. He may never be fit enough to butter the toast of the man who laces Didier Drogba's boots. But with time on his side, who are we to know? The fact is, if he continues to work hard, he is as likely to be the next Giroud (with more pace) as he is the next Bendtner. It's far too soon to be ridiculing him.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Look at me!
Look at me!
The man in black.
The referee.

I don't care that thousands of you have collectively spent thousands of pounds to watch this game. Or travelled collectively thousands of miles to watch this game.

I'll decide who wins this game. Not the 22/highly trained proffessionals on the field who have worked collectively thousands of hours on tactics, fitness, and skill sets to play and win a sporting game.

I'll decide. I and I alone.
The man in black.

Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me!!!

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

chuggo is BACK posted:

football365 is fully poo poo but lol:

Second one seems reasonable to me

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
As in wrong thread

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman
"He reminds me very much of Cesc Fabregas," MacKinnon told BBC Radio Norfolk. "He's similar in appearance to Cesc and in his skill set.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Chillao posted:

"He reminds me very much of Cesc Fabregas," MacKinnon told BBC Radio Norfolk. "He's similar in appearance to Cesc and in his skill set.

I'd be curious to hear his perspective on Emile Hesley and Jozy Altodore.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Chillao posted:

Wrong thread

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

When was the last time Rangers put out a team that strong? 1998?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Goes without saying but wrong thread

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

and

https://vine.co/v/OUWMK3PQbIi

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 7, 2015

Draws An 8
Mar 26, 2010
gooner4life: fking arsenal fking suck now we just carnt play like we used to i hate watching us play as i know our def is awfull and know the opposition can always score on us mert is worst defender ever

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Using Piers Morgan quotes in this thread is almost too easy.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

sticksy posted:

I'd be curious to hear his perspective on Emile Hesley and Jozy Altodore.

BOth athletic

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

wrong team

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
ath madrid fans are all glory hunters
true real fans follow real madrid they are the better team and not because they win more but because they are classier

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

mackintosh posted:

wrong team

Lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Holy poo poo.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Αll england people wears women lingerie strings etc gently caress off bastard here Greece i gently caress many Girls from England hahahahaha Gays

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Wow. That should be the forum name or something.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNDon9_82U

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
CSA is off to a wild 2015!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > The Ray Parlour: Gays Gays Gays All of You Are Gays

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

2015 Willie Vass indeed

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

THE MILESTONES
Jake Bidwell is set to play the 150thgame of his professional career; it will also be his 149th Brentford appearance.
If Alan Judge is fit to return after injury he will play his 49th Brentford match while Sam Saunders could play his 197th league match.
Moses Odubajo is in line to play the 147th game of his career while Toumani Diagouraga, who made his 200th Brentford appearance at Leeds United on Saturday, is set to play his 296th Football League match

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Drogadon posted:

Αll england people wears women lingerie strings etc gently caress off bastard here Greece i gently caress many Girls from England hahahahaha Gays

tbp posted:

CSA is off to a wild 2015!

in greece, "string" means thong, thanks for reading

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

to be honest we only conceded one goal. Their second had so much wrong with it we should ignore it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Should have said Im falling for you

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010