Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Nahxela posted:

Get all the breaks, come on

Only thing I didn't break was his tail (hammer) and his horns cause you can't unless he's in rage :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a way to lock the camera vertical axis, or switch back to the old 'here are your four height options'-mode from previous MH games? Sometimes like in Expeditions I don't really need to gently caress around with camera heights and I always liked the one that was slightly above you.

Also this game is so loving good. I really didn't think I'd like the Steppes bebecause of all the red and yellow compared to the more gentle forest/mountain palette but it's really growing on me. I'm totally unspoiled on other enviroments too, can't wait.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Why the gently caress can't I zipline down the cable in the first map

Perhaps it's a zipline from the secret zone of the G-rank variety?

Pierson posted:

Is there a way to lock the camera vertical axis, or switch back to the old 'here are your four height options'-mode from previous MH games? Sometimes like in Expeditions I don't really need to gently caress around with camera heights and I always liked the one that was slightly above you.

Also this game is so loving good. I really didn't think I'd like the Steppes bebecause of all the red and yellow compared to the more gentle forest/mountain palette but it's really growing on me. I'm totally unspoiled on other enviroments too, can't wait.

No way to "lock" the axis, but you can set the camera angle default in options.

Speaking of, there's options for camera while bow, camera while climbing/moving, camera snap, etc. They added a whole page+ of options, and a lot of them are camera-related.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I am severely in need of blue mushrooms and the Wycoon is only giving me 2 per mission.

Anywhere I can buy some?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

jerichojx posted:

I am severely in need of blue mushrooms and the Wycoon is only giving me 2 per mission.

Anywhere I can buy some?

Get on your hands and knees and gather them. I swear, kids these days.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Back in my day we travelled through five areas and beat back a Fatalis for Blue Mushrooms and we were grateful.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Hunter's log, day 2:

The Great Jaggi screams as I smash its skull in with my hammer, the warm blood soaking the fur of my feline hunting assistant. He purrs in ecstasy, eagerly licking his paws. I kneel, ripping my carving knife from my sheath.

700 dinosaurs dead. I cut carefully, but catastrophe strikes as I slip momentarily. Emotional pain rips through my psyche as I accidentally tear the great King's Frill. Looks like it's going to have to be 701. I'll be damned if I move forward with mismatched armor, and Jaggi Pants are nothing without a frill to cover my eager hunter's genitals.

I trudge back to camp, to repeat this endless hunt....

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

jerichojx posted:

Anywhere I can buy some?

What do you think Leather Armor is for?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Jesus compared to the Jaggi armor the Velicidrome armour makes you look you like you turned all those Velocidromes into pies and then ate them.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Does the Seltas horn not drop when you break it? I haven't seen anything the two times I've fought it, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a carve every run.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Armor-Piercing posted:

Does the Seltas horn not drop when you break it? I haven't seen anything the two times I've fought it, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a carve every run.
I got three horns in rewards once, but no, it doesn't drop like a tail does.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Armor-Piercing posted:

I think only tails drop. I haven't played 4U yet, though.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Pierson posted:

Options page 3, second setting, "Target cam behavior, " set it to type 2. Now the target cam won't gently caress with your vertical setting and that will only change when you manually gently caress with it.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I exchanged some monster parts for Quropeco parts but the armor smith refuses to offer to craft Quropeco armor. What gives?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Is there a gathering spot somewhere that will always(or mostly) give speed+thunder essence like the one in the steppes that gives power+fire?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's killing me that Nerscylla's (LR) armor is so cool because that thing is a garbage monster. No fun at all to fight. It's basically Ceanataur's replacement. Those moves looked mighty familiar. If I farm that thing, it's absolutely not gonna be with a Hammer. Fucker moves way too quick.

Speaking of farming, what's the best wiki to look up what monster breakable bits are? Haven't thought too hard about it outside of smashing Tetsu's tusks and snapping off Nursezilla's spinnerets.

E: Jesus, Gore's doing some FF9 Bahamut poo poo in this cutscene. :stare:

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 14, 2015

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Lame Devil posted:

I exchanged some monster parts for Quropeco parts but the armor smith refuses to offer to craft Quropeco armor. What gives?

You need like half the materials to craft something before it shows up.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I played a ton of Tri/3u, and am currently at the first required capture quest. I kinda like how they don't give you the autoblock charm as early this time- that thing really spoils us lance players. I've yet to fail a mission, but the Tetsucabra almost roflstomped me since I went in with a 3 defense leather set and all of its attacks drained over half my health. I was about to quit due to a sub mission, but my cat killed the thing immediately after I broke its jaw.

I have a few questions, though-

1) Is there anywhere that has a good overview of the kinsect evolution paths and staff recipes yet? I want to try the slashing kinsect but I can't make them yet. I love how it plays, I just don't know what kind of options it will have later.

2) Which monster has armor that gives the 'hey this dude is weak enough to trap yo' skill?

3) Is there a particular way to find Goons to play with aside from this thread?

4) I'm a bit worried about the everwood, but I can infinitely gain new quests for it so, right? I got so tired of that 'quest outleveled you' poo poo in Patapon 1/2.

5) How do I get more cats?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Potsticker posted:

It's too bad we lost Volvidon and Royal Ludroth. And though Hermitaur came back, apparently Ceanataur didn't.

you can trade for all of those guys parts.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Godamnit Seltas just let me break your loving horn :argh:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yian KutKu sounds like a vacuum cleaner

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Actually, come to think of it, how do I enter online mode anyway? I can't seem to even find that option. :psyduck: Do I have to reach a certain point in the game?

Edit: Nevermind, I already found it. It's on the world map.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 14, 2015

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Is there a quest for hunting bugs in this game? It's always hit or miss whether they include one or not for easy materials/monster fluid farming (although I'm super thankful that those new rollie pollie monsters drop fluids and don't explode upon death).

Yeah, I know I can poison them to death, but I'd also like to get some materials sooner than I can make a poison sns.

tubz
Apr 28, 2006
Here for the chicks!
There's a guild quest called Bnahabra Bloodbath that might be what you're looking for.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

tubz posted:

There's a guild quest called Bnahabra Bloodbath that might be what you're looking for.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Dunno why I thought it'd be later down the line. Thanks.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Nerscyllla gives capture guru which allows you to see when to cap.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Question from a complete and total newbie: I've heard you probably want to equip whole armor sets instead of one piece at a time so you don't lose bonuses or whatever. Is there a way to see these bonuses or...?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Color Printer posted:

Question from a complete and total newbie: I've heard you probably want to equip whole armor sets instead of one piece at a time so you don't lose bonuses or whatever. Is there a way to see these bonuses or...?

Hit start, go to status and it will be the third page for any positive or negative skills. And you can push y while scrolling through the list of whats the various skills you have on do.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like I'm not getting something about expeditions. They generally only seem to be a few zones long, and half the time I don't even see any of the monster predicted to be there. The Kut-Kus you find are also weirdly tough, I swear one of them I fought had more HP than a Najarala from the same expedition. Is there anything you're supposed to do when it says "so and so monster looks like it's going to flee" other than hurry up and kill it? Is the idea more to get shinies than actually kill stuff?

Sonel posted:

Hit start, go to status and it will be the third page for any positive or negative skills. And you can push y while scrolling through the list of whats the various skills you have on do.

A little further info: no skills actually do anything until they hit +/-10. Some have further breakpoints at 15 or 20. So you'll probably need a full armor set to activate skills until you start using decorations. Since a lot of full armor sets also give negative effects, you can use one decoration to bring it from -10 to -9, deactivating it.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

jerichojx posted:

Nerscyllla gives capture guru which allows you to see when to cap.

It also gives Trap Master which enables faster set up of Traps and Bombs and improves Trap combination rate as well as Negate Sleep, you'll want to use a jewel to negate Raise Hunger though.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

If it helps, I was able to do it with the base dual swords you get at the start. Try to mount him and knock him down, he stays down for ages and you can hit R and use your infinite combo on the horn for quite a while.

Also, did they buff the HP on Jaggi's frill? I beat him with Hammer, got a KO in, but the frill didn't break. I was able to get it with Gunlance.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I one-shot broke his horn with a wyvernfire after mounting him shortly after the fight started.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pro strats for Seltas horn breaking:

Step 1) Choose the Insect Glaive.
Step 2) Jump
Step 3) Smash the gently caress out of Seltas' horn.
Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3.

Jumping and getting the horn break while he's in the air sends him crashing to the ground. It's very satisfying. And even if you don't break the horn, chances are you'll mount him and put him on the ground where you'll get free shots at the horn anyway. Just remember to get the red juice from his head before you unload.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
Stabbing him while mounted also breaks the horn - two mounts is enough.

This goes for most monsters with breakable backs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ChibiSoma posted:

Just remember to get the red juice from his head before you unload.
always have red or be trying to get red

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, Velocidrome just pushed my loving face in in about two minutes. Guess I actually have to upgrade my armor from the starter set now. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Prostrat for breaking Seltas horn: Shoot him out of the air like a big ol' clay pigeon with a HBG then unload on his stupid horn. :getin:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

you can trade for all of those guys parts.

Right, but we're not getting the fun fights. Also Qurupeco. Seltas was an okay fight, but this hook-handed gonzo was boring.

So far the Switchaxe nerfs seem pretty unnoticible. It still tears through monsters just fine. Any worries about it underperforming are completely gone.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wow, Velocidrome just pushed my loving face in in about two minutes. Guess I actually have to upgrade my armor from the starter set now. :v:

Yeah, I was playing with goons and he was ruining my poo poo too, though now I wear him as my armour and it's all k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Burton Windu
Oct 4, 2004
It's all in the Jedi Reflexes...

pnumoman posted:

What do you think Leather Armor is for?

Forgetting you have it equipped and fighting your first Kut-Ku in years, if you are anything like me.(I won, but barely)

• Locked thread