Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

quote:

[14:00] voyager Wave 3, Cyclonus and Hot Spot. Cyclonus in combined mode has Galvatron's head.

Leader class Magnus shown. Leader Wave 3 release, IDW look.

[14:01] MINIMUS AMBUS comes with Leader Ultra Magnus. Is in the chest. Can transform on his own, into a car.

Oh God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh poo poo, Minimus Ambus! That's awesome!

Is this toyfair thing going to show up on video at some point or just photos?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

[14:02] Hyping Devastator now. Showing some G1 clips.

[14:03] New Devastator is big. Like, Scrapper on his own bigger than original G1 Devastator big.

[14:04] All six Constructicons present. Hook, Long Haul, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Mixmaster, Scrapper. Limb connectors are their individual guns.
:stare:

quote:

[14:03] New Devastator is big. Like, Scrapper on his own bigger than original G1 Devastator big.
:catstare:

Using the guns as combiner parts is a pretty great idea.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think that's it for now.

Oh also First Aid is a Jeep. Geez I wonder what could that be retooled into.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Oh also First Aid is a Jeep. Geez I wonder what could that be retooled into.
Taint Reaper tells me he thinks a sea-con!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

The moon is a waning crescent today! 2016 must be the Year of Pretenders.

e: Holy poo poo, Minimus Ambus. This world is insane.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Minumus Ambus! Minumus Ambus! Minumus Ambus! Minumus Ambus! Minumus Ambus! Minumus Ambus!

I am happy and feel poorer already.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

pictures pictures pictures

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
WE HAVE KNEES

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
That Ultra Magnus is goddamn perfection. Everything I wanted and I am surprised at how decent Cyclonus looks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cyclonus looks better than I expected. Ultra Magnus looks loving incredible. Devastator looks amazing too, and there's way more paint apps than in that initial promotional image(or stickers, maybe).

Defensor looks like shiiiiiiiiiiiit. Like a big fat baby.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

IT EVEN HAS THE HAMMER

Captain Invictus posted:

Defensor looks like shiiiiiiiiiiiit. Like a big fat baby.

So, like Defensor :v:

e: lol

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Magnus looks pretty good in those shots. Those constructicons have a lot of hollow bits, it seems.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I wasn't very into the RiD toys so far, but this minicon disc stuff is starting to sell me on them.

Everything else looks amazing. Holy poo poo, we're in a golden age.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I can almost taste the Onslaught retool with Hotspot.

*licks screen*

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Magnus are probably too big and expensive for me, but look amazing. I love Cyclonus, are there any pictures of him in his Galvatron/Torso mode?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Does Hook have elbows? I don't think he has elbows...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

Does Hook have elbows? I don't think he has elbows...

They all do, Hook's hinges are just under the wheels, on the front.

I'm gigglin' at the casual, relaxed pose they put Devastator in. He's there like, yeah, not in the mood for Devastating today. Might shoot some Autobots, might not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So glad I didn't get MP Magnus.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Defensor just looks like Defensor, really. Solid translation to CW style.

Nice to see Hasbro hitting home runs this year.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Holy poo poo you guys Ultra Magnus I can't deal with this now!

So glad I didn't get City Commander!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Powerglide's repaint seems to be straight up a COBRA plane right down to the insignia. (Sorry, I don't know my G.I. Joe lore).

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Cyclonus been hitting the gym. The brother looking swole these days. :drat:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Powerglide's repaint seems to be straight up a COBRA plane right down to the insignia. (Sorry, I don't know my G.I. Joe lore).

Also his name is Viper.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Hasbro continuing their trend of making me buy one figure a year.

God drat that Magnus is beautiful.

Its gon look swish beside Springer and Brainstorm

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Defensor just looks like Defensor, really.
Yeah, he's got some nice IDW touches, good looking individual bots and then they confirm to form a dopey babby boy. Classic Defensor.

Really liking the look of Rook. Groove is so weird too. He appears to flatten out symmetrically? That isn't what I expected at all.

I think this is the best set of reveals Hasbro has pulled off in ages.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Hey that is an amphibious vehicle!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

WE HAVE KNEES

Look at their elbows and shoulders. Specifically Hook's. Mixmaster's don't look to great either. And what is up with Long Haul's baby arms?

Scavenger, Bonecrusher and Scrapper all look pretty good, though.

Still, it's not like they won't spend most of their time as Devastator at my house. Devastator looks good.

Ultra Magnus looks pretty good I guess. If that can can transfer into a mini white Prime that Minimus can fit into, I'm sold for sure. Otherwise... mayyyyyybe.

I'm not seeing any of Defensor there?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 14, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm not really sold on how Defensor uses Groove as a chestpiece, I hope he's got a gun mode or something because that kinda does look like rear end.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Look at their elbows and shoulders. Specifically Hook's. Mixmaster's don't look to great either. And what is up with Long Haul's baby arms?

G1 toy accuracy?

quote:

Ultra Magnus looks pretty good I guess. If that can can transfer into a mini white Prime that Minimus can fit into, I'm sold for sure. Otherwise... mayyyyyybe.

No way. That cab clearly doesn't turn into anything except a torso. Unless this is straight up the most awesome figure Hasbro has produced in the modern era.

quote:

I'm not seeing any of Defensor there?

Not a fan of the weird wasp waist on Defensor but I'm willing to bet something's mistransformed there.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 14, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Okay I feel dumb. Who is Minimus Animus or whatever

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Streetwise is a very elaborate retool of Breakdown it seems, as is First Aid from Wildrider.

From a distance though, Voyager Cyclonus could be mistaken for Kickback if he was painted black and yellow.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

First Aid is from Offroad (and will undoubtedly be Swindle later). Wildrider is presumably a remold of Dead End or Breakdown.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Read MTMTE.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Daedalus Prime. Proteus Core. Deathadder Chroma. Gaming mice sound more like Transformers than the actual mouse Transformer that I have. His name is Rattrap, he's from Brooklyn and his turnons are bombs and sneaking.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

IDW comic book thing from MTMTE around like issue 17-22 or so. Basically he's Magnus, Roberts take on the "white prime within" was to go a bit deeper.

The Taint Reaper posted:

From a distance though, Voyager Cyclonus could be mistaken for Kickback if he was painted black and yellow.
Yeah and if you stand back, take off your glasses and go off your meds Defensor looks an awful lot like Metalhawk!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah and if you stand back, take off your glasses and go off your meds Defensor looks an awful lot like Metalhawk!

He's got those freaking V wings sticking out of his back just like Kickback.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Keldroc posted:

First Aid is from Offroad (and will undoubtedly be Swindle later). Wildrider is presumably a remold of Dead End or Breakdown.

Read MTMTE.

GOOOOOOOSH FIIIIIIIIINE

Guys, Cyclonus looks SO beefy but he looks badass as hell. Good god. He's not just a simple repaint, he looks like they retooled quite a bit.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

wowzers

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
How big is Magnus in vehicle mode? Are there any size comparisons because he better be able to hold at least 4 deluxes just like the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So what Combaticon is getting the boot? I'm guessing Blast Off since he never belonged in team military vehicles, but...