Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

Heh. I conflated his Facebook posts and Tweets with those of Aaron Schock's staffer who also had to resign this week.

Though it turns out that the Bush guy also published some stuff in college about how black people needed to "pull up their baggy pants", etc.
He basically said "MLK was one of the good ones". The idea of defending the guy based on a "culture of outrage" is so ridiculous. I can't with the Justine Sacca book tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Please enjoy a tea party poll where you get to pick who you would vote for if the election were today. From the comments I get the impression Sarah Palin is the favorite.

http://washingtonisbroke.com/content/If-the-presidential-election-were-today-who-would-you-vote-for

Jeb Bush trying to be the tech-savy candidate has very high entertainment value.

Vermin Supreme 2016!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Voted Cruz.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SedanChair posted:

Voted Cruz.

Preview to 2016 general right here

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I voted for the Cruzdämmerung.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Vermin Supreme 2016!

Think we'll get another video this year of Vermin getting assaulted in a parking garage by other candidates security after a debate?

edit: It was Rick Santorum in the parking lot at a bar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdhi-p6_dM

bradburypancakes fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 13, 2015

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
Vote early, vote often.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

All of the stuff is what you'd expect a college Republican to think is OK to write. In the past, they'd pen an op-ed for the college paper that would go through a sanity check from an editor who'd tell them to tone it down a bit. Now they just blast it out on social media. We're going to see a lot more of this as kids who were in college during the explosion of social media start getting high-level campaign jobs.

Well yeah obviously, but I'd expect Jeb's people to be a little more on top of things and cast a wider net. Though I'm guessing they probably will now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'd expect Romney would have the money and experience to run (or at least hire someone who could run) a competent campaign too but here we are

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

De Nomolos posted:

Everyone please vote for Herman Cain in this so we can start a groundswell that gets the Cain Train back out of storage.

I checked that poll while I was at work this afternoon. Saw all the votes for Herman Cain and first thing I thought, "fuckin goons." :cool:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

I checked that poll while I was at work this afternoon. Saw all the votes for Herman Cain and first thing I thought, "fuckin goons." :cool:

Sitting at 22% now lol

I CHOOSE YOU!

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/64242-that-bachelors-degree-rand-paul-said-he-had-it-doesnt-exist

Rand Paul never graduated from college!!! He holds no bachelors degrees.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I guess Duke didn't require a bachelor's at the time but that's pretty uncommon isn't it? And if an MD has, well, the MD, especially from Duke, I wonder how much it matters.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

SedanChair posted:

I guess Duke didn't require a bachelor's at the time but that's pretty uncommon isn't it? And if an MD has, well, the MD, especially from Duke, I wonder how much it matters.

there are a few medical schools that don't require an undergraduate degree, just the completion of whatever their undergrad prerequisites are. If I had a duke acceptance when I was still a year or whatever from finishing a degree I probably wouldn't have bothered to graduate either.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The sticking point is that he's claiming to have degrees that he doesn't have. Regardless of what other degrees he does have.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The sticking point is that he's claiming to have degrees that he doesn't have. Regardless of what other degrees he does have.

Right, probably should have added that I wouldn't have lied about it on national media either. How loving hard is it to say "i studied X in college" (true) vs "I have a degree in x" (idiot)

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Rand Paul is an idiot and doesn't have an ounce of integrity, that's why

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Since he does have a medical degree it's going to be an issue that amounts to nothing though. If he had no postgraduate degree it would probably become a thing, but as it is it's at best going to be relegated to weird trivia. Like Presidential left handedness.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Nah, I understand. It's just an extra entry in the "poo poo Rand Paul has done that sucks" ledger.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

That stupid poll now has 43% votes for Herman Cain. Excellent work, everybody.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
47% Yer welcome

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

mooyashi posted:

47% Yer welcome

Beautiful. :golfclap:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Its too bad though, I remember some slutty costumes at my college's Halloween. I definitely understood where he was getting the joke from. Alas, the "wonders" of social media.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

andrew smash posted:

there are a few medical schools that don't require an undergraduate degree, just the completion of whatever their undergrad prerequisites are. If I had a duke acceptance when I was still a year or whatever from finishing a degree I probably wouldn't have bothered to graduate either.
The thing is, you're usually competing against hordes of applicants who have just as good MCAT scores, GPAs, extracurriculars and undergraduate degrees. Without something else, like being a legacy admission because your daddy is an alumnus and a Congressman, you probably wouldn't get an acceptance.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Err, Rand Paul has plenty of actual things that you can call him on, this really doesn't seem to be one of them.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Lockback posted:

Err, Rand Paul has plenty of actual things that you can call him on, this really doesn't seem to be one of them.
Yeah, but Rand Paul opposes Affirmative Action, presumably because he believes in merit based admissions. Except when he benefits from non-merit consideration, of course.

The only moral non-merit considerations are my non-merit considerations.

Acrophyte
Sep 5, 2012

Respect me like Pesci
and if rap was hockey
I be Gretzky

Joementum posted:

All of the stuff is what you'd expect a college Republican to think is OK to write. In the past, they'd pen an op-ed for the college paper that would go through a sanity check from an editor who'd tell them to tone it down a bit. Now they just blast it out on social media. We're going to see a lot more of this as kids who were in college during the explosion of social media start getting high-level campaign jobs.

Good. :unsmigghh:

e: Also,

Axolotl posted:

Yeah, but Rand Paul opposes Affirmative Action, presumably because he believes in merit based admissions. Except when he benefits from non-merit consideration, of course.

The only moral non-merit considerations are my non-merit considerations.

Ding. Ding. Ding. The thing to remember about Paul isn't that his positions are batshit (they are), or that he constantly makes poo poo up (though he does), but that he is foremost a coward. Dude never met an issue that he wouldn't equivocate upon* even if it meant being a massive hypocrite or moral idiot.

*Or, ya know, literally
run away from
:v:

Acrophyte fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 14, 2015

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Acrophyte posted:

Good. :unsmigghh:

e: Also,

Ding. Ding. Ding. The thing to remember about Paul isn't that his positions are batshit (they are), or that he constantly makes poo poo up (though he does), but that he is foremost a coward. Dude never met an issue that he wouldn't equivocate upon* even if it meant being a massive hypocrite or moral idiot.

*Or, ya know, literally
run away from
:v:

It's almost as if libertarianism is an ideology appeals to selfish idiots and in order for them to actually succeed they have to be hypocrites.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jeb Bush trying to be the tech-savy candidate has very high entertainment value.
Jeb doing a tech-based "roll the dice, pick a wimmin" move like McCain did, for the Jeb-Carly ticket will be incredible.

Carly has also put a lot thought into a new image and fetching bobbed hair so she'll draw the remnants of the "Sarah Palin is Hawt!" crowd that had no problem votin' for a 'looker' so long as she was McCain's looker.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You know, I wouldn't be mad if Bush picked Cheney's lesbian daughter for his veep slot. I'm pretty sure the wingnuts would even rally behind a Bush/Cheney '16 campaign, no matter if the Cheney has a case of the queer and a vagina.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Hillary Clinton gag Pinterest account.

https://www.pinterest.com/hillaryrclinton/

Three guesses who linked to this on twitter.

Another edit just in case a staffer deletes the tweet.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 14, 2015

Suckthemonkey
Jun 18, 2003

Lockback posted:

Repeatedly lying about educational accomplishments?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Boy the anti-Hillary talking points are in full swing this week, between stuff on FOX and the RNC stuff. Not sure why now though, since she hasn't teased announcing anything yet.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

Boy the anti-Hillary talking points are in full swing this week, between stuff on FOX and the RNC stuff. Not sure why now though, since she hasn't teased announcing anything yet.

Do you imagine there is time to waste in attacking her?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I don't know why everyone isn't respecting the meaningless distinction of if Hillary has officially announced she is running or not.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Hillary Clinton gag Pinterest account.

https://www.pinterest.com/hillaryrclinton/

Three guesses who linked to this on twitter.

Another edit just in case a staffer deletes the tweet.

Posing for pictures with Bill Clinton!? What a gaffe by Hillary! Surely this revelation of her relationship with the former President will scare people away.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm just saying that the timing is weird, since it really went into overdrive this week with comparing her comments about a trip to Bosnia a decade ago which she apologized for to the Brian Williams thing.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm just saying that the timing is weird, since it really went into overdrive this week with comparing her comments about a trip to Bosnia a decade ago which she apologized for to the Brian Williams thing.

That was probably more just an attack of opportunity. It would seem weird to bring it up without context, but Brian Williams creates a great chance to remind people about it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jesus christ that banner quote

• Locked thread