Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

oneof27 posted:

I don't know if this is a mod issue or I am just bad at this game. I am trying the infiltration quest in Old World Blues and no matter what I do I get spotted straight away as soon as I try anything.

Just in case it's not a mod issue: run around the course destroying all the robots beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Mod Organizer. People say it doesn't work well with NV because it can't handle its fomods, but all you have to do is change their extension to .7z and they work fine. I've certainly never had any problems with it. :shrug:

MO could handle fomods just fine, it was that older versions of the fomod handler could not see what you had installed which screwed some mod installer. The latest version fixed this and now everything works just fine.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

oneof27 posted:

I don't know if this is a mod issue or I am just bad at this game. I am trying the infiltration quest in Old World Blues and no matter what I do I get spotted straight away as soon as I try anything.

I had the same problem. Either FOOK or Project Nevada overhauls stealth, so you need to switch to vanilla settings to pass that segment. Iirc even with 90ish stealth and a stealth boy you'll still get spotted.

Anyway it's better to just

2house2fly posted:

run around the course destroying all the robots beforehand.
except for that one time when you need to deactivate the robots from behind I think.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I just had to tweak some settings in Project Nevada,sneak, walk, an use a stealth boy. I guess I'm not a stealth player.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
By the way if you wear the stealth suit and destroy all the robots in the stealth course the suit tells you off. Old World Blues :allears:

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
I'm trying out Darnified UI but because I'm playing on 1920x1080, all the HUD elements are tiny and barely readable. Is there any way of fixing this?

edit: Oh hey DUINVSettings.xml has a HUD scale setting, upping that seems to have worked.

Ready! Set! Blow! fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 14, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

I'm trying out Darnified UI but because I'm playing on 1920x1080, all the HUD elements are tiny and barely readable. Is there any way of fixing this?

I'm not sure how to fix this, but I can tell you I don't have this problem. You must have done something weird when you were installing it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Chris Christie posted:

OKAY. I want to try and install a Tale of Two Wastelands.

I went into my New Vegas instance of Mod Manager and deleted some mods that were listed as incompatible with TTW.

I'm currently installing TTW.

I'm a little confused about how I use Fallout 3 Mods - will TTW pick up any mods I had installed for FO3 in my F03 instance of Mod Manager, or do I now install all Fallout 3 mods through the Fallout New Vegas instance of Mod Manager, and only Fallout 3 mods that have been converted???

Also, if the answer is the latter, how hard is it to convert Fallout 3 mods? Specifically ones that add NPCs to the Capital Wasteland. I was using NPCs Travel, Wasteland Travellers, Crowded Cities, and Brotherhood Patrols.

EDIT: Welp, so much for that. An error occurs when trying to install TTW in Mod Organizer, and I really don't want to re-do everything from scratch in another Mod Organizing program. Oh well.

I just reinstalled TTW because I noticed a couple of new versions came out since I did it before, here's how I did it.

Download and extract the ttw archive somewhere, doesn't matter where.
Run the installer, point it at your fallout 3 and new vegas installions, and have it install to C:/TTW.
When prompted, have it create fomods, put these wherever you keep your downloaded mods, I use the NMM folder.
In MO, click the 'install new mod from archive' button in the top left, and select the Main Files fomod.
Here, it will look like the installer is hanging, it just takes a long-rear end time to add a fomod this size, so just wait until it completes.
Now add the Optional Files fomod, it might not show the descriptions for what each option does, but there are readmes in wherever you extracted the archive initially, taleoftwowastelands2.7.3\TTW Installer\resources\TTW Data\TTW Files\Optional Files.
Done! Depending on which options you want installed, you may have to download the hotfix esps from the TTW site and use those instead of installing them from the fomod.

If you're getting any other errors let me know and we'll see what we can figure out.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 14, 2015

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

This really should be in the OP or something. Badness happens when you mod at night.

I have not converted, rigged, or set up a Millenia weapon sober or during the day... probably ever. For the most part, they've turned out okay I think :shrug:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Has mod organizer added support for .fomod scripts? because if not, gently caress mod organizer. FOMM works fine.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Anyone else wanna post the mods they always install or consider essential? How about some good mods that add a decent amount of new weapons or armor? Even cosmetic poo poo? Are there any mods that add cool equipment that isn't necessarily armor to the leveled lists?

Also I heard someone talking about a mod that drops dlc weapons universally? Can you select per dlc or do you have to have them all? Never bought dead money, always sounded annoying as poo poo

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Anyone else wanna post the mods they always install or consider essential? How about some good mods that add a decent amount of new weapons or armor? Even cosmetic poo poo? Are there any mods that add cool equipment that isn't necessarily armor to the leveled lists?

Also I heard someone talking about a mod that drops dlc weapons universally? Can you select per dlc or do you have to have them all? Never bought dead money, always sounded annoying as poo poo

Probably nobody's answering you because most of those questions can be answered with the OP.

As far as the DLC weapon integration is concerned, there are a handful of mods that do this, and one of the (more) popular mods, "GRA - A Right To Bear Arms" (which is in the OP) requires all of the DLC in order to function. You can't have, like, 2 or 3 of the DLC and still get it to work--the mod relies on all of them as masters. I believe that most of the other mods have the same requirements as well, unfortunately.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 15, 2015

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
NVSR is giving me crashes, but does a great job of eliminating stutter. Without it my game never crashes. List of stuff I'm using which I think might be related: 4GB NVSE loader, NVAC, ENBSeries, various large texture replacers.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? This is my first time using NVSR.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Large enough textures can still wreck you (because 4GB addressable memory is still finite addressable memory) and ENB is basically wild black magic.

I don't know if New Vegas is stable enough to go an entire 100-someodd-hour everything playthrough with NVSE/NVAC/NVSR without crashing, but it's got a better shot than that.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 15, 2015

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Hmmm it's bugging me, though, because I can play for an entire day without restarting the game with no crashes (even leave it open in the background overnight or while I'm at work and then keep on playing) without NVSR. If I turn NVSR on then I will get about 2-3 hours and then crash.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sir Unimaginative posted:

ENB is basically wild black magic.

Isn't it time for a new thread title?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can you select per dlc or do you have to have them all? Never bought dead money, always sounded annoying as poo poo

But... Dead Money is the best FNV DLC. :geno:

(And yeah, it's pretty rare now for people to put out anything that only requires one/some of the DLC; it's usually all or nothing.)

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Large enough textures can still wreck you (because 4GB addressable memory is still finite addressable memory) and ENB is basically wild black magic.

I don't know if New Vegas is stable enough to go an entire 100-someodd-hour everything playthrough with NVSE/NVAC/NVSR without crashing, but it's got a better shot than that.

Seashell Salesman posted:

Hmmm it's bugging me, though, because I can play for an entire day without restarting the game with no crashes (even leave it open in the background overnight or while I'm at work and then keep on playing) without NVSR. If I turn NVSR on then I will get about 2-3 hours and then crash.

My last (heavily-modded, as always) playthrough was approaching a hundred hours, and the game didn't crash once. NVAC is amazing. Admittedly I've never used a stutter remover though.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

My last game crashed like once an hour. I didn't mind because it's quick enough to load up again, but next time I play I might get rid of the stutter remover and see how stable it is.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Playing through yet again with many mods, but I'm missing a mod that I'm hoping somebody has made (and I'm unable to find).

Is there a mod where after giving caps to a vendor, you can kill the vendor and get the caps you spent back? Sorta a cheat, but I think it would be fun.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

Playing through yet again with many mods, but I'm missing a mod that I'm hoping somebody has made (and I'm unable to find).

Is there a mod where after giving caps to a vendor, you can kill the vendor and get the caps you spent back? Sorta a cheat, but I think it would be fun.

I don't think so. The way vendors work in Gamebryo games is that their inventory sits in a hidden chest in the world, usually outside the boundaries, and that's where stuff you buy and sell goes to including your money. I think they do it this way specifically to prevent people from doing easy mode vendor killing for easier crafting/selling elsewhere/money grabbing.

That being said, there could be a mod that changes that whole system but I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Naky posted:

I don't think so. The way vendors work in Gamebryo games is that their inventory sits in a hidden chest in the world, usually outside the boundaries, and that's where stuff you buy and sell goes to including your money. I think they do it this way specifically to prevent people from doing easy mode vendor killing for easier crafting/selling elsewhere/money grabbing.

That being said, there could be a mod that changes that whole system but I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Was so much better in morrowind where you could show up to a town, murder a shopkeeper, steal everything he owns and then live in his house

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bob NewSCART posted:

Was so much better in morrowind where you could show up to a town, murder a shopkeeper, steal everything he owns and then live in his house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxJbaseEs48

I loved that mod in Fallout 3, does exactly what you describe.

However, we are missing a version of this for New Vegas (unless I wasn't able to find it).

If someone can get me a working link to the F3 version (link in comments seems to be down) I'll make an attempt at a New Vegas version.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Is there a way to disable weapon degradation for companions? I'm rather annoyed that Star Paladin Cross not only broke the Tesla Beaton Prototype but threw it away.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
So on my current playthrough I'm using EVE - and it seems to have really screwed up some of the iron sights on a few guns (Hyper-breeder alpha for example). Is this normal? Is there anything I can do about it?

example:

And in iron sights:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

If it's the same problem EVE caused for me (tri-beam would take up the entire screen) try going to Gameplay settings and turning on True Iron Sights.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there a way to disable weapon degradation for companions? I'm rather annoyed that Star Paladin Cross not only broke the Tesla Beaton Prototype but threw it away.
No. But you can fix that annoyance by having a script run in the background that checks your companions' weapons and repairs it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

2house2fly posted:

If it's the same problem EVE caused for me (tri-beam would take up the entire screen) try going to Gameplay settings and turning on True Iron Sights.

nah, already have true iron sights on, and I'm aware of the patch for that issue - seems to be an issue with all the energy weapons - when you go into iron sights the gun is held slightly to the left of where it should be (and where the projectile fires from)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Trying out FCO and getting purple hands on my character. Any way to fix that?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Trying out FCO and getting purple hands on my character. Any way to fix that?

uninstall fco

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I wish there were a mod to make the Legion/NCR assassins more like the Cowled Wizard enforcers in BGII- each time they show up in greater force until sort of a final boss battle, and then they give up. Having one lame-rear end hit squad show up every day is boring, annoying, and kind of the worst of both worlds. It becomes a chore.

If you add up the number of 'elite' assassins that get sent after you during a normal game, that would have been enough troops to overrun New Vegas proper, the dam, the fort, or even McCarran if they hadn't thrown them away harassing some random rear end in a top hat all piecemeal.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 16, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Seashell Salesman posted:

I wish there were a mod to make the Legion/NCR assassins more like the Cowled Wizard enforcers in BGII- each time they show up in greater force until sort of a final boss battle, and then they give up. Having one lame-rear end hit squad show up every day is boring, annoying, and kind of the worst of both worlds. It becomes a chore.

If you add up the number of 'elite' assassins that get sent after you during a normal game, that would have been enough troops to overrun New Vegas proper, the dam, the fort, or even McCarran if they hadn't thrown them away harassing some random rear end in a top hat all piecemeal.

This is actually a really cool idea and completely within the reach of a mod. I am sort of surprised I haven't found one yet, now that I think about it.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The Wattz Laser Rifle (Project Nevada weapon) doesn't seem to have a proper iron sights animation, it tilts up and to the side, giving you a view of the back of the receiver and little else.

(full disclosure: I'm using WAR but I've never noticed animation issues with any other weapon)

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

The Wattz Laser Rifle (Project Nevada weapon) doesn't seem to have a proper iron sights animation, it tilts up and to the side, giving you a view of the back of the receiver and little else.

(full disclosure: I'm using WAR but I've never noticed animation issues with any other weapon)

WAR, from what I remember, breaks basically every laser weapon if you change the first person animations. shooting just blocks the center of your screen with them.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I've got a pretty basic question. It's been years since I messed with mods and this poo poo is driving me crazy. I don't want anything that will screw with game balance, I just want to not have to look at these startlingly ugly faces all the time. So, based on the recommendation of the OP I downloaded Fallout Character Overhaul. Now when I load up a game, Doc Mitchell's head is replaced by a giant exclamation point. I'm sure I'm missing some very basic thing that would make this work, like the textures aren't in the right folder or something. But I'm not seeing a good detailed installation instruction anywhere.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

hoo okay so Weapon Animation Replacers is not playing nice with the enhanced camera mod, specifically with pistols. Also I just realized that my character in 3rd person doesn't bring any weapon up to aim when I hold the right mouse button (both before and after replacing animations), I wonder what's doing that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's doing that by itself because it's a bad mod. After the 50th time my arm hovered in the top corner of the screen or flew from the left side over to its normal position or randomly turned invisible, I uninstalled it and did not look back.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

CJacobs posted:

It's doing that by itself because it's a bad mod. After the 50th time my arm hovered in the top corner of the screen or flew from the left side over to its normal position or randomly turned invisible, I uninstalled it and did not look back.

EVE or WAR?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
WAR, I've had nothing but problems with it, ever. It's probably less to do with the mod itself being badly coded and more to do with Gamebryo hating its guts in practice, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CJacobs posted:

WAR, I've had nothing but problems with it, ever. It's probably less to do with the mod itself being badly coded and more to do with Gamebryo hating its guts in practice, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

just replacing the third person animations while not touching the first gets rid of all those weird issues. thats what i usually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

experimenting further it looks like it's WAR having problems with EVE, not with the enhanced camera mod - only affects energy weapons, and not custom stuff that EVE doesn't touch. Bummer but I'd rather lose EVE as it's already loving with my sights anyway