Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
what is the mentality of your team after having a bad early game?

and your mentality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Scarra smiling super-awkwardly at the edge of the frame owns.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

Gifs to be made from this game:
1. Fight on a bush ward
2. Sion taking 3 turret shots on his shield, losing no HP
3. Thresh on a Sion train

Other propositions?

Scarra missing the handshake.

Also it's amazing how this keeps being relevant

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I love that this guy thinks Ahri is some kind of target ban.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

They banned her because her point-and-click CC is a counter to Kalista :downs:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

this champion has a 63 % win rate in diamond play and an 80%+ win rate in competitive play. But Link, Link can play a Mean Ahri.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

exethan posted:

this champion has a 63 % win rate in diamond play and an 80%+ win rate in competitive play. But Link, Link can play a Mean Ahri.

The sad thing is that Ahri has been Jesiz's best champ this season and is probably the only champ besides Ziggs and Xerath he plays well, and considering they were blue side they could have skipped that ban and forced CLG to either ban her out or leave he open for what should be an insta-lock first pick for Coast. But nope, gotta ban her out so you can pick up one of the 4 fairly equal ADCs.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Wait a sec , CLG KNEW they were standing on a ward?

E:Wait, I misinterpreted that, "don't move" was because of Rek'Sai's radar.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 14, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

The sad thing is that Ahri has been Jesiz's best champ this season and is probably the only champ besides Ziggs and Xerath he plays well, and considering they were blue side they could have skipped that ban and forced CLG to either ban her out or leave he open for what should be an insta-lock first pick for Coast. But nope, gotta ban her out so you can pick up one of the 4 fairly equal ADCs.

agreed

coast's pick/ban is about as strong as their late game decision making

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

How do you have your game deciding team fight with 2 fed assassin's and you let jinx free fire into your team? Lol

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Unexpected to see CW take the win vs Fnatic

As for Elements - Gambit's official twitter posted this gem

Late, but this is amazing. I love it so much. Wish I had seen it live.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Up until they lose, they're winning

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what a loving disgusting draft from impulse ahahah

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Seems like Janna was a braindead obvious pick for Winterfox there and then they went Morgana and Vi. Impulse is going to run over their lineup with that team.

exethan posted:

what a loving disgusting draft from impulse ahahah

The fact that TIP is all laughing on the set after that draft pretty much says it all.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
When the gently caress are WFX going to get their actual support ? Do they even have their coach yet ?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
data from Libertine's blog

WFX draft:
Kassadin 78.10
Lissandra 90.30
Graves 95.15
Morgana 91.46
Vi 88.08

WFX total: 443.09

TIP draft:
Sivir 88.58
Leona 93.55
Maokai 80.95
Ezreal (no data for mid ez) 85.55
Reksai 77.95

TIP total: 426.58

just interested to see if these solo queue numbers are a decent metric for assessing draft strength of teams.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ahahaha that Zenith Blade

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i feel like this was actually the game for XWX to play Yasuo if the champ is playable at all. their team seems pretty low DPS with Ezreal/Sivir and triple frontline.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
LMAO I just saw the four man knock up ward fight, I took a break to play Nemesis Draft and holy gently caress if I were the guy backing Coast I'd fire all of them after seeing that.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Man, the amount of single-target lockdown Vi and Lis have is crazy. Add in Maokai and Morgana and if anyone on IP gets caught anywhere, he's dead, no matter what.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
"group mid plz"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That was a boldly unnecessary E in from Ezreal that signaled the nearby Vi to come dumpster his whole team.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Is Avalon helios' brother? Because I think he isnt a very good top laner. WFX would have been much better if they had got Impact for the same koreanness

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Is Avalon helios' brother? Because I think he isnt a very good top laner. WFX would have been much better if they had got Impact for the same koreanness

Yes he is, and Impact is in fact quite a bit better than him. This game that doesn't matter though because Helios is everywhere. Pobelters Kassadin is going to scale way better than mid Ezreal too

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poor Gleeb. You can't peel a Kassadin, Lissandra, and Vi.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

Yes he is, and Impact is in fact quite a bit better than him. This game that doesn't matter though because Helios is everywhere. Pobelters Kassadin is going to scale way better than mid Ezreal too

Oh yea I'm 100% sure WFX is going to win this, I'm just thinking more generally. I want WFX to do well because I like Altec, Helios, and Pobs.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
As we discuss that Impact 1v2s two AP carries as a tank and comes out alive with a kill. :allears:

quote:

Poor Gleeb. You can't peel a Kassadin, Lissandra, and Vi.

Except Gleeb is on the team with those three? :confused:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
That Solar Flare would have been pretty nice if it hadn't landed on two champions with Zhonya's.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Leona is not good at playing from behind and Adrian isn't exactly playing a good game on her either.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

This game would have gone a lot better if XWX didn't suck so bad at Mid Ezreal. He's literally not done one thing of consequence in this entire game.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Leona is not good at playing from behind and Adrian isn't exactly playing a good game on her either.

TIP's entire team comp is terrible when behind. They're running double AD with no significant magic dmg threat allowing Vi to stack armor and 3 out 5 enemies to get a ton of value out of zhonyas. Maokai and Leona aren't great at peeling defensively compared to using their CC to engage.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Savage Cracker posted:

TIP's entire team comp is terrible when behind. They're running double AD with no significant magic dmg threat allowing Vi to stack armor and 3 out 5 enemies to get a ton of value out of zhonyas. Maokai and Leona aren't great at peeling defensively compared to using their CC to engage.

Remember that they picked Leona first rotation when the only champ locked in by WFX was Kassadin. I love me some Leona, but that's a horrible decision.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Libertine posted:

Seems like Janna was a braindead obvious pick for Winterfox there and then they went Morgana and Vi. Impulse is going to run over their lineup with that team.

The fact that TIP is all laughing on the set after that draft pretty much says it all.

I know I'm saying this after the game so it doesn't mean much but when do you ever lose a draft where you get kass/liss/graves

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Wow, the analysts are going off on TIP. I'm surprised to hear it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I know I'm saying this after the game so it doesn't mean much but when do you ever lose a draft where you get kass/liss/graves

I feel like you should never lose team fights to double AP when you run Maokai. It turns out you can if you run Double AD and they both play like garbage.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
"If we win today, everybody is getting a girlfriend"
"I've always wanted a girlfriend"

ESPORTZ

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... The coms for WFX at the start

quote:

Coach: Ok guys, if we win today you all get a girlfriend... all five of you... a brand new girlfriend!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Importing the Korean practices I see, just with lower standards. :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I really like the more critical analysis thats coming out of EU & NA LCS. Its like they realize maybe talking about the flaws in these teams could help the regions grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Libertine posted:

I feel like you should never lose team fights to double AP when you run Maokai. It turns out you can if you run Double AD and they both play like garbage.

Meowkai can't really lock anyone on that team down & everyone is actually pretty durable so they should just be able to skirmish it out and either zone or blow up adcs. Probably. Again this is a dumb thing to talk about now since the game already happened.

• Locked thread