Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

berzerkmonkey posted:

Exactly correct - there is a difference between audiobook and audio drama. If it isn't explicitly taken from an existing novel, assume it is going to be a radio play-like feature. I guess those are still popular in the UK, though we haven't had them in the US pretty much since TV caught on.

An adventure in my mind? gently caress that - I've got an adventure in MY FACE! :boom:

In Britain I sit by my radio with the family for the 6:00pm radio Warhammer show while wearing my top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

berzerkmonkey posted:

Exactly correct - there is a difference between audiobook and audio drama. If it isn't explicitly taken from an existing novel, assume it is going to be a radio play-like feature. I guess those are still popular in the UK, though we haven't had them in the US pretty much since TV caught on.

An adventure in my mind? gently caress that - I've got an adventure in MY FACE! :boom:

Well the Archers has been on going since the 50's so yeah, pretty much.
As an occasional fan of audio drama's I think BL's stuff is pretty good, though I'd imagine the grunting and chainsaw revs would be pretty embarrassing to explain to house mates. Mind you some of the accents can be really strange, I forget which audio it was but Malcador the Sigilite sounded a bit like a Count Dracula impression.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Baka-nin posted:

Well the Archers has been on going since the 50's so yeah, pretty much.

Not sure there's all that much crossover between the Radio 4 audience and the Black Library fans though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nothing is worse than the audiobook of Scars.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Does the narrator effect some terrible asian accent?

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Nothing is worse than the audiobook of Scars.

Please tell me the assault bike sounds are some guy shouting "nyyeeeeEEEEAAAOOOOOMM!!!"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Does the narrator effect some terrible asian accent?

Yes. Which misses the point entirely.

Edit: The point of the book, I mean.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 13, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I can't help but imagine that every White Scar ends up sounding like the Blademaster from Warcraft 3.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Came across some more Eisenhorn game updates:

Mark Strong (John Carter bad guy, Space Marine protagonist) just finished recording lines as the main character. The developer is now saying they expect a full release in late summer or early fall, though it's also mentioned the game is not yet ready for alpha testing. Another interesting tidbit is that the android version appears to have been scrapped, and a windows release will take its place.

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 13, 2015

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Immanentized posted:

Came across some more Eisenhorn game updates:

Mark Strong (Bad guy from the John Carter movie) just finished recording lines as the main character. The developer is now saying they expect a full release in late summer or early fall, though it's also mentioned the game is not yet ready for alpha testing. Another interesting tidbit is that the android version appears to have been scrapped, and a windows release will take its place.

hey that's nice of Mark Strong to take interest in the 40k universe again after Space marine. So hes set to VO Eisenhorn then? Cant wait for that windows release ( hopefully it wont be a waste of money ).

edit: I spell gud

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Space Marine had a distinct lack of Dragon Ball Z voice actors like Dawn of War had. Mark Strong was good, but that was about it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Arcsquad12 posted:

Space Marine had a distinct lack of Dragon Ball Z voice actors like Dawn of War had. Mark Strong was good, but that was about it.
I liked the voice acting, even if most of the voices were pretty subdued. Multiplayer was the only place it was sorely lacking - there, of all places, I need to hear everybody screaming all the time. Instead it was just a lot of grunting and chainsaw noises.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SRM posted:

I liked the voice acting, even if most of the voices were pretty subdued. Multiplayer was the only place it was sorely lacking - there, of all places, I need to hear everybody screaming all the time. Instead it was just a lot of grunting and chainsaw noises.

Space Marine needed a taunt button so bad. I would pay $5 for custom yelling DLC

The main guy acting was good but I wasn't a fan of the ork voices or their writing. The accent was a bit weird and All they ever yell is SPICE MARINE no fun Dow style lines

Why not at least a few lines of dem marine boyz or humie hardboyz

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

Space Marine needed a taunt button so bad. I would pay $5 for custom yelling DLC

The main guy acting was good but I wasn't a fan of the ork voices or their writing. The accent was a bit weird and All they ever yell is SPICE MARINE no fun Dow style lines

Why not at least a few lines of dem marine boyz or humie hardboyz

I think the reason for that was that it would have gone against the tone relic was going for. Having the Orks sound like soccer hoodlums would have made every encounter with them comedic.

Not to suggest that the silly aspects of the Orks are bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which I find is kind of weird because Relic was probably the best at balancing the darkness of the setting with the more insane parts. Again with Dawn of War, they've got some seriously hosed up moments and dramatic scenes, immediately followed by Orks wanting to strap Cyclonic Torpedoes to their backs and applying stealth tactics to lava flows. Seeing them go entirely in one direction felt a little disappointing.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=YROOgLD-wtU&app=desktop

So this is the new FPS coming out, and it looks pretty cool.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

I think the reason for that was that it would have gone against the tone relic was going for. Having the Orks sound like soccer hoodlums would have made every encounter with them comedic.

Not to suggest that the silly aspects of the Orks are bad.

Yeah but if anything them always saying spice marine all the time made them more silly and fakey, not less. Vs mixing it up a bit more. Them marine boyz sounds more like what a violent mob of (british) underclass criminals would say

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Fried Chicken posted:

Great trailer, but the game title is like lovely F2P bingo.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

I... don't know how I feel about that trailer. The visuals were cool, but the music was an odd choice.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

Yeah but if anything them always saying spice marine all the time made them more silly and fakey, not less. Vs mixing it up a bit more. Them marine boyz sounds more like what a violent mob of (british) underclass criminals would say

Well yes that line is repeated over and over, yes it can be silly, but i think the Orks never have a moment of levity in that game. So even though they have a couple of lines with the same cheesy delivery, i dont think it detracts from the presentation of Orks as a real menace instead of the joke race.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The music is fuckin rear end

Whose dick needs to be sucked to get a good ham game? The lore, background, stories everything is already so rich and already written jesus Christ. Reskin mass effect and planetside and make millions

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
I'm still holding out that it might be okay. Streum makes the weirdest poo poo and I sincerely hope the game has a 100% mariachi soundtrack because I would expect nothing less from them. I do love the comments though "WHAT THE gently caress, NO CHANTING OR METAL? THIS ISN'T 40K!"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

The music is actually by a Swiss band, and the song is drawing heavily on the music from the Spanish civil war. Which actually does work well with the 40k themes of what the imperium is, so long as you look at it from the "marching to war" view instead of the "worship the emperor" view

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I'm still holding out that it might be okay. Streum makes the weirdest poo poo and I sincerely hope the game has a 100% mariachi soundtrack because I would expect nothing less from them. I do love the comments though "WHAT THE gently caress, NO CHANTING OR METAL? THIS ISN'T 40K!"
I love how 40k has somehow inextricably become linked with lovely modern metal because :black101: GRIMDARK is all that the vocal dumbasses listen to. It makes it fun as hell to point out that Goff Rock bands probably sound like Bauhaus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Arquinsiel posted:

Great trailer, but the game title is like lovely F2P bingo.

It's not F2P and it's just called Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Arquinsiel posted:

I love how 40k has somehow inextricably become linked with lovely modern metal because :black101: GRIMDARK is all that the vocal dumbasses listen to. It makes it fun as hell to point out that Goff Rock bands probably sound like Bauhaus.

Bolt Thrower is the most 40k band around, so much so that they did a 40k album.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Improbable Lobster posted:

Bolt Thrower is the most 40k band around, so much so that they did a 40k album.
They did a couple, but they're 80's hair metal. Most of the guys I remember from my days on warhams forums and working in GW were super into the church-burning end of the spectrum. Totally devoid of the concept of irony or any self awareness too.

ETA:

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's not F2P and it's just called Space Hulk: Deathwing.
Wait... the trailer has a title? :psyduck:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

ETA:

No, the game is titled Space Hulk: Deathwing. Space hulk missions serve as the barebones plot, it is a FPS of a team of Deathwing terminators taking out a BroodLord (which was the original backstory for the Deathwing). The title is like that so they can do expansions into the Space Hulk franchise, like how you has Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and Dawn of War: Winter Assault

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Fried Chicken posted:

No, the game is titled Space Hulk: Deathwing. Space hulk missions serve as the barebones plot, it is a FPS of a team of Deathwing terminators taking out a BroodLord (which was the original backstory for the Deathwing). The title is like that so they can do expansions into the Space Hulk franchise, like how you has Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and Dawn of War: Winter Assault

Actually, yes, the title of the trailer is "Rise of the Terminators."

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Arquinsiel posted:

They did a couple, but they're 80's hair metal. Most of the guys I remember from my days on warhams forums and working in GW were super into the church-burning end of the spectrum. Totally devoid of the concept of irony or any self awareness too.

ETA:

What? Bolt thrower is not hair metal they are straight up death metal and they influenced grindcore too with In Battle There Is No Law.

Hair metal is just glam metal so motley crue etc. Bolt thrower is actually one of the legitimately better death metal bands around and people who aren't into warhammer are really into bolt thrower

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I dunno man, I personally can't tell the difference between Bolt Thrower and Night Ranger.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
My friend loves Bolt Thrower and had no idea their songs were about Warhammer.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
What's wrong with you guys the music fit the trailer perfectly. I appreciate the fact that they used something different instead of :black101:/bombastic orchestrals like every other warhammer game does.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I dunno man, I personally can't tell the difference between Bolt Thrower and Night Ranger.

Then uhhhhh maybe just don't comment about music at all, because your and ears and brain apparently don't work or something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I think it was a joke.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Then uhhhhh maybe just don't comment about music at all, because your and ears and brain apparently don't work or something

:thumbsup:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I think it was a joke.

thank god, I was absolutely FILLED WITH RAGE at that statement

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

My friend loves Bolt Thrower and had no idea their songs were about Warhammer.

I feel the same about Ian Watson.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
All that music loving sucks imo

But lol we all read ham ~*novels*~ we all have terrible taste

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Helicon One posted:

Not sure there's all that much crossover between the Radio 4 audience and the Black Library fans though.

Speak for yourself pal :colbert:

True it's not nearly as popular as the 40K Sailormoon crossovers, but give it time. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I think an inquisitor action rpg (like mass effect) would be good. if you were Inquisition you could pick your ordo,(which would determine your mission, stats, lore knowledge.) maybe have a "morality system" of Radicals and Puritans. shoot orks, nids, lots of chaos cults. give the development to obsidian.