Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And Dig just got their rear end punished up the wazzo by leaving that Kalista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Calax posted:

And Dig just got their rear end punished up the wazzo by leaving that Kalista.

Only if Dig forgets to rush a thornmail to counter this double AD.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, you'd think they'd be smart enough to never let him play her again, just like you'd think people would know not to ever let Faker play Riven again if she was remotely near the competitive meta (which I doubt will ever happen but you never know). Then again people to this day sometimes don't ban Irelia against Wickd so God knows what the LCS teams will do in the future going forward.

And then Dig gives Sneaky Kalista the very next loving day. :downs:

God C9 don't break our hearts today, you got everything you could've asked for. Though it makes me sad to hear Kobe say "when C9 was in their prime." :negative:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
First Zed since the aspd nerf, if I'm not mistaken?

Transient People posted:

Only if Dig forgets to rush a thornmail to counter this double AD.

That'd leave them to be chunked by Nid, though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

DIGs team comp is very good. C9's team comp is very schizophrenic. Nidalee poke with Maokai&Zed dive with Janna/Kalista kite ending up with double AD. They will probably win just off strength of play but I think C9 drafted pretty bad.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Could run it as a split push, Zed down bot and the other four in another lane distracting the team.

Kalista could easily harass while fleeing with Janna making sure Jarvan can't keep close.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
im late to the party, ok dig NOW you can start doing well

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Calax posted:

Could run it as a split push, Zed down bot and the other four in another lane distracting the team.

Kalista could easily harass while fleeing with Janna making sure Jarvan can't keep close.

That's what it looks like to me, Zed split push combined with Kalista/Janna/Nidalee disengage, with Maokai for the teamfight if it goes south. If they play around the Gnar rage bar and keep Jarvan down like they are that's gonna be a nasty map rotation comp that will be hard as hell to catch.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Jerkface posted:

DIGs team comp is very good. C9's team comp is very schizophrenic. Nidalee poke with Maokai&Zed dive with Janna/Kalista kite ending up with double AD. They will probably win just off strength of play but I think C9 drafted pretty bad.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, Dignitas seemed to get everything they wanted in p&b. I'm not sure what to think of C9's comp, Janna/Kalista feels like it can set up some really weird but great plays for the rest of the team. Their dragon/baron fights might be insanely advantageous with great execution, especially on the offensive against Dig defending the pit, but beyond that who knows. They've got split pushing along with solid lanes (which are winning).

Still, even on a bad day it shuld take more than a few spectacular failures for C9 to lose against a Dignitas who has shown the capability to lane well and nothing but (last week).

e: and indeed C9 has won the game by 20min without team fighting once.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 15, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

This game so far...

Dig: LET'S FIGHT!
Cloud 9: NAAAAaaaaahhhhhh

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:(((( noooooo dig

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

C9s remaining strength is basically designed to dumpster a team like Dignitas, who seem to have no idea what the gently caress they're doing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Calax posted:

This game so far...

Dig: LET'S FIGHT!
Cloud 9: NAAAAaaaaahhhhhh

That's exactly the point of the draft C9 set up. Dig picked champs to brute force and fight in big engagements and C9 picked to dance around them and the map. C9 is proving they're still a phenomenal team when they're on point, overall, while Dig looks like they're playing solo queue.

Also the fact they let Sneaky have Kalista again, while awesome, is a crime and they should be raked over the coals for it by their coach... oh wait. :downs:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

20 minutes of no fighting and then C9 just wipes out Dig in 7 minutes.

Dig seemed to not have very good communication between their engage... Jarvan would jump in and Gnar is on the other side of the the screen.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Another point of C9's comp was that other than damage, Jarvan's ult could do precisely poo poo at every single point in the game. Catch Nidalee? She hops out. Catch zed? W->W. Catch Kalista? One auto and she's out. Catch Janna? Kalista ults her out. Catch Maokai? He doesn't give a gently caress, he can stay there and tank and if he doesn't want to, he just Ws to whoever he wants to lock down.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Sneaky no longer looks like he's 13 years old.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Thinking about it... Dig should have gone with an azir in that midlane over leblanc. Or even a Lux to block the movement from C9.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Time for my weekly dose of #KEEPKEITH

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
xspecial dude just shut the gently caress up

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Asema posted:

xspecial dude just shut the gently caress up

not an emptyquote

I really don't like ex-Curse anymore. :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

what was xpecial saying?

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Nothing special, really . He was talking about communication issues between the Korean/North American players on TL and how they were working on improving the situation.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, Maplestreet picked Draven so now I have to cheer for his little greasy self.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, Maplestreet picked Draven so now I have to cheer for his little greasy self.

He chose the ADC most likely to have also not taken a shower recently

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
And this game shows why I love Leona so much, you get ahead an inch and BAM, the murder is ON, and it doesn't stop.

E: Also: "HURR DURR let's leave Ahri for enemy team, that sure won't come back to bite us in the rear end"

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 15, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

10k gold down. It's like dragons still give global gold.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"Maplestreet needs to be able to catch axes in fights!"

He probably should have thought of that before picking Draven into Leona, Jarvan, Ahri.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
God damnit I'm never betting on T8 again jesus christ.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

All of gravity's bans target Bjergsen.... Bjergsen does the little "I'm touched you picked me" move on his player cam.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow, Lissandra has a 100% win rate in the NALCS? Jarvan's win rate has dropped nicely though.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Wow, Lissandra has a 100% win rate in the NALCS? Jarvan's win rate has dropped nicely though.

Janna's win rate, on the other hand, is surprisingly low.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Are Gravity's uniforms just shitkicker leather jackets over hoodies

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Is this Zirene/Riv? Since when does Zirene cast the real games?

Edit:

:lol: cloth 5 Xerath start against Bjerg's Zed, get hosed for your dumb poke pick.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sad day when Jatt sits on the desk for every game and we get Riv/Zirene which has to be the worst combination possible in NA other than solo-riv.

And I say this as someone who likes zirene on the desk

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
hauntzer going to have severe PTSD over these 3 man dives...

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Jonny Angel posted:

it's kind of good.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny Angel posted:

cop wanted to wear a leather jacket and lcs rules are you have to have matching uniforms so lo and behold gravity became a biker gang

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Bjergsen's Zed flanks have not been good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hypocrisy posted:

Bjergsen's Zed flanks have not been good.

Dont think zed pick is very good right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Jerkface posted:

Dont think zed pick is very good right now.

yeah, zed is kind of weak atm, especially after that wipe :stare:

• Locked thread