Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiley posted:

Remember when Pac-Man was leaked? Look how that blessed boy turned out. That good papa. I trust them not to make a bad character.

Unless it's a clone :can:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i don't think rayman is really on the same level as mario, sonic, pac-man, and mega man. those guys are all giant icons, maybe less so for mega man these days, but he was still big at one point. if they decided to include him i'm sure he'd be interesting but i think there are much better choices. people just don't want to let go of him having a trophy for some reason, even though there are other 3rd party trophies.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Wolf is coming, I promise. Wolf DLC is real, and will happen.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVE23IuTAsc&t=1031s

hyes

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 15, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Wolf is coming, I promise. Wolf DLC is real, and will happen.

thank you

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q27o-0vyMM

I'm on the believer train but I do find it somewhat suspicious that the uploader wouldn't select the character to let us hear the announcer voice.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I don't want Rayman in smash.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My policy is "never believe without video". This is video, so I'm forced to believe this is true now.

I fully welcome a new Man into Smash, and hope he can have a fun time with fellow Mans Mega and Pac.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
it was kinda weird having rayman trophies in the game, i want to believe

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
A) there already was a mewtwo render though? I guess it's not impossible to believe that they changed it but still

B) Rayman is Not Cool

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

A) Rayman is Not Cool

B) Rayman is Not Cool

C) Rayman is Not Cool

D) Rayman is Not Cool

E) Rayman is Not Cool

F) Rayman is Not Cool
Z) Rayman is Not Cool

:agreed:
He's a lovely forced "hey look, we have a totally zany character too!!" from the era of lovely characters.

e: let's also include Bubsy and Gex

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If Rayman is in Smash you can beat him up as actually good and cool characters and laugh at him.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Your Computer posted:

:agreed:
He's a lovely forced "hey look, we have a totally zany character too!!" from the era of lovely characters.

But enough about Sonic the Hedgehog! :v:

(I think Rayman is pretty cool)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Funky Valentine posted:

If Rayman is in Smash you can beat him up as actually good and cool characters and laugh at him.

you drive a hard bargain there

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pac Man more like Jak Man, who will definitely be added.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

That's exactly what I thought about Sonic, but there are just too many people who legitimately thinks he's cool (?!) and the torrents of yourtoslooooowyourtoslooowyourtosloooow still has me waking up in cold sweats to this day.

JordanKai posted:

But enough about Sonic the Hedgehog! :v:

(I think Rayman is pretty cool)

Sonic is the prototype. His only saving grace is that he was the first, the rest of the gimmick characters just try to ride his putrid wave of fame amongst children and spergs. :10bux:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 15, 2015

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Ridley DLC possible???

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I would be alright with Rayman but then again I would be okay with just about literally anyone.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Sonic and his games were cool and good back then though

New Sonic varies between a range of "steaming pile of poo poo" and "ok or good 3d/2d platformers"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sonic Generations is the best Racing Platformer ever and the fact that we'll never get another game like it is a goddamn tragedy.

Thank god for mods.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Raserys posted:

A) there already was a mewtwo render though? I guess it's not impossible to believe that they changed it but still

B) Rayman is Not Cool

That was the in game model, not a render

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

it was kinda weird having rayman trophies in the game, i want to believe

it's not really that weird, nintendo published rayman legends in japan. there are other 3rd party trophies as well, like the last story trophies and commander video

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

How Rude posted:

Sonic and his games were cool and good back then though

What are you trying to say? Rayman 1 is a masterpiece you jokester! :mad:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I like Rayman and would enjoy smashing as him thanks for listening

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Rayman isn't a top-priority third-party character IMO. Franchises like FF and Castlevania have a more powerful Nintendo Connection.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's weird that none of the Belmonts are in Smash Bros.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm fine with the Belmonts so long as they don't use the designs by the Death Note artist.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kaethela posted:

I like Rayman and would enjoy smashing as him thanks for listening

Agreed.

Video is good enough proof for me. I wish they'd bring back Snake and Wolf too though :mad: At least bring back Shadow Moses Island :mad: :mad:

edit: Simon Belmont would be cool IF they make him play like he did in the NES games, similar to they handled Megaman

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Where is bayonetta or monster hunter.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Simon Belmont would make for a good newcomer trailer, because it would be him and Samus fighting in Dracula's castle as a tribute to the unofficial kinship between those series. I think that would be very nice. It would be also nice to play as a classic FF class such as the Black Mage, who is iconic and cute.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Imagine the reality, of selecting Rayman and discovering his playstyle eclipses yours. Imagine finding out that Rayman is your ideal main. I would not be able to face my friends again.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Simon Belmont would make for a good newcomer trailer, because it would be him and Samus fighting in Dracula's castle as a tribute to the unofficial kinship between those series. I think that would be very nice. It would be also nice to play as a classic FF class such as the Black Mage, who is iconic and cute.
He'd also share the whip attacks with ZSS.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm fine with the Belmonts so long as they don't use the designs by the Death Note artist.
What, you mean this doesn't scream Castlevania to you? :shepface:

I agree with everyone else though, they have so many incredibly popular characters from incredibly popular franchises to choose from, so why reach down into the gutter and pick Ray-Ban the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing tryhard.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Imagine the reality, of selecting Rayman and discovering his playstyle eclipses yours. Imagine finding out that Rayman is your ideal main. I would not be able to face my friends again.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you're angry about Rayman being a "tryhard," please consider never posting again.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Rayman is the star of a platformer that includes a rhythm-game level set to a mariachi version of Eye of the Tiger which makes it one of the best games ever made thanks for reading

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wild Knight posted:

Rayman is the star of a platformer that includes a rhythm-game level set to a mariachi version of Eye of the Tiger which makes it one of the best games ever made thanks for reading
Sounds pretty tryhard to me.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I will Not buy the Rayman DLC, as he does not belong here. Quote this post if you agree.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gonna main Rayman alongside Bowser Jr. Team Haters :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So is the theme with 3rd party characters "must have 'Man' in your name"?

If so, may I go back to flooding the Smash thread in delusional Bomberman posts?

• Locked thread