Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Please don't gently caress him up, WWE. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Obviously Undertaker gets his wrestling power from his urn. But does Cena get his power from his jorts or from ceremonial rapadoo?

His old chain & padlock holds his power, that's why he doesn't carry it around any more

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ozz81 posted:

His old chain & padlock holds his power, that's why he doesn't carry it around any more

Was his chain made from Kama's gold chain which was made out of Undertaker's urn?

I'm just going to pretend that's why Cena always wins - he figured out what Kama could not: To harness the power of the urn in the chain, one must put a padlock on it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

I know finding WWE Main Event is a huge pain the rear end these days if you are outside the UK & Ireland. But Cesaro vs Sin Cara is one of the best TV matches in a long, long time go to the effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qndxBgG_yQk

The full match is 16 matches. Taped on Tuesday and that iffy match with Blake & Murphy was on Wednesday.
Wow JBL sounds bearable when he doesn't have Vince yelling in his ear to heel it up

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Cromulent posted:

Also, regarding the Sin Cara vs Cesaro match...I've always wondered whose call it is to put on these great matches on C-shows. I would imagine Vince has nothing to do with it, is it Triple H? Or is it just the agent in charge of the match? Main Event used to have good, long TV matches like this fairly regularly. I seem to remember a great Wade Barrett vs Justin Gabriel match.

They warm up the crowds for the beginning of Raw/Smackdown. Helps to not start the crowd stone dead for the beginning of your broadcast. They're also probably used by up and coming production people to make a reel for themselves so they show what they can do with a full match without giving a green crew control over something plot important.

Also agents and wrestlers are given more freedom to do their best matches since they don't have to worry about scaling up the series over a couple dozen matches or overshadowing another match later in the card.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Owens wrestled Neville on the WWE LIVE EVENT IN TAMPA:

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/566769809069973505

:sun:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Did he win by stoppage?!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Did he win by stoppage?!

Of course not, it was a blocked Red Arrow attempt into a The Powerbomb That Beat Sami Zayn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He really needs to wear tights and not the basketball shorts though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Of course not, it was a blocked Red Arrow attempt into a The Powerbomb That Beat Sami Zayn.

:colbert: He should be murdering everyone until he loses the title.

Manny Suave
Apr 5, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Wow JBL sounds bearable when he doesn't have Vince yelling in his ear to heel it up

Well, wasn't he generally considered pretty good during his run with Cole on Smackdown a few years back? I recall the two of them having pretty good chemistry and JBL playing the role of "heel announcer who still makes some good points and adds to the broadcast" pretty well.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So I ran into this on local news last night. A fluffy interview with everyone's favorite disgruntled wrestler-cum-mma fighter.

http://www.jrn.com/wtmj/wi-sports/CM-Punk-Lance-Allan-UFC-WWE-first-fight-291932231.html

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I frickin love CM Punk

cams
Mar 28, 2003

That DICK! posted:

I frickin love CM Punk

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I would slurp that man's disgruntled cum

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
If through some strange as hell happening Punk manages to hit a go to sleep in the Octagon I will freak the hell out. Good thing it's impossible!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Vince needs to let R. Truth come out as the Suntan Superman and make him the top baby. Have him go over Reigns and Bryan, then Corp and Show and finally Cena and Rusev at 'Mania~!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Vince needs to let R. Truth come out as the Suntan Superman and make him the top baby. Have him go over Reigns and Bryan, then Corp and Show and finally Cena and Rusev at 'Mania~!

Acceptable.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Watching Takeover Rival with my buddy who's been into wrestling for a year. He really liked the Corbin vs Dempsey match. He didn't seem to notice it was short or that Corbin did only three moves. He did notice that there was nothing DQ worthy in the no-DQ match, but still.

I think it bodes well for Corbin and Bull that a by-definition casual wrestling fan was still into both guys after a match that everyone was saying "exposed," them.

Also that spinebuster Corbin did was really good. So he's already got at least one move, so he's at least 1/4th of the way to being on Reign's level :)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have a terrible confession. I haven't watched the NXT special yet. Hearing so many good things about the women's match is killing me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

RBX posted:

I have a terrible confession. I haven't watched the NXT special yet. Hearing so many good things about the women's match is killing me.

Why haven't you watched it? Go watch it.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

RBX posted:

You need to see it. I watched it at a friend's house, then came home and signed up for the network just so I could watch it again. It was that drat good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Also on the show: Roman Reigns botching spearing Big Show through a table and ended up like a foot in front of the unbroken table, Miz making Mizdow sit in a chair in the corner of the ring in time out followed by a comedy match against the Usos that went on for about 50 years, Randy Orton powerslamming Kane, a 3-on-3 womens' match (with Sasha Banks!) that didn't end in a rollup after 2 minutes, Cesaro figuring out how to get booed again (interrupting Chris Jericho's 10-minute promo about how great Tampa is and how big Triple H's nose is), and Titus O'Neil doing the gator chomp at some guy on the floor who was giving him the tomahawk chop. I think that about sums it up.

Shagga
May 21, 2004
Oy, dey.
Edit - sorry phone decided to post on my behalf.

Shagga fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 15, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

RBX posted:

It was probably the best match on the show. It's seriously a ton of fun. The special wasn't as top-to-bottom great as some other ones (the tag title match and No DQ match are letdowns) but the opener is fun and the final three matches are the poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apropos of nothing, goddamn Batista's instrumental theme ruled. So much better than "I Walk Alone".

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
How long has Randy been doing house shows?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Apropos of nothing, goddamn Batista's instrumental theme ruled. So much better than "I Walk Alone".

This may or may not have a lot to do with the fact that the band Saliva bites a turgid hippo dick.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

keevo posted:

How long has Randy been doing house shows?

Early 2000's

He's been back since a week or two before the rumble I believe

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Manny Suave posted:

Well, wasn't he generally considered pretty good during his run with Cole on Smackdown a few years back? I recall the two of them having pretty good chemistry and JBL playing the role of "heel announcer who still makes some good points and adds to the broadcast" pretty well.

Yeah he was pretty good. Said some perceptive stuff. Told some funny jokes. Had way less catchphrases.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!

Manny Suave posted:

He was pretty decent when he first came in to replace Lawler after the heart attack - would talk about other promotions, put people over, make really obscure references that were actually related to wrestling. Wouldn't repeat the same phrase over and over..

And then he slowly became this JBL.

BLACK HELICOPTERS MAGGLE

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

sticklefifer posted:

This may or may not have a lot to do with the fact that the band Saliva bites a turgid hippo dick.

Both of you are wrong and nobody on this forum even knows what they like in Wrestler Entrance Music other than "it should be like Stone Cold's music." :colbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Batistas best theme: http://youtu.be/6-qxM7FcGzI

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Both of you are wrong and nobody on this forum even knows what they like in Wrestler Entrance Music other than "it should be like Stone Cold's music." :colbert:

I think the main thing wrestler entrance music needs is for the first 10-20 seconds to have a very distinct and recognizable "sting". The problem with themes that are more generic is that surprise run ins or dramatic comebacks lose impact when it takes like 45 seconds for someone to recognize whose music is playing. The breaking glass for Austin's theme and the gong for the Undertaker are great for that, and the opening of the Rock's theme and of course Flair's are instantly recognizable with the first couple notes.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can someone find the lyrics to the Brie Mode song?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fat Lowtax posted:

And what the hell are the words to Paige's theme? I hear something different every time I hear it on Raw.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fatherdog posted:

I think the main thing wrestler entrance music needs is for the first 10-20 seconds to have a very distinct and recognizable "sting". The problem with themes that are more generic is that surprise run ins or dramatic comebacks lose impact when it takes like 45 seconds for someone to recognize whose music is playing. The breaking glass for Austin's theme and the gong for the Undertaker are great for that, and the opening of the Rock's theme and of course Flair's are instantly recognizable with the first couple notes.

This is also why I like Ambrose's. And the non-Takeover version of Balor's where it just goes *inhale* *riff* is great too.

Finn Balor's theme is the best CFO$ has ever been responsible for.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Fat Lowtax posted:

Brie mode
Bbbbbbbn bestie
Mode!
Brie mode bbbbb bestie
Bbbb bestie
Beautiful life
Brie mode
Bestie
Bbbb bestie
Bbbbb bestie
Brie mode
Bbbbb bestie
Beautiful life
Bbbbb bestie
Bbbbb bestie
Brie mode!
Bbbbb bestie
Bbbbb bestie
Brie mode

These are from a lyrics site and not made up by me.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Sanguinia posted:

Both of you are wrong and nobody on this forum even knows what they like in Wrestler Entrance Music other than "it should be like Stone Cold Million Dollar Man's music." :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Luigi Thirty posted:

And what the hell are the words to Paige's theme? I hear something different every time I hear it on Raw.
*squawk*
(Whoa-oh-oh)
Tear the stars out from the sky
(Oh-oh-oh)
Darkness falls, I come alive
I've always been this way,
I fly before I change
(Whoa-oh-oh)

(Whoa-oh-oh)
(Oh-oh-oh)
I have come to realise/All have come to realise (not sure on this line)
Been down this way before,
I'm back to take what's yours
(Whoa-oh-oh)

• Locked thread