Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

guidoanselmi posted:

so i just completed an active mission (counter arty SPG, tier 9) and then didnt get credit.

thanks wg

Did you do 1k+ damage? You have to do both. I'm assuming you mean spg-10 mission anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hellsau posted:

Ah fair enough. On the NA server, playing on other accounts is allowed but whenever it comes up the mods are quick to note that owning multiple account is against the ToS.

Do they even provide a reason for that? I mean, wtf do they care if people have multiple accounts since you're technically only playing one at a time. The way I see it, as long as people pay for gold ammo and crap like that, wargamming shouldn't be giving a poo poo.

Unless they don't like it in order to cater to the playerbase who think that having good stats at W.o.T makes them somebody in real life?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

JuffoWup posted:

Did you do 1k+ damage? You have to do both. I'm assuming you mean spg-10 mission anyway.

yup! (i guess spg7)

unrelated, funny game

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

That's a bug due to mods overwriting localization data. The real SPG-7 is "destroy a tank destroyer". Found that in literally 10 seconds with google.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

saintonan posted:

Ok, help me figure out crew retraining. I am about to buy a T25/2, aiming toward the T30. I'm not planning on selling the Hellcat, so I'd like to leave that crew there.

That makes it sound like you have interest in keeping the Hellcat but not the T25 nor T28. If that is the case then why not just start a new crew which will be on its third skill by the time you get to the T30?

I'd be reluctant to move the radioman from the Hellcat if it's a tank you still want to play because he probably has both camo and situational awareness which are both pretty useful in a TD.

Loader skills aren't that great so I wouldn't be too concerned about having two multiple skill loaders unless maybe you are going for BIA.

But it seems like a workable plan if you don't intend to play arty any more.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

pun pundit posted:

That's a bug due to mods overwriting localization data. The real SPG-7 is "destroy a tank destroyer". Found that in literally 10 seconds with google.

And this is where I was going. If he was on spg-7, then he needs up to update his mods and/or look again with all his mod disabled. If it is spg-10, then they also have to do 1k damage along with nailing a spg. Both are relatively easy to complete all things considering.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Well it looks like tonks NA is unplayable from Aus again, a 50% trace with timed out status

Please don't make me go back to Asia sever Wargaming :negative:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Animal posted:

I really wish pubbies in NA behaved like Russian pubbies. At least if your team sucks you would still be guaranteed a rocking battle. Every moment I watched in that guy's stream was full of action that would make your average NA pubbie poo poo his pants, turn tail, and find the furthest building to hide behind.

I played a match, Redshire Assult, south spawn, and two retard top tier heavies just camped the J line. They kept sitting there even when the enemy team started capping. They weren't disconnected because they were talking in chat. :negative:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Ah, thanks! Didn't know mod's messed with mission stuff.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I'm on the SPG mission where you have to track an enemy, and its just not giving me the award. I keep trying to cancel the mission and start again and no joy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Animal posted:

I'm on the SPG mission where you have to track an enemy, and its just not giving me the award. I keep trying to cancel the mission and start again and no joy.

Does the mission allow for any SPG or a specific tier? Are you sure your shot is what caused the tracking?

I would recommend a high tier artillery. The bigger splash radius and higher damage might lead to better result.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Pretty sure someone else needs to damage it while it's tracked, I did it in a dual arty platoon where we just double tapped the same targets

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Still have 50k xp before i can get the top gun on the Conq :negative:

I don't want to have to spend real money to get the free XP needed but drat its a lot of gold needed. At least it means I won't be stupid enough to play it as a heavy tank instead of the fat medium that it is.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I like the vanilla Matilda, but is the Matilda 4 like a regular Matilda with it's limited MM and less penetrating, more damage gun? I know Hellsau said he don't like it, but since some says he is artistically worse than Hitler, is there any other views?

Trollocalypse
May 22, 2012

"Quit no-scoping, Hitler!!" - Winston Churchill. Probably.

Animal posted:

They have to be killed by a teammate while still tracked. Best thing to do is fire at targets that have a couple of hundred hitpoints over your average hit damage with the arty you're using. So, if you're making pubbies cry in a ConquerorGC only shoot at poo poo that's on about 1100 HP and close to some random shitlord that'll probably miss/bounce his shot anyway just to frustrate you.

I say this, of course, while silently hating you for clicking.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

drat the Patton is great for carrying

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
AMX mobility is nice, but the lack of armour is troublesome. Just had a pretty neat game on Northwest where i basically drove around the entire map twice to secure the win. Lucky bounce at 1hp too D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Jwz1_HWMA

still processing or something, will be higher res fairly soon. crosshair is a bit jumpy in replays it seems.

results:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/1624415

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Dalael posted:

Do they even provide a reason for that? I mean, wtf do they care if people have multiple accounts since you're technically only playing one at a time. The way I see it, as long as people pay for gold ammo and crap like that, wargamming shouldn't be giving a poo poo.

Unless they don't like it in order to cater to the playerbase who think that having good stats at W.o.T makes them somebody in real life?

Maybe so if you get banned for something you can't just jump on the next account? I dunno. And if they were catering to the playerbase with regards to stats, wouldn't they allow it so people could reroll to pretend to be better?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Trollocalypse posted:

They have to be killed by a teammate while still tracked. Best thing to do is fire at targets that have a couple of hundred hitpoints over your average hit damage with the arty you're using. So, if you're making pubbies cry in a ConquerorGC only shoot at poo poo that's on about 1100 HP and close to some random shitlord that'll probably miss/bounce his shot anyway just to frustrate you.

drat... I don't know if its just me, but it sounds as tho there are quite a few number of missions that require teammates involvement. That has got to suck if you're not in a platoon.

Valle posted:

Maybe so if you get banned for something you can't just jump on the next account? I dunno. And if they were catering to the playerbase with regards to stats, wouldn't they allow it so people could reroll to pretend to be better?

Trying to stop people from jumping to another account after a ban would make sense I suppose. However, I personally have not seen a longer ban than 24 hours. If people can't live without tanks for 24 hours, they have a serious problem and need to learn to enjoy better games such as literally anything.

As for the stats thing, if they were catering to people who care about stats, then no.. i don't think they'd allow new accounts for re-roll. Quite the contrary, I think they would want stats to remain what they are because what is the point of statistic if you can change them whenever you want? Too many people would bitch.. which isn't anything new or anything SerB has ever cared about.

Long live SerB.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Atal Vataman posted:

AMX mobility is nice, but the lack of armour is troublesome. Just had a pretty neat game on Northwest where i basically drove around the entire map twice to secure the win. Lucky bounce at 1hp too D:

still processing or something, will be higher res fairly soon. crosshair is a bit jumpy in replays it seems.

results:

Neat, unfortunately i have a feeling the CDC is overhyped a fair bit, still going to get one though as i need a nonpref t8 with a decent gun. Just a few things though. the replay stuttered a bit, if you pause and restart the playback it fixes the stuttering, the music :smith:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Atal Vataman posted:

results:

Nice game there. The crosshair jumping seems to be the serverside reticle. Whenever I have it turned on in settings, but don't have a serverside reticle mod installed, the regular reticle will act like that and move really jerkily.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Trollocalypse posted:

I am silently weeping inside of shame for all this clicking. I hadn't played artillery since beta. I don't know why artillery players cry that its not good enough. This poo poo is easy, you just sit back and poo poo damage with little risk to yourself. Pan around, choose a poor sap, enable Battle Assistant, CLICK.

A few days ago an artillery player went into this surreal rage on chat. I was in the good old E-50M, sniping from a hill, when I spot his Tier X arty behind a ridge, with a small portion of its body exposed. I put a shell on him that leaves him with about 50hp. He scoots out of harm, and goes on chat to RAGE about how bullshit that was. Apparently his expectation is that he should NEVER have received damage unless the match went horribly wrong, while he should be allowed to vomit out damage. The fact that there was suddenly an unexpected risk that he would receive some damage in return seemed deeply unfair to him.

Animal fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 15, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"I don't use gold ammo because actually being efficient and helping my team win would sully my honor and my wonderful 45% winrate. Furthermore, I also refuse to kick my opponent in fighting games, to strafe in FPS or to use the I shaped pieces in Tetris, because for some reason, my loving pubbie brain decided this wasn't fairplay, nevermind the fact everybody does it and it just makes me a loving hindrance for my team."

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WitchFetish posted:

"I don't use gold ammo because actually being efficient and helping my team win would sully my honor and my wonderful 45% winrate. Furthermore, I also refuse to kick my opponent in fighting games, to strafe in FPS or to use the I shaped pieces in Tetris, because for some reason, my loving pubbie brain decided this wasn't fairplay, nevermind the fact everybody does it and it just makes me a loving hindrance for my team."

gold ammo destroyed any hope this game had of ever seeing balance so it isn't the dumbest sentiment

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

In hindsight compared to the current situation I'd rather have premium shells be gold-only even if that meant I'd never fire any myself.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav posted:

In hindsight compared to the current situation I'd rather have premium shells be gold-only even if that meant I'd never fire any myself.

yuuuuuup. I've said for a long time that I would pay a monthly fee for a mode without gold ammo, or even better for a module that meant I couldn't shoot them but those of everybody else shooting me turned into regular ap also.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I am guessing there is no way to claim the personal mission reward without giving an assignment to the women crews? I wanna go on with the missions but I wanna save the chicks for the eventual new French medium.

Trollocalypse
May 22, 2012

"Quit no-scoping, Hitler!!" - Winston Churchill. Probably.

Dalael posted:

drat... I don't know if its just me, but it sounds as tho there are quite a few number of missions that require teammates involvement. That has got to suck if you're not in a platoon.

The spotting missions are the worst when you're trying to solo random in scouts. You take up some ninja position and start rubbing your hands together at the thought of the sexual feelings you're going to get when stuff in front of you starts to evaporate under the awesome firepower of your team's onslaught.

Oh yeah, pubbies are wank-rag at everything.

The absolute best thing about running a clan is that you know you've always got people to platoon with that you picked yourself (or picked by proxy). Missions are slightly less bad in a competent platoon.

Animal posted:

I am silently weeping inside of shame for all this clicking. I hadn't played artillery since beta. I don't know why artillery players cry that its not good enough. This poo poo is easy, you just sit back and poo poo damage with little risk to yourself. Pan around, choose a poor sap, enable Battle Assistant, CLICK.

A few days ago an artillery player went into this surreal rage on chat. I was in the good old E-50M, sniping from a hill, when I spot his Tier X arty behind a ridge, with a small portion of its body exposed. I put a shell on him that leaves him with about 50hp. He scoots out of harm, and goes on chat to RAGE about how bullshit that was. Apparently his expectation is that he should NEVER have received damage unless the match went horribly wrong, while he should be allowed to vomit out damage. The fact that there was suddenly an unexpected risk that he would receive some damage in return seemed deeply unfair to him.

One of the only reasons I still look at the EU forums is to slowly and methodically generate arty hate while making it seem ludicrous to object. Going well so far.

In fairness to me arty is broken as all hell.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I loving love the 28.01

Also, I start a chat about Aspergers and behavioral studies.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is there no replay site that shows the chat log? There used to be one :/

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

PirateBob posted:

Is there no replay site that shows the chat log? There used to be one :/

wotreplays.org is no more :(

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Valle posted:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/323/22/how-can-i-reset-my-service-record-game-progress-and-statistics

no idea if this actually works, wg's support department has been pretty useless in my experience

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Forgot about that. Pretty sure it works, but pubbies be dumb and make a new account and buy the same premium tanks over again or some poo poo.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Rincewinds posted:

I like the vanilla Matilda, but is the Matilda 4 like a regular Matilda with it's limited MM and less penetrating, more damage gun? I know Hellsau said he don't like it, but since some says he is artistically worse than Hitler, is there any other views?

The Lend-Lease Matilda is like a slower Churchill where you have to shoot APCR all the time to have any hope of penetrating anything that isn't a tier 3. You get mad gun depression though, so if you're cool with making no credits and desperately need a Soviet medium trainer, go right ahead and grab one.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
End of match:

So it's totally a loss, RUS guy is still alive. Manages to get the enemy to shoot their teammate and then a 1390 ram-suicides himself into an e100. Hilarious ending. Someone please gif the 1390 suicide.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 15, 2015

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Turns out the T-54 Lightweight is pretty amazing after the patch buffs.

Click for replay I guess?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Ensign Expendable posted:

The Lend-Lease Matilda is like a slower Churchill where you have to shoot APCR all the time to have any hope of penetrating anything that isn't a tier 3. You get mad gun depression though, so if you're cool with making no credits and desperately need a Soviet medium trainer, go right ahead and grab one.

I have the Object 907, so I don't need a medium trainer, and if it's not like the vanilla Matilda, it's probably not that fun.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Here's a pretty funny M46 Patton game in which I get incredibly loving lucky and three or four tanks basically kill themselves in their eagerness to get to me. Note how the Centurion shoots his friendly Waffle4 in the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKIMrQCETL0

Oh, and if you don't have the UT announcer mod you're missing out.

Replay, in case you'd rather want that: http://wotreplays.com/site/1627318

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 16, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Rincewinds posted:

I have the Object 907, so I don't need a medium trainer, and if it's not like the vanilla Matilda, it's probably not that fun.

86 pen on the silver round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Rincewinds posted:

The most like the vanilla matilda you will get is the Valentine ll. It has poo poo for pen, but great armor and is always top tier.