Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I think that'd be the last nail in the coffin of the current mod system's concept. We already know it's dead, and an "x-only" slot would be acknowledging that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

BarkingSquirrel posted:

So does my 100+ of almost each T4 key type where I bring 3 people then I make a sandwich.
The lower tier keys are the ones in higher demand in many respects due to the fact you couldn't just grind rep for a pack before. With that said, I thought my 80+ T2S keys were excessive :stare:

Time is money, and I've got a lot more money than time. But I totally just make some tea while I have my Nekros hit 3 twice, shoot at anything (Amprex means I don't need to aim), and repeat.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Terbulus posted:

its assumed to be a new mod only usable in pvp

That would make sense if there were a stealth-based CTF mode (DE WHY DOES THIS NOT EXIST) instead of space-Alterac-Valley.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They are, in fact, adding CTF to replace the current PvP system.

There'll be way less mods available in PvP and I strongly suspect none of the usual suspects (+Duration, +Efficiency, etc) will make the cut.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How's the Latron Prime? I kind of want to find a primary weapon and stick with it for a while. I know the Boltor Prime and Soma Prime are god-tier weapons but I kind of want to use something a little different. I enjoyed the Latron a whole lot so I'm curious to know how the Prime version stacks up and if it's worth putting Formas in to for a person who hasn't really done much of that yet.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Jimbot posted:

How's the Latron Prime? I kind of want to find a primary weapon and stick with it for a while. I know the Boltor Prime and Soma Prime are god-tier weapons but I kind of want to use something a little different. I enjoyed the Latron a whole lot so I'm curious to know how the Prime version stacks up and if it's worth putting Formas in to for a person who hasn't really done much of that yet.

I really like the Latron Prime, it doesn't take much to make it good.

e: my biggest complaint with it is frequent reloading which isn't that big of an issue at all, just slap Fast Hands on there and the reloads are tolerable

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 15, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I prefer full auto weapons, but the Latron Prime isn't bad at all. It's certainly worth getting.

YellerBill posted:

e: my biggest complaint with it is frequent reloading which isn't that big of an issue at all, just slap Fast Hands on there and the reloads are tolerable

I feel like reload times across the board could do with a little rehashing. You'd think highly skilled space assassins would be good enough with weapons not to take five drat seconds reloading. Doesn't sound like much, but when you're frantically trying to refill your clip so you don't get perforated by a wave on Defense...

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 15, 2015

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
I bought a new warframe how do I change to it?

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
nevermind, just figured it out. It says I get a reactor, though. What do I do with that?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
The reactor can be plugged into the warframe to double its mod capacity. To do so, go to the mod-equipping screen for the warframe and click 'action' in the bottom right.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

NakedWithCandy posted:

nevermind, just figured it out. It says I get a reactor, though. What do I do with that?

https://azmytheconomics.wordpress.com/2013/09/20/warframe-beginner-guide/

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Their new PVP direction is(i hope) basically building an entirely new game using Warframe assets. I can't imagine it being worse than the current pvp, and it's definitely the right way to do something as dumb as making a PVE game into a PVP one, but this is still a terrible idea that's never worked before.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

What is this? The wiki is clueless.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dunno. From what it looked like it's Warframe except PvP, CTF and with strict balance limits. Many of the systems we take for granted are still there. Frames still have powers, movement still works the same as PvE, weapons still handle the same, and so on.

It's not gonna be a PvP game, but nothing wrong with a little sideshow.

(I don't buy the idea making a PvP mode outta a PvE game is inherently impossible)

hooah posted:

What is this? The wiki is clueless.

Handspring

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Kyte posted:

(I don't buy the idea making a PvP mode outta a PvE game is inherently impossible)

To be completely fair, it isn't impossible- but you have to do it right, and it really helps an absolute fuckton if you included the drat PVP from the start instead of shoehorning it over things later. DE is not doing it right.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Well they don't have a time machine they can't 'do it right' if that involves adding it from the beginning.

But they're certainly willing to keep trying until they get it right.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'd have less an objection to that if they'd done from the very beginning what they claim they're doing now, i.e keeping PvP and PvE wholly separate instead of nerfing/buffing/loving over Frames (Ember) in the name of balancing for player versus player.

Yes, they don't have a time machine, but this is too little too late.

I will admit that I detest PvP on principle. If I wanted to compete against other players in my vidyagames, I'd play Call of Duty or Starcraft or MoH or any of the other myriad poo poo with PvP added from the start instead of tacked on later.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Warframe would translate very well into a moba system in its as is state, ironically enough.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xv2vKaQPyM

I think you'll enjoy this Malachite :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Limbo Agile stance is the best stance. :quagmire:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
DE seem to have learned their lesson about PVP in PVE and are instead going to have three people try to build a mechanically new game out of Warframe's assets.

Dyvenix
Oct 18, 2012
Does the PvP rework mean they are going to undo the nerfs and other general fuckery done to try and "balance" the PvP they tacked on?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ahahaha, you wish.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Dyvenix posted:

Does the PvP rework mean they are going to undo the nerfs and other general fuckery done to try and "balance" the PvP they tacked on?

They decided, only now, to make it so cold mods do more than 60% damage, even though 90% cold mods have been available for months, so these were literally useless. Do not hold your breath.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Well I found some new stuff.

Transmutation Core
Used in the transmutation process to guarantee that the polarity of the resultant mod matches this cores polarity without credit cost.

PLACEHOLDER SEKHARA (PrototypeRaidSekharaName)
TONBO (FlowerPowerPolearmName) (It finally got a name! I think it's gonna be a naginata)
During the darkest days of the Old War many a Tenno relied solely on the Tonbo to keep them alive.
PLACEHOLDER (PunctureGlaiveName)
PROTO-GLAIVE SKIN (I hope they rerelease the Proto Armor again)
PLACEHOLDER (GrnWindUpPistolName)

Invite is for another profile. Accepting will cause a loss of any unsaved progress. Do you want to proceed (ConfirmInviteOtherProfile) (This one has me curious. I can't figure out what it could be)

Conclave
[Temp] Bound by honor to put their skills to the test.
[TEMP] Access to Common Conclave Mods
[TEMP] Access to Uncommon Conclave Mods
[TEMP] Access to Rare Conclave Mods
[TEMP] Contender
[TEMP] Fighter
[TEMP] Gladiator

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 15, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I hope it has a big key you turn a bunch to reload it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNJeS6O6ds

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'd have less an objection to that if they'd done from the very beginning what they claim they're doing now, i.e keeping PvP and PvE wholly separate instead of nerfing/buffing/loving over Frames (Ember) in the name of balancing for player versus player.

Why do people keep assuming Ember was changed because of PvP? It literally makes no goddamn sense.

Azran posted:

They decided, only now, to make it so cold mods do more than 60% damage, even though 90% cold mods have been available for months, so these were literally useless. Do not hold your breath.

There'd never been 90% cold mods, man.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Kyte posted:

Why do people keep assuming Ember was changed because of PvP? It literally makes no goddamn sense.

Whoops, I mean - every other elemental mod was at 90% already (except I think Molten Strike). Then they released the event mods which were just flat out BETTER and they never bothered to change the cold ones to the new standard.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Kyte posted:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Cold_Damage

Am I just hallucinating North Wind and the other three, then?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Cold_Damage

Am I just hallucinating North Wind and the other three, then?

If you look at this old version the pistol and melee mods were 60%.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Reading comprehension is hard :downsgun:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kyte posted:

Maybe because World on Fire was literal "I Win" button in PvP for a while. Not saying that's actually why it was changed, but it might be a reason why people might think it was.

Kyte posted:

Rifle and shotgun cold mods both went to 90% prior to the change. Pistol and melee only went to 60%. Melee also had the extra kick in the dick of Shocking Touch only going to 60%.

Edit: You probably already knew this, but I think you may have misunderstood Azran's original meaning.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 15, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I actually forgot only some mods were stuck at 60%.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gonna take a little break from this game before I burn out.

Also PVP is stupid, unbalanced but still fun when you have all this stupid poo poo coming along, like me getting hit in the face with a spore sack.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I've come to a point where I'm becoming okay with the idea of giving this company some money. I've got a 20% off coupon from a log-in award- should I make a move or do they come any higher?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They come in 20, 50, and 75% off varieties, but unless you're that one guy with a horseshoe up his rear end you'll never see the 75 often enough to matter. I'd wait for the 50, but considering I get the bulk of my Plat from buying the Prime Accesses...

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
The relays are finally available for PS4. I only wish enough people are still playing so we can keep at least half of them.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Understanding posted:

The relays are finally available for PS4. I only wish enough people are still playing so we can keep at least half of them.

Don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
I'd like to at least see what they look like before Uncle Hek blows them away.