Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lol imagine a Fusilier fire team all letting rip with +1B and BS15.

good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
What could possibly go wrong?

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing or everything, depending on which end of that exchange you're on.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8L4Muxn7Q
Exclusive Infinity Preview - Ariadna TankHunter with AP HMG

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Flipswitch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8L4Muxn7Q
Exclusive Infinity Preview - Ariadna TankHunter with AP HMG

Ariadna is basically the raddest. :ussr:

dimi
Oct 15, 2014

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Rules Q: a model is considered in cover if 33% of it is obscured - in any way, correct? So I can hang a guy halfway around a corner and gain cover?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Short Skill: Lean Out. son!

Edit: Or maybe its a long skill. Either way.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dimi posted:

Rules Q: a model is considered in cover if 33% of it is obscured - in any way, correct? So I can hang a guy halfway around a corner and gain cover?

Yes.

Chance II posted:

Short Skill: Lean Out. son!
Entire order!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Lean out is only used when your on top of a building and want to shoot down right? Also you do not benefit from cover using lean out that way unless you are prone

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Well I played that completely wrong.

dimi
Oct 15, 2014

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
If there's anything i'm learning about infinity it's that everyone plays everything wrong but it's still pretty fun

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are a lot of noobs jumping into the game who were waiting for the new edition, and a whole host of little things changed. So right now, we have a lot of noobs learning the game and the vets who are trying to unlearn a similar game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man, I wish the Squalo had an Lt HGL option. You'd probably have to bump it up some SWC again or some poo poo but it's such a shame. Great TAG otherwise.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know... being able to run something like:

Squalo HGL Lt.
4 Fusilier FO

at 150 might be a little much.

FO is a Burst 2 BS attack, so you can use a combined order to pretty much guarantee targeting something, or you can run them as a link team since that list would qualify for NCA sectorial. Once something is targeted, it's a snap to then blast the crap out of it without ever putting the Squalo in LoF.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 10, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You can still dodge the HGL out of LOF. That list would be terrible at 150 and no different to any other TAG gimmick 150 list.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flipswitch posted:

You can still dodge the HGL out of LOF. That list would be terrible at 150 and no different to any other TAG gimmick 150 list.

Unless there is a separate ruling. Negative. Dodge Requires LoF to the model shooting you. p 55.

Otherwise, yes, 5 orders is a lovely pie no matter how you slice it.

Looks like with Sat-Lock you can use Pathfinders to Target things in their Sensor Range without having LoF and actually bombard things while never exposing a model to LoF... cool.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 11, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
HGL is a (terminal) template, which means you get a dodge even without LoF (though it's at -3).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

osirisisdead posted:

Unless there is a separate ruling. Negative. Dodge Requires LoF to the model shooting you. p 55.
Read Impact Template Weapons. You can dodge any template out of LOF at PH-3. This is why I've been repeatedly saying that the new Spec Fire rules aren't the end of the world.

e;fb :argh:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 11, 2015

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gotcha. We're on the same page. Still... a Face to Face PH -3 vs. an effective BS 18 (15+3 for Targeted) isn't something to sneeze at...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Still have to pass the targeting roll and spend the orders to do so, like, HGLs are good which is why they're so restrictive but I wouldn't make the claim that having a 100pt model sitting back and doing only that is anywhere near OP.

Sat-Lock is even more questionable because it's WIP-6.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flipswitch posted:

Still have to pass the targeting roll and spend the orders to do so, like, HGLs are good which is why they're so restrictive but I wouldn't make the claim that having a 100pt model sitting back and doing only that is anywhere near OP.

Sat-Lock is even more questionable because it's WIP-6.

But is it a Normal roll? So roll a 7 or under with no response from the enemy?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
And it might be worth it on a really difficult-to-dislodge target, but if you're using that to kill cheerleaders then you're going to run out of orders before they run out of bodies. And then they'll come murder your dudes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

osirisisdead posted:

But is it a Normal roll? So roll a 7 or under with no response from the enemy?
Yup, but you've got to be in ZOC to do so, so burning those orders to get to the target and then burning orders to pass a roll with a 35% success rate. It's a nice skill but it's far more marginal than it looks on paper, at least in my experience.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I wouldn't even bother with using forward observing with that gimmick team.
You'll have to spend 1-2 orders for each targeted result and risk losing those orders permanently from AROs.
I'd just take the -6 to hit and shoot 6 times each turn. It still works on 9 or less and is much less risky.
FO:s are pretty useful for completing missions after you crush your enemies.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Going to do our first icestorm game this weekend! I am pretty pumped for it.

If a model activates in your Zone of control, but you don't have LOF to it, do you still get an ARO?

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Exmond posted:

Going to do our first icestorm game this weekend! I am pretty pumped for it.

If a model activates in your Zone of control, but you don't have LOF to it, do you still get an ARO?

Only certain AROs can be performed if they are in your zone of control but not in LoS.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress yo case

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Now that is a great gun. Much better version than the one Azra'il is carrying.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
Has anyone used Rodoks yet? I want to run a full link of them in an upcoming game and was wondering what experiences they had with them. Or just Super-Jump troop tips in general would be cool too.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

gently caress yo case

Is it me or does that gun look a little limp?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Z the IVth posted:

It does!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Please, it's embarrassing for him as it is, you don't need to point it out.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
He does look so casual about it. "I guess I have to shoot that guy, meh."

No wonder he's not projecting...tumescence.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
gently caress that tankhunter is amazing. Bring on the alguaciles!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
...I want a Zhanying. And a box of Rodoks. Because my backlog clearly isn't big enough.

(bought the new CA and Morat starters today. :homebrew:)

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Pierzak posted:

(bought the new CA and Morat starters today. :homebrew:)

Good choices. I'll be dropping a few Rodok link team lists later this weekend. Hoping for a Suryat or Rodok box to drop sometime soonish.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Comrade Merf posted:

Good choices.
It was actually more of a "the only stuff from the CA range I don't already have" thing :v:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I ordered the CA starter before christmas, and 30. January they replied telling me they'd get a new one in a week :(

Also, this game is really hard to learn. I just can't get my head around the order mechanic and deploy accordingly.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
I wish the Morats had some more stuff with Sensor besides the one remote. Would make sense with the whole hunting being a major part of their culture and them hating sneaky stuff. Pretty much all my opponents bring at least 3 Camo guys with mines every match and taking Yaogats in every list is getting boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How many MSVs do Morats have? I realised I actually have no idea what the anti-camo options are to MAF.

• Locked thread