Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Ciaphas posted:

Do they ever actually explain trapping in MH4U? I know how it goes but buggered if I've ever seen anyone mention it.

While I'm asking daft questions, do I just want to go on Expeditions to gather poo poo or just walk out the door or what?

If you tell them you need tutorials, they explain trapping during the first required trap quest offline (gendrome? I think it's Gendrome)

And expeditions are nice for certain things (insect nectar, rust gear), but otherwise you're probably better off with the gathering quests if you just need a bunch of random mats. They're more predictable, and you'll know where all the gathering points are, which speeds things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

alarumklok posted:

Good, gently caress those.

Relics are really cool. I found a lightning gunlance and switched over from gunner to use it and it's loving kickin' rad. I guess you can't craft them into new poo poo, just upgrade them with armor spheres? Still, a rare 3 with elemental damage when I'm just crafting lovely rare 2s is pretty handy.

Oh? Do you know for sure that we can't upgrade rusted items along a path?

edit: also is slime/blast still outrageously powerful? I just saw the kelbi slingshot on the wiki.

Colapops fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 15, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Elysiume posted:

The wiki lists which quests are required to progress for both village quests and guild quests.

The Wiki is good for info in general but it's undergoing renovation for onvious reasons so names on the wiki may not lineup with those in your game.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Does 4 ease you into the game better than past entries?
Yes. A lot better. They explain almost everything this time while in 3U, it was mostly "Here's the quest, have fun."

The new attacks on the greatsword are amazing. Everything drops so fast. :allears:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Colapops posted:

Oh? Do you know for sure that we can't upgrade rusted items along a path?

edit: also is slime/blast still outrageously powerful? I just saw the kelbi slingshot on the wiki.

I'm not far enough along to be able to state 100%, but right now I'm just getting armor sphere upgrades to my lance and that's been it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a good babby's first gunner armor set I should be getting into out of the default clothes?

Jaggi still has reload boosting, Velo has become the general 'good for low rank life' armor, pick your dinosaur poison.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
...Gore Magala is just FF9 Bahamut. I'm okay with this.

Can the Seltas Queen just summon an infinite number of Seltas? Seems like a pretty good way to farm them up. Also, I've saved the Rath couple until now. It's gonna be super satisfying knocking Rathalos out of the god drat air via Glaive jumping, isn't it?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Reasons MH4U is game of the year 2015: the cookin' steak jingle

Reason MH4U is poo poo-tier: what kind of caveman thinks a well done steak is better than rare t:mad:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jaggi still has reload boosting, Velo has become the general 'good for low rank life' armor, pick your dinosaur poison.

Thanks, I'll look into murdering some Jaggis. Do you get G. Jaggi stuff from the weapon training quests?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Chimera-gui posted:

The Wiki is good for info in general but it's undergoing renovation for onvious reasons so names on the wiki may not lineup with those in your game.
The names don't line up (and some don't even have English) but from what I've seen the quests all match. If the wiki says I need to kill a Tesucabra, the fact that the name of the quest is 鬼蛙テツカブラの狩猟 isn't going to throw me off the trail.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks, I'll look into murdering some Jaggis. Do you get G. Jaggi stuff from the weapon training quests?
No, you don't get any carves from those, just First Aids.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ciaphas posted:

Reasons MH4U is game of the year 2015: the cookin' steak jingle

Reason MH4U is poo poo-tier: what kind of caveman thinks a well done steak is better than rare t:mad:

Nope, tried that, just get first aids because I guess the arena likes to gently caress with you by stuffing their monsters with lovely items instead.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the cat armors are adorable and i am going to make every single one even though i am just going to use the animal crossing ones when they come out. also is there any way to get more super mushrooms to make the other mario bro suit

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Boy I'm a big dumb idiot. I fought wrestlefrog (:rip: wrestledog ludroth, you were too royal for this world) a lot in the demo and that huge rock he pulls out of the ground just seemed to be cover. Turns out it has other uses!

time is a wastin posted:

Where do I get some vivid feathers in 4u? Qurepecos still?
Talk to Wycoon, he'll trade them to you for other monster materials. There's a lot of gear in MH4U that you can only get this way since the associated monsters didn't make it in.

Sard fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 16, 2015

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nope, tried that, just get first aids because I guess the arena likes to gently caress with you by stuffing their monsters with lovely items instead.

They're animatronic monster replicas, they use first aid drinks instead of oil. That's why you flex after you drink them, they're literally robot fuel and so you feel like a champion.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

alarumklok posted:

I'm not far enough along to be able to state 100%, but right now I'm just getting armor sphere upgrades to my lance and that's been it.

For that excavated stuff that's the only way you can power them up. Most will give you a flat attack boost per armor sphere upgrade, a few rarity levels raise crit chance instead IIRC. No matter how much you power them up sharpness levels, elemental levels, bullet types for guns, etc will never change. Generally only excavated weapons with the highest rarity levels are worth bothering with for this reason--you can never really drastically improve any of them past the state you first find them in.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

time is a wastin posted:

Quropeco isn't a thing anymore, but if you progress in the story you can trade another monsters parts for his. I don't remember which part it is that becomes feathers, though.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Is there a way to reset all my shoutouts back to the default?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why can't I get any stupid Gypceros heads god dammit

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Lemming posted:

I know :negative:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
When can I make my catfriend better armor?

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
In online play, do I really need to return to my house to change weapons?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Mithross posted:

Quropeco isn't a thing anymore, but if you progress in the story you can trade another monsters parts for his. I don't remember which part it is that becomes feathers, though.

You need Kecha Pelts, all of Qurupeco's parts require Kecha Wacha parts with the exception of Crimson Peco Fellwings which require Purple Gypceros Fellwings.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

You need Kecha Pelts, all of Qurupeco's parts require Kecha Wacha parts with the exception of Crimson Peco Fellwings which require Purple Gypceros Fellwings.

Excellent thank u :worship:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Awesome! posted:

the cat armors are adorable and i am going to make every single one even though i am just going to use the animal crossing ones when they come out. also is there any way to get more super mushrooms to make the other mario bro suit

There will be (assuming they don't change it from the JPN version) a DLC quest against two congalalas. One's red, one's green, they have mushrooms held in their tails.

After enough time, they use with the mushroom, becoming gigantic and playing the mario mushroom sound.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Elysiume posted:

When can I make my catfriend better armor?

i forget it's like the 2nd or 3rd place. im only at 4 star quests so not that far

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I never want underwater fighting back and I never want climbing and jumping to leave

E: Although monster hunter cannonballs........

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

jymbojones posted:

How do you upgrade Meat at the kitchen? All my other ingredients are at 1 or 2 stars, but meat is still at base level. I found some guide that said it was a HR2 quest for popo tongues, but I don't seem to have it. Is that the right quest and if-so, what's the pre-requisite?

I'm curious about this as well. I'm comparing my quest list to the one on the wiki and I just don't have that quest.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

This but goddamn frills, come on Jaggi give up your frill.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Where can I get Flame Sacs? I'm in the third village right now and would like to craft the Quropeco Switchaxe.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
What weapon/item can I use to get some easy monster fluid? The mobs that drop it smash into a million bug pieces and I need 2 of them so bad to upgrade my rocket hammer.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

KonvexKonkav posted:

Where can I get Flame Sacs? I'm in the third village right now and would like to craft the Quropeco Switchaxe.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/flame-sac

Best chance looks to be doing Close Coal (C5 or GH3) and capturing the gravios.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What weapon/item can I use to get some easy monster fluid? The mobs that drop it smash into a million bug pieces and I need 2 of them so bad to upgrade my rocket hammer.

Any bug monster drops fluids like other monsters drop tears, just beat the poo poo out of a big bug and scoop their fluids.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Poison bombs

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Just ordered a 3DS XL just for MH4. Continues my trend of buying a console solely for this poo poo. Time to reinstall IRC and get back on the horse.

Watch the gently caress out, Emalde.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

DaNerd posted:

Just ordered a 3DS XL just for MH4. Continues my trend of buying a console solely for this poo poo. Time to reinstall IRC and get back on the horse.
Are you going to make basarios' set??

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Using a bowgun that can shoot poison shots and bringing some poison bombs (toadstool + bomb casing) is the best way.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

KonvexKonkav posted:

I know you can get Flame Sacs from Kut-Ku in expeditions/Guild quests, and Rathian which is a 4* village quest that someone gives you.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Fairly certain those rolling bugs also drop fluid, and you can't crush them like the bnahabras etc.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

DaNerd posted:

Watch the gently caress out, Emalde.

ghost of br past

megalodong posted:

Fairly certain those rolling bugs also drop fluid, and you can't crush them like the bnahabras etc.

Yeah, Fluid/Broth can be carved from Konchu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

megalodong posted:

They can, but I want to say that bananaramas have a better drop rate? That might be anecdotal, though.

• Locked thread