Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Oedzi's on sabbatical to Catpeopletopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Hah, I found my old phone with the security key for my old account. That sure is 3000 cartel coins.

Edit: Why does my bounty hunter have a massive lisp when I talk to one of these bounty event guys?

Yeah, it's like the VA had dental surgery the day before recording some of the expansion content. I'm glad someone noticed that too, I heard it on oricon and thought I was going nuts.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

Ok cool, was auto transferred there anyway. How big is this game now, taking forever to download and so much is different. Going to be spending the next week learning everything, runs better at least, rolled a new Trooper, might do an agent as well as I recall them having the best story.
I'm on Harbinger as well, but the guild I'm in has been inactive so long that I've been auto-promoted to GM :toot:
EDIT: My Pub-side guild, that is. The Imp-side one has about 400 members

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 15, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I briefly saw someone republic side today. But they were skittish and ran off.

You people should stop being so :godwin: and make some good jedi fearing republic characters, thanks.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

KittyEmpress posted:

You people should stop being so :godwin: and make some good jedi fearing republic characters, thanks.

I'll be making a smuggler at some point. Not sure why there aren't more republic characters, considering I thought most people played for the stories.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 16, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The BH Rail Shot actually sounds cool, whereas the Trooper equivalent sounds like a wet fart.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

That was probably me. I'm usually the only one on our Pub side guild.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

HiveCommander posted:

The BH Rail Shot actually sounds cool, whereas the Trooper equivalent sounds like a wet fart.

:agreed:

In general Imp side animations and effect tend to look cooler than their Pub counterparts. Exception being TK sages with disturbance and turbulence sounding and looking better than lightning spams on sorcs, IMO.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You can't argue with the kick to the nads

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Hulk Smash! posted:

Exception being TK sages with disturbance and turbulence sounding and looking better than lightning spams on sorcs, IMO.

Look at this hilariously wrong opinion. If you don't like spamming lightning at every opportunity...I'll pray for you.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You can't argue with the kick to the nads

The fact it works on druids is a feature, not a bug.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 15, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Look at this hilariously wrong opinion. If you don't like spamming lightning at every opportunity...I'll pray for you.
:pray:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The fact it works on druids is a feature, not a bug.
Hey, druids are people too.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Droids. Whatever. Autocorrect.

Druids in general still need to be kicked in the nuts at all times so I didn't misspeak technically.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I like that autocorrect just corrects you to a fantasy geek instead of a sci fi one.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I've come back after yet another hiatus. I can also invite to both the Imp and Repub guilds. If Oedzi wants to promote me, I'm happy to help out with keeping the guild under cap. Ya'el on Imp and Bunkk on Repub.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hulk Smash! posted:

:agreed:

In general Imp side animations and effect tend to look cooler than their Pub counterparts. Exception being TK sages with disturbance and turbulence sounding and looking better than lightning spams on sorcs, IMO.

Also smuggler animations being way better than agent animations.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone on pubside right now?

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I asked this earlier, but I think it was lost in the other discussions. Or no one cares!

Pub side pot5 is imploding and imps are barely any better, so a friend and I are probably transferring our imp characters off to more populated server. We are looking for sm ops for now. How is jc fleet for that? Hard to find pugs or raiding guilds?

For reference, jc, ebon hawk and harbringer are where we are looking. Harbringer being west coast is the biggest issue with that one.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
As an Assassin is there any reason to use a lightsaber over an electrostaff? Kind of debating picking up the Cathar Warstaff.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
They're essentially the same weapon

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There's no difference between weapon types, it's only cosmetic. The stats are all that matter.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

This double XP weekend is kind of bullshit for new characters. My trooper is already level 10 and has her advanced class but I don't even have my companion yet and I don't think I'm close to getting off the starting planet.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I asked this earlier, but I think it was lost in the other discussions. Or no one cares!

Pub side pot5 is imploding and imps are barely any better, so a friend and I are probably transferring our imp characters off to more populated server. We are looking for sm ops for now. How is jc fleet for that? Hard to find pugs or raiding guilds?

For reference, jc, ebon hawk and harbringer are where we are looking. Harbringer being west coast is the biggest issue with that one.

Someone's almost always organizing something on JC fleet. I can't say whether you'd get even more action on the other servers, but you shouldn't have problems finding people on JC. Finding enough goons specifically might be a problem, since TNG's core raiding group is playing FF14 or like, living life or some poo poo, but there isn't exactly a huge goon presence outside of JC anyway so who cares.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

AlmightyBob posted:

This double XP weekend is kind of bullshit for new characters. My trooper is already level 10 and has her advanced class but I don't even have my companion yet and I don't think I'm close to getting off the starting planet.

It's wonderful at the higher levels. My Powertech was 46 before I was done with Hoth. The only issue is keeping up with mods.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

Yeah it seems weird getting to Coruscant at 14.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

AlmightyBob posted:

You get a fleet pass at 10, don't you? I think you can leave whenever you want...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Did anything special come from that Legacy system thing, or is it still "just" taking away restrictions from certain race/class combos?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Bombogenesis posted:

It's wonderful at the higher levels. My Powertech was 46 before I was done with Hoth. The only issue is keeping up with mods.

Yeah I remember at launch being kind of underleveled around Tattooine.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They're essentially the same weapon

Ainsley McTree posted:

There's no difference between weapon types, it's only cosmetic. The stats are all that matter.

Totally missed these, but thanks for the quick answers. Picked up the Warstaff from the store along with the 41 power crystal and suddenly enjoy stabbing things so much more.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

If anyone needs an invite to either guild, I'm usually on after 7PM EST for a few hours. Post your character name in the thread along with what faction, and I'll do my best to get to you if someone else doesn't.

EDIT: Seems all my alts were purged. At least I can still do invites.

Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 16, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jedi posted:

If anyone needs an invite to either guild, I'm usually on after 7PM EST for a few hours. Post your character name in the thread along with what faction, and I'll do my best to get to you if someone else doesn't.

How convenient, I was literally just about to ask about this. I just made my Smuggler, his name is Exephir.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Quick question, in the OP it says:

quote:

Makeb will easily get you to level 55 – there are clickable “GSI support” stations that bolster you to make the planet easy mode no matter your gear.

I don't recall these the first few times I played through Makeb at launch - did they add them later? What do they look like? I only ask because I'm running through it on a semi-undergeared alt and getting wrecked.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jedi posted:

I don't recall these the first few times I played through Makeb at launch - did they add them later? What do they look like? I only ask because I'm running through it on a semi-undergeared alt and getting wrecked.

Yeah they added them last year I think, because no one was going to Makeb (because gently caress Makeb). Definitely click them - and as far as what they look like, it's almost like I included a picture right next to where I talked about them. :)

Edit - Looks like they were added with Strongholds.

The GSI Satellite Support Service is now in open beta testing on Makeb. Once registered with the GSI support satellites, GSI will track your every move and provide you with the following support services:
Gear is now bolstered to a 156 rating while on Makeb, increasing all stats!
When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat.
There is now a 250% boost to exploration Experience while on Makeb.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Jedi posted:

I assume he's talking about the satellite thing that will drop healing nano-probes in combat. You can get the buff at pretty much any of the hubs on the planet. There is also one in the orbital station right near the shuttles. They look like a small antenna I think with a clickable box on them.

efb

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Jedi posted:

Yeah they're new, they're in most outposts and they kinda look like mission terminals I think.

EDIT: :argh:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Jedi posted:

My space jerk trooper is named Jenniferwalters, I'll hop on in a minute.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

(because gently caress Makeb)
This cannot be said enough. I hate Makeb almost as much as Nar Shadda, bit it'll likely change once I run through it with more than one character.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

HiveCommander posted:

This cannot be said enough. I hate Makeb almost as much as Nar Shadda, bit it'll likely change once I run through it with more than one character.

It's soooooo much quicker on Pubside.

It's also ridiculously easier.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

phosdex posted:

Yeah it seems weird getting to Coruscant at 14.

Try getting to Dromund Kaas at 21 :ironicat: I basically skipped the next three planets and only did the story missions, which didn't start rewarding experience until Tattooine.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I took an Inquisitor to level 20 by only doing class missions and 2 flash points. I just took an agent to level 10 by only doing class missions. You can do the class missions, hit level 10, and head to DK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah best thing to do during Double XP is class missions. Save the side missions for your inevitable alts.

• Locked thread