Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
its wack and im not feelin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
So question I had a bit extra cash and bought the camera, what can I do with it? I've got sports friends and that's about all.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I will gladly pay $19.99 for The Order once it hits that price just like Infamous and Knack have if it is actually ~10 hours of Sony Gears of War.

Are people who have now played this game syaing it's like Gears of War? I remember that being an early comparison.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

welll, cancelled my order of the order 1886 (get it?) and going to get doa5 instead, helena’s english voice is so sexy

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Hm, i guess this thing that was supposed to be a really fancy feast dinner is actually a small cat's turd, but I mean I'll stay pay for it and eat it due to being a retarded person

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Losem posted:

So question I had a bit extra cash and bought the camera, what can I do with it? I've got sports friends and that's about all.

According to half of the streams I see on Live From Playstation: Smoke weed with the Playroom robots.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Losem posted:

Stream yourself smoking weed and sitting in a dark room.

If you want viewers smoke weed with a lady in the room.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Order-chat: I let the playthrough run in the background for a couple hours and skipped around for the rest. The 5.5 hours seems pretty accurate, and his playthrough actually features quite a few restarts because of dying and fail states, plus pause screens, so it's realistic and not a speed run. There are quite a few fades to black where there theoretically there could have been edits but storywise there's nothing that can really go there so I think that was just their design choice. The graphics look good and it sounds good, I guess. There is an eerie lack of music throughout which if it were in a film would make it feel like a rough cut.

There are 16 chapters but many of them are 10-15 minutes long (some are 5) and consist of walking, exposition cutscenes, and maybe a QTE or two. There are 6 1/2 missions that are around 40-50 minutes long. These are Gears-of-Wars-ish corridor shooting levels, and play like them: Trafalgar Square, slums, airship, Westminster(1/2), docks, mansion, Westminster again

Oh, the story is basically like the movies League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Van Helsing except more grimdark. And the generic Video Game Story twist: it's in here.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 15, 2015

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Ruddha posted:

Hm, i guess this thing that was supposed to be a really fancy feast dinner is actually a small cat's turd, but I mean I'll stay pay for it and eat it due to being a retarded person

*Camera pans out to reveal the entire games industry has been a litter box full of turds the whole time*

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

That's why i specified people complaining about short campaign modes.

Shooters are pretty much for MP only.
Binary Domain
Inversion
:colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think lost in all this Order nonsense is that people are buying DOA and aren't being shamed for it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Losem posted:

Considering your avatar, using it to scan your face for NBA 2k15 mycareer seems like a no brainer. It's the only reason I bought it and it's trippy as hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i believe that buying it now is a bad idea but if you want to buy it now have fun, gamer.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

*Camera pans out to reveal the entire games industry has been a litter box full of turds the whole time*

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Order-chat: I let the playthrough run in the background for a couple hours and skipped around for the rest. The 5.5 hours seems pretty accurate, and his playthrough actually features quite a few restarts because of dying and fail states, plus pause screens, so it's realistic and not a speed run. There are quite a few fades to black where there theoretically there could have been edits but storywise there's nothing that can really go there so I think that was just their design choice. The graphics look good and it sounds good, I guess. There is an eerie lack of music throughout which if it were in a film would make it feel like a rough cut.

There are 16 chapters but many of them are 10-15 minutes long (some are 5) and consist of walking, exposition cutscenes, and maybe a QTE or two. There are 6 1/2 missions that are around 40-50 minutes long. These are Gears-of-Wars-ish corridor shooting levels, and play like them: Trafalgar Square, slums, airship, Westminster(1/2), docks, mansion, Westminster again

Oh, the story is basically like the movies League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Van Helsing except more grimdark. And the generic Video Game Story twist: it's in here.

Yeah wow, the graphics are stunning. I have some tolerance for crummy shooters and I loving *love* flashy graphics so I'll probably gamefly it at some point. If it's short I can send it right back.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I think lost in all this Order nonsense is that people are buying DOA and aren't being shamed for it.

DOA shaming is like 5 generations old now. I don't think there's anything more that can be said to the person that would endure all that and just now start caring about what other people think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

DOA shaming is like 5 generations old now. I don't think there's anything more that can be said to the person that would endure all that and just now start caring about what other people think.

Huh. DOA shaming is now old enough to have a child that could be dressed provocatively and jiggle around the arena.

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed ad nauseam, but beyond my thumbstick rubber wearing off I'm having a more serious issue of my L3 button performing erratically. I know this has been discussed all over the place but I haven't seen much about a solution. Controller is out of warranty so I have to fix it myself. Is it enough to just get new sticks and swap them out? Or is the L3 problem a more serious issue?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Joey Donuts posted:

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed ad nauseam, but beyond my thumbstick rubber wearing off I'm having a more serious issue of my L3 button performing erratically. I know this has been discussed all over the place but I haven't seen much about a solution. Controller is out of warranty so I have to fix it myself. Is it enough to just get new sticks and swap them out? Or is the L3 problem a more serious issue?

Just do the online chat, they never asked me about any warranty information and sent a new one right away.

It's not a stick issue so replacing them wont help.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

e: i misread that guy's post nvm! but uhhh, the order is really bad.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Joey Donuts posted:

You should look into kontrolfreek for the rubber wearing off issue.

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.

Athanatos posted:

Just do the online chat, they never asked me about any warranty information and sent a new one right away.

It's not a stick issue so replacing them wont help.

I've tried twice. Both instances they asked a bunch of dumb questions and then denied me when I said I didn't have an original receipt.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
The Order only being short is awesome because it comes out on before a weekend (which is super loving rare) and then Dying Light comes out the week after which means I'll be able to play and finish it before the next game comes out which is something that rarely happens

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When the hell is there going to be a PS4 HBO app anyway? Jeez.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Samurai Sanders posted:

Part of me thinks one will be released suspiciously one exact year after the Xbox One one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Still waiting for HBO Go to go subscription based.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, that too.

Also on the PS3, the app doesn't support my TV remote via HDMI control. It's the only app left that I use that doesn't.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk what to think of the Order if we're now getting impressions from neogaf, the biggest retard convention of bitter joyless "gamers" are there actually any impressions yet from anyone who isn't human garbage

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Just watch gameplay vids. It's poo poo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm skipping around through the various parts of that playthrough, and after stopping at least seven different places, I have not seen a single gameplay part.

edit: never mind, on part 9 I finally found one. I guess if you like hiding behind things and sometimes shooting at people, it looks decent.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 16, 2015

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

I said come in! posted:

I didn't know that. I got hbonordic.com with everything HBO related + a ton of movies for $10 a month and I always figured it was the same in the US.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I know it was a few pages back and I was probably 12 when I played it, but I don't remember Metal Gear Solid (the one for ps1) being too ridiculous. I also remember it being amazing and can't wait to play my ground zeros demo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

snodig posted:

I didn't know that. I got hbonordic.com with everything HBO related + a ton of movies for $10 a month and I always figured it was the same in the US.
No, here HBO is married to the traditional market of cable television. Apparently it's about to get divorced though.

edit: Amazon's video service has non-current HBO content available though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

rear end Catchcum posted:

I know it was a few pages back and I was probably 12 when I played it, but I don't remember Metal Gear Solid (the one for ps1) being too ridiculous. I also remember it being amazing and can't wait to play my ground zeros demo.

MGS1 was just as insane as the others mostly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I hope all those games go on sale before Phantom Pain comes out. I suppose I should finish Peace Walker and play Ground Zeroes, but not at $20 each.

edit: vvv I think there's a perception, true or not, that resources that went into making a very expensive bad game could have gone into one or more good games instead, and the game biz would be better off for it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 16, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I'm actually not going to buy the order but I still think it's funny how people get mad at others people choices of videogames and/or videogame consoles.

Let people buy whatever they want who gives a poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

rear end Catchcum posted:

It had a lot of fourth-wall breaking, like putting the dual shock on yourself to receive a massage and one of the bosses reading your memory card.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

El Hefe posted:

I'm actually not going to buy the order but I still think it's funny how people get mad at others people choices of videogames and/or videogame consoles.

Let people buy whatever they want who gives a poo poo

Let people make fun of who they want to, grow up

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ruddha posted:

Let people make fun of who they want to, grow up

Tell that to the Xbox one is bad thread

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

idk what to think of the Order if we're now getting impressions from neogaf, the biggest retard convention of bitter joyless "gamers" are there actually any impressions yet from anyone who isn't human garbage

Well you're not going to find any here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Samurai Sanders posted:

I hope all those games go on sale before Phantom Pain comes out. I suppose I should finish Peace Walker and play Ground Zeroes, but not at $20 each.

Ground Zeroes was like $7 with plus not long ago, surely it'll be cheap again soon

• Locked thread