Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
i just blitzed seasons 4 and 5 and then read this entire thread and oh my god Walking Dead is loving rubbish and i can't stop watching as i need to know who dies next god drat

For research I just rewatched S1E1 and it is half decent. It's amusing seeing Rick looking so cleancut. However bit weird seeing the Walkers trying to open the top of the tank, as opposed to their aimless meandering we see them do.

Also put me down as someone who thinks it was great Season 1 and then got worse and worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Same. When Darabont was running things was literally the only time the show was GOOD.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I actually liked Season 2 :ohdear:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
This show is loving rad. If you all hate it why do you bother watching it? Even more so, why post here?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This show is loving rad. If you all hate it why do you bother watching it? Even more so, why post here?

I enjoyed Season 4 and the beginning of Season 5 enough, but I thought this episode was really boring and bad. That's my intriguing story.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

it's the hope that kills you

and then you turn

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Last season's excuse was "there's nothing else to do" which is funny because there's always video games or pooping or closing your head in a door.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Surlaw posted:

It's better

than this thread 👻

It's definitely not.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

There's usually a good ep or two a season. The rest are comically bad. Nothin' else on Sundays so why not. Gotta watch something while the laundry dries.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Except for the pilot, which mostly owned, the frank darabont episodes are the worst episodes of the show. I might even call them frank daradont episodes.

women folk: we are but humble women folk, tending to our womens work.

redneck: dont ya flap them gums at me while im beatin ma wife

shane: no one hits women on my watch! but me! morally conflicted bad boy here

racist: if i had to sum myself up I'd say my likes are meth and erratic behavior, dislikes are blacks and handcuffs

black guy: i passively accept your racism, to endere the racist audience to me as one of the goo.... ah gently caress im bleeding. oh ya they named me t-dawg lol

mexicans: eyyy esssay, we know what you mean. we're just some vatos trying to protect our abuelitas, guess we're not so different you and aye yai yai

cdc guy *whisper*: did you ever see that show LOST?

SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED

also, if it wasn't clear, i called it daradont with dont in the end cause you dont want to watch them.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

When I start something, I finish it :colbert: (example: :lost:)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

PaganGoatPants posted:

When I start something, I finish it :colbert: (example: :lost:)

Me too, but counterpoint: Sons of Anarchy

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I hope tonight's a Eugene episode

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Surlaw posted:

It's better

than this thread 👻
Damning with the faintest praise imaginable?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Highly Unnecessary posted:

Is the show actually better now or is the thread title just a quote?

I think it's great and staying good. The hospital was a little uneven but that's over.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Because this show doesn't have to be poo poo and there's brief moments where I feel like it's finally not gonna be poo poo and well there's nothing else on tv that I am watching at the moment

It comes from mostly good and interesting source material and every time they get close to mirroring it its good but for some reason they don't try and do that as much as they should

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 16, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Last week's was the first insultingly bad episode in a while.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

savinhill posted:

I hope tonight's a Eugene episode

Logically, it should be. They're deciding to go to DC, which was his idea, so he should be taking the lead on what to do now.

But this is The Walking Dead, so that probably won't happen. :(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

Logically, it should be. They're deciding to go to DC, which was his idea, so he should be taking the lead on what to do now.

But this is The Walking Dead, so that probably won't happen. :(

Well everyone hates him now so it doesn't matter what he says.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Surlaw posted:

Last season's excuse was "there's nothing else to do" which is funny because there's always video games or pooping or closing your head in a door.

None of those are as fun as watching a show try and be artsy and mature in the most immature way possible.

Pooping is okay though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

oh ya they named me t-dawg lol

That was so dumb. By the way, just out of curiosity, how many of you comic book guys thought he was supposed to be Tyreese when he first appeared?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Except for the pilot, which mostly owned, the frank darabont episodes are the worst episodes of the show. I might even call them frank daradont episodes.

women folk: we are but humble women folk, tending to our womens work.

redneck: dont ya flap them gums at me while im beatin ma wife

shane: no one hits women on my watch! but me! morally conflicted bad boy here

racist: if i had to sum myself up I'd say my likes are meth and erratic behavior, dislikes are blacks and handcuffs

black guy: i passively accept your racism, to endere the racist audience to me as one of the goo.... ah gently caress im bleeding. oh ya they named me t-dawg lol

mexicans: eyyy esssay, we know what you mean. we're just some vatos trying to protect our abuelitas, guess we're not so different you and aye yai yai

cdc guy *whisper*: did you ever see that show LOST?

SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED

also, if it wasn't clear, i called it daradont with dont in the end cause you dont want to watch them.

Yeah, I suppose a show that's supposed to last however many seasons where the characters grow is supposed to go from first meeting to final product in one season. Then they can focus on breeding the perfect race

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Those first 6 episodes were pretty weak, it got better though in the second season. CDC guy had like the best base ever, but he decided it should be exploded instead.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This episode is poo poo. Jesus has it gone downhill.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

This episode is poo poo. Jesus has it gone downhill.

1 minute in and someone is already calling it poo poo. A new record!

Or were you talking about last week?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TMMadman posted:

:joke:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This ep.

But the last ep will be hard to beat.

e; beaten :joke:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
So did Glenn die offscreen, or did Maggie like Tyreese that much?

Eww, Daryl, use those to catch a fish, not to eat!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

drat Daryl find some squirrels :stare:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I knew, I still wanted to call it out.

Mainly because I was going to make the exact same joke. :argh:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I'm willing to go back to the big bang and call this episode poo poo already. It's a pretty safe bet.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Symbolic frog

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Tyreese was a frog all along!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

An episode where nothing happens but thirsty people hobbling around. Got it. Great change from last week.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I cant believe its taken 5 seasons before we are presented with starvation or dying of thirst :cripes:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Can eating old frogs be any worse than worms? Seems like they could smoke them and make frog jerky or something.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

MariusLecter posted:

Tyreese was a frog all along!

Tonight on the Walking Dead: The Governor returns to life and turns Tyreese into a toad. Eugene takes him to Washington to cure him.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Hexel posted:

I cant believe its taken 5 seasons before we are presented with starvation or dying of thirst :cripes:

Well without Shane around a water shortage hasn't really been a problem.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, here's my question. Why can't they find any game around? Surely, the deer population couldn't have gone extinct in the past two years. I can't imagine that a zombie could catch a deer unless it was wounded/stuck, so there should still be plenty of them around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Daryl eating that worm is honestly the most disgusting thing I think I've seen on this show. Eww.

• Locked thread