Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

JawKnee posted:

hoo okay so Weapon Animation Replacers is not playing nice with the enhanced camera mod, specifically with pistols. Also I just realized that my character in 3rd person doesn't bring any weapon up to aim when I hold the right mouse button (both before and after replacing animations), I wonder what's doing that.

Do you have the WAR - Enhanced Camera Compatibility Pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
No, but my problem was/is with pistols - which that mod hasn't changed anything for yet according to the author's notes

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Also just removed EVE and my sights issue and the problems with WAR are gone. It sucks losing the textures as well as the enhanced visuals, guess I'll try and find some energy weapon retextures

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My weapons started disappearing completely with WAR :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JawKnee posted:

No, but my problem was/is with pistols - which that mod hasn't changed anything for yet according to the author's notes

it works for pistols. the dude who made the mod just also made some custom animations for rifles, and didn't for pistols.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

it works for pistols. the dude who made the mod just also made some custom animations for rifles, and didn't for pistols.

I'll give it a try, but it looks like it was WAR conflicting with EVE, and not the camera mod as I initially thought. Regular pistols were fine, energy pistols were hosed

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JawKnee posted:

I'll give it a try, but it looks like it was WAR conflicting with EVE, and not the camera mod as I initially thought. Regular pistols were fine, energy pistols were hosed

yep, war's first person animations fucks up energy weapons. just use the third person and you can use them fine. with the enhanced camera war compatibility patch, you don't even lose out on the first person animations.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 16, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Roobanguy posted:

What ENB/shaders are you using?

I'm going to recommend ADAM: A Definitive Armor Mod, which has really nice hi-res skins for NCR Ranger Combat Armor and all other riot gear armors, and adds a few riot gear variants of its own. The visors of the riot gear helmets glow just like in the intro cutscene and promo art.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 16, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

What ENB/shaders are you using?

no idea, those pictures are from like september july, and I uninstalled the game at some point in between then and now.

it might be apex, i think that was popular at the time.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 16, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

holy poo poo that Enhanced Camera WAR compatability mod is terrible. It didn't fix the issues with EVE/WAR (which I didn't really expect it to), but man watching your gun wag all over the screen when you run anywhere is incredibly annoying, and your character starts fingering their gun like they're suffering from some kind of anxiety disorder.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JawKnee posted:

holy poo poo that Enhanced Camera WAR compatability mod is terrible. It didn't fix the issues with EVE/WAR (which I didn't really expect it to), but man watching your gun wag all over the screen when you run anywhere is incredibly annoying, and your character starts fingering their gun like they're suffering from some kind of anxiety disorder.

get the older version. i dont remember which, but it just uses the base war animations.

e: or maybe its just using the provided ini to get them. hmmm.

double e: apparently i still have the mods in my mod organizer folder. i don't think i actually installed the compatibility mod, but instead took the ini that was in it and replaced the default enhanced camera ini. i think that gives you the third person animations in first person. just to note, for most assault rifles and the like, you cant really see them while you are standing still because your arms are down at your waist. same thing for most of the pistol poses too.

triple e: just checked, its just the ini you need.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 16, 2015

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for the op. Threw a bunch of stuff from it together to make it look pretty without too many issues and with some qol improvements like weapon variety, weight, and speed increases hooked me on a game I gave up on a few years back.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

rex monday posted:

I've got a pretty basic question. It's been years since I messed with mods and this poo poo is driving me crazy. I don't want anything that will screw with game balance, I just want to not have to look at these startlingly ugly faces all the time. So, based on the recommendation of the OP I downloaded Fallout Character Overhaul. Now when I load up a game, Doc Mitchell's head is replaced by a giant exclamation point. I'm sure I'm missing some very basic thing that would make this work, like the textures aren't in the right folder or something. But I'm not seeing a good detailed installation instruction anywhere.

Your thinking was very much on the right track. The exclamation points mean that the mesh (.nif) files aren't in the proper directory. The folder structure should be something like Data\meshes\characters\head... you probably just have a folder doubled up somewhere, Data\meshes\meshes\ for example. It shouldn't be too hard to find if you poke around a bit.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SpookyLizard posted:

uninstall fco

I was seduced by the screenshots on the mod page, but as my characters never seem to have the detail of the ones in those images and I'm getting annoyed with all the problems of FCO using mostly non-standard races, can anyone recommend a good alternative?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Davoren posted:

I was seduced by the screenshots on the mod page, but as my characters never seem to have the detail of the ones in those images and I'm getting annoyed with all the problems of FCO using mostly non-standard races, can anyone recommend a good alternative?

Hall of Face - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44820

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

JawKnee posted:

hoo okay so Weapon Animation Replacers is not playing nice with the enhanced camera mod, specifically with pistols. Also I just realized that my character in 3rd person doesn't bring any weapon up to aim when I hold the right mouse button (both before and after replacing animations), I wonder what's doing that.

You need to install the compatibility pack between the two mods, and then use the compatibility pack's Enhanced Camera INI and overwrite the one from the Enhanced Camera mod. All in the installation readme for the Enhanced Camera pack.

If you're having problems with it, check out the Fear and Loathing install guide which goes through it pretty comprehensively. I have had absolutely no problems with the two mods, using all the default equipment + Weapons of the New millenium

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Reinstalling New Vegas. Can someone remind me how Archive Invalidation works. I'm using FOMM and I'm dumb.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Timeless Appeal posted:

Reinstalling New Vegas. Can someone remind me how Archive Invalidation works. I'm using FOMM and I'm dumb.

FOMM should do it automatically, if not just go to Tools drop down menu and make sure Archive Invalidation is checked.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Thanks. It was my fault. Wasn't switching it to read only.

With that said, FOMM is being a little weird and different from when I last used it. It wants me to sign into Nexus now? Also it crashes every time I upload a mod. It saves the mod, and it's all a matter of restarting every time I add one... but still weird.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Use Mod Organizer instead, it is updated frequently and you can download mods right through it. It is also completely compatible with FOMOD installers from the new vegas/fallout 3 era as well now.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Roobanguy posted:

no idea, those pictures are from like september july, and I uninstalled the game at some point in between then and now.

it might be apex, i think that was popular at the time.

Downloaded. And now I've had to tweak it to work better with URWL and support Project Nevada's enhanced vision (in the case of the latter I swapped out enbeffect.fx from my old ENB preset). The default values are ridiculously high contrast with not enough ambient light.

EDIT: And now Fallout New Vegas has decided it doesn't want to work anymore. the NVSE loader quits silently without loading the game at all, the Steam launcher shows the launcher window for a split second before that quits silently, and running it sans NVSE directly gives me the "application load error" error message.

E: It works when I delete d3d9.dll and use the injector version of ENB. What? It worked before! Apparently Apex and the 0.263 wrapper version of ENBseries don't get along.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 16, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else try DUST yet?
It means disabling pretty much every mod you have, but I'm finding it to be a refreshing way to play New Vegas (if you're on your 600th playthrough). It really is a survival mod as no matter what you pick for the Alternate Start mod, you're going to die a lot and survival will be a struggle. Don't expect to encounter traders unless you get lucky and happen upon a survivor that's friendly and willing to trade (haven't met any friendly survivors yet).
You may want to install "Realistic Headshots" on top of this as although your values for dying make you die easily, the same doesn't seem to be reverse. I tried shooting certain survivors or cannibals multiple times in the head or elsewhere with no luck.

I'm probably going to uninstall it for now though until it matures a little and gains the quest "Escape New Vegas".

Also: can confirm that Interior Lighting Overhaul works fine with this (but other weather mods won't).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If you like DUST, give Vicious Wastes by Slippy a look over too. It didn't get the exposure and attention DUST has but the author is very active in working on it and is highly concerned about compatibility.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

Downloaded. And now I've had to tweak it to work better with URWL and support Project Nevada's enhanced vision (in the case of the latter I swapped out enbeffect.fx from my old ENB preset). The default values are ridiculously high contrast with not enough ambient light.

EDIT: And now Fallout New Vegas has decided it doesn't want to work anymore. the NVSE loader quits silently without loading the game at all, the Steam launcher shows the launcher window for a split second before that quits silently, and running it sans NVSE directly gives me the "application load error" error message.

E: It works when I delete d3d9.dll and use the injector version of ENB. What? It worked before! Apparently Apex and the 0.263 wrapper version of ENBseries don't get along.

thats strange. i never had any problems with it.

e: im dumb and probably had the previous version of the d3d9.dll. :downs:

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 16, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

However dumb and linear and Fallout of Duty Operation Anchorage may be, it looks absolutely stunning.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
The state of New Vegas is kind of really lovely. FOMM doesn't work when I check for an update, it just crashes, LOOT doesn't change anything and it doesn't communicate with FOMM, and the 'top mods' listed on the Nexus are mods that change the textures of skill books and pre-war books into hentai manga book covers.

:wtc:

Woolie Wool posted:

However dumb and linear and Fallout of Duty Operation Anchorage may be, it looks absolutely stunning.

This lovely DLC was ~30 minutes of a traditional FPS made in the Fallout 3 engine.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

turns out it wasnt apex, it was onix enb.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

The state of New Vegas is kind of really lovely. FOMM doesn't work when I check for an update, it just crashes, LOOT doesn't change anything and it doesn't communicate with FOMM, and the 'top mods' listed on the Nexus are mods that change the textures of skill books and pre-war books into hentai manga book covers.

:wtc:
Agreed. I was originally going to dive back into Skyrim, but I just ended up wanting to play more New Vegas. And while there are still tons of new and quality mods coming out for Skyrim, New Vegas seems to have dried up.

With that said, are there any mods that add good natural hair for black couriers?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

Agreed. I was originally going to dive back into Skyrim, but I just ended up wanting to play more New Vegas. And while there are still tons of new and quality mods coming out for Skyrim, New Vegas seems to have dried up.

With that said, are there any mods that add good natural hair for black couriers?

It sucks! I bought all the DLCs for :10bux: and was going to play through from vanilla through the latest DLC in order of release date. This was the result of a knee-jerk reaction to the buy out of SOE by some multi-billion dollar asset management firm. Then SOE ran my favorite game, Planetside 2, and everyone was crying the ship is sinking so I decided New Vegas would be a great parachute. I checked out the MOD pages and realized most of them are graphic overhauls that require two third party file handling programs, and they don't even jive together. On top of that, the mods are like I said: about tits and photoshop perfect bodies and animes. I realize The Nexus is a Bad Place, but jeez louise over here! Now I don't even want to play anymore.

Additionally, FOMM and LOOT don't seem to function. I couldn't find anywhere in FOMM to log into the Nexus, and LOOT just doesn't seem to do anything. I always hated modding Bethesda games because I don't have a computer science degree :saddowns:

I just re-installed FOMM and tried to select the Game Update option and got the following error in the crashdump.txt

code:
Monday, February 16, 2015 - 4:30:10 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
   at Fomm.Games.Fallout3.Tools.AutoSorter.Fallout3BOSSUpdater.GetMasterlistVersion()
   at Fomm.Games.FalloutNewVegas.FalloutNewVegasGameMode.CheckForUpdates()
   at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 16, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

If you like DUST, give Vicious Wastes by Slippy a look over too. It didn't get the exposure and attention DUST has but the author is very active in working on it and is highly concerned about compatibility.

Thanks, downloading now :)

Since I don't have Platinum yet: did Millenia ever give permission to use his models/textures in Stalker after LURK died? I know you were going to ask but I don't know what came of that. He always said no to using his work in Stalker, but that was before LURK died, and since then I've seen plenty of mods using his work without permission, not to mention the site Gamebanana where anyone is allowed to use and modify his work for any game/mod without asking him. I'd like to have his permission, but I'd rather you ask as I get the feeling he'll say no to me like before :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

Thanks, downloading now :)

Since I don't have Platinum yet: did Millenia ever give permission to use his models/textures in Stalker after LURK died? I know you were going to ask but I don't know what came of that. He always said no to using his work in Stalker, but that was before LURK died, and since then I've seen plenty of mods using his work without permission, not to mention the site Gamebanana where anyone is allowed to use and modify his work for any game/mod without asking him. I'd like to have his permission, but I'd rather you ask as I get the feeling he'll say no to me like before :(

Actually, I tried to contact you via the old email address I used to contact you before but you never responded. I can definitely ask him and if your artist is creating his models with the normal baking process he might even be interested in texturing a couple of your original weapons like the AA-12 and such. But he only does weapons that use the modern normal baking process. I can't promise anything on either front but I can always ask. Either way, if you feel like releasing your weapons for FNV after your first release for STALKER, hit me up and I'll convert them for you with or without Mill's textures for you to release on Nexus.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

This lovely DLC was ~30 minutes of a traditional FPS made in the Fallout 3 engine.

I said that it looks good, not that it is good.

Also the commies can't even seriously hurt me because with Toughness and the subdermal armor implant my DT exceeds their weapons' damage. :allears:

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 16, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

Actually, I tried to contact you via the old email address I used to contact you before but you never responded. I can definitely ask him and if your artist is creating his models with the normal baking process he might even be interested in texturing a couple of your original weapons like the AA-12 and such. But he only does weapons that use the modern normal baking process. I can't promise anything on either front but I can always ask. Either way, if you feel like releasing your weapons for FNV after your first release for STALKER, hit me up and I'll convert them for you with or without Mill's textures for you to release on Nexus.

Sounds great :)

I definitely would have responded to you, so you must have an old email.

My current one is matthew.w.swartz at gmail.

*Edit*
Forgot to mention: Although we have lots of original skins, the only unique models (so far) are the AA-12 and PP-19 Vityaz. I'll need to get permission from the author, especially if Millenia is interested in using them in that UE4 project he's working on with the former LURK team.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 17, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I would seriously pay one of the talented weapon makers we have for a Reaper DMR from Planetside 2 or the Lawbringer MK II from Dredd

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

It sucks! I bought all the DLCs for :10bux: and was going to play through from vanilla through the latest DLC in order of release date. This was the result of a knee-jerk reaction to the buy out of SOE by some multi-billion dollar asset management firm. Then SOE ran my favorite game, Planetside 2, and everyone was crying the ship is sinking so I decided New Vegas would be a great parachute. I checked out the MOD pages and realized most of them are graphic overhauls that require two third party file handling programs, and they don't even jive together. On top of that, the mods are like I said: about tits and photoshop perfect bodies and animes. I realize The Nexus is a Bad Place, but jeez louise over here! Now I don't even want to play anymore.

Additionally, FOMM and LOOT don't seem to function. I couldn't find anywhere in FOMM to log into the Nexus, and LOOT just doesn't seem to do anything. I always hated modding Bethesda games because I don't have a computer science degree :saddowns:

I just re-installed FOMM and tried to select the Game Update option and got the following error in the crashdump.txt

code:

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 4:30:10 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
   at Fomm.Games.Fallout3.Tools.AutoSorter.Fallout3BOSSUpdater.GetMasterlistVersion()
   at Fomm.Games.FalloutNewVegas.FalloutNewVegasGameMode.CheckForUpdates()
   at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just use Mod Organizer, it apparently works well with NV, and has LOOT and Nexus integration.

If you want to make it easier to search for good mods, browse the nexus by category.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I can't seem to get the Geck to work right now and I don't remember what I did last time it did work. It starts up the regular Geck window but then immediately locks up with a the generic Windows prompt:

quote:

[Window Title]
Garden of Eden Creation Kit

[Main Instruction]
Garden of Eden Creation Kit has stopped working

[Content]
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

[Cancel]

The machine where it doesn't work is Windows 8, amd64, Steam version of FONV, Geck files extracted to the top level FONV directory. Tried running as admin and various compatibility modes. I searched online and found people with this problem but they only seemed to fix it by reinstalling FONV, which I did. It didn't fix the problem for me. Seem familiar to anyone?

e: Also I just checked and the app does not recover if I just disable the Windows 8 error reporting UI, the process just immediately dies after spawning the window.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 17, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Even though Operation Anchorage was, from a game design standpoint, a pile of garbage, I just drank in the atmosphere and lighting. I would buy the poo poo out of a real Fallout game set in Alaska.

I did find it amusing that the military shooter standard issue invisible walls were quite visible in this DLC.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Gyshall posted:

You need to install the compatibility pack between the two mods, and then use the compatibility pack's Enhanced Camera INI and overwrite the one from the Enhanced Camera mod. All in the installation readme for the Enhanced Camera pack.

If you're having problems with it, check out the Fear and Loathing install guide which goes through it pretty comprehensively. I have had absolutely no problems with the two mods, using all the default equipment + Weapons of the New millenium

The instructions on the page say to install WAR -> enhanced camera -> then the compatibility mod. Also I did the .ini changes the author recommended rather than overwrite. The animations suck, but that's my only real problem with it - it does nothing to fix my issue which appears to be caused by EVE and not by WAR, although I shouldn't have bothered with the WAR first person stuff for rifles.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

I can't seem to get the Geck to work right now and I don't remember what I did last time it did work. It starts up the regular Geck window but then immediately locks up with a the generic Windows prompt:

The machine where it doesn't work is Windows 8, amd64, Steam version of FONV, Geck files extracted to the top level FONV directory. Tried running as admin and various compatibility modes. I searched online and found people with this problem but they only seemed to fix it by reinstalling FONV, which I did. It didn't fix the problem for me. Seem familiar to anyone?

e: Also I just checked and the app does not recover if I just disable the Windows 8 error reporting UI, the process just immediately dies after spawning the window.

This is sort of a shot in the dark, but do you have any enb stuff in there? Older (?) enbs didn't play nice with the GECK/CK and from memory you needed to move/rename d3d9.dll before running the editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Antistar01 posted:

This is sort of a shot in the dark, but do you have any enb stuff in there? Older (?) enbs didn't play nice with the GECK/CK and from memory you needed to move/rename d3d9.dll before running the editor.

I do have the ENB wrapper in there, but it's the most recent version AFAIK (downloaded a couple weeks ago). However, renaming it did completely fix the crash. Is there some other version I should be using? Can you give me a concrete version number?

Also: thanks for fixing my problem :)