Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

the only place i can truly bare my soul... are the anime forums...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Anime = win.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

K. Flaps posted:

Anime = win.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

it's not ok to like anythign unless you hate yourself for it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Anime = win.

I like it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

didn't know anything about that blood blockade show that's airing next season, so I read the one shot of what it's based on

It's a take on Hellboy written by the trigun guy, and its being directed by the kyousigiga lady

This is what it feels like, to be hyped by anime

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The art in the one shot was real cool too, it opens strong

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

post some cool hellboy dudes from it that aren't the fish man

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

post some cool hellboy dudes from it that aren't the fish man

Besides it being about an agency protecting and investigating stuff in a supernatural world the only thing that's mega hellboy is the main character a giant redhaired demon guy that punches stuff real hard, and is gruff but likeable and mostly friendly

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'd post his picture for you but I'm phone right now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gnossiennes posted:

it's not ok to like anythign unless you hate yourself for it
the goon creed

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

It'd be fine if you were just like "It's a cute show, whatevs." No one asked you to go into your life's story or talk poo poo about yourself for liking it. Have some loving self-respect and awareness.

this is a proud satirical anime forum, we have high standards here

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the goon creed

I thought the goon creed was "but at least we're not as bad as THOSE nerds"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's cool World Break is getting a dub. I read a dissapointing review of it and decided it probably wasn't worth the effort of watching the subs, so I'll give the English version a try.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am being rained on at work, help.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Enjoy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

I thought the goon creed was "but at least we're not as bad as THOSE nerds"
we're not as bad as those nerds, because we're appropriately ashamed about liking a thing

Beef Waifu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1s1VQKSzo

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

most nerds are ashamed and full of self-hatred but not smart enough to be self aware

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

thankfully now we have the internet so they can just stew in it forever, rather than go outside and deal with things that actually matter so they can stop obsessing over what other dumb nerds think about their nerd poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

being self-aware and proud of it is exteremly ftw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

btw if anybody hasn't seen Blue Blazes, I'd recommend giving it a shot. It's a J-Drama, but it's an adaptation of a sort of-autobiographical manga by the guy behind Blazing Transfer Student and who did the character design for G Gundam. It's about the author being a dumb dork in college and is also pretty relatable for anybody that's felt like they had no idea what the gently caress they wanted to do with their life or that they weren't really getting anywhere.

The author also went to the same school as Anno so about half of it is about him and other future Gainax staff being dorks in the runup to Daicon 3.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 16, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

where'd you get those pictures of me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've been waiting for that show to end so i could watch it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

where'd you get those pictures of me

when's rebuild 3.0+1.0 old man

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Motto posted:

thankfully now we have the internet so they can just stew in it forever, rather than go outside and deal with things that actually matter so they can stop obsessing over what other dumb nerds think about their nerd poo poo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My new fav part about Eyeshield 21 is the two people on the Poseidan team who are drawn as freakishly lanky giants and then its revealed they're just 6'0 tall, I forgot Japan is the homeland of the manlets lmao.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Motto posted:

We can't even say that anymore. I know a nerd through the magic of con scenes who was just arrested for planning a straight up no lie mass killing. The internet if anything made it worse because now nerds can stew, work together, and find other malcontents!

Anyway, in lighter news I have photos, what do you all want to see uploaded from the convention.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My new fav part about Eyeshield 21 is the two people on the Poseidan team who are drawn as freakishly lanky giants and then its revealed they're just 6'0 tall, I forgot Japan is the homeland of the manlets lmao.
makoto kino, impossibly tall... 5'6'... :japan:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ryand-Smith posted:

I know a nerd through the magic of con scenes who was just arrested for planning a straight up no lie mass killing.

lol, speaking of crazy anime fans, that reminded me of this youtube video I found a while ago that helped remind me why anime fans are deservedly disliked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZmRw9o63RM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

lol, speaking of crazy anime fans, that reminded me of this youtube video I found a while ago that helped remind me why anime fans are deservedly disliked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZmRw9o63RM
i skipped around like five minutes of that and it mostly seemed like a lot of mildly weird but ultimately harmless people and then johnny otaku

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Otakus are not meant to be a persecuted race if they can appreciate the finer things in life and make progress with their lives.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Beef Waifu posted:

You can share my umbrella... if you'd like...

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should make another show like sora no woto, that one was good

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
panty & stocking tricking people into thinking there would be a sequel was also a pretty good moment in anime history

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

sora no woto was weird.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't care for it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Soranowoto had alot of potential, and the central conceit of an all-female squad of soldiers on some backwater assignment wasn't bad. The slow apocalypse setting was also a strength.

But did they really have to make 3/5 of the main soldier characters middle schoolers? They can barely take care of themselves, no one could trust them with their lives.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did they lie about their ages so they could stick it to johnny foreigner, or does that world just routinely allow 14 year olds to join the military?

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 16, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It probably takes place in the anime version of one of the countries on this list:
http://www.hrw.org/news/2012/03/12/child-soldiers-worldwide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Sora no woto is one of the best shows of all time.

• Locked thread