Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

ellbent posted:

a roegadame who just looks like a pale hyur is no roegadame

get outta here with that done-up dyed hair curdled milk nonsense and appreciate a salt of the earth woman

cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I wish roegadames didn't look like they were furrowing their eyebrows at something incredulous all the time.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010
Hellsguard Roegadames are the prettiest race in this game and no one can convince me otherwise. :colbert:

(I just reached level 50 on my first DoH class yesterday, goddamn the Weaver gear is dapper as hell)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Have you noticed the Weaver hat is a hat on a hat yet?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

why the gently caress are you wearing two hats

give one of those hats to the poor, you monster

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My group got around to our first T13 learning run tonight. Then Comcast decided to poo poo all over our warrior so I guess we went with the single tank, seven member party method. We still managed to get him down to 76% despite the setback and all but one of us starting fresh, though we didn't quite get him to start casting Gigaflare.

Deciding when a good time to use B4B might be in phase 1 is kind of scary. :stare: Immediately after Megaflare seems safest, but oh god that is a lot of damage flying around at every other point.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Finally caught up on the main story quest.

;_; Moenbryda no!!! Why couldn't they take the Sultana?!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

just defeated Titan, barely.

I was healer and didn't know what the gently caress was going on.
Our tank was good and very helpful.
One of the dps spoke only in german and the other seemed to be playing a different game.

We barely made it through, and one of my big problems in both this fight and other recent dungeons is that I keep running out of MP while healing. Any advice for that?
I'm comboing cure and cure II due to freecure, and using hi-ethers when I can. All my gear is set up towards healing.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I wish roegadames didn't look like they were furrowing their eyebrows at something incredulous all the time.

It's part of our life.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Attitude Indicator posted:

just defeated Titan, barely.

I was healer and didn't know what the gently caress was going on.
Our tank was good and very helpful.
One of the dps spoke only in german and the other seemed to be playing a different game.

We barely made it through, and one of my big problems in both this fight and other recent dungeons is that I keep running out of MP while healing. Any advice for that?
I'm comboing cure and cure II due to freecure, and using hi-ethers when I can. All my gear is set up towards healing.

Are you using Shroud of Saints? That's a free 1000ish MP restoration. Definitely helps me keep my Way afloat during drawn out fights. If you are and that still happens, cry for some MP ballad from bard.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Are you using Shroud of Saints? That's a free 1000ish MP restoration. Definitely helps me keep my Way afloat during drawn out fights. If you are and that still happens, cry for some MP ballad from bard.

Don't have Shroud of Saints. Have I missed it? i'm lvl 35 conjurer.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Ohhhh. You get it at level 38 so just a few more to go!! Until then, there's not much you can do other than watch out for overheating or casting cure when you don't need to. You're gonna love Shroud of Saints though.

E: also I said this above but if you're really hurting and have a bard in your party, ask them to sing. Sometimes, it's just out of your control whether it'd be party members not avoiding aoe properly or etc. That causes you to heal overtime

MikeyLikesIt fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 16, 2015

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ah, ok, thanks.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010

nuru posted:

Have you noticed the Weaver hat is a hat on a hat yet?

Rei_ posted:

why the gently caress are you wearing two hats

give one of those hats to the poor, you monster

Double hat to go with the double thigh highs.

If I can make my own clothes then I'm going to wear as much of it as I can at once.

A friend actually crafted all the gear for me, I'm a sham.

Have you gotten the White Mage soul stone yet? At level 35 you learn Regen which should help with MP conservation a bit.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Roegadames are the best.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Anzen posted:

Have you gotten the White Mage soul stone yet?

noooo?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Go do your class quests.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Go do your class quests.

I was going to but I needed to be lvl 15 ACN (i think)
I got the impression that it was best to max out one class before you start mixing them up. yes/no?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You're right in general, except when it comes time to get your subclass to 15 + get your job stone, or else people will laugh at you behind your back.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Anzen posted:

Double hat to go with the double thigh highs.

If I can make my own clothes then I'm going to wear as much of it as I can at once.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I was going to but I needed to be lvl 15 ACN (i think)
I got the impression that it was best to max out one class before you start mixing them up. yes/no?

Generally, but once you get a class to 30 you want to get the matching one to 15, because the Job makes a huuuuge difference.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ok, seems like it's time to level arcanist then. don't want people laughing at me in the video game

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Speaking of level 35 noobs discovering dungeons, what's the protocol regarding loot ? Should I greed everything I can't wear ?
So far I've been rolling really only on pieces of gear I can wear being ROG/NIN, and since every other guy in the party is basically carrying my sorry DPS rear end through the dungeon I decided not to roll on heavy/light gear, but I'm sad whenever I see one being left off by the DoH or tanks that don't need it.

Also, any eurogoons on Excalibur ? I'm not really ready for raiding or whatever yet and I'm an ultra casual player, but I figure the story missions will have me do it at least once, I'd rather do it with a semi organised group than in pick up. Any ways don't hesitate to wave at my virtual barbie and her badly dressed war chocobo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Greed on everything. I only pass stuff I know I'll never get to use again, because my <insert class> is already in way better gear... Unless I want it for glamour, then I'll need/greed anyway.

Also need on all the crafting items. Even if you don't craft it's a decent source of extra gil.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

So this week I discovered that the weekly CT quest doesn't carry over to the next week similar to the daily beast tribe quests. I was running WoD all week trying to get a drop and only got it late Monday night which left me no time to do CT1/2 but I figured I could do them the next day after reset, pick up the quest reward and then get the quest for the current week. But nope, doesn't work that way.

Fair warning to others, if you haven't done CT1/2 for the weekly yet this week, get them done today.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Getting your Job crystal not only gets you important and useful skills, but it also gives you a huge stat boost when you equip it.

You also get to laugh at people who should have their job crystals but don't.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zanael posted:

Speaking of level 35 noobs discovering dungeons, what's the protocol regarding loot ? Should I greed everything I can't wear ?
So far I've been rolling really only on pieces of gear I can wear being ROG/NIN, and since every other guy in the party is basically carrying my sorry DPS rear end through the dungeon I decided not to roll on heavy/light gear, but I'm sad whenever I see one being left off by the DoH or tanks that don't need it.

Also, any eurogoons on Excalibur ? I'm not really ready for raiding or whatever yet and I'm an ultra casual player, but I figure the story missions will have me do it at least once, I'd rather do it with a semi organised group than in pick up. Any ways don't hesitate to wave at my virtual barbie and her badly dressed war chocobo.

Low level dungeons just greed literally everything, a lot of people are leveling alt classes that already had a good amount of gear. You can use stuff on alternate jobs later, or you can turn in stuff for seals to help fund promotions or picking up some gear to fill in holes or buy truckloads of Ventures to keep your retainers doing stuff.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Zereth posted:

or buy truckloads of Ventures to keep your retainers doing stuff.

Or just do what I did and buy all 9 bardings! :suicide:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
99% of roegadames look the same because they all have the same face since it's the only passable one

satsu
Mar 29, 2004

It's a compulsion! I have my reasons.
I discovered a useless BLM trick in WoD.

How to do a sweet backflip over Five-Headed Dragon

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
that is extremely my poo poo

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

satsu posted:

I am totally trying that in my next run.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

satsu posted:

Tony Hawk's Pro Black Mage

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So you know how retainers always bring back fish when you send them on a quick venture?

They're no joke when you actually tell them to catch a fish.

The jaws of the fish my fishing retainer brought back this morning.

Still not a fat cat. :argh:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ok, seems like it's time to level arcanist then. don't want people laughing at me in the video game

well you're also missing out on abilities, being 35 but not a whm means you don't have regen or presence of mind

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Finally caught up on the main story quest.

;_; Moenbryda no!!! Why couldn't they take the Sultana?!

Same. Moenbryda was my favorite Scion next to Yda. There is a chance she can come back.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

Zanael posted:

always join excalibur. makes the game so much better.

should be in the OP

I was standing in the DGKK FC yard the other day and someone came up to me and called me a dumb baby bitch and gave me some free gloves because mine were not good

Constantly something going on and everyone jumps on whatever anyone needs almost instantly

Neat Machine fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 16, 2015

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

satsu posted:

That is almost as cool as my monk doing a DRG Jump at Ifrit to land LB3. :kamina:

Sweet backflip bro

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Kortel posted:

Same. Moenbryda was my favorite Scion next to Yda. There is a chance she can come back.

Really? She always kinda annoyed me and felt forced into the story. I was hoping that a character of greater consequence was going to die, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Zelmel posted:

Really? She always kinda annoyed me and felt forced into the story. I was hoping that a character of greater consequence was going to die, though.

Don't worry, Tataru is on the kill list

• Locked thread