Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Apples poop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

qntm posted:

Apples poop?

Apples are tree poop

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

qntm posted:

Apples poop?

EVERYONE POOPS

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Apples are tree poop

Apples are tree testicles.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Apples become poop.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.

qntm posted:

Apples poop?

Apples poop in gas form.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Blind Melon posted:

Apples poop in gas form.

Everybody Farts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well you really can't fault them for that, the Muslim TV networks have the non-violent extremist speakers that come on speak aboutthe Nazis and how they should properly emulate them to be effective.

You wanna hear about why only Muslim women are superior or how all non-muslims are automatically liars? There's about 5 Networks that cater to that demographic. It's loving weird because you don't see white supremacists talk about the Nazis that much in depth and about arming people for genocide, but yeah it's a real thing that is happening.

You're a loving racist.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well you really can't fault them for that, the Muslim TV networks have the non-violent extremist speakers that come on speak aboutthe Nazis and how they should properly emulate them to be effective.

You wanna hear about why only Muslim women are superior or how all non-muslims are automatically liars? There's about 5 Networks that cater to that demographic. It's loving weird because you don't see white supremacists talk about the Nazis that much in depth and about arming people for genocide, but yeah it's a real thing that is happening.

Skwirl posted:

You're a loving racist.

will nothing stop the taint reaping spree?

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

You're a loving racist.

Not the right word to use, when did the world replace the word "ignorant" with "racist" or "sexist" without realising they're doing nothing to help those causes?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fuckstick Electric posted:

Not the right word to use, when did the world replace the word "ignorant" with "racist" or "sexist" without realising they're doing nothing to help those causes?

Maybe not the most accurate, but he is talking bullshit about a group of people who are mostly not white.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's bullshit semantics to argue hating Islam isn't racism. It obviously is, and what they said was pretty hosed up.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Stop derailing my thread with this poo poo. Either take it to D&D or shut up.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Let's go to the expert on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gD430HbJAc

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Deadpool 041:

The Trapster (AKA: Paste Pot Pete) kinda sorta tried to trick Deadpool into taking his place on a mercenary team in the Middle east tasked with killing a refugee camp full of women and children. The head of the mercenaries, Potter, didn't let him go though and they were scheduled to start the killing first thing in the morning when this happened

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I forget if it was posted in this thread before, but there was a Transformers comic posted in the Funny Panels thread that reminded me of its existence. Does anyone have the one where one of the transformers gets killed and another one was going to wipe their memory to avoid dealing with their loss, is given a message by another from the dead one not to do it? I can't remember any names or details past that :(

Just remembered part of it, the message was made up out of lots of tiny clips from other dudes because the dead guy himself couldn't actually talk.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Rewind's whole thing is that he was an obsessive archivist, which is why the message is made up of clips: he had about 2 seconds before death to say what he needed to, so he strung together a quick edit using archival footage.

More Than Meets The Eye #16

3 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 6, 2015

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
But on a lighter note...

17 issues later, after the events of Dark Cybertron, Megatron finds himself newly appointed captain of the Lost Light after joining the Autobots (it's a long story). They run into some quantum weirdness as their ship and crew starts dematerializing until they discover the cause: the accident in the Quantum drives when the ship launched created an identical duplicate of the ship and crew. They had their own exciting adventures until they were found by the Decepticon Justice Division and summarily massacred... except for the duplicate Rewind.

More Than Meets The Eye #33

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's exactly the one I was asking about, thanks so much. And yay for happy endings! :neckbeard:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For those interested: that transformers run is currently on sale as part of the humble bundle. I think everything posted here is part of it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress. Why is my room so dusty right now? Stupid allergies...

(I really like that Megatron plays along as well, and the art sells that he's not doing it to be pragmatic, but to spare Rewind's feelings.)

Guess I need to decide if my dumb idea to wait to read MTMTE until I'd read all the prior stuff on Scribd is worth it now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I hear "good" Megatron is a pretty cool character too.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For those interested: that transformers run is currently on sale as part of the humble bundle. I think everything posted here is part of it.

Purchased. Thanks for the heads-up! :D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Azubah posted:

I hear "good" Megatron is a pretty cool character too.
He's an old man who's beginning to reflect on the choices he's made, and the impacts they've had. It's very... humanizing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A comic book based on toys from the 80's has absolutely no business being so well written and so goddamn touching.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rhyno posted:

A comic book based on toys from the 80's has absolutely no business being so well written and so goddamn touching.

Especially amazing when you compare it to the author before Roberts who failed miserably at writing them(he seemed to miss the point about every single aspect of the franchise, it's just amazing, didn't hurt that he acted like an rear end about it)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

it's basically Deep Space Nine but with transformers.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Duke Igthorn posted:

Deadpool 041:

The Trapster (AKA: Paste Pot Pete) kinda sorta tried to trick Deadpool into taking his place on a mercenary team in the Middle east tasked with killing a refugee camp full of women and children. The head of the mercenaries, Potter, didn't let him go though and they were scheduled to start the killing first thing in the morning when this happened

I enjoyed this, one of my favorite comic tropes is villains having scruples and being unwilling to cross really hosed lines.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I enjoyed this, one of my favorite comic tropes is villains having scruples and being unwilling to cross really hosed lines.

To be fair, if the Trapster had been that much of a violent psycho to begin with he'd probably have found a different schtick (sorry) than gluing people to things.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Looking at him on the wikipedia, Paste Pot Pete invented a crap ton of gadgets. Including, apparently, independently coming up with Spider-Man's web formula. He's like Peter Parker without Uncle Ben and radiation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One of my favorite early Avengers issues involved the team working out a parole agreement with Paste Pot Pete in exchange for having him create a formula to dissolve Zemo's fearsome Adhesive X. That sort of grey area thing was what set early Marvel apart from the Distinguished Competition.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
From Ulitimate Spider-Man 49:

Quick back story, Jamison fired Parker for questioning why the Daily Bugle was endorsing a anti-Spider Man candidate that had connections to the Kingpin, and Spider-Man saved Jamison from the Enforcers after he published a editorial disowning said candidate.

I know Brian Bendis gets accolades for how he handled Peter Parker and Aunt May, but for my money, his J. Jonah Jamison was the best I've seen. He managed to ride that fine line between cold-hearted businessman and chronic bastard with a heart of gold.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ultimate Jameson is a great character, and represents a side of classic Jameson a lot of modern writers seem to have forgotten.

Ironically, Bendis wrote an absolutely dreadful Jameson in his New Avengers run. He had the man go back on a handshake.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lurdiak posted:

Ironically, Bendis wrote an absolutely dreadful Jameson in his New Avengers run. He had the man go back on a handshake.

When you say this, you mean that Jameson was actually a Skrull, or some shapeshifting villain, or the Chameleon, or something like that, right? Right? :ohdear:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

10 Beers posted:

When you say this, you mean that Jameson was actually a Skrull, or some shapeshifting villain, or the Chameleon, or something like that, right? Right? :ohdear:

Man, I wish.

Don't get me wrong, 616 Jonah's done some shady poo poo, but this really strikes me as powerfully out of character.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm really hoping that when we get Spider-Man in the MCU, if we see Jameson, that they'll hew closer to the Ultimate version more(or at least the more sane and reasonable side of 616 version), cause we've already gotten the perfect representation of Classic Jameson already on the big screen

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Lurdiak posted:

Man, I wish.

Don't get me wrong, 616 Jonah's done some shady poo poo, but this really strikes me as powerfully out of character.

It is. The man does have principles. The one I remember best is Bastion tried to intimidate him in the wake of Onslaught. Jameson wasn't having any of it.

"Learn the rest, Yutz."

Gah, I wish I still had the comic. I lost it years ago. I think it was a X-Men?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lurdiak posted:

Man, I wish.

I do not approve. Jameson's an rear end, but the man has principles.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

10 Beers posted:

I do not approve. Jameson's an rear end, but the man has principles.

Web of Spider-Man #52 is one of those too-rare Jonah-centric issues that seems to have been unjustly forgotten. I know Bendis, generally speaking, doesn't care about the characterization of characters he didn't personally create beyond their first two paragraphs in the old OHOTMU, but this is one of those issues that should be forced into the hands of anyone who wants to write the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BigDave posted:

He managed to ride that fine line between cold-hearted businessman and chronic bastard with a heart of gold.
What was the headline?