Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron
Apr 22, 2014
loots spawns are fine, if any there's too much (especially in/around pv)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Ron posted:

loots spawns are fine, if any there's too much (especially in/around pv)

No, they're bugged.

Lithitt
Dec 28, 2012
You checked either the police station or church lately? When me and Ron played there was plenty of loot around even on high population.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Game looks like 100% different with the new lighting system.

Lithitt
Dec 28, 2012
Also, killing zombies is a great way of getting stuff too. 50% of all the zombies I killed today had loot on them. Anything from Lighters to guns or bagpacks. Unless you expect loot to be thrown in your face the second you log in, the amount of stuff to find is plenty.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I thought the mumble server details were kept in the non-accessible-by-pubbies CTS thread?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

There is loot but certain places refuse to spawn anything making certain areas of the map useless.

Zombies have items because if a player dies, no one picks up their stuff a zombie will respawn carrying those items.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

I thought the mumble server details were kept in the non-accessible-by-pubbies CTS thread?

This right here. There's a reason we have the PGS forum.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'd also like to see loot that isn't picked up eventually spawn itself because every neighborhood in a high pop server is bottlepocalypse

Lithitt
Dec 28, 2012
Looks like they are testing new loot updates on certain servers at the moment. So we might see some changes later tonight.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lithitt posted:

Looks like they are testing new loot updates on certain servers at the moment. So we might see some changes later tonight.

I was playing on one of the servers they were testing on just now and loot is indeed highly plentiful, almost comedically so. Campsites had at least two hatchets or machetes on every table, warehouses were overflowing with pipes and sheet metal and you couldn't walk 100 yards without tripping over a hunting rifle or a pistol. They just shut the servers down to, presumably, put this on all of them. I welcome it, even though it'll probably be too good to last very long. I hope they make mega loot a server modifier because I'd love to play on those.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Ron edit out the loving CTS info what the gently caress man

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Republicans posted:

I was playing on one of the servers they were testing on just now and loot is indeed highly plentiful, almost comedically so. Campsites had at least two hatchets or machetes on every table, warehouses were overflowing with pipes and sheet metal and you couldn't walk 100 yards without tripping over a hunting rifle or a pistol. They just shut the servers down to, presumably, put this on all of them. I welcome it, even though it'll probably be too good to last very long. I hope they make mega loot a server modifier because I'd love to play on those.

drat. I don't really think everyone should have guns within 10 minutes but I'm sure there will be a lot of tweaking back and forth to get a good balance. Problem is everyone has their own opinion on how plentiful loot (and specifically firearms) should be and it's probably best if they had a bunch of servers with various options. Not to mention people have wildly differing opinions on how many and how aggressive zombies should be, they could add zombie threat levels to certain servers too. Hire me Daybreak.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Knightmare posted:

drat. I don't really think everyone should have guns within 10 minutes but I'm sure there will be a lot of tweaking back and forth to get a good balance. Problem is everyone has their own opinion on how plentiful loot (and specifically firearms) should be and it's probably best if they had a bunch of servers with various options. Not to mention people have wildly differing opinions on how many and how aggressive zombies should be, they could add zombie threat levels to certain servers too. Hire me Daybreak.

Ammo is still hard to come by in appreciable amounts outside of the police department. Just before logging I murdered four dudes with a combat knife (a fantastic weapon I recommend everyone make as soon as they find a metal sheet) and they all had at least two guns but little/no ammo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRri9hGhek

Because :soe: and this is a better explanation that Smedley has managed to provide thus far.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ron posted:

i'll post the lovely info for mumble again

you are a dumb motherfucker, edit the mumble info out.

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006
Great and now SOE I mean Daybreak is getting getting DDoSed. Wonderful.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

quote:

A Message From The Team
Community Announcements - Legion
Greetings Survivors!

As many of you are aware, the H1Z1 development team underwent some staffing changes this week. We want to assure you all, this wasn’t an uncalculated change. We just weren’t in a position to share this sort of information with the community until the details were in place. We realize this has caused a great amount of speculation regarding the future of H1Z1 but the reality is, it was the only way to handle a delicate situation of this sort.

So, what has changed? Absolutely nothing has been changed from our current plans. We’re properly staffed to move forward with our current development strategy. We’ll continue to be a transparent development team and we’ll continue with our commitment to making this a player driven product. You, the players are ultimately steering this ship based on your involvement and feedback.

Right now, our primary focus is to stabilize the current iteration of H1Z1. Once we’ve ironed out the larger issues and overall stability, we’ll move on to our next phase. This will include a live development roadmap which is very player driven. We’re going to let you choose the future feature sets based on a simple voting system. Once these features have been flagged as “Thumbs Up”, they will be scheduled in a player facing calendar. On the visual side of things, we have some really cool stuff in the works. A revised male player model with more customization options and a female character model! Player Studio integration is also on the horizon for those of you with the chops to make killer art.

We the dev team appreciate your support and understanding in this matter. The H1Z1 community is one of the most passionate groups of players we’ve ever had and it shows with all the positive vibes you’re sending across social networks. We thank you all for this!

We’ll be hosting a livestream next Tuesday 2/17 at 11:00AM. Just like our previous stream, it will be a large group Q&A. This will give you the opportunity to ask us your burning questions about H1Z1.

Now get back to the Apocalypse and fight the good fight!

Don't worry everything is great and they totally have plans to let players create all their content for them but see first they have to

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Launcher can't connect. Dey break em' alright.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape
They're focused on stabilizing that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
They announced an impending Australian server over in the Planetside 2 subreddit while putting out the fires over there, so they're not completely sitting on their hands.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

So, higby just quit.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/planetside-2-s-creative-director-departs-after-soe/1100-6425315/

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I've been been playing for a few days now and the game is incredibly fun but the amount of hackers completely ruins the game.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tab8715 posted:

I've been been playing for a few days now and the game is incredibly fun but the amount of hackers completely ruins the game.

As soon as I encounter one I hop to another server. Right now I'm playing on Abomination since devs seem to frequent it a bit so I hope that's a deterrent. I'm kinda done with the whole "build base, horde loot" thing since hackers just fly right in and take what they want. Now I'm doing more of a "find/craft knife, kill everyone with knife" thing. If you see CrazyKnifeGuy coming at you with a knife say hi.

Edit: Abomination has at least two hackers in PV.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 16, 2015

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
i'd recommend going on a random mid populated server further down the list, i find hackers frequently on high populated servers.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ron posted:

i'd recommend going on a random mid populated server further down the list, i find hackers frequently on high populated servers.

First person only seems to help too. I think I play enough where I'd have seen a hacker by now but I've only ever died square.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

A few of the CTS people have started playing on Ground Zero, which has been relatively hacker free.

I think ammo tuning was further adjusted to make .223, .308 and shells rarer than they were before. I don't really even pick up hunting rifles or AR's unless I already have ammo for them; they become a burden to carry.

Edit: If you still play this drat game go post in the PGS thread and let's get something going again. Tired of building furnaces :)

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 16, 2015

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

That's the whole problem, I keep having to bounce from server to server to get away from hackers.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The game right now is mostly unplayable. Lots of hacks are out now, and SOE isn't really able to catch and stop most of them. Building mechanics and loot dispersion/amounts are still totally messed up, and for some reason I still come across players all the time with 3000 rounds of 223 ammo on them so likely there are still functioning exploits.

I'm just kind of watching to see if it gets patched now that :soe: isn't :soe: , but we'll see.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I can never get in BR servers anymore. 3 seconds of the server popping up I'm number 600

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah. At this point, they would be silly not to sell it as the main feature. It's all most people here are playing now.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
after 20 minutes of frustration i finally got in (yey right?) and somehow glitched out and died after falling for 10 seconds

thrown out of heaven's gate, i felt violated by god

thanks for telling me i made it to #0!!!! im flipping tables right now, gently caress it

Ron fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 16, 2015

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I haven't played BR since Friday but I had better luck using the server list instead of the button on top. It helps if you have a character already made on the BR server. That said it is hammered quite a bit and I'm surprised they haven't done more servers yet.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I wanted to see how this game turned out on Twitch and holy gently caress BR looks like fun. Do they still have event tickets or whatever or can you play BR as many times as you want

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Blitz7x posted:

I wanted to see how this game turned out on Twitch and holy gently caress BR looks like fun. Do they still have event tickets or whatever or can you play BR as many times as you want

as much as you want, if the BR button isn't greyed out.

As of a couple days ago, you can leave the queue and rejoin the BR Queue for a chance of being spawned into a new BR server with no queue at all. This was over the weekend, so ymmv

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

ChrisHansen posted:

as much as you want, if the BR button isn't greyed out.

As of a couple days ago, you can leave the queue and rejoin the BR Queue for a chance of being spawned into a new BR server with no queue at all. This was over the weekend, so ymmv

Worth 20 bucks?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nope.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Blitz7x posted:

Worth 20 bucks?

wait until they fix cheating. or until it's f2p. it was certainly worth 20 for the first few weeks of mostly hacker free fun but that time is gone and so is the fun.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
They are diligently working on hacking allegedly.

Developer Q&A from this afternoon
http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1/v/3801234

Getting a look at all the dev's in the same room, they're definitely gamers, this project is in good hands.

Lmao at Smedley with his thumb in that dogs rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Anyone know when next restart is? Every tabletop loot spawn is just combat knives, shirts, bottles or machetes. I've been dropping them on the floor as a public service.

• Locked thread