Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd say they're basically on the same level. Supercard is a skinner box and hardly a game, but 2k15 is actively bad and makes me think that the developers hate not only their job, but the people who bought the game.

so Supercard wins as long as you don't spend more than $60 on it, gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

so Supercard wins as long as you don't spend more than $60 on it, gotcha

I'll accept this, yes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Speaking of spending more money on 2k15, the Mark Henry Showcase mode DLC comes out Tuesday so you can unlock the same two 2011 versions of Orton, Sheamus, and Henry along with a 2nd 2011 Smackdown stage. Also you get brand new character The Great Khali!!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Speaking of spending more money on 2k15, the Mark Henry Showcase mode DLC comes out Tuesday so you can unlock the same two 2011 versions of Orton, Sheamus, and Henry along with a 2nd 2011 Smackdown stage. Also you get brand new character The Great Khali!!

Jesus loving Christ.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Honestly, Supercard is 2 features away from being the greatest mobile game of all time:

1) Your win/loss record includes your defensive record.

and

2) Chat.

Think about it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Toshimo posted:

Honestly, Supercard is 2 features away from being the greatest mobile game of all time:

1) Your win/loss record includes your defensive record.

and

2) Chat.

Think about it.

3) card limit raised to 150

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

4) An option to disable animations. Watching playing cards hopping around like they're in a bad toothpaste commercial was entertaining for about five minutes. I'd happily settle for anything quicker and simpler at this point, like the progress bar thing in old Smackdown games that appeared when you simulated matches without actually watching them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

In WMMA4 I've finally had a couple of matches end by TKO due to collapsing from leg kicks. It's always seemed pretty rare and then I had two TKO finishes on the same show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

2K15 almost seems like a prank at this point

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Delsaber posted:

4) An option to disable animations. Watching playing cards hopping around like they're in a bad toothpaste commercial was entertaining for about five minutes. I'd happily settle for anything quicker and simpler at this point, like the progress bar thing in old Smackdown games that appeared when you simulated matches without actually watching them.

IIRC the animations are apparently a deliberate stalling tactic to keep people from rushing through too fast (because you could probably blitz through things if those were off)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When I played you could just tap the screen to skip the animation. Is that out?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheJoker138 posted:

When I played you could just tap the screen to skip the animation. Is that out?

It speeds up the animation but doesn't skip it.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
Has Ryland announced when hes making the next TEW yet? I have 2010 but im trying to decide wether its worth getting 2013 or waiting for a newer one

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Bard Maddox posted:

I feel worse

Can you link your deck?

I'm at Survivor stage and still need to build Legendary Pros in order to begin winning Survivor KOTR's.

Just curious :v:

I naturally hit the wall in RTG the top end of legendary into the beginning of the first Survivor card.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Can you link your deck?

I'm at Survivor stage and still need to build Legendary Pros in order to begin winning Survivor KOTR's.

Just curious :v:

I naturally hit the wall in RTG the top end of legendary into the beginning of the first Survivor card.

the Survivor Pros aren't fully leveled because they're at the perfect sandbag level in KOTR to get a Survivor card with minimal effort

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

2K15 almost seems like a prank at this point

If the last generation is any indication, it'll be like another 3 games before we get a really good one for current consoles

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

triplexpac posted:

If the last generation is any indication, it'll be like another 3 games before we get a really good one for current consoles
I liked that last-gen game that dumped you into a freeform training mode on startup. 2010 I think? That was something I'd expect of a Real Videogame rather than yearly iterative WWE title.

So if I'm remembering right, that was... 4 games into the console cycle? Yikes. And I forget if the actual gameplay was good. I know I played it a lot though. :shobon:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
This hardware gen should get up and running more quickly as there's less of a gap between PS4/One and PS3/360 than there was between the PS3/360 and the PS2 (the GameCube and Xbox lines of games being dead) and the PS4 and One are much easier to develop simultaneously, compared to the last generation where the PS3's fucky Cell processor buggered everyone about. Texture scanning and motion capture have all become much better and faster, too, though also more expensive.

With a good developer and a good publisher, there's no reason why 2k16 wouldn't be fantastic. But, well. We're not that fortunate.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Today in "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Want a Third Copy of Cybrock in this Challenge", I've reached stage 12 on the 5th mission (the one that requires Cena). I can confirm that the 13th mission contains a 36k/49k Triple H, a 27k/51k Roman Reigns, and a 27k/130k Cena.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I've seen so many teams with three low-level Legendary VII golds online that I now understand how all of these Mobile games make tons of money.

For those who haven't done the numbers, a Legendary VII gold costs about 1.6 million WWE money, so a trio costs 4.8 million.

At 100 bucks for about a million, a team of three Legendary VII golds costs 500 bucks, and even more if they upgraded moves/gear to max.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The punchline is that they've spent $500 and I can still beat them easily with Bryan's headbutt.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Sourpuss posted:

Has Ryland announced when hes making the next TEW yet? I have 2010 but im trying to decide wether its worth getting 2013 or waiting for a newer one

He's said he's not making a game this year. So I'd pick up '13 given there's no guarantee a TEW game is his next one.

Edit to add: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2041151&postcount=3
(Sourcing my quotes)

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 17, 2015

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Today in "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Want a Third Copy of Cybrock in this Challenge", I've reached stage 12 on the 5th mission (the one that requires Cena). I can confirm that the 13th mission contains a 36k/49k Triple H, a 27k/51k Roman Reigns, and a 27k/130k Cena.

Heh that's exactly where I'm at. Hoping for a favorable booster pack so I can attempt to pass it.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

the Survivor Pros aren't fully leveled because they're at the perfect sandbag level in KOTR to get a Survivor card with minimal effort

You have more RtG cards than I have Survivors. :(

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
How many times do I have to fusion commons in order to move to uncommon. Do I just need to get all of them

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The American Dream posted:

How many times do I have to fusion commons in order to move to uncommon. Do I just need to get all of them

swipe to the right

DoctorDelaware posted:

You have more RtG cards than I have Survivors. :(

I just got a new survivor pro today too!

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 17, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I was playing that post-Montreal Screwjob TEW mod as ECW. I had enough time to run 4 tv shows and a PPV, but then it dropped me down in size from Cult to Regional.

I think I figured out why it did that though... the mod maker set ECW to be 50 popular across the US, but only gave them TV in two areas. So my popularity would drop in areas I didn't run & didn't have TV.

At least that's my best guess. I am trying another time where I've given myself a TV deal across the US, we'll see if that does any better.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

triplexpac posted:

I was playing that post-Montreal Screwjob TEW mod as ECW. I had enough time to run 4 tv shows and a PPV, but then it dropped me down in size from Cult to Regional.

I think I figured out why it did that though... the mod maker set ECW to be 50 popular across the US, but only gave them TV in two areas. So my popularity would drop in areas I didn't run & didn't have TV.

At least that's my best guess. I am trying another time where I've given myself a TV deal across the US, we'll see if that does any better.

technically i think you only need high pop in two areas to keep Cult status

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Nerokerubina posted:

technically i think you only need high pop in two areas to keep Cult status

Hmm so it is! Well then I don't know what the heck I did, besides dropping below 45% in too many areas (obviously)

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Yay! Since there's no chance in hell I'm getting the survivor HHH on the next PCC (since nobody is going to choose Roman) I only have to aim to rank 30,000th for some epics for the fusion chamber. I think I can swing that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

NO RESTHOLDS BARRED!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I really can't wait to see how far ahead Bryan is in the upcoming PCC. Think he'll win by a greater margin than Dean vs Seth?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Behold the hit new faction, Fourton.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Testekill posted:

Behold the hit new faction, Fourton.

The Four Bore-tons.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

AlmightyPants posted:

I really can't wait to see how far ahead Bryan is in the upcoming PCC. Think he'll win by a greater margin than Dean vs Seth?

I have no idea why anyone would pick Roman. All the under-cards are better on Bryan's side (Sting, Rock & Cena). There's absolutely no incentive to pick Roman's team, knowing that you're going to lose to the masses picking Bryan.

I had an interesting Supercard match today. I ran into someone running Survivor Pro Fusion Roman, Nikki & Ambrose. Considering that one dude paid $300 to have a single Fusion Cena on day one that means this person must have spent somewhere in the area of $1,500-$2,000 to get those cards. That's loving retarded. I mean I'll drop $12-$20 dollars during RTG sometimes on title matches and poo poo like that, but that's a far cry from thousands of dollars just to have cards first.

In other Supercard news, I'm basically at the point now where I can only grow my deck through fusions, or RTG. I have enough male Survivor pros/RTG Pros to make a full RTG team. My Diva's team isn't 100% great (RTG Nikki, Suvivor Pro Nattie, Legendary Pro AJ & Survivor Brie) but it's not bad enough for me to warrant running a bunch of KOTR in hopes of getting more Diva pros.

My male survivor pros are just going to get replaced with RTG Pros as time progresses so there's no reason to try and get the better survivor pros. And now KOTR is overrun with 3 person teams of RTG Batista, Sting & Nikki which makes trying to win pointless. Luckily I got lucky last week and picked up 3 survivor cards I could pro (long hair Jericho, Titus & Fandango) because after this weekend I have no desire to compete in KOTR for a while.

So I guess it's just farming KOTR for fusion fodder for the next little while until I have reason to start doing it again (a new card tier?)

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Now I've got a decision to make with stupid card game. My legendary fusion will finish tonight, and I have to choose whether or not to go for Survivor. I only have five Survivor cards, but I'm pretty sure a solo Survivor Fusion would be better than any of them. Plus, there's the outside chance I can get a Survivor Pro out of this, while KotR is looking less and less likely (I failed to make the brackets in my last KotR, and I might not make it this time either.)

So, do I:

1. stand pat and pray to make the 2nd round of a KotR bracket, then pray I get something that matches what I've got,

2. burn a Survivor for a shot at an upgrade (probably my maxed solo Layla or untrained solo Brie, as I'm working on my 4th Legendary Pro Diva), or

3. delete this bullshit game and walk away forever? (The obvious, and correct, choice...but I'm not going to do it, because I'm stupid.)

I await your advice, wise goons.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

DoctorDelaware posted:

Now I've got a decision to make with stupid card game. My legendary fusion will finish tonight, and I have to choose whether or not to go for Survivor. I only have five Survivor cards, but I'm pretty sure a solo Survivor Fusion would be better than any of them. Plus, there's the outside chance I can get a Survivor Pro out of this, while KotR is looking less and less likely (I failed to make the brackets in my last KotR, and I might not make it this time either.)

So, do I:

1. stand pat and pray to make the 2nd round of a KotR bracket, then pray I get something that matches what I've got,

2. burn a Survivor for a shot at an upgrade (probably my maxed solo Layla or untrained solo Brie, as I'm working on my 4th Legendary Pro Diva), or

3. delete this bullshit game and walk away forever? (The obvious, and correct, choice...but I'm not going to do it, because I'm stupid.)

I await your advice, wise goons.

Burn Layla. Her pro is poo poo and loses to pretty much every Diva that isn't Eva Marie. A maxxed survivor (non-pro) fusion will be better than any Legendary pro card you may have, and if you're lucky you'd get Nikki which will replace the lovely diva you burned. Only thing that could gently caress you up is if you get the support card, which is actually pretty awesome, but probably not what you need at this point.

EDIT: Also delete game...

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I think I'm gonna finish training up my "B-team" cards in KOTR before I mess around with fusion. Are there "recipes" that produce specific fusion results, or is it all random? It it always better to throw non-pro cards in there? Like I've been wondering if there are certain fusions that require pro cards, or fusion cards in non-fusion slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Minidust posted:

I think I'm gonna finish training up my "B-team" cards in KOTR before I mess around with fusion. Are there "recipes" that produce specific fusion results, or is it all random? It it always better to throw non-pro cards in there? Like I've been wondering if there are certain fusions that require pro cards, or fusion cards in non-fusion slots.

completely random. And all it does is look a rarity, not the level of the card or if it's a pro. That doesn't effect anything. So throw your shittiest cards into the fusion factory.