Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CScPNoIkq_w#t=41

Mike Polk owns. Pretty much sums this all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CScPNoIkq_w#t=41

Mike Polk owns. Pretty much sums this all up.

Agreed

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that owned.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Mike Pettine seems like a really good coach and I'm glad all this nonsense is so public so he'll probably get another job.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Well the Browns tried to trade Josh Gordon straight up for Nick Foles in 2013 but the Eagles didn't want to, lol.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bigass Moth posted:

Well the Browns tried to trade Josh Gordon straight up for Nick Foles in 2013 but the Eagles didn't want to, lol.

That would have been a ridiculously useless trade for the Eagles lol

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
This public making GBS threads on Manziel is getting out of hand. The last QB to get this treatment was Josh Freeman and look what happened to him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

This public making GBS threads on Manziel is getting out of hand. The last QB to get this treatment was Josh Freeman and look what happened to him.

He was a one hit wonder?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

oh no now manziel is going to have a Freeman-like drop off which would equate to *flings calculator out window* OH RIGHT THERE'S NO NUMBER FOR MASSIVE SHITS

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

football fuckerman posted:

oh no now manziel is going to have a Freeman-like drop off which would equate to *flings calculator out window* OH RIGHT THERE'S NO NUMBER FOR MASSIVE SHITS

lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Total QBR: (the brown note)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Neil Armbong posted:

I still can't believe the Texans didn't make a move for Bridgewater.

I was watching the draft that day, and that trade up made it all worth it. Bridgewater is the kind of QB I've always wanted for the Vikings. If he plateaus early my optimism for him will make me ignore it for years.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

They got trolled so loving hard. I'm still laughing about it.
As someone living in Vikings country, so am I :smug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

I pretty much agree with this. He's literally getting Tebowed and he's only started 1 game as far as I know. At least give the guy a season before you toss his rear end into the hole.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Some people with talent, the drive to succeed and an actual love of the game don't get near the opportunities Manziel's already had. gently caress him, I say

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I think the main reason Manziel gets lots of poo poo is the cockiness he showed throughout college and around the draft. I don't think people would be as harsh if he had a Matt Ryan personality. I'm not saying it's good or bad but I think it plays a big part

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I think the main reason Manziel gets lots of poo poo is the cockiness he showed throughout college and around the draft. I don't think people would be as harsh if he had a Matt Ryan personality. I'm not saying it's good or bad but I think it plays a big part

Absolutely. I also used to think he got the Ted Ginn treatment of being drafted way higher than he should have been because a player with similar measurable was successful the year before, Devin Hester and Russel Wilson. But the hype was so big for him from college it was inevitable.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If he had a different personality he'd be a different human and do different things and yes I think it's fair to say we'd treat him differently

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

If he had a different personality he'd be a different human and do different things and yes I think it's fair to say we'd treat him differently

If this post were written differently and had a different conclusion as well as different words, then I probably wouldn't agree with it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
There are definitely quiet, reserved, private people who are addicts though. I mean if Matt Ryan had checked into rehab after his first year, or really Brandon Weeden or someone is a better comparison, someone who looked bad their first year, I don't think the public would be so hard on him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

There are definitely quiet, reserved, private people who are addicts though. I mean if Matt Ryan had checked into rehab after his first year, or really Brandon Weeden or someone is a better comparison, someone who looked bad their first year, I don't think the public would be so hard on him.

It functioned as a confirmation of many peoples low opinion of him. When a picture of the guy rolling up a dollar bill in a bathroom goes around people are waiting for it.

Marino would've had a very different career today.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cocaine is where Marino got his football powers

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah I'm sure Johnny has a problem and all, but I don't think drugs/drinking are responsible for him being bad at football in the NFL.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 17, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

Yeah I'm sure Johnny has a problem and all, but I don't think drugs/drinking are responsible for him being bad a football in the NFL.

A real drug addiction can wreck your life. It wouldn't surprise me if his substance abuse problems held him back.

I mean, maybe he would suck either way, but trying to succeed in the NFL while you are also battling a drug addiction must make things even more difficult.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ehud posted:

Cocaine is where Marino got his football powers
If coke was as strong then as it is now, he'd have more rings than fingers

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Even if the vikings hadn't jumped up for Bridgewater, the Texans should have done it anyway, so they could get that extra year on the contract. So it was doubly stupid of them to sit there.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Did the Texans even try to move up? I always wondered why they didn't. I mean, obviously glad they didn't, but it really could have been a homerun for Houston if they were able to snag Teddy. The price we paid for Teddy wasn't very high since it basically boiled down to a 4th rounder.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

Did the Texans even try to move up? I always wondered why they didn't. I mean, obviously glad they didn't, but it really could have been a homerun for Houston if they were able to snag Teddy. The price we paid for Teddy wasn't very high since it basically boiled down to a 4th rounder.

I have no idea, but him falling that low made it seem like a no brainer for Houston to go for him given the QB situation, which is still no better now then it was at draft time last year.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm pretty sure if they had wanted Teddy they would have gotten him. I think they just didn't want him. They just didn't rank him that highly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
They have their eyes set on Ryan Mallet, quarterback of the future.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sooooo the Browns are getting a new logo. Cool.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_expected_to_u.html

quote:

Per a 92.3 The Fan report, the logo will replace the Browns orange helmet as the primary logo.

The logo is the first of several changes to the Browns' branding this year.

The club is expected to debut new Nike-developed uniforms in time for the April 30 NFL draft. The color schemes will remain orange, brown and white, although the shades could be slightly altered. Owner Jimmy Haslam has said no logos will be added to the orange helmets.
A new primary logo. Holy poo poo this is the worst time to rebrand and the worst team to rebrand

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rebranding your bad team is the coolest new trend. Jags, Bucs, Phins, and now the Browns.

It's good to focus on important things.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

While the logo itself is being closely guarded prior to the reveal, multiple sources have told 92.3 The Fan that the new logo will not incorporate the iconic ‘Brownie’ elf logo that was used by the franchise in the 1950’s and 1960’s in any way.

boooooooooooooooooooooooo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I don't like Brownie but I know I'm in the minority here. I think opinion in NEO is split

I kind of like the Browns B logo in front of the football, hopefully they use that https://www.google.com/search?q=bro...iw=1240&bih=605

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Guessing they will just go with the Letter B

Edit: Just like that post right above mine

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The B logo is pretty cool so if they just use that it'd be ok

I just like Brownie

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Literally the only redeeming thing about the Browns is their cool loving old school uniforms and classic "logoless" look and holy poo poo they are getting rid of it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Browns should do a helmet color shift like the Jaguars did last year.

Like a Mahogany up front that flows back into a Sepia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

New Browns logo already leaked

http://imgur.com/fMUCkjv

• Locked thread