Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tardigrade posted:

So is :supaburn:Selfie Stick:supaburn: the new republican talking point? I thought they had already exhausted the selfie jokes.

Political Cartoon Idea

Obama stands behind a podium holding a selfie stick

Oldtimey News Reporter 1: 'is he taking a selfie?'

Oldtimey News Reporter 2: 'no, teleprompter phone.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abe and Washington, united in their love for crushing rebel scum :3:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
At first glance I thought it was some weird crossbreed of PRESIDENT; HE GOLF!!! and TELEPROMPTER BAD.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Both movies are equally stupid, AGC.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

This is unbelievable.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pee pee doo doo it was a bad movie.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think 7oDN got 50 shades confused with the new mad max movie, but I can understand him not being able to tell the difference.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Who does he think made American Sniper?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
THE GUN IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL! A Zardoz cartoon.

Seriously, the only way that cartoon could be any better would be if the sniper's shirt read "I <3 America, Israel, apple pie and ice cream, PTSD and killing Muslims."

First, Obama said Al-Qaeda is on the run, not ISIS and that was around four years ago.

Democrats are sensitive to the pain of others.

Fuckt Tupp fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 16, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Who does he think made American Sniper?

Also, who decided to nominate it for a multitude of awards, despite the fact that so many people think it's kind of a turd (disclaimer: I haven't seen it).

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

majormonotone posted:

Unrelated: Have there been any cartoons about Chapel Hill other than the quick sketch that Latuff did?

This is the only one I could find by an American cartoonist:

Latuff also did another one:

And here are some foreign ones I found floating around:

The author's comment for this one was ":("

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The funny thing is, said fox news stereotype guy is actually a big conservative.

:siren: TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEy96be7vo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Can we start a betting pool on how long it takes Dees and Kirschen to overlap?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tardigrade posted:

So is :supaburn:Selfie Stick:supaburn: the new republican talking point? I thought they had already exhausted the selfie jokes.

It's like they don't even get the concept of self-deprecating jokes. "Oh, he's making fun of himself with a selfie stick? Well, I'll show him by...making fun of him with a selfie stick." They're basically stealing the joke from the person they want to joke about.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah...yeah...

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Tardigrade posted:

Do you remember that time the president talk about how horrible terror is and then turned around took a picture of himself with a selfie stick?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Perestroika posted:

It's like they don't even get the concept of self-deprecating jokes. "Oh, he's making fun of himself with a selfie stick? Well, I'll show him by...making fun of him with a selfie stick." They're basically stealing the joke from the person they want to joke about.

When Obama releases press photos of him screwing around with pointless new technology it defiles the dignity of the presidency.

When George W. Bush jokes on stage about looking for WMDs under his couch and bed he's just demonstrating that he'd be a fun guy to have a beer with.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah...yeah...

Sicko Rorus Raz in the window is good av material.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah...yeah...

ahahahaha

"It's poo poo!!"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Angular Cyrus posted:

This is the only one I could find by an American cartoonist:

Latuff also did another one:

And here are some foreign ones I found floating around:

The author's comment for this one was ":("

Uhh...MSNBC has covered this story from all angels on multiple shows. They've talked to the father, siblings and friends of the victims, the mayor of Chapel Hill, a graphic artist who did a tribute to them etc. is an average of three on air segments a day not enough for Latuff? Should it just be wall to wall 24/7 until he's convicted?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah...yeah...

Every little thing you do is magic.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Hasters posted:

Uhh...MSNBC has covered this story from all angels on multiple shows. They've talked to the father, siblings and friends of the victims, the mayor of Chapel Hill, a graphic artist who did a tribute to them etc. is an average of three on air segments a day not enough for Latuff? Should it just be wall to wall 24/7 until he's convicted?

For pedantry's sake, MSNBC is just about the only major US news source excluded from that vest. :shrug:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

That's a bold stance, defending a movie that has grossed $300M and is nominated for a Best Picture Oscar.

quote:

8 d'awww :3:

Happy Preripenis Day, everyone!

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

redstormpopcorn posted:

For pedantry's sake, MSNBC is just about the only major US news source excluded from that vest. :shrug:

This story was on NBC too though...

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

redstormpopcorn posted:

Isn't MSNBC a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

These are some of the first "mainstream media" cartoons that didn't leave any of the various outlets out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hasters posted:

I too am shocked that a political cartoonist's claim that the media is not covering a major event might not stand up to close inspection :monocle:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Internet Webguy posted:

THE GUN IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL! A Zardoz cartoon.

A Zardoz cartoon that deserves some bangin' tunes from Orbital.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I just imagine Tinsley crawling out from under a pile of liquor bottles, seeing it's Groundhog's Day and making a cartoon in a blind panic. His editor just sighs and signs off yet another cartoon two weeks late.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

gently caress you tinsley

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ralepozozaxe posted:

These are some of the first "mainstream media" cartoons that didn't leave any of the various outlets out.

And yet they are still dumb.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

When George W. Bush jokes on stage about looking for WMDs under his couch and bed he's just demonstrating that he'd be a fun guy to have a beer with.

That was legit hilarious though because Americans were getting crippled or killed abroad over those imaginary WMD's during the sketch.

Ha ha! Looks like the joke was on us patsies in uniform who thought we were defending our country!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Afraid of Audio posted:

And yet they are still dumb.

Your hatred for the best cartoonist in this thread is dually noted Afraid of Audio.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

VitalSigns posted:

That was legit hilarious though because Americans were getting crippled or killed abroad over those imaginary WMD's during the sketch.

Ha ha! Looks like the joke was on us patsies in uniform who thought we were defending our country!

I had no idea you served!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Your hatred for the best cartoonist in this thread is dually noted Afraid of Audio.

Uhhh neither of those was a Bennett cartoon :confused:

Speaking of, here's Clay Bennett, fishing for hatemail:

Kind of a vague cartoon, but still better than that Latuff.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Cat Mattress posted:

Isn't MSNBC a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC?

Not any more. Originally, yes, but now MSNBC is solely a part of NBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Forgot to say that this was an excellent read. I liked the ending, where Britain died and everyone was happy forever! :allears:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on British politics and Libya – Jonathan Powell has warned that violent chaos in Libya will spread to its neighbours, and to Europe and Britain, if left unchecked"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband: Hedge funds more important than hedge cutters after Ed Balls: I always get a receipt for getting my hedge cut

Independent:

'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis, study suggests

Times:

Islamic State: Egypt urges international intervention in Libya

• Locked thread