Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Doublelift needs to rename himself Icarus. His skills let him fly too close to the sun for his own good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Piglet has been benched due to attitude problems (The problems were Xpecial's) and replaced by KEITHMCBRIEF

If only Piglet were fluent in english enough to understand how to play league of legends.

quote:

Dear Liquid fans,

We have come to a very difficult decision that we hope will lead to better performance. We have decided that it would be best to have Piglet sit out for week five of the North American LCS. Our substitute player, KeithmcBrief, will move to the starting roster.

This decision was not made lightly. There have been ongoing issues during scrims/training that have resulted in a poor team dynamic. Our staff and players have put in a lot of effort toward improving the situation, but unfortunately we have not made as much progress as we would have hoped. We understand that this is not easy for Piglet, and we will continue to do everything we can to resolve the issues at hand so that he can return to the LCS in the future. But at present, this decision is in the best interest of the team.

"Our goal is to improve week to week and under the currrent conditions, we were not hopeful things would improve," says Steve Arhancet, co-owner of Team Liquid.

We believe our fans deserve further explanation of the rationale that led to this decision. Our manager, head coach and head analyst will be able answer related questions from the media during the next LCS weekend. We have asked our players to stay focused on their upcoming matches and refrain from discussing the situation publicly.

- Peter Zhang, Head Coach

In other news: the MYM/Kori situation was even worse than what we were told:

quote:

Kori was also threatened by Damir, the other manager in the house. I have the recording file and Damir says to him, "50k dollars is like the price of breaking your neck" - mate, you're threatening to break a 17 year old's neck, go gently caress yourself.
On top, Khaled from MYM is absolute scum. Not only did he manipulate Kori on multiple occasions, he attempted to manipulate and toy with not only myself, but Richard Lewis as well. The whole org is hosed, the environment isn't "toxic", the people involved are loving INSANE.
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2vmpg7/investigation_marcin_kori_wolski_meetyourmakers/coj66sw

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 16, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Invalid Validation posted:

Doublelift needs to rename himself Icarus. His skills let him fly too close to the sun for his own good.

But he didn't lose to Helios...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

Piglet has been benched due to attitude problems (The problems were Xpecial's) and replaced by KEITHMCBRIEF

If only Piglet were fluent in english enough to understand how to play league of legends.

I can't fault any organization for toying with Richard Lewis. If anything, it makes me think better of MYM.

As for the Curse news...okay.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
#KEITHFREED

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

#KEITHFREED
Team Liquid will rise to first place again! LCS is saved.

Also they changed the URL of that page from:

lcs-news-piglet-benched-for-week-5
to:
lcs-news-keith-moved-to-starting-roster-for-week-5

:lol:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Maybe this will be good for piglet. Or maybe keith will become his full time replacement. Either way it sounds like liquid is making the correct decision

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't think Piglet and Xpecial are going to be able to lane together, so this benching will probably end up being permanent.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

I don't think Piglet and Xpecial are going to be able to lane together, so this benching will probably end up being permanent.
It's like Edward/Genja without any synergy at all. Apparently Xpecial can't stand him. Piglet probably has no idea what's going on other than a strong desire to crush his rival, Apollo.

Watching the two play though, it's really painful to watch Piglet try and go in for a trade and Xpecial walk away immediately, I don't know if it's intentionally or passive-aggressiveness. Xpecial played with Cop and Chaox who are really passive AD Carries for a long time, but he was also playing with Wildturtle too.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 16, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Flameingblack posted:

Welp guess it's time to change my flex ADC in fantasy, bye Woolite

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

literally :aaa:'d when I saw the announcement.

#KEEPKEITH actually happened.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
The Piglet benching isn't surprising. Something had to be happen since a team comprised largely of ex-curse is doing better than the actual curse. I will laugh pretty hard if TL goes on winning streak now that they've got Keith back though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

quote:

@YusuiLoL 12m12 minutes ago

Piglet isn't getting benched for his performance... it's the fact he's toxic and ruining the entire team environment

@YusuiLoL

.@BurningAges ragequitting scrims, saying his support and mid are bad :))

LOL I dunno why you'd come to a region that you know is worse than your region and go to a team you know isnt the best team in the region and then complain that your teammates are bad

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gg piglet trash

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Jerkface posted:

LOL I dunno why you'd come to a region that you know is worse than your region and go to a team you know isnt the best team in the region and then complain that your teammates are bad

Especially when Fenix is also a Korean import, too. Though Xpecial being bad is something I can believe.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Im pretty sure a bunch of koreans who are better than Piglet are right now toiling on lovely chinese teams. I guess Piglet is way too competitive to have taken this as a nice paid vacation. Like im pretty sure Dade is just chillin out playing 0 meta champs good making a million bux and not ragin at his teammates.

Edit: from those videos piglet is a huge mommas boy so maybe he just misses his mommy and its making him grumpy, which is actually sad and going to another country is tough!

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Jerkface posted:

That cash money LA life, son.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

They have banks in every city.

Jerkface posted:

Edit: from those videos piglet is a huge mommas boy so maybe he just misses his mommy and its making him grumpy, which is actually sad and going to another country is tough!

LMQ had a tough time adjusting and they had an entire team of dudes living in the same house from the same culture that spoke the same language. If you don't speak English well I bet it's a very tough move.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 16, 2015

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
"hello yes i'd like to return this korean, it isn't working as promised"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It must be a lot of effort to go through translators just to insult your teammates.

Or did he get special instruction on the proper conjugation of "noob feeder"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

They have banks in every city.
At least Andrew Bynum would rotate for a kill in midlane

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

It must be a lot of effort to go through translators just to insult your teammates.

Or did he get special instruction on the proper conjugation of "noob feeder"

Yeah that part of the story doesn't add up, although Fenix is Korean too so I guess I could believe that at least. The dude who broke the news is friends with Keith and there is a lot of pretty dogwhistle scummy accusations of all Korean import players being toxic and egotistical that has been creeping up. A lot of people taking delight in Piglet being bad sort of make me wonder.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

At least provide the link for that quote, mang!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Piglet not working out yet has got to make passing up Forgiven one of the worst moves of the offseason though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Imp broke Piglet, Curse shouldn't have bought a broken man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvxwWl_e4jo

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Flameingblack posted:

(The problems were Xpecial's)

Maybe there's a bit more to it..

I know goons hate Xpecial like he's the Antichrist whenever he says something ridiculously passive aggressive like that his team has some issues in fitting together, but maybe it's a bit more projection than actual reasoned hate (towards an internet person) at this point.

I feel for the dude, really, but he's in a bad situation which he is dealing badly while performing terribly. I spoke in his defense after week 3, but maybe a week off will do everyone some good here.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah that part of the story doesn't add up, although Fenix is Korean too so I guess I could believe that at least. The dude who broke the news is friends with Keith and there is a lot of pretty dogwhistle scummy accusations of all Korean import players being toxic and egotistical that has been creeping up. A lot of people taking delight in Piglet being bad sort of make me wonder.

Yeah that nags at me too. The delight that Lustboy is Support John Cena vs the vitriol that Piglet is so egotistical is offputting.

The other reason Piglet might have chosen to come to NA is possibly his belief that he could make TL a top team in NA by being on the team. Let's be real though, it's always money.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

:getin:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah I think Transient People beat me to picking up Keith by like 15 minutes, mother fucker

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

A lot of people taking delight in Piglet being bad sort of make me wonder.
Can you really blame them though? combine the fact it feels like a "gently caress the local talent, pay to get this guy in" move more than anything, especially when you combine the hype that Riot brought in alongside it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Flipswitch posted:

Can you really blame them though? combine the fact it feels like a "gently caress the local talent, pay to get this guy in" move more than anything, especially when you combine the hype that Riot brought in alongside it.

Yeah I can because I have never once heard this about European imports.

edit: People are going "They could have gotten Forg1ven" I mean he's not local either and I think that really underlines the whole point pretty well.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 16, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

Im hella delighting in Jesiz being awful.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

EU imports don't get the same hype though, nor do they have (and I hate this idea) the same branding as Korean players do. I think mass importing is bad for any region though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Can't get a toxic foreign ADC! Should have gotten forg1ven

Hmmm.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

rabidsquid posted:

edit: People are going "They could have gotten Forg1ven" I mean he's not local either and I think that really underlines the whole point pretty well.

The thing with Korean imports is we have plenty of examples of people rushing to get Koreans because they have to be the best. Like Coast picking up Ringer and Miracle, who were like rank 1 and 3 on Korean Challenger - that means they'll stomp NA, right?

People feel a lot better about talking poo poo about Korean imports underperforming, because Korea as a region is held up as the pinnacle by many fans and pros alike. I doubt there's some insidious racial angle there, look how beloved LMQ are/were, it's just a regional rather than racial thing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

Can't get a toxic foreign ADC! Should have gotten forg1ven

Hmmm.

Piglet doesnt speak any english. If you're going to gamble on a toxic ADC why not pick the one that can communicate? I say this as someone who wanted Piglet to do good, but also relishing any drama related to TL because their curse is funny.

Edit: Also AFAIK they tried out Forgiven, Keith, and some others and then dumped them all the minute Piglet became available without even trying him out.

They went for a big splash & it backfired so of course they will cop a bunch of poo poo. Not buying the korean angle, this is like any big market baseball team/any baseball team giving a guy a huge deal and having the guy immediately bust. Everyone else is going to be lapping up the schadenfreude

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 16, 2015

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Apparently he ragequit scrims and raged about how his mid and support were garbage (and Fenix has looked pretty decent in the LCS so far, including dumpstering Link's LeBlanc as Azir of all things), so it sounds like Piglet is the one with an attitude problem, not xpecial.

quote:

People are going "They could have gotten Forg1ven" I mean he's not local either and I think that really underlines the whole point pretty well.

I think you're totally right about the dogwhistling thing and attitude towards Koreans. On the other hand, Forgiven never raged at his actual teammates of the LCS that we know of, and SK is 8-0 with crazy play by him, while Liquid is 4-4 with not crazy play by ragey Piglet. :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lightning Knight posted:

Apparently he ragequit scrims and raged about how his mid and support were garbage (and Fenix has looked pretty decent in the LCS so far, including dumpstering Link's LeBlanc as Azir of all things), so it sounds like Piglet is the one with an attitude problem, not xpecial.

It sucks that his ability to communicate is limited to insults towards his own team. Whoever taught him how to do that had a messed up priority imo.

If only the language barrier were only limited to in game communications like "don't die," but this Cinderella story does not have a happy ending.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Huni, Reignover, Ryu, and h0r0 are all swell guys in EU. No one has ever said anything about attitude problems from them.

In NA I wouldn't say that Seraph had any attitude problems, just stuck on an awful CLG team where he felt isolated. Piglet/Imp were already kind of known as toxic players in Korea before and Korea solo queue is notorious for people throwing games over really silly poo poo even in the top of the ladder (There was an American over there who lost like 8 out of 10 games because Koreans would intentionally throw and AFK out of spite).

Impact just seems to be happy in America regardless of how well he's doing, and everyone over on Winterfox seems super happy to just be together as a team. Of course Lustboy fits the TSM branding better than anyone could have imagined and he always looks like he's having the time of his life.

Lightning Knight posted:

I think you're totally right about the dogwhistling thing and attitude towards Koreans. On the other hand, Forgiven never raged at his actual teammates of the LCS that we know of, and SK is 8-0 with crazy play by him, while Liquid is 4-4 with not crazy play by ragey Piglet. :v:
Nah there's that video of him straight up screaming at Copenhagen Wolves at the end of a game right before he was banned from competitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_SSRhcLlYo

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Funny thing about Seraph is that he also turned into a huge toxic piece of poo poo.

Edit: This 'dogwhistling' about koreans being toxic or whatever, are you guys saying that this is a foible of this forum or like... league fans in general? Because I honestly dont think anyone has been dogwhistling korean players on here. Piglet was 'toxic' in Korea because of his insane competitive spirit, so this is unsurprising. That + the communication barrier + new country was a recipe for disaster as it turns out.

• Locked thread