Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Nah, Diglett can learn Cut, and we have no shortage of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Whatever option wastes the most time, annoys the most people, and most royally fucks up an otherwise simple operation is fully within the spirit of TPP.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also the loving Elite Four has level 100 pokemon. And better pokemon/movesets.

They can't win this. They can't outlevel and eventually win via attrition, and even if they repeat the miracle that got them Zapdos they'll have to contend with the fact Lance has one too.

Also

quote:

Pokemon Stat Total Changes

Voltorb has a new total stat of 310
Goldeen has a new total stat of 315
Paras has a new total stat of 365
Krabby has a new total stat of 365
Seaking has a new total stat of 425
Pidgeot has a new total stat of 440
Fearow has a new total stat of 440
Pinsir has a new total stat of 440
Dodrio has a new total stat of 440
Nidoqueen has a new total stat of 440
Nidoking has a new total stat of 440
Venomoth has a new total stat of 450
Electrode has a new total stat of 450
Flareon has a new total stat of 450
Vaporeon has a new total stat of 450
Jolteon has a new total stat of 450
Tentacruel has a new total stat of 455
Rapidash has a new total stat of 460
Ninetails has a new total stat of 460
Arcanine has a new total stat of 460
Beedrill has a new total stat of 465
Tauros has a new total stat of 480
Parasect has a new total stat of 530
Kingler has a new total stat of 530

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 16, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Maybe it is different. I remember someone speculating on the E4 pokes in a different one of the earlier runs based on which hack it appeared to be, and they were wrong.

isndl posted:

Nah, Diglett can learn Cut, and we have no shortage of those.
And Onyx can do Strength, right?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Diglett can only learn cut in Yellow. At least they can plant trees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCsayJJg4iQ

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I just realized, the run is going to have 3 pokemon that can use dig.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
1000 pages jesus

Is there any Games thread that got to 1000 in a year?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Kylra posted:

I just realized, the run is going to have 3 pokemon that can use dig.
Diglett learns it at level 19, so one already knows it! :getin:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

notoriousman posted:

Diglett learns it at level 19, so one already knows it! :getin:

I still remember with perfect clarity the moment Digrat dug out of the Rocket hideout before they could grab the Silph Scope. Having 3 pokemon with Dig should be highly amusing.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

The look that Spearow gives us is the perfect commentary on our performance to date.

Edit: Just realized that according to our team, we're a Hiker.

Remora fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 16, 2015

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Zonekeeper posted:

I still remember with perfect clarity the moment Digrat dug out of the Rocket hideout before they could grab the Silph Scope. Having 3 pokemon with Dig should be highly amusing.

That was really the highpoint of the run. I'm so glad I got to see it live.

Shamelessly reposting gif a friend made of the occasion.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

And there goes their weepinbell, and with it gone the PC is cleaned out. What they have in party now is everything they have. For them to have any chance at progress it's going to be grinding for a very long time.

Playing a 151 hack: good idea. Playing a 151 hack where the difficulty is turned up: terrible idea.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Went to pc, got everything but the weepingbell. Who is now dead. Nothing is left in the pc. Onix, mankey, paras and 3 digletts in party.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

If digletts can't learn cut like someone said then poke ball money is required to get agrass type, right?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

So in order to progress, we have to earn enough money with a severely underlevelled team to buy a pokeball, actually buy the pokeball, use the pokeball to catch a pokemon that can learn cut, retrieve cut (?), learn cut, use cut, and beat a gym leader. And unless I miss my guess, we'll have to recut the tree every time we black out. Did I miss anything?

Edit: Oh, that's much better. Nevermind.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Paras can know Cut, so that solves that conundrum (it is part grass-type, after all :eng101:)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've got one question for you all.

CAN YOU DIGLETT, SUCKA!?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Apparently money can be gained by fighting meowths that use payday, so money for more pokeballs should theoretically not be an issue as long as backtracking to the meowth grass is possible.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Kylra posted:

Apparently money can be gained by fighting meowths that use payday, so money for more pokeballs should theoretically not be an issue as long as backtracking to the meowth grass is possible.

Each of those pay days will only earn us like 1/6th of poke ball and even then we'll lose it again by getting our arse kicked.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zonekeeper posted:

My favorite was when we walked around the table Giovanni was sitting at a few times, then used dig 3 spaces away from him.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

My favorite was when we walked around the table Giovanni was sitting at a few times, then used dig 3 spaces away from him.

Still doesn't beat dying to poison literally facing the key in cinnabar mansion.

isndl
May 2, 2012
After great struggle, Twitch manages to capture two Meowths and an Exeggcute. Then they return to the PC and promptly release them. :allears:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I wouldn't have it any other way.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Mymla posted:

Still doesn't beat dying to poison literally facing the key in cinnabar mansion.

The best part about cinnabar mansion was being trapped in a 2x1 set of tiles by the thief who couldn't find his partner.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

isndl posted:

After great struggle, Twitch manages to capture two Meowths and an Exeggcute. Then they return to the PC and promptly release them. :allears:
Now that there's an empty spot, maybe they can get a Meowth without the PC shenanigans later.

And then overwrite Payday.

Talorat posted:

I wouldn't have it any other way.
Things like that are why TPP Red is the best version.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kylra posted:

Things like that are why TPP Red is the best version.

Isn't it? Later generations make it much harder to "accidentally" toss items/pokemon so they lack the element of danger that G1 has. Without it TPP just isn't as exciting.

Plus it compounds with the myriad glitches the game has to make the experience that much better. :allears:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm pretty sure in the latter versions, they just intentionally released their starter for the sake of tradition. Like, Platinum had four released mons, chimchar and three bidoof.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Meowth get. And in party no less.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Anyone know why they're trying to get into the daycare?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maybe to level the Meowth and get another one in party as a backup.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

isndl posted:

Anyone know why they're trying to get into the daycare?

We have to save Rick Gastly.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

So they can get rid of diglet without having to face the horrors of the PC.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I feel like they can grind back from a screwed up PC run more quickly than actually getting into the daycare, but who knows. Looks like they gave up and went back to Vermillion anyways.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Leech King.

Now in SS Anne again and beating up kids for their lunch money pokemon trainers for money. Probably to get more pokeballs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

More pokeballs that are being thrown away in trainer fights on the SS Anne instead of catching pokemon before we throw the pokeballs away in trainer fights.

Also body slam TM was acquired, but half the chat doesn't want to use it before it's sold or doesn't know about it.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 18, 2015

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
They're in Surge's Gym, and they're going to be in Surge's Gym for a while

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

These are some next level Diglett strats right here

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Diglett beats Raichu with a Struggle crit :pusheen:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Can't wait to do lavender tower and rocket HQ with two diglett.

Mymla fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Parasect is a fuckin boss, I knew there was a reason he was always my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon :getin:

Oh poo poo now our Parasect is fighting an enemy Parasect :ohdear:

• Locked thread