Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Doing side-missions on one character doesn't lock you out of them on alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I know, but its better than doing content twice or up to four times and getting bored with it.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I know, but its better than doing content twice or up to four times and getting bored with it.

Or 16 times. Or 22 in medullahs case.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Or 16 times. Or 22 in medullahs case.

I have 14 characters, shesh. Hulk Smash had me beat on alts. I did all side missions on four characters, leveled two on 12x class mission xp, and the rest were leveled all with PvP and flashpoints.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This. Despite the game having an excellent leveling experience, there's a lot of missions and a lot of them have bonus objectives. If you do every mission on every alt, odds are you're going to burn out. Add in the fact that regardless of faction, most of the planets have an identical experience and it compounds the likelihood of getting bored.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game despite all its faults, but once you get to 25 and you're staring at Tatooine -> Alderaan* -> Hoth for the 4th or 5th time, the thought of doing everything again feels like this huge burden. At least to me, anyway.

*I actually enjoy both Tat and Hoth, but Alderaan always breaks me.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I have 14 characters, shesh. Hulk Smash had me beat on alts. I did all side missions on four characters, leveled two on 12x class mission xp, and the rest were leveled all with PvP and flashpoints.

Yup 21 Alts but only 3 are 60. 12 are 55 and the rest are in their 20's, so it's not like I have a problem or anything.

:smith:

At least I'm preferred now and the restrictions kill any desire I have to play right now.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Why did they remove the War Hero Eliminator set, the only piece of dress-up I care about?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Why did they remove the War Hero Eliminator set, the only piece of dress-up I care about?

So they can bring back a palette swap version to the cartel market eventually.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Spent most of the weekend on Dromund Kaas and left for Nar Shaddaa at level 20. Good lord, Nar Shaddaa's planet design is super ... well, not much of a planet. I thought about turning around to the other planet (can't remember the name) that my storyline gave me the option of taking, but I was already over-leveled for it (which is too bad since my crew skills are under-level for Nar Shadda :\). Anyway, gonna try and power through the rest of the class missions before the 2x XP is gone so I can hopefully stop getting nickel and dimed every time I try to do a mission.

Took this shot while I was on Dromund Kaas:

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ive got my bounty hunter to 32 and I really enjoy the story but I just dont care much for the ranged aspect of arsenal. Is there a class that's the equivalent of a death knight in WoW? A melee murder machine with plenty of self heals or damage soaking stuff. I should have asked before 2xp was almost gone.

E: Looks like warrior with Juggernaut.

Tim Jong-un fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 16, 2015

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Just started playing this game as Wilhurff, do I need to get an invite to the guild or can I apply ingame?

Enjoying the imperial agent story quite a lot so far. Scoundrels, smugglers and regular troopers living and wading through the slimy underbellies of enormous vertical cities have always been the real meat and potatoes of Star Wars for me. Looking forward to revisiting Nar Shaddaa, my favorite locations in Jedi Knight.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oh man, you're in for a treat. Nar Shaddaa looks loving amazing.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Zet posted:

Spent most of the weekend on Dromund Kaas and left for Nar Shaddaa at level 20. Good lord, Nar Shaddaa's planet design is super ... well, not much of a planet

Because Nar Shaddaa is an ecumenopolis moon.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Vriess posted:

Because Nar Shaddaa is an ecumenopolis moon.

Yeah, I'm not familiar enough with Star Wars to have known that (and I only remember the"moon" part when glancing over the description. Really, my big gripe is that I have to wait through the taxi transition all the time.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Thinking about trying this again. Played at launch and really enjoyed the Imperial Agent storyline, but got bored quickly at level 50 and haven't touched it again. Always enjoy playing healer, but which of the other imperial healer classes has the best/most interesting storylines when leveling? Will probably start over, and will be nice to try something other than agent.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Sjonkel posted:

Thinking about trying this again. Played at launch and really enjoyed the Imperial Agent storyline, but got bored quickly at level 50 and haven't touched it again. Always enjoy playing healer, but which of the other imperial healer classes has the best/most interesting storylines when leveling? Will probably start over, and will be nice to try something other than agent.

Depends really. Bounty Hunter can toss out heals, the story is about as you'd expect a bounty hunter story to go, there are bounties, go hunt them. Sorcerer is the other healer, their story is more about your quest to go from apprentice to master while being a bit of a ghostbuster on the side.

I think the sorc is the better healer and probably a stronger class overall at the moment but sometimes you just need to go pew pew ya know.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Harry Joe posted:

Depends really. Bounty Hunter can toss out heals, the story is about as you'd expect a bounty hunter story to go, there are bounties, go hunt them. Sorcerer is the other healer, their story is more about your quest to go from apprentice to master while being a bit of a ghostbuster on the side.

I think the sorc is the better healer and probably a stronger class overall at the moment but sometimes you just need to go pew pew ya know.

Actually from what I've read, mercenary is the king poo poo for healers now. And they no longer really do pew pew heals, they more or less have borrowed Treeks kolto dart

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Medullah posted:

Actually from what I've read, mercenary is the king poo poo for healers now. And they no longer really do pew pew heals, they more or less have borrowed Treeks kolto dart

Ah, I haven't played my merc since near release really, I was just going by my pvp matches where mercs tend to die like gnats and competent sorcs are massive assholes who take forever to take down. Might have to go back and play her some to get a feel for the class again.
Anything to allow me to hold off on Tat for the 6th time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Harry Joe posted:

Ah, I haven't played my merc since near release really, I was just going by my pvp matches where mercs tend to die like gnats and competent sorcs are massive assholes who take forever to take down. Might have to go back and play her some to get a feel for the class again.
Anything to allow me to hold off on Tat for the 6th time.

Yeah 3.0 made some massive changes to both mercs and sorcs. Mercs can now do an 8 man heal with Kolto missile.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Sjonkel posted:

which of the other imperial healer classes has the best/most interesting storylines when leveling?

After Agent, definitely Inquisitor (Sorcerer).

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Electrophotonic posted:

Just started playing this game as Wilhurff, do I need to get an invite to the guild or can I apply ingame?

Just find someone in the guild and they'll point you at someone who can invite. I got a new SSD this morning so I'm currently watching the game install - should be done in an hour or so. I'll try and find you to get you invited once I'm up and running.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

So hang on a minute, I was hovering over my XP bar just before the Double XP Weekend ended and I noted a little comment that "Rested XP is not counted and will not be affected while the bonus is in effect."

So if it was ignoring Rested, then basically all the Double XP Weekend did was let you play as if you were rested all weekend long, right? So if you're an altaholic like myself and just switch toons every time the one I'm on is no longer Rested, I wasn't actually getting any benefit from the Double at all, right?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

jng2058 posted:

So hang on a minute, I was hovering over my XP bar just before the Double XP Weekend ended and I noted a little comment that "Rested XP is not counted and will not be affected while the bonus is in effect."

So if it was ignoring Rested, then basically all the Double XP Weekend did was let you play as if you were rested all weekend long, right? So if you're an altaholic like myself and just switch toons every time the one I'm on is no longer Rested, I wasn't actually getting any benefit from the Double at all, right?

Rested only doubles XP from kills, not quests. Double XP weekend doubles everything.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Hey guild overlord people who are never on, we really need a big clean-up of the roster as we're once again getting close to the guild size cap of 500. I know cleaning is hard, but I think we need to work out some kind of plan to get the list down to a number that more accurately reflects the number of people who are actually currently playing the game (which seems to be more like 100 to 150 tops). Also I think more people need to be given invite privileges (last night I got about 5 messages from people wanting invites and I'm sure there are several people waiting who aren't on when I'm on) and a few more people to have more privileges to carry out the other administrative functions necessary to running a guild like managing the guild bank and spaceship.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd be willing to be an inviter or whatever, I think I'll be playing this for a while. My in-game name is Xarrec.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I re-subbed and I think I'm just going to play out each story and have one 60. How solid is operative dps/heals end-game? The dulfy guide on operative dps wasn't very optimistic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I uninstalled on my desktop to resist temptation to play but still have swtor installed on my laptop, albeit about 6 months behind in patches. I'll log on sometime in the next few days and clean up a bunch of people that i can, and promote a few people to inviters.

As i said before though...now that a few of us are taking a break there is opportunity for some of you guys to step up and show the boss you'd be a good officer - put together some raids, help people out, get guild communication going, etc. The "Overlords who never play" just are a bit wore out from the billions of hours we put in over the last few years and need a breather. We're giant nerds, we'll be back.

Guild bank is pretty much non existent so there's no need to have anyone organize it right now.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rosalind posted:

Hey guild overlord people who are never on, we really need a big clean-up of the roster as we're once again getting close to the guild size cap of 500. I know cleaning is hard, but I think we need to work out some kind of plan to get the list down to a number that more accurately reflects the number of people who are actually currently playing the game (which seems to be more like 100 to 150 tops). Also I think more people need to be given invite privileges (last night I got about 5 messages from people wanting invites and I'm sure there are several people waiting who aren't on when I'm on) and a few more people to have more privileges to carry out the other administrative functions necessary to running a guild like managing the guild bank and spaceship.

I just ran through the list and removed anyone that I could that hasn't logged on in 90+ days. We're now 54 under the cap - when it starts creeping up again, I'll take a look again. I don't think I have privileges to modify the guild bank or spaceship. I'm only a "Colonel" which, near as I can tell is the rank right below officer. If Oedzi wants to promote me, that's up to him, but I'm doing what I can.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Medullah posted:

Guild bank is pretty much non existent so there's no need to have anyone organize it right now.

I'm not sure what you mean by that since it's pretty full of junk. If that's considered non-existent then maybe it should be cleaned out, organized, and the money from selling the junk invested back into the guild bank? Just a thought.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as antagonistic. That's not my intention. I just want to get this guild into good shape.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rosalind posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by that since it's pretty full of junk. If that's considered non-existent then maybe it should be cleaned out, organized, and the money from selling the junk invested back into the guild bank? Just a thought.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as antagonistic. That's not my intention. I just want to get this guild into good shape.

What's your character name? I can grant you inviting privileges.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Jedi posted:

What's your character name? I can grant you inviting privileges.

I already have invite privileges, but thank you for the offer. I'm Sassic/Sassik, the girl who is on like almost every night, for the record.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rosalind posted:

You should be able to take almost anything out of the guild bank except the fifth tab. That is where the rare guild items are kept (like dreadful essence and ship expansion parts) When enough people are regularly raiding (16 regulars), dreadful essence can be used to go after Dreadtooth at max stacks. And ship parts, well we need 200 of those to unlock rooms and no one does conquest.
So feel free to grab whatever from tabs 1-4, sell and put back in, but most of the stuff is pretty low in value. Last i looked the guild bank was at 2 million.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

So I still feel like I'm brand new to this game even though I just hit 58 (realistically I'd be like 52 if it wasn't for double xp weekend). Just finishing up Makeb and then headed to whatever's next. All of the lvl 50 priority missions (corellia, etc) are gray now.

I'm curious, as someone who is 500 synth/arch/underworld (and therefore doesn't want to untrain those skills and start from scratch, though if I have to I have to) what is a good way to make credits at 58/60 or whatever?

I ask this because I just assumed I'd start making money hand over fist based on the amount of money people sell their high level stuff for on the GTN but I think right now I have maybe 30k credits. Obviously missions will help that but how do you get to the point that you have millions and millions?

Basically I just really want a Cartel Decadent Skiff and black/black dye ok.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tyler is a joke posted:

So I still feel like I'm brand new to this game even though I just hit 58 (realistically I'd be like 52 if it wasn't for double xp weekend). Just finishing up Makeb and then headed to whatever's next. All of the lvl 50 priority missions (corellia, etc) are gray now.

I'm curious, as someone who is 500 synth/arch/underworld (and therefore doesn't want to untrain those skills and start from scratch, though if I have to I have to) what is a good way to make credits at 58/60 or whatever?

I ask this because I just assumed I'd start making money hand over fist based on the amount of money people sell their high level stuff for on the GTN but I think right now I have maybe 30k credits. Obviously missions will help that but how do you get to the point that you have millions and millions?

Basically I just really want a Cartel Decadent Skiff and black/black dye ok.

Get to 60 and run dailies. The only thing you can make with the crafting skills you have are augmentation slot components (make a level 490ish item and reverse engineer it to get a component, 10 of them along with some Slicing components make a augment kit) Those sell pretty well.

Synthweaving is, along with Armormech, pretty useless in the endgame.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Woops, somehow thought I could just wholly skip a class storyline that I was overleveled for. I guess not. OTOH, I can hopefully get my crew skills back on track.

Still, makes me feel like the 2x XP weekend wasn't too useful for a new player going through the storyline to level. :shrug:

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

Yeah I actually stopped playing my alts during the xp bonus because I didn't want to get too far ahead of the storyline.

Medullah, is there another set of crewskills that I could get? I'm actually not as averse to dropping Synthweaving now as I've apparently maxxed out all the schematics I'm going to get and it seems pretty loving useless since modded gear is infinitely better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tyler is a joke posted:

Yeah I actually stopped playing my alts during the xp bonus because I didn't want to get too far ahead of the storyline.

Medullah, is there another set of crewskills that I could get? I'm actually not as averse to dropping Synthweaving now as I've apparently maxxed out all the schematics I'm going to get and it seems pretty loving useless since modded gear is infinitely better.

Look at the Op, I gave my recommendations for crew skills. Basically Cybertech if you plan on having alts will be most useful, and you can't go wrong with Biochem. Artifice was getting up there with some good things to sell, dyes are always in demand and the enhancements they make are superior to the basic comm gear. Plus they can make Relics which you can't buy with comms.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Realistically how does Operative dps fare at end-game? The dulfy guide wasn't very optimistic and I've been loving the concealment rogue-like play of the class. I don't mind having to become a full-time healer in raids though, I'd probably dps for the daily group content.

Khako fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 18, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Khako posted:

Realistically how does Operative dps fare at end-game? The dulfy guide wasn't very optimistic and I've been loving the concealment rogue-like play of the class. I don't mind having to become a full-time healer in raids though, I'd probably dps for the daily group content.

You're going to work harder than any other AC to be at the best mediocre. A lack of AoE doesn't help either. The few HM/NiM DPS Op/Scoundrels from before 3.0 I knew have pretty much switched to Mando/Merc or Sage/Sorc with Mando/Merc being favored for Ravager/ToS progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If you wanna bump me to colonel or whatever I'll start kicking tomorrow.

But it should be staying at around 400ish, considering a ton of us have like 5 or 6 alts

• Locked thread