Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

Ah, I forgot that the other half of the suit was upheld. I was remembering that the defamation claim got laughed out of court for being baseless, and didn't remember that the judge reasoned that having a match after Hogan's match and saying Hogan's win didn't count and his belt wasn't real amounted to taking his ability to control the match finish and his character away from him.

I think that ruling is bullshit, but whatever, that's why we have judges.

Regardless, I think that it's clear that Hogan would not have filed the suit in the first place if he wasn't a big baby throwing a tantrum because the promo was too mean. If, as Russo has stated, Hulk walking out with the belt and coming back later to face the Champion they crowned in his place was the story, the entire lawsuit was a crock. The fact that the judge sided with Hulk's interpretation of the CC clause was just good fortune and could have easily gone the other way. That's why lawyers always tell their clients to avoid court and try to settle.

EDIT: Anyway, I think it was a good promo, which was really the point of the topic. The fallout that resulted doesn't have much bearing on that opinion.

It was a stupid, well delivered promo that said a bunch of poo poo about Hogan you wanted to hear. The whole storyline was a dumb idea and Russo went too far with it and said several things that were not cleared with Hogan. This wasn't the first time Hogan had been called bald in WCW and he didn't sue those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

EDIT: Anyway, I think it was a good promo, which was really the point of the topic. The fallout that resulted doesn't have much bearing on that opinion.

actually, fucker, the point that you said was that it was a good worked shoot that worked..and you got owned. so own that and wipe your face off!!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

yea ok posted:

actually, fucker, the point that you said was that it was a good worked shoot that worked..and you got owned. so own that and wipe your face off!!

I think I'm just going to laugh and hug a small child and pretend the entire conversation didn't mean anything so whether I won or lost is ultimately inconsequential.

Love me or hate me, you have to respect me.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I only like to be entertained if it doesn't break the law.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just wanted to make a wee wordplay and now people are being smug dickholes. :(

That promo was bad, tho. Doubt it would have worked even if Hogan hadn't used it as a way to get out of his contract.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Paige posted:

Just saw there's a whole Twitter acct dedicated to my tongue..

I've made it. 🏆

The sheer horror that must go with being a woman wrestler never stops surprising me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oldpainless posted:

Name ONE other time Hogan used it. Just ONE.

Doomsday Cage of Doom match.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

The sheer horror that must go with being a woman wrestler never stops surprising me.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That boy does things with a pringles tube filled with liver that'll scar your soul.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

She knew the risks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hahaha gross

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

which one of you is Ryan Elliott?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

sportsgenius86 posted:

which one of you is Ryan Elliott?

I think he posts here as sportsgenius86

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Somehow the cutout has a look of horror on it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Emma's tweet about Vince McMahon's Muscle and Fitness is amazing:
https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/567737399753863168

May or may not be her own tweet but still if it was her.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

schweens posted:

I think he posts here as sportsgenius86

drat foiled again

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

I wouldn't say I'm surprised by it, more like a sustained expression of consistent horror.

If I had a question to ask a panel at a convention it would probably be about how the women deflect creeps and obsessive fans.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Huh.
wonder where he's going to go.

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/567807616547700736

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
At this point, I have no doubt Twitch.tv streaming pays better.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He could probably do decently well on the indies, ROH might have a spot for him. Seems like an odd fit for Lucha Underground but who even knows at this point. He may not be on TV.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No matter where he ends up, he's going to a better place.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Jerusalem posted:

No matter where he ends up, he's going to a better place.

So what you're saying is Joe's going to become a farm?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

joe probably made pretty good money to do absolutely nothing since 2008

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The ISW booker explained why AJ blocked him on twitter.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I wouldn't say he's done nothing but his wrestling career literally went down a hole with TNA.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Squalitude posted:

I wouldn't say he's done nothing but his wrestling career literally went down a hole with TNA.

stuck :(

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

@HeymanHustle posted:

Hmmm RT @SamoaJoe I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling. My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans.

:pray:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gonzo McFee posted:

I really don't think it's any worse than being a woman celebrity of any type. Or a male celebrity for that matter. There are plenty of female and gay creepers on the interweb who's descriptions of what they would do to Tom Cruise or George Clooney would make you want to hide under your bed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

what they would do to Tom Cruise

Force him to see a psychiatrist?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah, Moolah's dead.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Do you think Heyman could pass him off as one of the Rock's relatives to Vince?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Nah, Moolah's dead.

That's the only time watching that Countdown show on the Network angered me, when I realised Moolah was on the 'greatest Divas' list and I was grinding my teeth hearing all these women (possibly honestly, I don't know how much Layla knows about Moolah's history) gush about her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Do you think Heyman could pass him off as one of the Rock's relatives to Vince?

Heyman: Hey Vince, this is Samoa Joe and personally I think you're wrong, you definitely could NOT make him a star, you'd fail if you tried.
Vince: Oh we'll just see about that, buddy! :argh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Fantastic.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Gaz-L posted:

That's the only time watching that Countdown show on the Network angered me, when I realised Moolah was on the 'greatest Divas' list and I was grinding my teeth hearing all these women (possibly honestly, I don't know how much Layla knows about Moolah's history) gush about her.

Yeah, I was going to say I also got irrationally angry about it but I guess it's actually not irrational at all because she was a horrible person. I assume the stories aren't well known enough for WWE to not mention her, but still.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Roman Reigns posted:

She knew the risks.

Please

Don't try this.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

BGrifter posted:

Fantastic.

This is just glorious.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

:stare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty sure this guy posts on /sp/ with a Paige tripcode of sorts and I'm much, much less sure that it's a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Don't touch the poop, Paige, you'll just encourage them.