Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Spectacle Rock posted:

That girl in the bar that Saul met with in episode 2, maybe I'm crazy but she really looked like a non-drugged up version of the hooker Wendy from Breaking Bad. Any chance it is the same actress?

Looking forward to a new episode tonight.

Um, no. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spectacle Rock posted:

That girl in the bar that Saul met with in episode 2, maybe I'm crazy but she really looked like a non-drugged up version of the hooker Wendy from Breaking Bad. Any chance it is the same actress?

Looking forward to a new episode tonight.

My roommate thinks it's one of the girls from the 90s sitcom Just the Ten of Us.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Saul Goodman is faceblind too so I can't fault you.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Everyone has been looking for Wendy and for Jesse's dad ever since some rando entered their names on IMDB.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I want a cameo from the other Jimmy in the BB series: James Edward Kilkelly, aka Jimmy In-And-Out, the guy who likes to go to prison haha

Interstitial Abs
Jul 11, 2008

Last Chance posted:

I want a cameo from the other Jimmy in the BB series: James Edward Kilkelly, aka Jimmy In-And-Out, the guy who likes to go to prison haha

He was going to go with the street name Jimmy Slip-In-and-Out, but there was just too much confusion.

grilldos posted:

This show is about Talking. Who's speaking, what are they literally saying, what are they implying, who holds the power in a conversation, and when Not Speaking is more powerful.

The black and white opening scene, Saul never says one word. More importantly, he doesn't Converse. He's lost his power. Younger Jimmy then spends the first two episodes with scenes where he coaches himself on how to speak, talks to imaginary people, talks to himself, but it's all fluff.

We also see him in one-on-one conversations with many different people like the PD clerk, Mike, etc. where Jimmy won't shut the gently caress up trying to get what he wants, and the other person says little or nothing at all. The other person wins.

Then there are plenty of scenes where he's getting his footing, like with the treasurer and his wife, or the convo with Chuck's partners. He has flashes of great poo poo, and ultimately fails because he focused on the battle and not the war, he didn't massage the right angles, he didn't tap into the right person's emotions at the right moment.

And then there are the scenes where we see it all come the gently caress together for him, like when he sells the twins and negotiates with Tuco. Every word out of his mouth is The Right Word, and we can see it in every beat. He's figured out what makes his mark tick, injects emotion into it (his own personal history or picking at what his target is emotionally vulnerable about), and wins.

So to actually get to that "petty with a prior" thing: that other lawyer was smart enough to know he had all the power, and was saying the only thing he needed to say, which is why he is a successful lawyer. And most successful lawyers are annoying, assholes, or both. Jimmy finally defeats him by injecting a little heart into it while also speaking the right language. That montage ends with Jimmy learning two things: how to better speak, and that The Good Fight is a loving bitch. Enter Tuco's right hand.
I read all of this aloud in Mike's voice. Eat it bitches! :rock:

Interstitial Abs
Jul 11, 2008
Actually both Mike's voice and demeanor remind me of Burroughs.

Half Measure speech:
http://youtu.be/zdCxRRCptmI

Burroughs:
http://youtu.be/Q9kwcJpX_Zg

Burroughs: Kill the Badger. drat, I knew Badger was a linchpin in the BB underground! :tinfoil:
http://youtu.be/-SQQPratpOY

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Solice Kirsk posted:

My roommate thinks it's one of the girls from the 90s sitcom Just the Ten of Us.

It is.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005168/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

grilldos posted:

This show is about Talking. Who's speaking, what are they literally saying, what are they implying, who holds the power in a conversation, and when Not Speaking is more powerful.

The black and white opening scene, Saul never says one word. More importantly, he doesn't Converse. He's lost his power. Younger Jimmy then spends the first two episodes with scenes where he coaches himself on how to speak, talks to imaginary people, talks to himself, but it's all fluff.

We also see him in one-on-one conversations with many different people like the PD clerk, Mike, etc. where Jimmy won't shut the gently caress up trying to get what he wants, and the other person says little or nothing at all. The other person wins.

Then there are plenty of scenes where he's getting his footing, like with the treasurer and his wife, or the convo with Chuck's partners. He has flashes of great poo poo, and ultimately fails because he focused on the battle and not the war, he didn't massage the right angles, he didn't tap into the right person's emotions at the right moment.

And then there are the scenes where we see it all come the gently caress together for him, like when he sells the twins and negotiates with Tuco. Every word out of his mouth is The Right Word, and we can see it in every beat. He's figured out what makes his mark tick, injects emotion into it (his own personal history or picking at what his target is emotionally vulnerable about), and wins.

So to actually get to that "petty with a prior" thing: that other lawyer was smart enough to know he had all the power, and was saying the only thing he needed to say, which is why he is a successful lawyer. And most successful lawyers are annoying, assholes, or both. Jimmy finally defeats him by injecting a little heart into it while also speaking the right language. That montage ends with Jimmy learning two things: how to better speak, and that The Good Fight is a loving bitch. Enter Tuco's right hand.

This helps me.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm very psyched.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

yay it's time!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been waiting a week for this :dance:

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

"Now my rear end is on a highway to the danger zone" is one of the best preview lines ever

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, flashback to when Chuck was practicing law.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
No way hahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:lol: Was this when he was Slippin' Jimmy?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
As you can see I'm in a bit of a pickle :v:

Sex offender?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

ahah sex offender

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

A simple Chicago Sunroof!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Young Jimmys mullet rules.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Robawesome posted:

A simple Chicago Sunroof!

I need to know what that is!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Brock Samson posted:

Something worse than a Rusty Venture I bet

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So, he's getting arrested again this episode, right?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Brock Samson posted:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chicago+sunroof

Lots of guesses gonna be on this page soon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can't wait to hear them talk about that shot from inside the water cooler on the insider podcast on Thursday :allears:

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Can't wait to hear them talk about that shot from inside the water cooler on the insider podcast on Thursday :allears:

That shot cost $80,000 and the lives of three stuntmen, but by God it was worth it!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Antenna phone :3:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Quality PG phone conversation

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, real subtle Jimmy.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Poor Jimmy

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

He's not....

edit ok good thought he was gonna jerk off with the tube and rubber band somehow.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahahah that loving machine holy poo poo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

That answering machine message is incredible.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
What a terrible answering machine message.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

And here's where Jimmy McGill turns into Saul Goodman :unsmigghh:

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot
he's going to threaten them but is having trouble bringing himself to do it

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Oh poo poo, that wasn't good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"THIS IS A FRIENDLY STRANGER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Hawh the DIY voice masker sucks in every way.

• Locked thread