Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Neo Rasa posted:

Oh that's kind of low for how many drops will come up in some missions, I'm glad I never broke the habit of grabbing everything. :)

I think the auto pickup is intended to help snag a small handful of missed drops or ones that pop behind level geometry or whatnot, not to replace manual collection entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

Have they hinted at all at what the "boss pack" is? Like will it just be some challenge maps like those ones where you fight Agarok/Manhandla/Gohma at the same time? Or do they mean it will involve extra stuff for characters like Ganondorf and Cia and such?

All we know is that it's going to have 'two new game modes'. Beyond that nobody knows. I wouldn't expect too much from it, it's probably cheaper than the other packs for a reason

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm guessing they're gonna add kart racing and Smash Tour.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

nooooooooooooo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just did the summoning gate quest and was convinced I was taking too much damage the whole time, then finished it only to find that I had, in fact, not taken too much damage, but had gone 20 full seconds over the time limit.

I am never going to get these last three weapons. Kill me.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Bicyclops posted:

I just did the summoning gate quest and was convinced I was taking too much damage the whole time, then finished it only to find that I had, in fact, not taken too much damage, but had gone 20 full seconds over the time limit.

I am never going to get these last three weapons. Kill me.

Were you trying to unlock the actual weapon, or the weapon's next tiers?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Theta Zero posted:

Were you trying to unlock the actual weapon, or the weapon's next tiers?

The third tier. I just did again and my clear time was exactly 15:00. I also still have Agitha's and the Great Fairy, but Lana's seems to most realistic that I can actually achieve. It's still driving me crazy to get so close and fail over and over again, though. I'm really surprised I'm not losing for damage, because all of the dice rolls for summons seem to leave her wide open, but it's mostly that getting the few extra kills after clearing out the officers and trying to take down Link are taking just a little too much time.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Whoever thought that Mini-Imprisoned was a good idea, and especially putting them alongside the normal Imprisoned, needs to be taken out back and shot. Thank God the top maps are more lenient on the "taking damage" aspect when it comes to ranks...

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Quick question, do Masks of Truth and Majora's Mask items not respawn on the Termina map? I've stopped the moon and I'm sitting at 2 of each, but no new ones have spawned for collection.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010
I've heard that you need to reset the map for those items to respawn. I haven't done that, so I can't confirm it for myself.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Whoever thought that Mini-Imprisoned was a good idea, and especially putting them alongside the normal Imprisoned, needs to be taken out back and shot. Thank God the top maps are more lenient on the "taking damage" aspect when it comes to ranks...

Whoever designed the Imprisoned should be shot.

Whoever decided to put that awful thing in this game should be shot.

Whoever decided to make it impossible to break its weakpoint in one go should also be shot.

If it was the same person for all three, then said person should be shot three times. :commissar:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

CGH posted:

I've heard that you need to reset the map for those items to respawn. I haven't done that, so I can't confirm it for myself.

Just tried resetting the map and more MoT's and MM's popped up for me to grab, so theory confirmed I guess.

Repeat: Resetting the Termina map with the song of Time will respawn Mask of Truth and Majora's Mask items.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm stuck on the Termina map. To get a Zora mask, I need a Goron mask. To get a Goron mask, I either need a Goron mask or a Zora mask. What am I supposed to do?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm stuck on the Termina map. To get a Zora mask, I need a Goron mask. To get a Goron mask, I either need a Goron mask or a Zora mask. What am I supposed to do?

Bruceski posted:

Here, have a crappy MSPaint scribble of the route to the first of each mask (and the deku stick because why not).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Right, but the problem is, that Goron Mask above Majora's Mask on the way to 4 requires a Zora Mask.

If I try to go towards the Zora Mask at 3, the Ice Arrow square requires a Goron Mask. And even though it's not on the path, the Goron Mask at Snowpoint under the Deku Mask/beside the costume requires another Goron Mask to reach.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010
Isn't spot #2 on that map holding a Goron Mask?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

CGH posted:

Isn't spot #2 on that map holding a Goron Mask?

It is. If you've already used it, play a level next to that one and the Mask will generally respawn afterward.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ah, I wasn't sure of the respawning requirements, that's what was getting me since I've played a few levels and it still hadn't come back.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm just thanking god for the fact that resetting the map doesn't make it so you have to use goron and zora masks again. Just clear the map and move on.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I a third try at the summoning gate and missed it by damage this time (although I cleaned up on time).

I took a break to do some early Master Quest map stuff. I needed a water bomb to get a weapon reward for Impa, so I played a level with a water bomb where the A rank reward was a heart piece for Zelda and her favored weapon was the baton.

Holy loving poo poo. It was a "beat the officers" level, and by the time I had killed the first officer, I had lost almost all of my health. Beating it was extremely easy (in fact, once I knew I had definitively taken too much damage, I just chilled and took every keep and cleared all the red of the map), but seriously, a horde of officers and two "dark" NPCs is a little much!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

jivjov posted:

I've heard the limit is 20 drops and that it will prioritize gold and silver materials, but I have no idea how this was determined.

I get way more than 20 mats per level and I don't pick up anything.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do certain levels drop weapons for certain characters more frequently?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think the first weapon you pick up is always some version of the one you're using and completing a mission that would normally have unlocked a weapon will give you one.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Termina map seems to love to drop weapons. Even if you really, really want materials. I can't say for certain characters but the frequency is there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Termina loves to drop low-rank weapons. I think I've seen maybe two tier-3 ones among all the junk.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
When you're doing Termina, I recommend taking all the spare gold materials you have and using them on Weapon Rank III potions on every map where you're not using Rupee Festival.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alacron posted:

When you're doing Termina, I recommend taking all the spare gold materials you have and using them on Weapon Rank III potions on every map where you're not using Rupee Festival.

That's not really necessary. If you do levels on the moon, the majority of the weapon drops will be rank 3 weapons.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That's not really necessary. If you do levels on the moon, the majority of the weapon drops will be rank 3 weapons.

True, but I might as well do something will all these Zant Masks, Ghirahim Capes, Cia Scepters etc. that I have laying around.

Seriously, I've got like 100 gold materials with nothing else to use them on.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I finally got the highest level summoning gate!! Two more left. Somehow I just have to figure out what the hell I am doing with Agitha and the Great Fairy and finally I can move on to the Master Quest map, returning to the regular map only occasionally for some heart pieces or skulltulas.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's an update on the contents of the final part of the season pass: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update_0226.html

-Boss rush score attack mode, Link/Zelda/Lana costumes as rewards
-Ganon Mode! Cause mayhem and destruction for big scores! Ganondorf/Cia costumes as rewards

There's also another patch (1.6) that fixes the load times and adds all the usual junk (higher level cap, new potions, new medals, etc).

Out in Japan on February 26.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 17, 2015

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

On mobile so I can't link, but there's news on the final dlc. Boss fight mode, also play as pig trident super ganon. Fix for loading times, higher level cap, costumes, a few other things.

Efb etc

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Holy gently caress Ganon mode, that sounds pretty much perfect. What a coda to the ridiculous character escalation of the DLC and everything else.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, that seems like a decent coda to the DLC. Hopefully I will have some time to catch up now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
God...not another level cap increase. Isn't 200 high enough?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy poo poo Ganon mode.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

jivjov posted:

God...not another level cap increase. Isn't 200 high enough?

Yeah... they should have stopped with that . Most of my characters are barely 50, and I've been playing for what feel like forever!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I was hoping for some Heart Containers for Twili Midna.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Let's be honest, though: the heart containers are realistically pretty useless for getting any rewards.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
Heart containers are nice for just getting through squares that you know you're underleveled for or just not giving a gently caress when grinding out levels/rupees/skill unlocks. Max level Midna has iirc all but 5ish heart containers? I'd load it up to check but it's midnight and I need to head to bed >.> She's my only 200, and soooo much fun holy poo poo. The load time fix is going to be nice, I didn't think to get 5 star 8 slots for people til after the most recent patch so I've only gotten a few. Thank goodness we can remove skills, too, Zelda got a rapier with Strong Attack+ :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I use places where I've missed heart containers to chill for awhile in between trying the hard levels. I aim for the ones that are in forts, so that I can just take my time, clearing all of the red off the map, not worrying about taking too much damage. When you don't have to A-rank levels or get the second skulltula in them, they are so chill.

• Locked thread