Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bad Moon posted:

John Hodgman for Killiwog

He's campaigning for MODOK actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Lewis Black for one of the red lanterns.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

greatn posted:

He's campaigning for MODOK actually

I thought the voice for MODOK in Earth's Mightiest Heroes was spot on. It was an almost perfect impression of Watch and/or Ward from Venture Brothers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really wish we could get a JLI series to at least get a Guy Gardener on screen

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Error 404 posted:

Lewis Black for one of the red lanterns.

This summer, Lewis Black is...Dex-Starr.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

I really wish we could get a JLI series to at least get a Guy Gardener on screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlK_CcCDEK8

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Krad posted:

I'm not, it'll probably be more Iron Man than actual Atom with shrinking powers.

What if his suit has a bunch of compartments with already-shrunk tools and rayguns and stuff? He just pulls out a little widget and SPROING it grows into a full-sized coherent light accelerator :science:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

WarLocke posted:

What if his suit has a bunch of compartments with already-shrunk tools and rayguns and stuff? He just pulls out a little widget and SPROING it grows into a full-sized coherent light accelerator :science:

Sounds like he'd make an awesome mobile headquarters for Team Arrow!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
prediction: ATOM is gonna fire up that suit & poo poo is going to go sideways & he'll be stuck shrunken.

Why? Because if it's science in Star[ling] City, it WILL go wrong...

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

XboxPants posted:

Sounds like he'd make an awesome mobile headquarters for Team Arrow!

I'm just saying; they said we wouldn't see shrinking on Arrow, but they didn't say anything about growth. :tinfoil:

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

WarLocke posted:

I'm just saying; they said we wouldn't see shrinking on Arrow, but they didn't say anything about growth. :tinfoil:

Good thing felicity and ray are paying a visit to star labs in the near future! We'll just see shrinking on the Flash instead :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Literally one of the best reasons to have Guy around since he just trolls the other GLs and gives zero fucks about it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I forgot the exact history on it, but the team that made the Justice League cartoon largely created John Stewart as a way to get some diversity on the team. Plus, I remember Bruce Timm and co. absolutely despised Hal Jordan.

Which, thank christ. The weird "Hal Jordan is the bestest!" is some serious old school nostalgia fuckery.

One of the things I like about Arrow is its willingness to alter and screw with established character and themes if it suits them. And sure, that occasionally means that the DC Universe's best female hand-to-hand fighter is shown to have trouble taking down more than one mook at a time.

But it also very clearly allows the fan conversation to be more than HUR HUR ACCURACY DUR.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What do comic fans and Geoff Johns have in common?

"I don't like the current Green Lantern. I want the Green Lantern from my youth."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Geoff Johns' youth was boring, our youth was hip and edgy and not the same white guy with different powers over and over again.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
I think it was this thread that finally made me realize how bad a writer Johns is. It was a comment about how Superboy was Johns's favorite character, so he got to write him in Teen Titans and changed everything about him. Personality, powers, and everything. He did the same to Bart Allen, but at least that came with in-story "justification."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AGirlWonder posted:

I think it was this thread that finally made me realize how bad a writer Johns is. It was a comment about how Superboy was Johns's favorite character, so he got to write him in Teen Titans and changed everything about him. Personality, powers, and everything. He did the same to Bart Allen, but at least that came with in-story "justification."

I'm not doubting this, but it always produces a :psyduck: when this stuff happens. Like, how can a character be your favourite when you have to change huge swathes of their personality and backstory when you're calling the shots?

It'd be like me saying I love James Bond, then getting to write a Bond novel where I reveal his parents are alive, actually Texan oil barons, and Bond gives up booze, sex, and violence.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gaz-L posted:

It'd be like me saying I love James Bond, then getting to write a Bond novel where I reveal his parents are alive, actually Texan oil barons, and Bond gives up booze, sex, and violence.

Halfway through reveal it to be a SPECTRE psyop and then have Bond bring the whole thing down, like Truman Show with sex and guns and really nothing like the Truman Show I donno where I got that analogy, and I'd watch it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I liked Gil Kane's art of Hal Jordan (he was the Green Lantern of my youth). I can't stand Guy, and I don't know anything about Kyle. However, I would be more than happy to see John on screen.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
The main potential with Kyle was that, as an artist, his lantern creations should have been utterly brilliant and wildly imaginative. They were not, however, and bringing Kyle to the screen would diminish pretty much any possibility of that appeal.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Stayne Falls posted:

The main potential with Kyle was that, as an artist, his lantern creations should have been utterly brilliant and wildly imaginative. They were not, however, and bringing Kyle to the screen would diminish pretty much any possibility of that appeal.

Kyle was a comic book artist. Him defaulting to giant robots and busty women all the time makes perfect sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Narcissus1916 posted:

One of the things I like about Arrow is its willingness to alter and screw with established character and themes if it suits them. And sure, that occasionally means that the DC Universe's best female hand-to-hand fighter is shown to have trouble taking down more than one mook at a time.

Cassandra Cain hasn't even appeared in this show :confused:

edit: or is it back to Lady Shiva in the nu52? Because she hasn't been in Arrow either.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Cassandra Cain hasn't even appeared in this show :confused:

edit: or is it back to Lady Shiva in the nu52? Because she hasn't been in Arrow either.

Cass doesn't exist in nu52 so yes, Shiva.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Cass doesn't exist in nu52 so yes, Shiva.

There are still a handfull of DCU martial artists that have yet to appear that could be fitted to work in Arrow like Lady Shiva or Richard Dragon or Judomaster. Alternatively, the can repurpose other characters like Young Justice did with Sportsmaster. I do think a more subtle major villain is due after all of these gigantic sieges and assaults on Starling. Bring in Everyman or Maxwell Lord or even Anarky or the Calculator if a nemesis is warranted for Felicity

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

There are still a handfull of DCU martial artists that have yet to appear that could be fitted to work in Arrow like Lady Shiva or Richard Dragon or Judomaster. Alternatively, the can repurpose other characters like Young Justice did with Sportsmaster. I do think a more subtle major villain is due after all of these gigantic sieges and assaults on Starling. Bring in Everyman or Maxwell Lord or even Anarky or the Calculator if a nemesis is warranted for Felicity

gently caress, just use Clock King again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

gently caress, just use Clock King again.

I sadly forgot about him.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I'd like to see The Question in Arrow. The power set would not be out of place on the show.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Cassandra Cain doesn't exist :(

I was speaking of Black Canary, who I'm sure pulled off a victory or two against Lady Shiva in the Birds of Prey days.

Richard Dragon is still floating about too, right?

I'd say thats far-fetched, but this is a show that regularly name drops Nanda Parbat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

I'd like to see The Question in Arrow. The power set would not be out of place on the show.

You mean the second-worst sinner in the world, cursed by 7 wizards that power Shazam/Captain Marvel to have no name and seek answers he can never find for all eternit- Yeah, gently caress the New 52.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I was reading comments on avclub's review of this week's Flash (because I hate myself), and I found

The CW Drinking Game

Shirtless Amell - Drink

Joe inspires Barry - Drink

Barry inspires Joe - Drink

Eddie smirks at Barry - Drink twice

Felicity prosthelytize the team - Waterfall

Diggle says something inspiring - Drink twice

Oliver tells someone they falied this city - Drink thrice

Wells does something fishy - Drink twice

Roy parkours - Drink <----THIS WILL GET YOU EXTREMELY DRUNK VERY QUICKLY

Someone actively climbing Salmon Ladder - Shotgun a beer

A female character (ANY female character) annoys the male audience - Pour yourself a shot, jerk

Cross-posting to the Flash thread, but I thought it was neat.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Senerio posted:

Roy parkours - Drink <----THIS WILL GET YOU EXTREMELY DRUNK VERY QUICKLY

Someone actively climbing Salmon Ladder - Shotgun a beer

A female character (ANY female character) annoys the male audience - Pour yourself a shot, jerk <----HAVE AN AMBULANCE ON STANDBY, THIS WILL KILL YOU

Fixed

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Roy one only really works if you also do a flip while drinking.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

I was really just answering if Shiva was the strongest martial artist in DCU currently. She's actually someone I'd expect to see. Hell, add Copperhead, Cheshire, Sportsmaster, Electrocutioner, Shrike, Los Gemelos, anybody. Just use these guys up before the Gotham writers realize they exist.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

I was really just answering if Shiva was the strongest martial artist in DCU currently. She's actually someone I'd expect to see. Hell, add Copperhead, Cheshire, Sportsmaster, Electrocutioner, Shrike, Los Gemelos, anybody. Just use these guys up before the Gotham writers realize they exist.

Basically any of Batman's second or third string rogues like Cluemaster or Crazy Quilt or Catman (especially him since that's one more step to a Secret Six episode)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

LongDarkNight posted:

This would be The Best.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I hope that Ollie fights Ras and get's his rear end handed to him a 2nd time, because that would be hilarious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

I hope that Ollie fights Ras and get's his rear end handed to him a 2nd time, because that would be hilarious.

I'm telling you: it should be a running gag where Ollie just gets clowned by Ras every single time they meet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Send Laurel off on the hiatus training camp montage, with Shiva, Nyssa and Cheshire. Comes back as stone motherfucker with a proper mask.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm telling you: it should be a running gag where Ollie just gets clowned by Ras every single time they meet.

But it should be something different each time. Ollie meets Ra's at a club, they initiate a friendly drinking contest, Ra's drinks Ollie under the table. Ollie pulls up to a stop light, looks over to see Ras in the car next to him, gets smoked off the line. Ollie goes to a karaoke bar with Team Arrow, and right before he is supposed to go up, Ra's does the song Ollie was planning to do, but better than Ollie could hope to achieve. Ollie and Ra's do an Iron Chef style cook off, after they taste each others' food, Ra's concedes that Ollie's version is better, and then apologizes for poisoning his own. Etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
But will Ollie cook chili in the cookoff?

• Locked thread