Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

N: Stanford RB coach Lance Taylor to UGA to coach WRs.

V: Mark Richt just hit peak 'run the dang ball.'

Edit: And just that quickly, it has been redacted. NVM.

I was looking forward to a thousand end-arounds, flanker sweeps, jet sweeps, and all the rest of those plays that never surprise anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LeeMajors posted:

N: Stanford RB coach Lance Taylor to UGA to coach WRs.

V: Mark Richt just hit peak 'run the dang ball.'

Edit: And just that quickly, it has been redacted. NVM.

If you were curious, you can blame the hire not panning out on the AJC apparently. :rolleyes: That or the leak from the UGA football office.

The things that old men complain about online never ceases to amaze me.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

Scarf posted:

Honestly though I just hope we both beat the poo poo out of Notre Dame.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you hate ND so much? (Stupid question, I know). I notice you're always quick to drop a "gently caress notre dame" more than even the people they play on a regular basis. What gives? I've been pretty ambivalent about Clemson. Excited to see Death Valley host ND though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DJExile posted:

Notre Dame had pretty regular games with Michigan, MSU and Purdue for a while.

Yeah, I forgot about the Notre Dame games, but at least they're not in a conference, so it's just a matter of getting the Big 10 teams to work out an open date in their conference schedule, instead of two conferences trying to match that up. Not that other conferences like the ACC/SEC don't do that already though. The Iowa/ISU game has been played at the beginning of the season for so long, I just don't think anyone really cares either.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fussy Dutchman posted:

Just out of curiosity, what makes you hate ND so much? (Stupid question, I know). I notice you're always quick to drop a "gently caress notre dame" more than even the people they play on a regular basis. What gives? I've been pretty ambivalent about Clemson. Excited to see Death Valley host ND though.

they're notre dame

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game
Now there are rumors of UGA moving Bryan McClendon from coaching RB's to WR's (his position while playing @ UGA) and bringing Thomas Brown back from Wisconsin to coach RB's. For reference, the WR coach that left for LSU (Ball) played RB in college, while our current RB coach played WR. Time to "fix the glitch", though McClendon has coached up some decent RB's during his tenure in Athens.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

2015 ACC Championship Odds at 5Dimes

Clemson +250
Florida State +300
Georgia Tech +400
Duke +800
Louisville +800
Virginia Tech +800
NC State +1000
Miami FL +1500
Pittsburgh +1500
North Carolina +2000
Boston College +3000
Virginia +3000
Syracuse +6000
Wake Forest +6000

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

BunLengthHotDog posted:

Now there are rumors of UGA moving Bryan McClendon from coaching RB's to WR's (his position while playing @ UGA) and bringing Thomas Brown back from Wisconsin to coach RB's. For reference, the WR coach that left for LSU (Ball) played RB in college, while our current RB coach played WR. Time to "fix the glitch", though McClendon has coached up some decent RB's during his tenure in Athens.

In additon to being Guy Coaching Melvin Gordon Brown's an excellent recruiter. It'd hurt to lose him.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

BunLengthHotDog posted:

I will take the dude who turned Gordon into a monster coaching at his position and the dude who picked up Gurley, Marshall, Crowell, Chubb, and Michel at WR coach. There is no contesting that McClendon is probably UGA's best recruiter, outside of of Bobo (gone) and Pruitt. Hell, he is probably better than both of those. I don't see this as a bad move if it is the case, honestly.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Fussy Dutchman posted:

It's mainly that I feel they get a lot of undue hype year after year simply because they're a "storied" program. Granted that's more the result of the media and the talking heads... But they always seem to be given the benefit of the doubt and are "going to be good" every single year, and then end up underperforming. Yet, next season they're "going to be good" again.

The fans I don't really have a problem with for the most part, except the random insufferable ones who, when asked why they follow ND simply say "well, I'm Irish/Catholic, so..." Like the team is the loving Pope of football.

Oh, and you know... the whole rape/suicide thing.

In all seriousness though I can't wait to be at that game in person. It's gonna be crazy fun.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fussy Dutchman posted:

There are death row criminals with a milder rap sheet than what Notre Dame gets away with

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

The fans I don't really have a problem with for the most part, except the random insufferable ones who, when asked why they follow ND simply say "well, I'm Irish/Catholic, so..." Like the team is the loving Pope of football.

That kinda made sense, like, 70 years ago. Now, not so much.

You know, back in the days when people would be like "if we elect a Catholic president, the Pope will come over here and take over America!"

Then they actually did get a Catholic president and he was just a womanizing liquor baron's son, which should have surprised no one.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 16, 2015

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't have the numbers in front of me but Akron was actually founded by that religion you despise, yes that one. In fact they have a secret organization that runs the school and they're indoctrinating your children.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That other thing you care about? They hate it and support the opposing viewpoint.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That other thing you care about? They hate it and support the opposing viewpoint.

Those bastards!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Akron was founded by Unitarians so this all checks out

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Looks like Brown to UGA is a done deal. I'm pretty pumped! Sorry for your loss, Wisconsin.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

2015 ACC Championship Odds at 5Dimes

Clemson +250
Florida State +300
Georgia Tech +400
Duke +800
Louisville +800
Virginia Tech +800
NC State +1000
Miami FL +1500
Pittsburgh +1500
North Carolina +2000
Boston College +3000
Virginia +3000
Syracuse +6000
Wake Forest +6000

I can't believe they didn't give UVA the longest odds

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't have the numbers in front of me but Akron was actually founded by that religion you despise, yes that one. In fact they have a secret organization that runs the school and they're indoctrinating your children.

I'm giddy at the thought of a "Boomer Sooner" from D_D next year when OU opens with Akron

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Akron could be playing the Indiana Hitler Youth Collegiate Academy and I'd be yelling War drat Iron Eagle all week long

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

Scarf posted:

It's mainly that I feel they get a lot of undue hype year after year simply because they're a "storied" program. Granted that's more the result of the media and the talking heads... But they always seem to be given the benefit of the doubt and are "going to be good" every single year, and then end up underperforming. Yet, next season they're "going to be good" again.

Oh, and you know... the whole rape/suicide thing.

In all seriousness though I can't wait to be at that game in person. It's gonna be crazy fun.

Ahh, fair enough. Being from the middle of nowhere (South Dakota)
I kind of fell into that "Welp, they're Catholic." :shrug: category. Now I'm in too deep.

Also, loving dreading the GT game. It's like navy with real defenders. Fuuuuck.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Meltathon posted:

Yeah, I forgot about the Notre Dame games, but at least they're not in a conference, so it's just a matter of getting the Big 10 teams to work out an open date in their conference schedule, instead of two conferences trying to match that up. Not that other conferences like the ACC/SEC don't do that already though. The Iowa/ISU game has been played at the beginning of the season for so long, I just don't think anyone really cares either.

They are loosely affiliated with the ACC now so they can continue to beat up on nobodies and duck Michigan and Michigan State

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Akron could be playing the Indiana Hitler Youth Collegiate Academy and I'd be yelling War drat Iron Eagle all week long

They always jump out to a huge lead in the first half, but as soon as you shut down their passing game, they end up in some sort of ball control ground thing that doesn't work, and their depth catches them in the fourth.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neodoomium posted:

They are loosely affiliated with the ACC now so they can continue to beat up on nobodies and duck Michigan and Michigan State

It's funny to me that Michigan fans are mad about ND no longer wanting to play them. Didn't Michigan used to refuse to play ND because they are Catholic?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
There was a time that I though Norte Dame was a fake university made up for some movie about midget that played football similar to Texas State University, those were better times.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

It's funny to me that Michigan fans are mad about ND no longer wanting to play them. Didn't Michigan used to refuse to play ND because they are Catholic?

A billion years ago Fielding Yost successfully got them blackballed from the Big Ten (some claim it was anti-Catholicism, he claimed he thought they recruited dirty), at a time when they logically could have joined, and encouraged a bunch of other schools in the conference to stop scheduling them. Notre Dame fans are somehow still really upset about this, even though it was almost certainly good for the program (because being forced to schedule nationally rather than just in the midwest helped make them the biggest brand in the sport) and basically none of them were alive when it happened.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 17, 2015

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Spacebump posted:

That was Ohio State. Michigan broke off relations with them back in 1910 because Yost thought Notre Dame was using professional players, or at least ones not eligible under the contract for the games.

I'm not aware of any particular bad blood between the athletic departments other than that. ND wasn't in the conference, so scheduling them was inconvenient.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Numlock posted:

There was a time that I though Norte Dame was a fake university made up for some movie about midget that played football similar to Texas State University, those were better times.

It's very possible that I'm missing a joke but http://www.txstate.edu/ exists.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Quandary posted:

It's very possible that I'm missing a joke but http://www.txstate.edu/ exists.

Texas State wasn't a school when the movie Necessary Roughness came out. The school in Necessary Roughness was called Texas State. Years late Southwest Texas State University changed its name to Texas State.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
true story, Texas Tech was very nearly named Texas State back in the 60's. Texas Tech was also very nearly made into Texas A&M Lubbock back in the 60's. Fuckin Aggies.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

News kinda: Aggie Corps of Cadets selects its first female Corps Commander http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Texas-AM-Universitys-Corps-of-Cadets-Selects-First-Woman-To-Lead-as-Corps-Commander-292083731.html

Views: They worshiped a female dog for decades before they even considered a human girl.

I don't know, I haven't looked at Texags or any other such horrible board either. I wonder if it's going over well

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

News kinda: Aggie Corps of Cadets selects its first female Corps Commander http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Texas-AM-Universitys-Corps-of-Cadets-Selects-First-Woman-To-Lead-as-Corps-Commander-292083731.html

Views: They worshiped a female dog for decades before they even considered a human girl.

I don't know, I haven't looked at Texags or any other such horrible board either. I wonder if it's going over well

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Never go to Texags

Like even with the standard of never going to fan boards aside.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why do people feel the need to go walk around in poo poo, then get poo poo all over the floor, when there's people that are trying to avoid poo poo in the first place

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Come on, guys. I'm trying real hard to pretend Texas A&M doesn't exist. It makes life so much more pleasant.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Ahahahaha the centuries and centuries of oppression of the white Christian male, when the gently caress is he ever going to catch a break in this cruel world? What horror will be visited upon him next? :ohdear:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Why do people feel the need to go walk around in poo poo, then get poo poo all over the floor, when there's people that are trying to avoid poo poo in the first place

I like looking and laughing at the poo poo cuz it's a big poo poo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I like looking and laughing at the poo poo cuz it's a big poo poo

I just loaded up one of the threads.

It's pretty incredible

From their rivals board though:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The three greatest threats to America: ISIS, SNL, and where to fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

They probably think Prison Break is a better show than The Wire.

• Locked thread