Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Honestly, I kind of like the idea that Fusion is a bit harder to pull off, but I don't really know if the game is balanced around that fact. With Synchro and XYZ it seems like the materials themselves matter very little, but you need to have them all on the field, while Fusion is more strict, but you can use them from your hand.

I really need to start playing this game again. I'm gonna go download that program people were suggesting.

Red Suit posted:

I just wish Yugi's deck was somewhat viable IRL.

Makes me wonder what they'll do with his deck in the movie. Maybe they'll make a bunch of new versions of all his old cards or something.

edit: Also, I think you should add a picture of Sora in his cute persona to the op, to show how drastic a change he went through.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Maybe the joke of the movie is how terrible his deck is now and he quits playing children's card games

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

God the GX dub is a masterpiece. It turned a nondescript villain into a lawyer/wannabe pastry chef voiced by a Paul Lynde-alike. Plus he's got an interesting deck style and his evil is established by showing him crush a flower. :allears:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I mean, Yugi's deck isn't top tier, but it's pretty usable, on the condition that you let it keep using the banned cards in it.

I have no doubt that they'll just let him use Pot of Greed or whatever.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://ygorganization.com/buymoreraidraptors/

Red-Eyes support. We're getting new Red-Eyes support.

I thought this day would never come. :swoon:

(Also Infernoids are going to be tier 1 now, yay I guess.)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Black Stone of Legend and Red-Eyes fusion are extremely cool cards. I thought it would just be another one of those one-off do-it-all continuous trap support cards they've been releasing for other archetypes. Instead, they've re-focused the purpose of the archetype and given every boss-monster an in-built Inferno Fire Blast. :swoon:

Not disappointed at all at the new Raptor's support either. Them getting another searcher, the first RUM-spell from the anime and their own solemn-lite is very nice for the deck. Still doesn't solve their problem with Revolution Falcon being way to gimmicky but I've got a feeling that the anime will resolve that problem in the immediate future.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/buymoreraidraptors/

Red-Eyes support. We're getting new Red-Eyes support.

I thought this day would never come. :swoon:

(Also Infernoids are going to be tier 1 now, yay I guess).

This is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I am a little confused by Black Daemon's Dragon. According to the wiki, the only level 6 Archfiend Normal Monster are (because of faulty translation) Summoned Skull and another one called Beast of Talwar.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Gallery:Beast_of_Talwar

What is the advantage of giving generic summoning materials if only two cards fit the bill?

e: oh, that and the new Red-Eyes Lighting Lord I guess.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 17, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

This is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I am a little confused by Black Daemon's Dragon. According to the wiki, the only level 6 Archfiend Normal Monster are (because of faulty translation) Summoned Skull and another one called Beast of Talwar.

What is the advantage of giving generic summoning materials if only two cards fit the bill?

I think they've mis-translated something because otherwise Red-Eyes fusion and all the "shuffle back into deck" effects are worthless. The new gemini monsters are quite clearly the intended targets for the fusion-monster.

EDIT: Or rather it makes the deck entirely too dependant on Stone which is un-searchable.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 17, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

paradoxGentleman posted:

e: oh, that and the new Red-Eyes Lighting Lord I guess.

It's probably a callback to Black Skull Dragon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Okay then, Black Daemons Dragon is a call back to Black Skull Dragon

Flare Dragon and Lightning Lord - Evil Demon are both Gemini versions of Red Eyes and Summoned Skull. It's basically yes saying "Fuse a better Black Skull Dragon from your deck, using Red Stone of Legend to put the Gemini's in your graveyard to have them treated as normal monsters" etc.

It's pretty interesting. I know one person who's gonna love them though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wonder if they're doing Red Eyes support because of the remastered duel monsters.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Maybe. It's more likely they finally want to give Joey some love, after giving Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician so much attention over the past couple years.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, I mean, it's not like they exactly had enough to really make a viable Joey starter deck in this day and age. It can be a little bit of both - give Joey some love, free marketing through remastered duel monsters, be able to pimp out Joey focused starters/booster packs the way they have with Yugi and Kaiba.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The cool thing about Red-Eyes Fusion is that Black Skull Dragon is the fusion depicted in Polymerization. The orange shapes are Summoned Skull and Red-Eyes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The real hero of Joey's deck is scapegoat and I won't hear otherwise.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

The real hero of Joey's deck is scapegoat and I won't hear otherwise.

The only worthwhile cards Joey ever had in his deck were Scapegoat and Jinzo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

The only worthwhile cards Joey ever had in his deck were Scapegoat and Jinzo
Goblin Attack Force wasn't bad back in the day.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Goblin Attack Force wasn't bad back in the day.

Wasn't that a draft/sealed deck (lmao)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look just give me more Raidraptor cards so I can gently caress my friend's Six Samurai deck with Rise Falcon, thanks Yugioh.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Unban Future Fusion so I can play this lovely broken card game again

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheKingofSprings posted:

Unban Future Fusion so I can play this lovely broken card game again

They would need to ban the Dragon Rulers first.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They would need to ban everything at this point.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Good, the only cards that should be played with it are Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes and their associated support (and also Gandors and Totem Dragon riding along)

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

dogsicle posted:

God the GX dub is a masterpiece. It turned a nondescript villain into a lawyer/wannabe pastry chef voiced by a Paul Lynde-alike. Plus he's got an interesting deck style and his evil is established by showing him crush a flower. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KiG2tfloY

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dogsicle posted:

It also inspired the creation of this:
(YGO Bonds Beyond Time spoilers?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icrg8rlQmwM

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

*initial reaction to trying to finish Season 4 of GX*
why the gently caress isn't Chazz's voice surly and awesome anymore

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

AnacondaHL posted:

*initial reaction to trying to finish Season 4 of GX*
why the gently caress isn't Chazz's voice surly and awesome anymore

Because it's in Japanese, and Japanese Yugioh is the worse Yugioh, in all cases.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Because it's in Japanese, and Japanese Yugioh is the worse Yugioh, in all cases.

I find it hard to believe that English Jack Atlus and the announcer from 5DS are better than the Japanese version.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Silento posted:

I find it hard to believe that English Jack Atlus and the announcer from 5DS are better than the Japanese version.

Funny you should mention Jack, because he is in fact, the best example of this.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Funny you should mention Jack, because he is in fact, the best example of this.

My friend told me he's Australian in the dub, got any choice clips?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

5D's really is the exception. The only dub actor I liked there, and coincidentally he was also my favorite character, was Rex Goodwin.

The problem with 5D's dub is it felt too much like the original dub in that you heard a lotof the same voices and they were clearly the same voices. I can't rmeember his name, the cop guy who dueled with Yusei early on but later became part of the good guys team, was clearly just Dan Green being GRRRRRRRRRRR. And Yusei was just Tristan being Tristan.

Rex Goodwin, much to my surprise, had the same voice as Aster Phoenix but they sounded nothing alike. I was impressed.

ZEXAL is better as a dub for me because it sounds like its own thing, like they brought in a lot of new talent and stuff.

Silento posted:

It's Ted Lewis, AKA Bakura/Yami Bakura, and it's pretty obvious.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 17, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yusei started sounding less and less like Tristan as it went on.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Silento posted:

I've been looking for a while and I cannot for the life of me find you anything of just English Jack, so I recommend going to go view a Jack episode of the dub. My recommendation is episode 69, the one where he fights the mob, and the very beginning of episode 1, which features the announcer, who is Goku, which I am fond of, (That said, the Japanese Announcer is pretty good too,) as well as Jack's immortal cry of WHO'S THE MASTER OF FASTER?!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Episode 1 also features the incredible buttrock that plays every time Yusei Synchro Summons, so that is also good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

After GX and watching some of the 5D's dub, I'm pretty sure Goku/Sean Schemmel just gets really good yugioh roles. Krowler, the 5D's announcer and the 5D's loony toon scientist. His bit parts are...less good, like the baby-voiced sadist who dueled Zane.

I actually was looking for this line when I saw the episode but gave up, so thanks.

AnacondaHL posted:

It also inspired the creation of this:
(YGO Bonds Beyond Time spoilers?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icrg8rlQmwM

So is this movie as good as it looks? Because drat. :eyepop:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

I've been looking for a while and I cannot for the life of me find you anything of just English Jack, so I recommend going to go view a Jack episode of the dub. My recommendation is episode 69, the one where he fights the mob, and the very beginning of episode 1, which features the announcer, who is Goku, which I am fond of, (That said, the Japanese Announcer is pretty good too,) as well as Jack's immortal cry of WHO'S THE MASTER OF FASTER?!

Okay, just checked out a bit of episode 69 and the beginning of episode 1. I don't really like it, tbh. Though I usually prefer subs over dubs anyways so I'm probably biased. Also the soundtrack is way lamer than the original!! :mad:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Silento posted:

Okay, just checked out a bit of episode 69 and the beginning of episode 1. I don't really like it, tbh. Though I usually prefer subs over dubs anyways so I'm probably biased. Also the soundtrack is way lamer than the original!! :mad:

The latter point I will not deny, Japanese 5D's is jammin' as gently caress.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

alcharagia posted:

The latter point I will not deny, Japanese 5D's is jammin' as gently caress.

I mentioned it a few pages back, but one of the composers for the 5Ds dub uploaded some tracks to his site, and some of them are actually really good. They just tend to be drowned out on the show.

On a different note, the 5Ds dub is probably the only time I ever said to mayself, "wow, you know who's a really good actor in this? Jason Griffith!". Well, that and the Zetman dub he was in.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The composer for the Duel Monsters dub did the same thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TabkjeN7H1A

There's nothing like when you first hear this theme and watch Pegasus wipe teh floor with Kaiba.

Blue Eyes Toon Dragon is way better than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kay Kessler posted:

I mentioned it a few pages back, but one of the composers for the 5Ds dub uploaded some tracks to his site, and some of them are actually really good. They just tend to be drowned out on the show.

Wheeeeere is this