Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Coward posted:

I don't have WoL yet, so could it be some kind of interaction with WoL events chaining into pre-WoL events? I'm trying to remember it now. I think something got tangled somewhere where there was the standard event to fall in love with your wife, but then the cheating ones started firing afterwards, with my wife discovering my "affair." I've even managed to have my wife be simultaneously my lover and my rival, since the events appear to treat the same person as two different ones.

I'll keep an eye out for it and if it happens again I'll try and post the details.
Probably an old one not converted properly. Looks like they just set the new ones to fire if you own the dlc, and the old ones to fire otherwise. I'll skim lovers_events.txt.

edit: Jesus, there's supposed to be an event to refresh the trade route you can get with the business focus, the one that gives a tax bonus to your capital. An error(?) in the code was keeping it from firing.

Or, wait, no, I guess that...should be working? I've never seen that event, though. Hm. Something's wrong.

edit2: Works in testing. It's after 30 years - maybe I just never had a ruler set up a route and then live long enough. Or maybe 'years' is an invalid command to set a time for an event to occur in the future. Actually, I bet it's the latter. I'll change that to a days value.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
This is a tough decision.

Are all those DLC worth it? It doesn't include Way of Life.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FourLeaf posted:

This is a tough decision.

Are all those DLC worth it? It doesn't include Way of Life.

This is the same thing for half the price: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2444-crusader-kings-ii-collection

This is the same thing sans base if you already own that:

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2443-crusader-kings-ii-dlc-collection

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Huh. I successfully put an EU4 mod on the steam workshop earlier, but I cannot for the life of me seem to figure out how to do so for CK2.

My efforts to figure out how have only led me to the steam subscriber agreement, which doesn't seem breathtakingly pertinent.

edit: Nevermind. Found it. In the game proper.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 17, 2015

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Can anyone give me some tips for the SPQR achievement? I got really far in the past by juggling the dukes but with the Charlemange update that kind of got messed up due to max demesne size. Making kingdoms within my empire is really tough because kings LOVE to try for independence.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Oh God I got all the face packs. What is wrong with some of these faces? Croatia looks like the Chernobyl exclusion zone. :psyduck:

Celts, Norse and Africans look pretty legit. All the others are eh.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yep, that's correct. Sorry we weren't able to warn you before you wasted your :10bux: :smith:

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I vaguely remeber someone talking about choosing a patron diety as a Norse. Is this from a mod or something or did I make it up.

Converter feature

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

Oh God I got all the face packs. What is wrong with some of these faces? Croatia looks like the Chernobyl exclusion zone. :psyduck:

One of my favorite vassal families is led by a mande basque duke with the mirza trait and a bunch of facepaint. A Norse/mande mix would probably look amazing.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Okay. I fixed the ones I knew about, and the ones that jumped out at me while fixing the ones I knew about, and also what looked easily done from the first ten pages of the bug reports forum. Then I put it on the steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394125720

Let me know if I messed up the last step or something. Or if there's some other event bug that I could probably repair.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

a7m2 posted:

Can anyone give me some tips for the SPQR achievement? I got really far in the past by juggling the dukes but with the Charlemange update that kind of got messed up due to max demesne size. Making kingdoms within my empire is really tough because kings LOVE to try for independence.

Grant viceroyalties to Content characters to get around the vassal limit and have happy kings. Good luck getting SPQR, though: mending the Schism and forming the Empire is pretty fun and challenging, but restoring Trajan's borders are really kind of a slog.

Eh, I thought the Iberians/Italians and the new revised Greeks are pretty cool.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I already owned all the major dlc besides Rajas, as well as all of the portraits (most of it from an Amazon $10 collection sale a couple of years ago). I just picked up everything else besides the ebooks. Feels good to be whole :unsmith:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yep, that's correct. Sorry we weren't able to warn you before you wasted your :10bux: :smith:
Eh, I live in Malaysia. Steam pricing here is ridiculously cheap. I spent like $7USD (MYR25) on all the face, unit and clothing packs. Which ones should I turn off?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Eh, I live in Malaysia. Steam pricing here is ridiculously cheap. I spent like $7USD (MYR25) on all the face, unit and clothing packs. Which ones should I turn off?

None of them. The variety is good.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Which cosmetic DLC seriously impacts performance? Just the unit packs?

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

a7m2 posted:

You will have to make Kings, Mega-Dukes tend to either get so large they become Kings, or they split up into dukes again.
King vassals no longer have an opinion malus, so there's less of a reason not to make them.
Viceroys would hypothetically help here, if it weren't for the fact that they revert to feudal titles during revolts.
At least as the Byzantines you start with Imperial Administration though, which gives you a vassal cap boost.

I generally select for Vassal opinion after becoming Empire sized, since if all your vassals are willing to pay harsh taxes, you get ridiculous money, which you can use on Retinues or mercenaries, while keeping your vassals happy for not using their troops.

Of course, my achievement run for getting SPQR started with the Mongols, heading to India, becoming Jain, then Tribal Invasioning the world until I got Khan of Khans before settling down in Constantinople and re-creating the Roman Empire.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hey guys, how does one get this totally loving metal nickname? Because seriously, there not enough :black101: in the world for this:

My ruler had no heirs and got his concubine pregnant a month before becoming incapable, she gave birth a month before he died leaving me with the prospect of a 16 year regency with no heirs if something happens.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and drink it from the skulls of your enemies.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 17, 2015

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hey guys, how does one get this totally loving metal nickname? Because seriously, there not enough :black101: in the world for this:

Wait wait wait.

This dude is a lustful maimed dwarf. A lustful maimed dwarf who is the Sword of the Allfather. It's a Viking Tyrion Lannister. That is amazing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Booted the game in observer mode from the Charlemagne start. It's 830 and the Kingdom of Italy is led by a paranoid lunatic and his possessed wife, both craven. I guess there's never a boring minute in their castle with the royal couple hiding under the beds at the sound of their own voices. And then the Jews come to ask for their 350 back.
... Oh, the prince, 46, is also craven. ... Now he's inherited and started by telling the Jews to get out. Calls his wife unfaithful harlot.

Meanwhile the king of Pictland claims to own a holy relic, but is also deceitful and humble. Hmm... And the only Catholic in Iberia is the independent count of Santiago, who is really stressed over it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

SelenicMartian posted:

Booted the game in observer mode from the Charlemagne start. It's 830 and the Kingdom of Italy is led by a paranoid lunatic and his possessed wife, both craven. I guess there's never a boring minute in their castle with the royal couple hiding under the beds at the sound of their own voices. And then the Jews come to ask for their 350 back.
... Oh, the prince, 46, is also craven. ... Now he's inherited and started by telling the Jews to get out. Calls his wife unfaithful harlot.

Meanwhile the king of Pictland claims to own a holy relic, but is also deceitful and humble. Hmm... And the only Catholic in Iberia is the independent count of Santiago, who is really stressed over it.

If I were the only Catholic ruler in Spain, surrounded by a ton of Muslims, I would be stressed out as well!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wait wait wait.

This dude is a lustful maimed dwarf. A lustful maimed dwarf who is the Sword of the Allfather. It's a Viking Tyrion Lannister. That is amazing.

You have AIDS, my man.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

You have AIDS, my man.
Aw poo poo not again.

Anybody got good ideas for getting Zunist moral authority up to 50%? There's no way I'm taking Baghdad or Alexandria off the Abbasids, and there's only so many county conquests I can do in a short space of time.

edit: playing as Afghanistan for the first time. Why the hell can every single lovely single-province Indian leader call up 4-6k in hired troops for absolutely free?

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 17, 2015

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Strudel Man posted:

Do you remember any relevant details about the bugged event? The WoL adultery discovery event appears to be okay as far as this goes.

I actually know this one, since I fixed it for CK2+.

edit: never mind, you did get it in the end. I think your method should also do it, though I picked a different condition when I fixed it.

Awesome job. Do you mind if I compatch/incorporate this into Plus with credit? Looking at your changelog, there are a few that would be incompatible with ours if the two Workshop mods ran alongside, so let me know if I should fold it in or just give you a compatibility patch to upload somewhere.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 17, 2015

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

Gough Suppressant posted:

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and drink it from the skulls of your enemies.

Wait wait wait.

This is going on my long list of reasons why this game is so loving amazing. Sorry, I just got this game during the Christmas sale and just been enamored with it. I tried playing HoI2, Vic and EU3; all without getting into any of these games. I gambled, got the CK2 and the DLC for that 7.50 sale and never regretted it. I know this games been out for years and lots of you all have been playing it for just as long, but man I just want to gush over how fun this game is; it's a refreshing gaming experience for me and I'm desperately trying to get my friend addicted to it as well.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Aw poo poo not again.

Anybody got good ideas for getting Zunist moral authority up to 50%? There's no way I'm taking Baghdad or Alexandria off the Abbasids, and there's only so many county conquests I can do in a short space of time.
Once you run out of easy India targets, I like to head up to the steppes. Subjugate the big one, then conquest the small ones. Hand them off to older sons, with the more competent getting more of them. Also helps that you can build temples there, but really, aside from the 3 holy sites and hoping you get hindu or buddhist holy warred (good luck winning a sunni holy war) thems about it.

And those free troops are their holy order. Learn to check to see if they're not being hired out by someone else before you declare war or just strike when they in the middle of other wars. Defending in the mountains can also help a bunch if you find yourself outnumbered. Hope you picked up good soldier traits!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

I've got it: Perkunins! Holy Romuva Empire close second.

Sounds like a New Jersey breakfast chain.

mornhaven
Sep 10, 2011

What are the two traits between dwarf and lustful?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Volkerball posted:

Does it really matter where your spymaster sits? I never noticed it firing any more frequently in high tech cities. I get best results picking a neighboring county.

Studying tech doesn't just give you random tech points, it also counts that place as adjacent to your capital for purposes of tech spread.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I don't really get it. How does this guy manage to have that many troops?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So is there any way to make CK2plus work without crashing instantly on startup, or is it just poo poo?

e: this is all that shows in the error log:

[instanttextboxtype.cpp:92]: Not used, use maxWidth and maxHeight file: launcher/interface/main.gui line: 87
[instanttextboxtype.cpp:92]: Not used, use maxWidth and maxHeight file: launcher/interface/main.gui line: 104

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 17, 2015

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Strudel Man posted:

Okay. I fixed the ones I knew about, and the ones that jumped out at me while fixing the ones I knew about, and also what looked easily done from the first ten pages of the bug reports forum. Then I put it on the steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394125720

Let me know if I messed up the last step or something. Or if there's some other event bug that I could probably repair.

I love you so much.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Oceanbound posted:

I don't really get it. How does this guy manage to have that many troops?

He probably recently lost a bunch of his troop cap from either losing territory in a war or some other event/succession, but he still has a whole load of troops raised from the previous cap. Happens quite frequently if a ruler dies in the middle of a war and a bunch of their territory gets redistributed.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Coward posted:

I'm still terrified to fall in love with my wife, in case she finds out I'm having an affair with her and have to break it off to go back to my wife who now hates me. :psyduck:

I loving hate that event, because a lot of the time I try to role play as a faithful model husband and it's just like... Ugh.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

-Troika- posted:

So is there any way to make CK2plus work without crashing instantly on startup, or is it just poo poo?

I dunno, friend, it loads for everyone else using it? Try the usual - check if your Workshop has downloaded the latest version (or grab the Mediafire mirror), verify your game cache, etc, etc.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I tried using both the Steam and the dev version and neither of them work, at all, either standalone or in combination with other mods. Instant crash as soon as I click Play in the launcher, not even a loading screen. CK2Plus is specifically the cause of this, nothing else makes it happen.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

-Troika- posted:

I tried using both the Steam and the dev version and neither of them work, at all, either standalone or in combination with other mods. Instant crash as soon as I click Play in the launcher, not even a loading screen. CK2Plus is specifically the cause of this, nothing else makes it happen.

Double check that without the mod that you have the correct checksum when running Vanilla.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The checksum both in the launcher and the main menu is DAQH, which is the correct one, as far as I can tell.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Chalks posted:

He probably recently lost a bunch of his troop cap from either losing territory in a war or some other event/succession, but he still has a whole load of troops raised from the previous cap. Happens quite frequently if a ruler dies in the middle of a war and a bunch of their territory gets redistributed.

You're probably right, although I'm positive he was just sitting there for years and years with just 1 county and 2 vassals.

In other news, Charles' empire has descended into an incredible clusterfuck, unlimited Karling-on-Karling brutality

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

-Troika- posted:

The checksum both in the launcher and the main menu is DAQH, which is the correct one, as far as I can tell.

It is correct for yesterday's patch, yeah, and that patch didn't break compatibility. (I was literally playing the dev version this morning before I left for work.)

Which OS are you using? Are there any leftover cache files (particularly map or gfx caches) from vanilla in your Documents/Paradox/CK2 directory (or whatever weird place your OS puts such things - they'd be the other subfolders to the parent of your save game folder.) I assume you were installing new, not upgrading.

I don't know if anything like that would be the cause, but this crash is somehow unique to you so I am grasping at straws. If you have PMs, PM me if you want to continue this convo and I'll poke at it once I'm home from work and have access to an install. (alternatively I am Fall of Stars on the Paradox forums, but frankly you are more likely to get hold of me here - the rest of the team is more present on Steam Workshop comments and the Paradox forums.)

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

-Troika- posted:

Completely unrelated but your avatar/text combo has me laughing really hard at work for some reason.

• Locked thread