Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Just finished 21st Century Boys. Waiting for chapters and translations must have been agony.

I think I'll wait till Billy Bat is finished before I start reading it...

Urasawa is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, for some reason I really loved Monster/20th Century Boys/Pluto but Billy Bat just hasn't ever really hooked me the few times I tried getting into it. I might dive into a reread sometime soon, I mean, it is Naoki Urasawa.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Welp, as expected, in the latest Inside Mari...

Komori's going all stalker mode already. The story needed more conflict outside of the main soul transfer/split personality hook anyway, so this is a good development on that front at least. I fully expect things to take a sharp turn towards the creepy zone once again.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Do you like bad bitches? http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/sasori-r14660

This got made into the femal prisoner movies.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

coathat posted:

Do you like bad bitches? http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/sasori-r14660

This got made into the femal prisoner movies.

cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

where do you keep finding the cool comics

coathat
May 21, 2007

A lot of cool stuff get translated by the same groups so I just check out what's new on mangaupdates

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

More like Sharkodoublepost

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

coathat posted:

A lot of cool stuff get translated by the same groups so I just check out what's new on mangaupdates

I check HappyScans once a week or so. I wish they'd go back to doing Tiger Mask. Much like I wish DynamicPro would finish the Mazinger stuff.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

in the next issue of Shin Kurosawa, Kurosawa goes food shopping, kind of

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
this grocery store is a gay cruising spot

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

After a long delay, there's new Immortal Hounds! I'm not sure I like this latest turn in the story - it feels a little too generic with its tropes. Also, dudes? Expect to violently cringe in this issue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Squidster posted:

After a long delay, there's new Immortal Hounds! I'm not sure I like this latest turn in the story - it feels a little too generic with its tropes. Also, dudes? Expect to violently cringe in this issue.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This time on Bambino! Secondo, something interesting actually happens for a change.

The critic has gained quite a bit of respect in my eyes. He's still a jerk, but at the very least he takes his job seriously and judges the restaurants fairly.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The yellow book is so insanely good. http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/the-yellow-book/

coathat
May 21, 2007

March lion in February http://bato.to/read/_/306142/3-gatsu-no-lion_v4_ch42_by_no-group

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 36

Looks like the set-up is that the demons will come to the rescue at the last second, assuming that negotiation took place some time before the battle.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It seems we're approaching the ending, I cannot see how the story could continue after the current arc since it'll probably neatly tie up all plot threads, except maybe for an epilogue of sorts.

Assuming, of course, they don't open up more plot threads in the process.

e. for clarity.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 2, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't deny I would kind of like a new arc that was just about further modernization and technological progress after all of the various wars and conflicts are resolved. If wikipedia is to be believed it's still ongoing, with Volume 12 having come out in October. So either they're wrong or it's on hiatus because I think we've just hit Volume 11 even after all that time in between scanlation releases.

coathat
May 21, 2007

March coming in like a lion with two chapters of March Come in Like a Lion. http://bato.to/read/_/307597/3-gatsu-no-lion_v5_ch43_by_no-group

Be sure not to miss the extra sexy illustration at the beginning.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

coathat posted:

March coming in like a lion with two chapters of March Come in Like a Lion. http://bato.to/read/_/307597/3-gatsu-no-lion_v5_ch43_by_no-group

Be sure not to miss the extra sexy illustration at the beginning.

here's the sexy drawing so no one misses it

:mrgw:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

coathat
May 21, 2007

I want some japanes sweets and pickles.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the chapters in march lion where they just eat together are the best. im glad hinata thought up a new sweet to make and i hope it sells well

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mikl posted:

It seems we're approaching the ending, I cannot see how the story could continue after the current arc since it'll probably neatly tie up all plot threads, except maybe for an epilogue of sorts.

Assuming, of course, they don't open up more plot threads in the process.

e. for clarity.

Uh how about the big gently caress off holy army from the other human empire and the acceptance of the demons by the rest of the human world?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fellis posted:

Uh how about the big gently caress off holy army from the other human empire and the acceptance of the demons by the rest of the human world?

Those are two of the main threads hanging, the other two being (latest chapter spoilers) the Seal King going all Final Boss and the acceptance of humans on the demons' part.

I think the next few chapters will come down to Hero defeating the Seal King, while the southern army defeats the big fuckoff holy army with the demons' help, and Merchant and Dragon Princess exposing the northern countries' leadership as super lovely and corrupt.

That would neatly tie up all dangling plot threads.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

Those are two of the main threads hanging, the other two being (latest chapter spoilers) the Seal King going all Final Boss and the acceptance of humans on the demons' part.

I think the next few chapters will come down to Hero defeating the Seal King, while the southern army defeats the big fuckoff holy army with the demons' help, and Merchant and Dragon Princess exposing the northern countries' leadership as super lovely and corrupt.

That would neatly tie up all dangling plot threads.

You're forgetting about whatever the hell is up with Female Mage and also when are Hero and Demon Queen finally going to get on with it god drat it :argh:. Young Merchant is moving faster than he is, and that guy is an rear end and Hero had a huge head start!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

According the wikipedia page, there are 5 main novels and 3 side novels. The scanlations appear to be in the midst of novel 3, but maybe the raws are onto 4 by now? Either way, there's plenty to go. :)

edit: Oops, here's the link the page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maoyu

Silento fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 3, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

You're forgetting about whatever the hell is up with Female Mage and also when are Hero and Demon Queen finally going to get on with it god drat it :argh:. Young Merchant is moving faster than he is, and that guy is an rear end and Hero had a huge head start!

Eh, I dunno. I think they both know they love each other but now's not the time for it, they have to save the world first. They've had their specific moments where it's clear they're together, even if they have their typical ~anime~ flustering at other times.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

She's also got a daki of Yuusha, I think it's pretty obvious who's won*

*going by the anime

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Well... the latest Inside Mari was loving amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes. THIS is the flowers of evil author's forte: crushing nerds :getin:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

there is a new chapter of shin kurosawa

it is a good one. but then again, they are all good ones.

feels like old kurosawa is starting to come back

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
what's the gay cruising spot count up to

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is Reiroukan Still Alive just finished being scanlated. The last two chapters were amazing. I felt like it might've been canceled and that's why it rushed to an ending, but after seeing the final chapter, I feel like maybe it was meant to be that way. That was a drat good final chapter, got a little misty and everything even.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

there is a new chapter of shin kurosawa

it is a good one. but then again, they are all good ones.

feels like old kurosawa is starting to come back

That's whats up.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
From the manga-ka that brought you Nobunagun and Jabberwock with that high-contrast art style and insane range of characters, it's Area 51!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Is Reiroukan Still Alive just finished being scanlated. The last two chapters were amazing. I felt like it might've been canceled and that's why it rushed to an ending, but after seeing the final chapter, I feel like maybe it was meant to be that way. That was a drat good final chapter, got a little misty and everything even.
Wow, only 14 chapters? That's awful early to get maybe-cancelled. My senses are probably dulled from Mx0 making it to about 100 chapters before getting axed (sorry for bringing it up!)

coathat
May 21, 2007

It ran in a magazine that gets published every other month so that's about the same amount of time Mx0 was serialized.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Volume two of Wanitokagegisu just dropped and it's insane. Keeps you on the edge of your seat.

http://bato.to/read/_/308451/wanitokagegisu_v2_ch12_by_deadbeat-scans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kleptobot posted:

From the manga-ka that brought you Nobunagun and Jabberwock with that high-contrast art style and insane range of characters, it's Area 51!

i think its too high contrast and doesnt read as well because of it, the art is really muddled

but also im mad because she killed nessie and I love nessie