Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
We can't let anyone know if we are at war or not because then the terrorists would know.

Behold the terror of SlenderRied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Does Tinsley actually like anything about America? Every single strip is him whining.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Et tu Rob

Actually you know at least this isn't a "Obama is vain rear end in a top hat who is letting the country burn" comic

E: oh well this is awkward, okay just imagine I quoted this

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ague Proof posted:

Does Tinsley actually like anything about America? Every single strip is him whining.

He likes the America that exists somewhere in his mind but nowhere in time.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
New Adarsh Balak:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Let's say this counts as a political cartoon.

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
I'm just going to spare us some discussion by saying that we are all creepy fuckers and we are all very sorry for what we did to Kate Beaton.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Copper Kaiser posted:

I'm just going to spare us some discussion by saying that we are all creepy fuckers and we are all very sorry for what we did to Kate Beaton.
I didn't know we did something to her.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't know we did something to her.

She posted in Laissez Faire once and then goons were creeps and scared her off forever.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Let's say this counts as a political cartoon.

The valley forge comment is funny because there is now a huge mall in valley forge.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Shugojin posted:

She posted in Laissez Faire once and then goons were creeps and scared her off forever.

Oh that explains why i posted a Beaton thing once itt and some people acted really weird.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

According to her it wasn't nearly as dramatic. She was just bored.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cruel and Unusual posted:

According to her it wasn't nearly as dramatic. She was just bored.
She's a public internet personality who goes by her real name and not a psuedonym, surely by now she's accustomed to some seriously creepy poo poo at least every once in a while.

edit: unless LF is waaaaay creepier than I remember, it was probably nothing for her.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 17, 2015

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The PATRIOT Act was Obama's idea, and also it is now a bad thing

I wonder what his opinions of the patriot act, gitmo, etc was back in 2006?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I dunno my favorite part is that he apparently couldn't think of enough Bad Things because two of the stripes/bars are just incomprehensible squiggling instead of labels.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The actual weird part is that goons will not stop apologizing for the time Kate Beaton posted for a day and got bored. This happens every loving time someone posts Kate Beaton and apparently several goons have apologized to her in person, and it's magnitudes of order more creepy than anything that actually happened when she posted on here.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

The actual weird part is that goons will not stop apologizing for the time Kate Beaton posted for a day and got bored. This happens every loving time someone posts Kate Beaton and apparently several goons have apologized to her in person, and it's magnitudes of order more creepy than anything that actually happened when she posted on here.

Well I'm just now learning it was apparently not that bad, I only knew there was a bunch of that M-MARRY ME??? that sometimes happens when people discover a girl goon or whatever. I mean that poo poo would creep me out, personally.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shugojin posted:

I swear I've seen this conversation hundreds of times.

1. Something something Kate Beaton
2. Remember that thing that happened?
3. What thing?
4. Oh, did you not hear? Goons drove her off the site
5. :goonsay: Um, actually, Mrs Beaton is only bothered by the goons who weren't involved who apologise to her anyway. It's really creepy apparently (this is me)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Do we need to always post her cartoons with a disclaimer "I don't give a gently caress that she used to post here, talk about the drat cartoon"? Why bring it up when someone just posted a cartoon? Her cartoons are funny and cool, talk about the drat cartoon.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Like all nerds, goons can't stand the idea that someone somewhere might not like them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only thing I want to know about Kate Beacon is when she draws another funny comic, so that I can read and enjoy it.

It might be good for having a thread rule that says "Shut up about that time she posted here for ten minutes," but people would forget the rule or fail to read it in the giant OP, so the cycle will occur each time.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It is an interesting story that I never get sick of hearing!

Ever!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I'm more sad that we ran off Warren Ellis, personally. Or did he ever swing back by?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pigbuster posted:

New Adarsh Balak:

I love these. Would it be possible for the guy who makes them to publish and sell a whole book of them? Or would that violate some copyright laws because the characters he uses in them are from a children's book series (or at I think they are, I might be misremembering)?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Mods please institute old deep hurting rule for kate beaton.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Creepy goons driving off Kate is a myth.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Mods please institute old deep hurting rule for kate beaton.

no don't, her cartoons are cool and good

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I love these. Would it be possible for the guy who makes them to publish and sell a whole book of them? Or would that violate some copyright laws because the characters he uses in them are from a children's book series (or at I think they are, I might be misremembering)?
Pretty sure the kid was like a stock character in Indian textbooks or something. Regardless, I've yet to see a single bad one of them. The one where he mixes up a batch of acid for his chemistry teacher is still my favorite.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

zakharov posted:

no don't, her cartoons are cool and good

Yeah, they're often a very fun read and are sometimes political. Don't let people who are obsessed with invented goon drama ruin the laughs.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pigbuster posted:

New Adarsh Balak:

Thanks for that, just last night I was thinking about the guy and struggling to remember his name. Searches for "comic where a straight-laced Indian kid gives his tax-burdened dad a joint" and the like weren't very productive.

SWAG

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I like this cartoon because of the 1776 joke (the musical not the year, although also the year too, technically I guess?)

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

eviltastic posted:

I'm more sad that we ran off Warren Ellis, personally. Or did he ever swing back by?

Someone please tell me the story of how goons scared off a man who writes about people injecting saline into their balls.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
ME AM PLAY GOD!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

pwn posted:

ME AM PLAY GOD!

Yeah, the only thing holding the robot revolution back was their previous inability to climb over piles of cinderblocks :rolleyes:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

BgRdMchne posted:

Someone please tell me the story of how goons scared off a man who writes about people injecting saline into their balls.
He left us for the same reason Spider Jerusalem left The City, presumably (we're his readers and he understandably loving hates us).

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

pwn posted:

ME AM PLAY GOD!

Relax, it's a mediocre political cartoon.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

loquacius posted:

Yeah, the only thing holding the robot revolution back was their previous inability to climb over piles of cinderblocks :rolleyes:

Never have I seen a more unrealistic cartoon. Why do we like Matt Bors again?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Bors and Rall competing to see who can fit the most drones into their cartoons

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

pwn posted:

ME AM PLAY GOD!

Is it that time of year in the media cycle already? Did we already get a "Future AI overlords might become a reality" article? Hear me out, Buzzfeed Journalists, What if there was AI overlord future combined with Zombie Future. Think of the mondo clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Space-Bird posted:

Is it that time of year in the media cycle already? Did we already get a "Future AI overlords might become a reality" article? Hear me out, Buzzfeed Journalists, What if there was AI overlord future combined with Zombie Future. Think of the mondo clicks.

Is the AI also the zombies? Or are we dealing with two simultaneous apocalypses here.

• Locked thread