Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just got a 3ds and i'd like some recommendations on what to pick up for it. Let's make the most epic insane list of games that are win!

WHAT I GOT SO FAR:
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
  • Mario Golf: World Tour
  • BOXBOY!
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

ALREADY ON MY LIST:
  • Pokemon X/Y/Z
  • Bravely Default
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe

I'm curious about Mario Kart 7. Was that any good? Would it be worth picking up even if nobody plays it anymore??

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Devil Survivor OVERCLOCKED.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dp

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kid Icarus Uprising

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

this, but also Fantasy Life, both very fun and relaxing imo. runs factory 4 is another one of my favs because there's just an endless amount of poo poo to do. There's also a new harvest moon coming out March 31st, keep an eye out for "Story of Seasons" (some legal bs resulted in a name change for the series)

edit: lol runs factory 4. thank you iphone

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 17, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just got a 3ds and i'd like some recommendations on what to pick up for it. Let's make the most epic insane list of games that are win!

WHAT I GOT SO FAR:
  • Mario 3D Land
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

ALREADY ON MY LIST:
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • Bravely Default
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Xenoblade

I'm curious about Mario Kart 7. Was that any good? Would it be worth picking up even if nobody plays it anymore??

Pokemon xy is wise. Oras is real freaking bad.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i miss dressup

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MArio Golf is fairly good for when you don't really have time for a big gaming sesh, but still wanna kill some time.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Link Between Worlds is the best game I've played on 3DS so far. I didn't like fire Emblem Awakening because they don't understand the concept of a difficulty curve and I couldn't get into bravely default at all

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

i miss dressup

It's just boring and you can tell that they just turned the old maps into 3d instead of remaking the whole hting.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bravely Default is a good game that is twice as long as it needed to be. You can turn off random encounters though and just blaze through the bad part.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

MArio Golf is fairly good for when you don't really have time for a big gaming sesh, but still wanna kill some time.

mario golf is win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

why is it bad? felt kind of eh about x and y

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i like soul hackers and the etrian odyssey games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Persona Q

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
fantasy life kinda ez but good adventure feel with uematsu + yoshitaka amano (ff6+9 music + design guys)

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
zelda OOT/MM3D

i need to buy majoras mask soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona Q after you finish smtIV

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

if you like kirby games in any way, the 3DS kirby game is good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

why is it bad? felt kind of eh about x and y

RS was already bad and ORAS is pretty much the same game with a lick of paint (and the really good dex nav), so all the poo poo stuff like the same awful pokemon on the surf routes is still in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mario Golf is outstanding.

Mario and Luigi Dream Team is one of my faves but a lot of people hate it because it's long.

Triple Deluxe is the best Kirby game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
final fantasy theatrhythm curtain call is a good rhythm game with over 200 songs holy crap

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

fantasy life kinda ez but good adventure feel with uematsu + yoshitaka amano (ff6+9 music + design guys)

it gets a bit tougher once you get to the "endgame" but it never gets out of the chill zone, which is good for that kind of game

pokemon oras was OK, i just got used to all the fun new stuff to do in XY and was disappointed that they didn't include those features again. knuc is right about dexnav though, that owned and i hope they'll keep it in all future installments. made catching the pokemon a lot more fun.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RS was my favorite pokemon games and I was a little disappointed in ORAS.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

oh yeah, yoshi's island, even though they changed the music in an upsetting way.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I liked Luigi's Mansion a lot.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

mario golf is win

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I liked Luigi's Mansion a lot.

It works surprisingly well on the 3DS. I stopped after the first area because my friend told me the other areas were bad but in retrospect I should have at least tried them out.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

It works surprisingly well on the 3DS. I stopped after the first area because my friend told me the other areas were bad but in retrospect I should have at least tried them out.
the other areas are good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Senran Kagura Burst is pretty good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
too many drat win games to count

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
if you've never played ocarina of time or majoras mask there is no better time to play them then now
also rune factory 4 and harvest moon a new beginning are solid

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Rune Factory 4 is pretty good if you like dungeon crawling, social link style stuff and crafting overlaid onto a harvest moon style resource system. Mario Kart 7 is fun for me still but I really enjoy kart games; I think it's better than the SNES and N64 ones (except for 64's battle mode) everyone always creams themselves over but I'm probably in the minority there. It just has a better single player to me. If you don't yet own shovel knight it has an excellent 3DS port as well.

E: There's one harvest moon game for the 3ds that is REALLY bad where you start out running a store. I forget which one, I think it's Hometown Story. It's really horrible and nothing like the other ones which are really good and fun.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mario Golf sounds like it just made my list. Is Steamworld Dig any good?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mario Golf sounds like it just made my list. Is Steamworld Dig any good?

No. it was a ps plus game and its basically a flash game where you just click squares ported onto consoles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Kid Icarus Uprising

and also

Kid Icarus Uprising

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Etrian Odyssey 4

Both the Etrian Odyssey games have good demos where you can transfer your saved games to the full version like an old shareware game
They also go on sale all the time, I think they are on sale now.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

RS was already bad and ORAS is pretty much the same game with a lick of paint (and the really good dex nav), so all the poo poo stuff like the same awful pokemon on the surf routes is still in.

i have no interest in the ruby/sapphire remakes because they almost made me stop playing pokemon games forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i have no interest in the ruby/sapphire remakes because they almost made me stop playing pokemon games forever

the secret bases were/are the best part

• Locked thread