Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Well if Xenoverse does really really well I guess

It'll probably do about as well as Mega Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't imagine Xenoverse's sales being a huge part of deciding whether or not that game would come over. XV will probably do well here because a lot of people enjoy Dragonball and the Xbone/PS4 don't have a large library. The 3DS does though, so people are going to be less inclined to buy it on a whim to scratch an itch so they'll probably be looking at for an audience who want a 2D fighter on 3DS which isn't gonna be as big as XV's.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

It'll probably do about as well as Mega Man.

Dragonball Games sell pretty consistently well as far as I know. That is why they keep pumping them out. DBZ has a pretty dedicated fanbase on both sides of the ocean.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Captain Oblivious posted:

The hell is a Z Soul

Z Soul is an item you equip.

A lot of them are named after famous quotes from DBZ. They do different stuff passively... like there's one that says "increases the damage of Piccolo's Supers", or "As long as you have full health, you will auto-guard", or "When you die, return to life with 25% health", "When you are under 50% health, your ki consumption is reduced by half".

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wait you can't be a female freeza person??

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wait you can't be a female freeza person??

Friezas and Nameks are genderless, yes.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Firstborn posted:

Z Soul is an item you equip.

A lot of them are named after famous quotes from DBZ. They do different stuff passively... like there's one that says "increases the damage of Piccolo's Supers", or "As long as you have full health, you will auto-guard", or "When you die, return to life with 25% health", "When you are under 50% health, your ki consumption is reduced by half".

I love that Xv seems to have some depth. It's nice to know that two of the same character likely won't be identical as far as stats and abilities go.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Friezas and Nameks are genderless, yes.

Sort of weird when Frieza mentions having a mother and father.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ImpAtom posted:

Worms technically have mothers and fathers. Enjoy the thought, because I didn't.

VVV: I drat hope so now.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 17, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rudoku posted:

Worms technically have mothers and fathers.

So what you're saying is, Freeza's race is like the noble flatworm?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Frieza's race doesn't have a skeletal structure or internal organs, for as far as you can really care about this kinda stuff in DBZ they do have a completely alien biology, even more so than Namekians; just roll with it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Also eating their tails mutates you into a hulking monstrosity.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/File:Frieza_Soldier_giant2.PNG

That's what happened to one of his worthless mooks after taking a bite of Freeza's severed form 2 tail.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Flytrap posted:

Also eating their tails mutates you into a hulking monstrosity.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/File:Frieza_Soldier_giant2.PNG

That's what happened to one of his worthless mooks after taking a bite of Freeza's severed form 2 tail.

That's the most miniboss looking dude in the world right there.

E: Didn't see this posted yet, all the canon/non-CAC characters Ultimate Attacks. I like the Spirit Bomb at 1:28 with Sword Trunks flipping around as it charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI08AoBiou8

also if I am interpreting this video correctly the battle-damage outfits are now just a costume you switch to instead of happening in battle, interesting.

Edit 2: On the same guy's Youtube page, I saw a vid of how to reliably farm Dragon Balls. Does anybody know what sort of content is going to be locked behind them? I hope it's not like Budokai 2 or such where whole characters, stages, that sort of thing are dependent on multiple, repeated DB farming.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 17, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

projecthalaxy posted:

Does anybody know what sort of content is going to be locked behind them? I hope it's not like Budokai 2 or such where whole characters, stages, that sort of thing are dependent on multiple, repeated DB farming.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What exactly was Freeza's title? He was the head, or at least very close to the top, of the Planet Trade Organization and his father is called King Cold. Is he a prince? A CEO? Both?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

What exactly was Freeza's title? He was the head, or at least very close to the top, of the Planet Trade Organization and his father is called King Cold. Is he a prince? A CEO? Both?

Darth Freiza

Caros
May 14, 2008

Covok posted:

Lord?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think some people call him 'Lord' but in terms of how he rules he's basically an Emperor

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Thanks. Only a couple of GT characters and a few moves. I like that you can respec or rebuild your guy with wishes, or get all the money.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's interesting to me that the option says you can rebuild your character - everything except the name. I wonder if you can pick a different race.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Covok posted:

From what I remember, Freeza is pretty much the acting head honcho of the entire organization unless he does something that makes KC smack him upside the head.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

No, Frieza-dono, yamate.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Flytrap posted:

From what I remember, Freeza is pretty much the acting head honcho of the entire organization unless he does something that makes KC smack him upside the head.

isn't Frezia also stronger then his dad? Like he's the open leader and people don't know about his dad and he's also the stronger of the two?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I always got the feeling that KC was like a dowager/ex-ruler who had basically retired and let Frieza run everything, who then had to go back to being personally involved when the kid got all chopped.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stallion Cabana posted:

isn't Frezia also stronger then his dad? Like he's the open leader and people don't know about his dad and he's also the stronger of the two?

Yeah, that's a good question: who is the stronger of the pair? It's hard to tell because Future Trunks beat them both like they were baby seals.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Frieza is stronger, but not by much, is the impression I got. Frieza didn't run to him because he's stronger, he ran to get him so he'd have backup.

IIRC, Frieza calls himself the strongest in the universe and his dad just stands off to his right nodding.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I assumed King Cold was long retired, that's why everyone talks about Freeza even though his father is supposely stronger than him (at the beginning of the Android saga Gohan and Krillin say they sense Freeza's ki and someone even more powerful with him).

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Cross-posting from the 13th Age thread. If any of you guys play the 13th Age tabletop RPG I've written some DBZ material for it.

Magic Items

Notable Human race, ala Krillin and Tien

Namek Race

Saiyan Race

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The word Freeza used for his parent(s) (oya) can be either singular or plural.

Petiso posted:

I assumed King Cold was long retired, that's why everyone talks about Freeza even though his father is supposely stronger than him (at the beginning of the Android saga Gohan and Krillin say they sense Freeza's ki and someone even more powerful with him).

IIRC that's only in the anime, in the manga they just say they feel Freeza and another ki like his.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I always just assumed King Cold was stronger since he was older and (presumably) wiser than Freiza. As far as what his role was, I figured it was more Freiza's family that ruled everything, and King Cold was the head of the household.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think it's Freeza is head of the Planet Trade Organization and Emperor of most of the Universe while King Cold is the ruler of Freeza's race. Cold's entire thing when he showed up was to make sure that his race was shown to be unrivaled.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Covok posted:

Yeah, that's a good question: who is the stronger of the pair? It's hard to tell because Future Trunks beat them both like they were baby seals.

The thing is, Freeza is powerful enough that I don't think that anyone except Goku could make a reasonable comparison of their strengths when they show up, since I think Goku was the only one who faced Freeza at 100% and he never said anything about King Cold one way or the other.

It basically doesn't matter, Cold and Freeza are about equal as far as the story is concerned, he only exists to show that Trunks is really strong, since he beat them both handily. Note that as it hashes out, Freeza and Cold's attempt at vengance could never have accomplished anything. In Trunks' timeline, Goku beats them both easily, which makes sense since Goku has only gotten stronger since his defeat of Freeza (he's stronger than Trunks by all accounts) and he tore him apart with very little effort before.

-Fish- posted:

Cross-posting from the 13th Age thread. If any of you guys play the 13th Age tabletop RPG I've written some DBZ material for it.

Magic Items

Notable Human race, ala Krillin and Tien

Namek Race

Saiyan Race

Human:

Is Alpha Wolf Battlecry the only way to get the Escalation die above 6?

Namek:

quote:

Once per encounter when are Staggered you gain HP equal to your 2nd highest ability modifier plus your level at the start of each turn. This effect ends when you are now longer Staggered.

So, basically, when you go below half health, you heal back up until you are above half health again, but if you drop to staggered after that, you don't heal again, is that right?

I like the Zenkai feat.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 18, 2015

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Prison Warden posted:

Human:

Is Alpha Wolf Battlecry the only way to get the Escalation die above 6?

I believe the Commander has a thing that bumps it up to d8, so you could theoretically get it up to d10 with this.

Prison Warden posted:

Namek

So, basically, when you go below half health, you heal back up until you are above half health again, but if you drop to staggered after that, you don't heal again, is that right?

That's correct.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It seems like Freeza is the only one in his race that can transform, or at least it's not a common thing to his species. Cold didn't transform and Chilled apparently couldn't. (Cooler isn't canon)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

WickedHate posted:

It seems like Freeza is the only one in his race that can transform, or at least it's not a common thing to his species. Cold didn't transform and Chilled apparently couldn't. (Cooler isn't canon)

Well to be fair to Cold he never get a chance to do anything. Freeza was also not really transforming as much as altering his appearance in a way that dampened his power.

Caros
May 14, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Cold also didn't get a chance. He figured Trunks' whole style was a gimmick, and that once he has the sword who cares. It is entirely possible that cold would have been able to transform if Trunks just sat there and let him.

Edit: Beaten like King Cold.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If I'm remembering right didn't someone state that they felt a power level on Frieza's ship that was even bigger than Frieza's? Hard to reconcile that with what looks like an untransformed King Cold, unless Frieza's robot parts made him substantially weaker than he'd been on Namek.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

If I'm remembering right didn't someone state that they felt a power level on Frieza's ship that was even bigger than Frieza's? Hard to reconcile that with what looks like an untransformed King Cold, unless Frieza's robot parts made him substantially weaker than he'd been on Namek.

I think someone earlier in the thread said that was an anime edit and not in the manga.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Covok posted:

I think someone earlier in the thread said that was an anime edit and not in the manga.

I understand this sentiment, but everything can't be shrugged off with that argument. There has to be separate established canon, the anime canon and the manga canon, so the question is still valid as far as the anime is concerned. That said, I'd wager that far more people have seen the anime than the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I understand this sentiment, but everything can't be shrugged off with that argument. There has to be separate established canon, the anime canon and the manga canon, so the question is still valid as far as the anime is concerned. That said, I'd wager that far more people have seen the anime than the manga.

I mean, not to be that guy, but the general consenus is that the manga is "the true source" in cases like these and anything changed in the anime is "filler."

• Locked thread