Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Ineffiable posted:

That seems really hopeful. Considering that 2014 only had one full wiiu and 3ds title as platinum rewards.

2013 included physical rewards and no full retail titles.

Hasn't all of the titles that we can buy with coins right now basically games that we could have gotten before? I don't remember seeing kid icarus, sticker star, or star Fox before. I guess if they're willing to add more new titles to coin rewards (that also includes full retail games) they might be willing to add a few more to platinum but I wouldn't hold my breath on them offering smash bros or 3d world.

Well, the coin rewards are all bunched up in one batch for the remainder of Club Nintendo's existence, so it makes sense that they'd have a relatively huge selection this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I dunno I was fully expecting like, every game that went up as a promo before to be a Platinum reward. Windwaker, Pikmin 3, etc etc

I do want to get both of those and Hyrule Warriors eventually so if any of them were for Platinum I would not complain

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
"Choose between everything we've ever given away."

I am wishful though, yeah, but I feel like those games selectively would be the final hurrahs of Club Nintendo. I'm justifying Treasure Tracker because it feels niche where anyone who doesn't have it now will probably not buy it (unless they're like me and waiting for the game to possibly be a reward). Then Smash feels the same, if you don't have it now, you probably won't buy it unless you just got the respective console.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

noirstronaut posted:

I am wishful though, yeah, but I feel like those games selectively would be the final hurrahs of Club Nintendo. I'm justifying Treasure Tracker because it feels niche where anyone who doesn't have it now will probably not buy it (unless they're like me and waiting for the game to possibly be a reward). Then Smash feels the same, if you don't have it now, you probably won't buy it unless you just got the respective console.

Yeah, at the same time though, games like Mario Kart and Smash bros actually tend to sell really well over the lifetime of the console.

Of the retail games offered as coin rewards:
3D Land, Kid Icarus are pretty old (from 2011/2012), Star Fox 64 is basically from the launch of the console and is a remake of an N64 game, DKCR3D was a remake of a Wii game, and has been given out as a 2014 reward, and Sticker Star kind of is heavily criticized. Almost forgot NSMB2 which is probably the second to worst NSMB game.

And of the Wii games, we get two party games, wii fit, and one game whos retail price is cut in half to $30.

Not saying your wish for that lineup of games couldn't happen, but it is incredibly optimistic. I'll be optimistic for Windwaker HD (because that's the only way I could ever justify having it, especially when I still have a gamecube and the disc) but anything from 2014 just sounds really optimistic.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Good choice. It has its own unique levels compared to 3d world and it'll take you at least 20 hours to 100% the content.

I loved 3D Land, but if you're Good At Platformers it's really more of a twelve hour affair.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

There's no way they'd give out copies of games that are still selling though, and MK8 + Smash are the type of games that even someone buying a Wii U in 2 years will still pick up. With the games they gave out already I'm sure they already wrote them off as an income stream as soon as they started giving them away.

BTW looked it up and the games were:

Pikmin 3 (July '13)
New Super Mario Bros U (Nov '12)
Wind Waker (Sep '13)
Wii Party U

It would be nice if they gave say, these as Gold and something newer as Platinum but I don't see it happening. For reference last year Gold was all the VC poo poo that currently costs like 200 coins

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just so I get this right, you can only choose one freebie reward, even if you get Platinum? Just that most likely if you hit platinum, you'll end up choosing something from the platinum tier.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
A friendly PSA from Imgur/Reddit:

http://imgur.com/r/gaming/JeI4BEF

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

noirstronaut posted:

I have my money on both Smash games being Plat rewards

You'd be throwing your money away betting on this one.

Guys, they're not going to be giving away games that have been out for 6 months or less, and they're definitely not going to be giving away system sellers that have been out for 6 months or less. Temper your expectations.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 17, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Yea, no way they offer Smash. If they are going to offer something they haven't before I would assume it would be Bayonetta 2.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

Yea, no way they offer Smash. If they are going to offer something they haven't before I would assume it would be Bayonetta 2.

I dunno I assume they would offer things older than like 5 months

Mario 3D world maybe for Wii U

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

raditts posted:

You'd be throwing your money away betting on this one.

Guys, they're not going to be giving away games that have been out for 6 months or less, and they're definitely not going to be giving away system sellers that have been out for 6 months or less. Temper your expectations.

Yeah, it's more likely they'll offer things that have been out for a while. I'm betting on the games from the MK8 promotion last year. (NSMBU, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U, possibly the others from the European version of the promo)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
So I just got hit with the memory error and it bricked my system. I was going to make a solid effort to get into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and anyone I would connect I would get the memory error. Any other game worked fine, so I tried deleting the save profile and update, which deleted fine. When trying to delete the game itself to reinstall, I would get a memory error telling me to restart my Wii U. Once I did that, everything but that game would work. So I decided to try and wipe everything on there and just reinstall everything to see if that would work, and now it no longer boots. It goes to the Wii U Splash Screen and then comes up to the "Please do not turn off the system while deleting" then locks.

After scouring the internet it seems a lot of people have had this happen after the 5.0 patch. A lot were reporting the issue with Smash Brothers but it appears to hit any game really.

Anyone have any experience with this while calling Nintendo support? It's obviously an issue they are recognizing as a problem as they stated so in December, but from what I can see, there hasn't been a mention of it after that. It's a launch console and out of warranty, but I am not going to pay Nintendo 180 or so (From what I have read) to fix an issue that I feel is a software fault/possible hardware flaw. Does anyone have any luck calling them and getting their system fixed for free out of warranty?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Ivy posted:

Is Game&Wario any good? I have 650 coins and a bunch of stuff already installed; it's either that or NSMB2 or super mario 3D land.

Most of the minigames are totally average, but 3 or 4 are really super good and totally worth it if you ever have people over your house. If you're interested in singleplayer, there's one REALLY good Pokemon-snap-like game, but it's only 5 short stages. A few of the minigames are so insanely bad that your head will spin for hours afterwards as you try to imagine how they could have been developed without anyone in the team ever saying "hey, wait a minute, this just sucks, let's not include this."

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I would love it if Hyrule Warriors was one of the Platinum rewards

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Lotta people building up unreasonably high expectations for plat rewards in here. Best case scenario would be what they already have on offer, I don't think Nintendo is willing to give away much more than that for free.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

It's a Captain Toad ambiio. "Ready for eBay" - Captain Alexander Toad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Lotta people building up unreasonably high expectations for plat rewards in here. Best case scenario would be what they already have on offer, I don't think Nintendo is willing to give away much more than that for free.

Was Wind Waker HD ever a reward? That's the only game i'm hoping for, but I don't care either way.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I said come in! posted:

Was Wind Waker HD ever a reward? That's the only game i'm hoping for, but I don't care either way.

No, but it was a free giveaway with Mario Kart 8 for a limited time so it might be likely as a free Plat reward.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Definitely. I would say there's a possibility (although a low one) that they would include one or more games from the MK8 giveaway, but the chance of any big name game from the past 6 months is zero.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Utnayan posted:

Anyone have any experience with this while calling Nintendo support? It's obviously an issue they are recognizing as a problem as they stated so in December, but from what I can see, there hasn't been a mention of it after that. It's a launch console and out of warranty, but I am not going to pay Nintendo 180 or so (From what I have read) to fix an issue that I feel is a software fault/possible hardware flaw. Does anyone have any luck calling them and getting their system fixed for free out of warranty?

I have no experience, but you really have no choice but to call and tell them what happened. Good luck to you.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Not sure why all of you guys are being so skeptical of the Platinum rewards. I'm pretty pumped and holding out for the new Wii U Zelda game to get an exclusive release as a Platinum reward. Sorry, Gold-plebes, you suckers are stuck with a new exclusive Metroid game. :smug:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Utnayan posted:

I had this exact same thing happen to my Wii when I was deleting Alien Crush Returns (a terrible Wii game that all should avoid because it will brick your system when you try to delete it). When I called Nintendo they replaced everything without any problem and already took care of transferring any serial numbers/accounts/etc. to the other Wii they sent back. The entire process too like a week and a half and most of that time was the new Wii travelling back to me. The only things I lost were my saves. It was like three years out of warranty. They charged me nothing.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 17, 2015

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Re: Warranty stuff. No experience (yet) but Nintendo Customer Service is from, what I've read, some of the best service from a major company. I'm not saying they won't you "Sorry, not our problem," but they have the least likely chance of it coming to that. Just call and be polite and courteous :)

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

It's official, the Wii U is the greatest console 3 years running:

More investor news here

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 17, 2015

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

More investor news here

quote:

We are also planning a free-download app for Wii U in which you can enjoy NES and Super NES games with your amiibo in the first half of this year.
With this app, once you tap your amiibo on the NFC area of the GamePad, you will be able to play highlighted scenes of one certain title for NES or Super NES. You cannot play the entire game due to a time limit, but another tap of the amiibo will enable you to try another highlighted scene in the game. We hope that when you tap your amiibo, the quickly changing game scenes will pleasantly surprise you and make you feel as though you have just exchanged a game cartridge.

So basically, there's going to be something similar to a combo NES/SNES Remix free app that randomly plays levels based on what Amiibo you have. That's actually pretty cool.

Also digital purchases are now 14% of sales in America for Nintendo-made titles.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Has windwaker HD had a sudden spike in popularity or something? I just had a quick look around for it and it's sold out in a lot of places.

edit: in the UK.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 17, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's official, the Wii U is the greatest console 3 years running:

More investor news here

That image was used a few months ago and at the time I think we figured most of the "other console" games are actually on Vita lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kin posted:

Has windwaker HD had a sudden spike in popularity or something? I just had a quick look around for it and it's sold out in a lot of places.

people always seem to buy old zeldas when a new one comes out. oot3d was hard to find when lbw cames out and now again.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

elf help book posted:

That image was used a few months ago and at the time I think we figured most of the "other console" games are actually on Vita lol

TBF the vita is clearly the better of the 3

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

elf help book posted:

7 of the 8, it looks like.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

quote:

In contrast to the current figure-shaped amiibo available, we will make amiibo in the form of cards this year as one of our future plans as Mr. Miyamoto mentioned at the Corporate Management Policy Briefing in October.

:toot: I wonder what they'll cost, although I wouldn't be too surprised if they came in random packs like Pokemon cards.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Kin posted:

edit: in the UK.

I was going to suggest Amazon but that apparently when out of stock in the last 24 hours.

I think it's just their stock running out. 3D World completely sold out everywhere last month but it's back now, so it's probably just another case of that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Szmitten posted:

I was going to suggest Amazon but that apparently when out of stock in the last 24 hours.

I think it's just their stock running out. 3D World completely sold out everywhere last month but it's back now, so it's probably just another case of that.

Yeah, there are 3rd party copies going for like £60 on there. Like Awsome said, it's probably due to some short term Zelda fever or something. I'll pick it up in a few months as i doubt it's one that's ever going to be limited.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kin posted:

Yeah, there are 3rd party copies going for like £60 on there. Like Awsome said, it's probably due to some short term Zelda fever or something. I'll pick it up in a few months as i doubt it's one that's ever going to be limited.

There's also the eShop

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

There's also the eShop

I'd still like to get it at a reasonable price.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kin posted:

I'd still like to get it at a reasonable price.

boom eshop slam

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

7 of the 8, it looks like.

Anyone remember what games? I'm really curious now.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Local best buy has some older games on clearance:

Any thoughts on Super Luigi U? Could get it for about $24.

How about Rabbids Land? Could get it for $15. Have Nintendoland, and Mario Party 10 on the way....so is it worth it?

Right now, I'm just running with the deluxe bundle mario 3d world/nintendoland, super smash brothers, and NES Remix pack, so I'm looking to bulk up cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dead Pressed posted:

Local best buy has some older games on clearance:

Any thoughts on Super Luigi U? Could get it for about $24.

I'd pass on this, it's easy enough to get the NSMBU/NSMLU combo pack for 50 dollars. NSMBU is the bigger game and also includes the awesome challenge mode.

quote:

How about Rabbids Land? Could get it for $15. Have Nintendoland, and Mario Party 10 on the way....so is it worth it?

oh god no dont do it

• Locked thread