Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a new episode tonight, because I noticed the thread isn't sticky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it was all a setup by Stark to test Peggy to see if she's cut out to be the head of the eventual SHIELD, but it all went wrong when an actual evil shadowy organization showed up and started doing things.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There's been enough hints that the "obvious" story is that the Battle of Finael was a test run for a new type of super soldier after Cap died. Things went very, very wrong - and Stark found out and refused to work with the government. They label him a traitor and off we go.

Hell, I wouldn't even be shocked to find out that Dottie stole Stark's inventory off of american orders.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rirse posted:

Is there a new episode tonight, because I noticed the thread isn't sticky?

The ABC site says there is. Episode name SNAFU, which seems highly unladylike to say.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ToastyPotato posted:

Insinuating that I am too young or too uneducated to understand the deep complexities of a show about sci-fi super weapons from WW2 is kind of dumb though, especially when you don't know how old I am and I don't know how old you are (not that it actually matters in any way.)

Commies were kind of a big deal up till relatively recently, man. It's not an reasonable thing to assume in a period piece, even a silly sci-fi one. It's like, you know, assuming females are the ones who bring hu-mon young to term, internally even! Or fire = bad.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Commies were kind of a big deal up till relatively recently, man. It's not an reasonable thing to assume in a period piece, even a silly sci-fi one. It's like, you know, assuming females are the ones who bring hu-mon young to term, internally even! Or fire = bad.

I guess I am just not seeing why Leviathan is being equated with " plain old commies" given the existence of HYDRA, their central role in this universe, and the fact that Nazism was more a means to an end, and not a core principle of their ultimate mission. I don't understand why "Commies = The Bad Guys, E-Z" is somehow "good enough" from a story telling perspective, when the show is kind of A) avoiding a lot of red scare lingo and talk, B) setting up things other than "Commies!" as the possible bad guys, and C) exists in a world where the ultimate bad guys weren't even plain ol' Nazis in the traditional, Hollywood sense (they have their own name, emblem, and don't refer to themselves as Nazis or even really refer to the party in anyway.)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I brought it up because of your insistance that... '

It was/is translating to the screen. You just couldn't see it for some reason. Why? I don't know, maybe personal experience, but it was very clear to me.

I don't know man this show is as weighty as a cinnamon roll and Toasty's explanation sounds as good as any to me. A bit of a disappointment, really.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Basically you could swap Leviathan for HYDRA at this point in the story and other than the fact that they base they raided was in Soviet territory, nothing substantial to the story changes even remotely. I guess it kind of messes with Red Room if you really want Red Room to be directly tied to Black Widow, but you could hand wave it away by saying the Soviets found out about HYDRA's Red Room program and adopted it, creating the Black Widow program.

That's why bringing up the whole Cold War era tension thing is pointless. Because with regards to the actual story we are watching, the bad guys could have just as easily been HYDRA, completely torpedoing that whole line of thinking, since we are no longer dealing with the USSR at that point.

It would also make AC fit better with the current goings on in AoS. But that isn't really important.

I hope today's ep finally fully explains Leviathan's deal, so that they can be defined properly within the story's world.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Doctor Faustus hahaha

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
And thus Alexander Ovechcin's grandfather survived the war

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Holy crap, my broadcast of the episode is breaking up like crazy. Missing like every other line of dialogue. :(

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just punch them Peggy. It won't help you legally but you'll feel so much better.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh goody, we're getting even creepier with the psychotic assassin.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peggy is killing them.

Jarvis just comes strolling in, hahaha.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what Dottie's plan is. It's scary.

JARVIS!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Jarvis is extremely powerful.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
What, no record skip?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
They have knocked it out of the park with what they've done with Peggy. I love watching her so much.

I need more characters like this in my Marvel shows and movies.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
That was the weakest handshake I've seen in a while.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Peggy. :smith:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

hahahaha jarvis you dork

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Have you ever been hanged, Mr. Jarvis!?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Jarvis is just the best.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jarvis is just the best.

I loving love Jarvis.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I need more Jarvis and Peggy in the MCU. I don't care if it makes sense or not, put them into Agents of SHIELD.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Peggy's dressing down of each of the male characters was goddamn fantastic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Come on Chief bust outta this

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And another one out the window.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I really hope the Chief is just playing along here.

Doubt it though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nah he's hella dead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pretty dumb of him to bring up the window. It made the doc suspicious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Souza or Jack are so dead.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I do like how they're rounding the formerly one-dimensional agents out a little better. That bit where Agent Whatsisname was not a dick to Sousa was pretty cool.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

What's in the booooooox?!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, if item 17 was the Tesserect

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gonna be the Diviner.

Or Robot Arm.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Do we know what that vest is?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Whatever happened to just shooting people?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Dottie knows wall jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Too bad that guy didn't get the "shoot to kill" speech.

• Locked thread