Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Brian Harsin was given a 5 year, $9.35 million extension at Boise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

John Rawl Tahd posted:

They probably think Prison Break is a better show than The Wire.

Hey Prison Break is exactly like the current playoff format. In that the 1st season is way better then it had any right being, and now they are scrambling to make it bigger but that might not work out so in 2 years the national championship will be hosted by Michael Rappaport.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hahaha oh man you guys i can't believe that terrible a&m fan board said something terrible!!!!!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

in 2 years the national championship will be hosted by Michael Rappaport.

I look forward to the commercials that will be exactly like the ONE OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!! commercials.

And by look forward to, I mean be completely suicidal over

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Georgia Tech chat: we should be good enough to win the ACC but have a tough schedule.
On OL we return three redshirt seniors, a redshirt junior, with a redshirt sophomore replacing Shaq Mason who will probably be drafted pretty high. We lose our starting A-backs, who are the most integral skill players outside of QB (obviously good there), but we sub guys in and out of there so much that our new starters are RS-SR and RS-JR who should be fine. I'm not super concerned with B-back as their role isn't as complicated. Outside blocking may be a problem with new WR starters.
On Defense I feel good. Only major loss was our safety Isaiah Johnson, but we've been pretty deep in our secondary for a few years now. I think we will be able to get more pressure up front with KeShun Freeman no longer being a true freshman.
Like I said, my biggest concern is the schedule. We may end up with one of the highest strengths of schedule again this year between getting the best of the Atlantic (@Clem, FSU at home) @ND, and UGA.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I just saw some tweet of Winston working out... He must be bulking or some poo poo cause he looked huge.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That one?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

I'm just going to smugly pretend that Texas fansites aren't every bit as bad as this.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

I'm just going to smugly pretend that Texas fansites aren't every bit as bad as this.

Yep. I like to laugh, but Baylor...

Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!

Deteriorata posted:

Come on, guys. I'm trying real hard to pretend Texas A&M doesn't exist. It makes life so much more pleasant.

We all try this in Texas. Kind of hard when College Station is an hour away and half of the oil and gas industry graduated from there.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Why would you major in ocean engineering at Texas A&M

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia's considering moving forward with a new 30 million dollar indoor practice facility. Should be more info tomorrow.

About loving time.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ahahaha that quote

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

News: Some Auburn football players allegedly harassed a veteran and her service dog, which she had for PTSD
Views: If true, these guys are grade A shits.

Other news: UGA approved an indoor practice facility. For $30 million :stare:
Views: I don't know what it costs to build something like an indoor practice facility, but $30 million sounds like an awful lot.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

News: Some Auburn football players allegedly harassed a veteran and her service dog, which she had for PTSD
Views: If true, these guys are grade A shits.

Views: I don't know what it costs to build something like an indoor practice facility, but $30 million sounds like an awful lot.

Most of that is for the veterinary clinic to keep the Ugas alive.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

Nah we just opened a new vet school for that. It is loving huge. HUGE

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Unfortunately Texas A&M, despite being weird as all hell, has a really good engineering program. v:shobon:v

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Chieves posted:

Unfortunately Texas A&M, despite being weird as all hell, has a really good engineering program. v:shobon:v

Yup, could be arguably the best in the state. Though the state of Texas is not hurting for good engineering schools. It's pretty much the best college that TTU's got as well.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

KKKLIP ART posted:

VT is spending 21m on theirs(due to finish in June). Costs vary wildly on this stuff depending on what exactly you're putting inside, whether other teams at the school will use it, etc.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

gently caress these players. Seriously. Disgusting.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Anything to do with oil is going to have a place at A&M.

Slightly unrelated but they're also a Sea Grant school, although the administration has been working to shut that down.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

In addition to oil industry shenanigans, I'm pretty sure they have a satellite campus on the coast. I feel like I knew some guys that did lots of oceanographic stuff and ended up in the merchant marines after graduating from aTm. Galveston maybe? South Padre Island? Somewhere like that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

LeeMajors posted:

In addition to oil industry shenanigans, I'm pretty sure they have a satellite campus on the coast. I feel like I knew some guys that did lots of oceanographic stuff and ended up in the merchant marines after graduating from aTm. Galveston maybe? South Padre Island? Somewhere like that.

Yes, it's TAMU Galveston which is notable for being built on the pile of dirt they had after dredging the harbor.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Campuses in Corpus Christi and Galveston, probably more along the coast.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I can't read aTm any time anyone types it out like that and not think rear end to mouth. Also not surprising that A&M has a good engineering school in oil land.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia's considering moving forward with a new 30 million dollar indoor practice facility. Should be more info tomorrow.

About loving time.

Funny how it came right after ours was announced lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

computer parts posted:

Yes, it's TAMU Galveston which is notable for being built on the pile of dirt they had after dredging the harbor.

Went there for a year before I moved up to the main campus. It's right next to a sulfur plant as well.

The beach and getting really good football seats is all TAMUG has going for it. Oh and being a loophole into the main campus if you didn't get in originally.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's a good gelato place near the Corpus campus

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
What's up y'all, I've just been watching highlights of our national championship season that I had a lot to do with for the last month. Probably just going to continue doing that until the season starts again.

Chiken n' Waffles
Mar 11, 2001

kittenmittons posted:

What's up y'all, I've just been watching highlights of our national championship season that I had a lot to do with for the last month. Probably just going to continue doing that until the season starts again.

Is there any way to buy regular season games online?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Chiken n' Waffles posted:

Is there any way to buy regular season games online?

from last season? they probably have 'em on youtube for free. the big games anyway. next year i dunno.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

Funny how it came right after ours was announced lol

and costs twice as much

Deteriorata posted:

Man, that's a new one.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I miss Scionix.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Whoah there's a Grantland article on Tony Sanchez and UNLV

quote:

Because at UNLV, his predecessors found to a man that there was nowhere to go but the scrap heap: The last seven coaches have averaged five years and 19 wins before getting a pink slip, and the last six — Wayne Nunnely (1986-89), Jim Strong (1990-93), Jeff Horton (1994-98), John Robinson (1999-2004), Mike Sanford (2005-09), and Bobby Hauck (2010-14) — combined to produce five winning seasons in nearly three decades. Altogether, UNLV has endured 230 losses since 1986, more than any FBS school in that span except New Mexico State (250), Temple (237), and Kent State (232). No UNLV head coach has ever lasted more than six years in Vegas, or gone on to hold the same job at another Division I school.

quote:

In 2014, attendance fell — officially, the average crowd at Sam Boyd Stadium this season was 15,674, second-smallest in the Mountain West — and the books continued to bleed red ink as the record sank to 2-11; more than 56 percent of the total athletic budget is subsidized by the university, according to USA Today, and even after accounting for the university’s share the department is plagued by a deficit of more than $2 million. A composite of scores from multiple recruiting sites ranked UNLV’s 2014 recruiting class as the second-worst in the conference.

Part of this rebuild must be letting the absolute terribleness of the program air out cause drat son

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Fertittas are pumping so much money into that program I'd be shocked if they don't find success down the road

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Edit: Missed the posts above about the service dog incident. The players should definitely apologize and learn some empathy.

Morby fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 18, 2015

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

kittenmittons posted:

I think the turning point for the team was after the VT game when I told somebody I work with they were going to lose 4 or 5 games. Really motivated the guys.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy hell, sparty apparently had an amazing program cover for the wyoming game

can one of you sparty fans confirm this?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

DJExile posted:

holy hell, sparty apparently had an amazing program cover for the wyoming game

can one of you sparty fans confirm this?

It even has :eyepop: thats awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Famous Jameis been eating too much Famous Amos

• Locked thread