Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Esroc posted:

It's even worse when you try to convince a memorial date/name customer to instead get an artistic image inspired by the person rather than just boring text. Nine times out of ten the answer to this is "I don't want to pay that much."

Well then you obviously don't care about it as much as you want people to think you do. :colbert:

It should be mentioned that the people I knew wanting memorial tattoos wanted the name, date, and portrait on a high-schooler's budget.

Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Taeke posted:

Yeah, my sister wants just one tattoo (for now, at least), which is the birth date and death date of our father tattooed in an inconspicuous place, when he dies. My sister isn't stupid so she's not going to do it in a very visible place, somewhere she can cover it up really easily, which is the way I like those kinds of tattoos. They're a very personal, private and very permanent monument to someone you love.

Getting something like that in a very visible place just screams for attention, though, and I always wonder whether those people enjoy the first month or so of everyone asking them "what does it mean?" (which they want) after which they get sick of it and regret getting it. Then again, that's probably a significant portion of bad tattoos anyway.

I have my friend's initials and a simple design in the background in a pretty discrete place, to this day it's still my favorite tattoo and I think maybe five people total have seen it. I think it's a really cool way to remember someone if it's done well.

Firstborn posted:

But.. they are anime. They don't look anything like the traditional Japanese style they are going for.
This is really well done but I cannot stand sleeves that are like 60% filler. I know you need some here and there but goddamn that's just too much water and bullshit.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Samfucius posted:

It should be mentioned that the people I knew wanting memorial tattoos wanted the name, date, and portrait on a high-schooler's budget.

Jesus Christ.

Couldn't one of their friends have done it for free?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Taeke posted:

Yeah, my sister wants just one tattoo (for now, at least), which is the birth date and death date of our father tattooed in an inconspicuous place, when he dies.

Is it normal to plan out a memorial tattoo before the person dies?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dienes posted:

Is it normal to plan out a memorial tattoo before the person dies?

Well after he dies it's know as "Exhibit 1".

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Friend of a friend on the book of Faces

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

PCOS Bill posted:

Friend of a friend on the book of Faces

Galentine's day ?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

From the classy file

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Here is a guy who wants to be a model. He has dumb stuff tattooed on his face and body.

With deep explanations like "I’ll go on YouTube and listen to all the big hits and I’ll just take words from these songs. For example, ‘Top of the World’ is from the song by The Cataracs, but it’s also what I want. I want to rule the world."
The chest hair is also tattooed on.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/this-male-model-has-more-face-tattoos-than-you

Haha love how he has baise moi on it, which basically is "gently caress me" in french.

What a mess.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Haruharuharuko posted:

From the classy file

While this is super loving dumb, the fact it isn't centered makes me want to punch him.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
I unfortunately know this lady and she has a penchant for getting atrocious tattoos.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Part of Everything posted:

I unfortunately know this lady and she has a penchant for getting atrocious tattoos.

that ladybird makes me sad.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Part of Everything posted:

"should I make the vines on this one match the existing tattoo in the area?"

"no, but if you could make the new and old overlap that would be great."

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

cyberia posted:

I want these words, but then I also want a tattoo of a bruise, I know...

Not that this isn't terrible, because it is, but I don't think the red here is tattooed on. That's exactly what the shading on my B&W only tattoo looks like when it's fresh.

Some of us are bleeders.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Good choice. Coz when you are getting the name of a video game tattooed on your arms, be sure to get the sequel.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

BrigadierSensible posted:

Good choice. Coz when you are getting the name of a video game tattooed on your arms, be sure to get the sequel.

He did get the original, but when 2 came out, he just added a "2". When 3 comes out, then it'll be "3". Also "CTR" on the head of his dick.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

To be fair 1 was pretty lackluster.

That H is unrecognizable though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -